Can we have a thread for naming positive parts of the game?
I love a good debate as much as anyone, but all the drama lately has gotten really boring.
I’ll start:
- I know not everyone agrees, but I love the reworked Coldwind maps. They’re extremely unique, and some of my favourite maps right now.
- Yun-Jin had some of the best lore BHVR have ever created for a character. I’m not huge on ‘maining’ one character, but she’s the closest to a main I’ve had.
- The Plague’s tome was incredible, they smashed it with this one. Hopefully we can expect similarly amazing writing for future ones.
- The All-Kill theme was amazing, and I really hope we get a map that matches the atmosphere.
- The BT change was one of the best perk reworks they’ve ever done.
Comments
The music has always been 100% since the launch of the game
With Console Optimization essentially dead in the water, a HUGE clusterfuck in the community and an auto-ban system on the horizon, I'm not exactly feeling positive.
Uh, the nurse is cool. And jake is hot. That's all I've got
100%. They’ve never dropped the ball in this area, I wish we could select the music we wanted though
New Jake is a total babe, amazing face rework
Booping the snoot!!
🐷💕🐽💖
Can we turn this into a negative thread so the devs will actually read this one? I mean they probably won’t do anything about it but hey ho. There’s only like 100 console optimisation threads arhat are ignored.
But yeah what that guy said, the music. The music is pretty good. Apart for the twins and trickster they’re kinda meh
OG dbd soundtrack is amazing.
felix isnt shirtless yet so whats the point :(
It’ll be a surprise cosmetic in the 5th year anniversary event, count on it
New jake makes me consider becoming a Jake main
I'm happy they did a charity case one time, I hope they do it again
It even came with a great shirt for Claudette I really like, and will use from now on.
Is sometimes fun.
Uh. Hmmm. What else?..
Cannot wait for bot matches.
Can. Not. Wait.
I love the variety in this game. I love that there are so many different kinds of killers (even if some are cheap). I love the imagination that goes into the originals, and the quality of most of the licensed characters. I also love how many different flavors of survivor there are. Black, white, Asian, Eastern, male, female, thick, thin. Between these choices and all the perks there are just so many different things to do in this game, relative to how simple the broad concept is.
I love how many maps there are. I do miss dark Coldwind, and think that they could have at least kept a couple of those maps dark, but generally speaking I like the vast majority of maps in this game.
I love that there are SO many ways to get bloodpoints. So many people look at this game as a grind, I look at it as a game. You get bloodpoints for playing, bloodpoints through codes, bloodpoints through rituals, bloodpoints through challenges, extra bloodpoints for offerings. You're never far away from a level or two, or five, or ten.
I love that the game continues to be developed five years on. I've seen games that stopped being developed before they were even finished.
I love that there are sportsmanlike players out there, even if you sometimes have to look to find them.
I love the indoor maps. All of them. And no one's going to change my mind.
I love how many cosmetics there are, though I feel that they're astronomically priced.
I love the music. I love the sound effects. I love the sound design in general.
I love the aesthetic, though seeing shots of the old maps makes me wish that they brought some of the more immersive atmosphere back.
I love the gameplay loop. Playing this game is just plain addicting.
I love that they released this game for the Switch. I get a kick out of playing DBD while laying in bed or spending a night in a hotel with my Lite.
I love Meg and her red hair. Please do not take away Meg's gorgeous red hair.
The occasional balanced matchmaking. It's nice to go into a trial and have a good time, even of it's just because I'm playing Blight and don't have to do everything 100% perfectly.
The items in that case were all 'donated' to the pack by various Content Creators who had exclusive branded cosmetics in the game.
Since BHVR doesn't do that anymore, there wouldn't be anything to put in a hypothetical Charity Case 2
: Electric Booglaoo.Yeah I’ve loved when they started doing change ups of the main menu theme, and then adding thematically complimenting one’s with the killer at the launch of a chapter (Ghostface’s one stands out as being particularly sinister and menacing. Made my skin crawl when I first heard it.) And now we’ve got a range of unique chase music and TR music. I hope they continue do this with older chapters. It’s been stellar.
sad how I've never experienced the summer bbq menu or the winter one or the old Halloween one
I didn't have a platform to bring this up and it seemed silly to make a thread for it. I tried maining a pig before and just really sucked at it. Today I ran across a pig that was really really good at mind games, like holy crap. They were like 5 steps ahead of me every time. It was impressive to keep my eyes on them like 90% of the time, I'd lose LOS which to me meant 'Okay great now I can be unpredictable.' and I'd turn a corner BAM right there.
I was on the tractor working on bones, they were sneaking towards me which I saw plain as day. I waited for them to start going up the ramp and quietly vaulted over. As soon as I landed BAM right there with facefull of drill bit.
Was insane. They earned that win.
On to the good....I like playing survivor a lot....I guess that's good. I like the Coldwin maps too but they are too bright.
I think far too few of the community appreciate just how much effort the devs put into keeping the game fresh, so frequently throughout the year.
I get irritated by some of the complaints about recent events not being like they used to because they’re now tied to the archives, and how entitled it sounds. I’m talking specifically about those that are blatantly rude about it, rather than simply expressing a little dismay and then moving on and growing up.
Very few games thematically change things as frequently as DBD does.
The old winter theme is definitely a jam
I mean, just because the first had YouTuber cosmetics doesn't mean all of them need to. In fact, an idea I had was to give reskinned cosmetics and some charms in a nice little package completely unrelated to content creators. Here's a little mock up and the explanation why it took me a while to respond