Hey Mods

Hello

:)

EDIT: i should clarify that this is not in a silly mocking voice @onemind

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Yeah you're banned

  • They cant do that to dwight

    Unless did he say it in a slightly mocking silly voice

    Ohh it's alright people he didnt say it in a slightly mocking silly voice

  • Wow, banned.

    Silly mocking voice, you're kidding, right?

  • The audacity of this Dwight.

    get banned.

  • @FregglesFred said:

    Wow, banned.

    Silly mocking voice, you're kidding, right?

    ... glad you dont know

  • Uhh, permabanned for "name and shaming". Please close thread pretty please uWu OwO.

  • @Mooks said:

    The audacity of this Dwight.

    get banned.

    I don't see why though he just said.... oh great were going to have this discussion now aren't we

  • Going to Mori every Dwight I see because of this thread.

    I hope you are satisfied...

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2255251#Comment_2255251

    I don't see why though he just said.... oh great were going to have this discussion now aren't we

    I actually have no idea what this is about.. :)

  • @DwightFairfield said:

    Hello

    :)

    Since this is a silly post I'll add that I've been watching you around the forums sir and I have to say, I really want to get you on my hook.

  • its probably best we don't talk about it... if your curious go on twitter in DBD drama... you'll have your answer

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2255272#Comment_2255272

    its probably best we don't talk about it... if your curious go on twitter in DBD drama... you'll have your answer

    Yeah, no thanks, I don’t need that kind of stuff in my life XD

  • My understanding, which isn't much more informed than yours, but here goes:

    Two DBD streamers disagreed on something. At least one of them was apparently banned or in some way punished. People are angry about it.

    That's really about it. I'm telling you this only because I also understand that the mods have been going crazy trying to keep all the drama over it under control, so I advise you not to push for details. They've got enough on their plate, I saw like 12 topics on the subject over the last hour alone.

  • This thread has me so confused.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2255276#Comment_2255276

    Yeah, no thanks, I don’t need that kind of stuff in my life XD

    ME niether but I some how got wrapped up in it, funny how that works

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2255272#Comment_2255272

    My understanding, which isn't much more informed than yours, but here goes:

    Two DBD streamers disagreed on something. At least one of them was apparently banned or in some way punished. People are angry about it.

    That's really about it. I'm telling you this only because I also understand that the mods have been going crazy trying to keep all the drama over it under control, so I advise you not to push for details. They've got enough on their plate, I saw like 12 topics on the subject over the last hour alone.

    Thanks, but I am fine with not knowing anything about it. I just didn’t really connect this thread with it tbh, but I don’t need to know the connection either way.

  • I hope the mods aren't getting in trouble with their overlords.

  • Prepared to get banned for using a silly voice.

    We don't tolerate that kind of insane, destructive toxicity in this totally pure community.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2255283#Comment_2255283

    Thanks, but I am fine with not knowing anything about it. I just didn’t really connect this thread with it tbh, but I don’t need to know the connection either way.

    I don't blame you. From what I can tell there's not much more to the story anyway. Streamer acted dumb, or at least in a way that was deemed offensive, there's some disagreement as to whether his resulting punishment was fair, the end.

    @MadLordJack said:

    I hope the mods aren't getting in trouble with their overlords.

    They shouldn't be. From what I can tell they're doing exactly what they're supposed to.

  • Inb4 thread gets closed lmao

  • Hold up.

    They really kicked him out of the fog whisperer program just for that false narative?

    Damn, I love this game and have supported it for years. But I'm not sure if i want to support people who approve of this cancel culture.

    Ngl that's messed up

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2255294#Comment_2255294

    I don't blame you. From what I can tell there's not much more to the story anyway. Streamer acted dumb, or at least in a way that was deemed offensive, there's some disagreement as to whether his resulting punishment was fair, the end.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2255299#Comment_2255299

    They shouldn't be. From what I can tell they're doing exactly what they're supposed to.

    I meant for not doing it quick enough. I've also been a moderator, albiet not for a professional company, I know how BS and unfair The Gods Of The Forum can get.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2255337#Comment_2255337

    I meant for not doing it quick enough. I've also been a moderator, albiet not for a professional company, I know how BS and unfair The Gods Of The Forum can get.

    Yeah when it's the official forum of a major game publisher the higher-ups can be pretty anal about general practices and appearances. And in my case I was asked to join the mod team after I'd already been a member of the forum for a year so I had to moderate my own friends. It's definitely not the easiest job. High stress, little reward. But there's a pride that comes with the responsibility, knowing that you're trusted and respected enough to be given the job. If the company is reputable they won't do that for just anybody.

    ...Even if that's of little consequence when you're spending all day dealing with people yelling at you, your bosses, the developers, the game, the other players, and pretty much everything else that exists. XD

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2255451#Comment_2255451

    Yeah when it's the official forum of a major game publisher the higher-ups can be pretty anal about general practices and appearances. And in my case I was asked to join the mod team after I'd already been a member of the forum for a year so I had to moderate my own friends. It's definitely not the easiest job. High stress, little reward. But there's a pride that comes with the responsibility, knowing that you're trusted and respected enough to be given the job. If the company is reputable they won't do that for just anybody.

    ...Even if that's of little consequence when you're spending all day dealing with people yelling at you, your bosses, the developers, the game, the other players, and pretty much everything else that exists. XD

    I definitely respect it. Imagine how the internet would be if everything was like it was back in the 90s. Really crazy. At least you guys get paid for your hard work so it's a fair give and take I think.

  • @Heartbound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2255465#Comment_2255465

    I definitely respect it. Imagine how the internet would be if everything was like it was back in the 90s. Really crazy. At least you guys get paid for your hard work so it's a fair give and take I think.

    I can't speak for the mods here but I didn't actually get paid when I gigged with THQ. I did, however, get other benefits and I enjoyed the job regardless (well, aside from the aforementioned days of pure unrelenting stress, lol). You haven't lived until you've deleted a hundred spam posts from adbots, broken up three fights between your friends, been accused of favoritism and selling out, and told people that even though there's no specific rule against discussing Chris Benoit they still can't do it, all in the course of a single afternoon. XD

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2255272#Comment_2255272

    My understanding, which isn't much more informed than yours, but here goes:

    Two DBD streamers disagreed on something. At least one of them was apparently banned or in some way punished. People are angry about it.

    That's really about it. I'm telling you this only because I also understand that the mods have been going crazy trying to keep all the drama over it under control, so I advise you not to push for details. They've got enough on their plate, I saw like 12 topics on the subject over the last hour alone.

    Both got hit. Not just one.

  • Hello, DwightFairfield.

    I appreciate the intentions of this post, but I'm afraid I am going to have to close it up. It already dipped a bit into Naming and Shaming, and we'd like to prevent it from any further instances of it on this thread, as it is not acceptable here on the forums.