I know people love it and I wouldn't say that its the worst perk, but I find whispers to be pretty useless. I've used it, I understand how it works, I just don't like bringing it. I think it can be good on GF and Pig.
Hex: Blood Favor. The fact that this perk has a bad effect on a crippling cooldown while also being a hex makes it useless and a waste of a slot. At least other bad perks have purposes in certain builds. Monstrous and Territorial can be used on Basement Demo to great effect, Distressing on a Skillcheck Doc, or Cruel Limits on an Apex Muffler Tinkerer Billy.
Monstrous Shrine by far is the worst. You need a basement build to even guarantee that it'll see value at all. Even when it works though, the benefit it actually provides is so pathetic that even in a basement build, it's still a waste of a perk slot. Absolutely terrible.
Monstrous Shrine is the real life equivalent to eating Fudge Poptarts 7% faster.
It's too specific (why only Fudge? Why can't it be every Poptart?) and even if it was expanded it'd still be useless (why would I want to eat Poptarts 7% faster?)
However Hex: Blood Favor.(Which isn't on the list) is a hex that's nearly strict a downgrade in most situations but has insanely niche positive applications.
I know people love it and I wouldn't say that its the worst perk, but I find whispers to be pretty useless. I've used it, I understand how it works, I just don't like bringing it. I think it can be good on GF and Pig.
Use Whispers on Doctor to guarantee a hit with your Static Blast every time
I know people love it and I wouldn't say that its the worst perk, but I find whispers to be pretty useless. I've used it, I understand how it works, I just don't like bringing it. I think it can be good on GF and Pig.
Also whispers. I can’t make out a damn thing the entity is saying.
Beast of Prey does literally nothing at least monstrous shrine you can tweak numbers and it could be okay but beast of prey needs an entirely new effect.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
This perk actually gives you a disadvantage because it makes scratch marks not appear on walls.
Predator has a detrimental affect with 0 buffs to compensate
Idk why Insidious is o this list, its a very useful perk...
I know people love it and I wouldn't say that its the worst perk, but I find whispers to be pretty useless. I've used it, I understand how it works, I just don't like bringing it. I think it can be good on GF and Pig.
How is Monstrous Shrine not on this list?
Hex: Blood Favor. The fact that this perk has a bad effect on a crippling cooldown while also being a hex makes it useless and a waste of a slot. At least other bad perks have purposes in certain builds. Monstrous and Territorial can be used on Basement Demo to great effect, Distressing on a Skillcheck Doc, or Cruel Limits on an Apex Muffler Tinkerer Billy.
To be honest I completely forgot that perk existed lol.
Monstrous Shrine by far is the worst. You need a basement build to even guarantee that it'll see value at all. Even when it works though, the benefit it actually provides is so pathetic that even in a basement build, it's still a waste of a perk slot. Absolutely terrible.
Monstrous Shrine is the real life equivalent to eating Fudge Poptarts 7% faster.
It's too specific (why only Fudge? Why can't it be every Poptart?) and even if it was expanded it'd still be useless (why would I want to eat Poptarts 7% faster?)
######### insidious
N.O.E.D
Monstrous Shrine is so bad and encourages such scummy behaviour you forgot it even exists.
The other perks aren't actively harming you for taking them.
Distressing. If used on its own, it is more detrimental than anything.
I went with Predator... But how did monstrous shrine not not make it up there over Gearhead, Mad Grit, and Forced Penance?
Scroll up and read one of my replies. I completely forgot about MS when I was making the poll.
Predator is a strict downgrade.
However Hex: Blood Favor.(Which isn't on the list) is a hex that's nearly strict a downgrade in most situations but has insanely niche positive applications.
m shrine lol
Monstrous shrine
yes 100% grabage
Monstrous Shrine
Use Whispers on Doctor to guarantee a hit with your Static Blast every time
Yes, that is perfect synergy. Good point.
This is just a waste of a perk slot this doesnt do anything
Also whispers. I can’t make out a damn thing the entity is saying.
I think most of the perks above are not really good.
But Monstrous shrine is the worst of all i think.
This isn’t even a perk lmao
Beast of Prey does literally nothing at least monstrous shrine you can tweak numbers and it could be okay but beast of prey needs an entirely new effect.
losin actually makes active mindgames impossible when it's active. Unless you're a very new player, it's just detrimental.
Furtive Chase