Billy has been way to neglected.

Like idk if I’m the only person to think this but this killer feels like he’s in such a state of dis repair it physically makes me sad.

I will never understand why he has been left in such a sad state, maybe it’s because he’s a free killer so he doesn’t get fixes but idk really I’m just ranting at this point.

im just hoping one day he gets something, just something and isn’t forgotten until this game dies.

Comments

  • @A_Skinny_Legend said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2229917#Comment_2229917

    I understand just fine, you just can't take dissent well, which was clear to see the moment you tossed an insult my way, I just didn't bite.

    You are not entitled to demand anything of me while calling me names.

    Michael & Ghost face cannot one hit down you from a great distance, the only similarity they have is their one hit. Despite lacking Billys' speed, they still need to charge their power.

    The most proper comparison with Billy is Oni.

    I will also quote you here "IT DOESNT MATTER IF A KILLER CAN SPAM THEIR POWER IF THERE WAS NO REWARD TO DOING SO" , the reward is to have a survivor go from a healthy state to the dying state, that reward is still there, you just can spam to get it anymore & that is a good thing.

    This isn't that complicated to understand,

    Notice how I started off calm, it's due to telling you the same thing over and over again that caused me to start insulting you. You don't argue, you just completely ignore what I say and tell me I'm wrong without providing anything new. Also wow, just wow, you think you're right because you don't share the common opinion, ever stopped to consider it's the common opinion because it might just be right. Also didn't you know, it takes Ghostface 2.5 seconds to mark a survivor if he's leaning from a corner, the exact same time as it takes to charge up Billy's chainsaw, except with Michael and Ghostface they both have the element of surprise, leading to scenarios where the survivor is given no time to react before going down.

    I'm just gonna start saying this, if you think Billy could down people from a difference without it being a curve, then you are simply bad at playing against Billy. The only time Billy could down a survivor who wasn't brand new from a distance is if it was a well placed curve (something that is now a pain to do due to the overheat system punishing a good Billy). Also Michael is similar to Oni, both are killers that have to charge their powers, and are both stronger than Billy when their powers are activated, wow what a surprise that is. Once again, no, there was no reward to spamming it because if you did the survivor could just dodge if they're more skilled and now they're give a few seconds to run away, if the Billy continues to spam and miss, that's just free gens for the other survivors in chase. Your quote against me doesn't go against any of my arguments because simply put, a good Hillbilly isn't spamming their chainsaw, that doesn't change from before the nerf to after.

    I'll end it here because of ironically a fellow named TrollTroll has brought me new insight, you're just one person. You're wrong and proving you wrong is near impossible because you simply refuse to think about other's points, then get super defensive when someone insults you because of it. Changing your opinion will have no noticeable difference to me, many share my opinion that it was a bad change (simply because it was) and if you didn't know how to counter Billy so instead you turn to explaining about he was broken and needed to be nerfed, that's fine. Everyone will just tell you you're wrong and you'll ignore it like always. So I'm just gonna end this here, you refuse to provide any new points or actually attempt to counter mine so we're going in circles.

  • @LazyPayday said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2229945#Comment_2229945

    Notice how I started off calm, it's due to telling you the same thing over and over again that caused me to start insulting you. You don't argue, you just completely ignore what I say and tell me I'm wrong without providing anything new. Also wow, just wow, you think you're right because you don't share the common opinion, ever stopped to consider it's the common opinion because it might just be right. Also didn't you know, it takes Ghostface 2.5 seconds to mark a survivor if he's leaning from a corner, the exact same time as it takes to charge up Billy's chainsaw, except with Michael and Ghostface they both have the element of surprise, leading to scenarios where the survivor is given no time to react before going down.

    I'm just gonna start saying this, if you think Billy could down people from a difference without it being a curve, then you are simply bad at playing against Billy. The only time Billy could down a survivor who wasn't brand new from a distance is if it was a well placed curve (something that is now a pain to do due to the overheat system punishing a good Billy). Also Michael is similar to Oni, both are killers that have to charge their powers, and are both stronger than Billy when their powers are activated, wow what a surprise that is. Once again, no, there was no reward to spamming it because if you did the survivor could just dodge if they're more skilled and now they're give a few seconds to run away, if the Billy continues to spam and miss, that's just free gens for the other survivors in chase. Your quote against me doesn't go against any of my arguments because simply put, a good Hillbilly isn't spamming their chainsaw, that doesn't change from before the nerf to after.

    I'll end it here because of ironically a fellow named TrollTroll has brought me new insight, you're just one person. You're wrong and proving you wrong is near impossible because you simply refuse to think about other's points, then get super defensive when someone insults you because of it. Changing your opinion will have no noticeable difference to me, many share my opinion that it was a bad change (simply because it was) and if you didn't know how to counter Billy so instead you turn to explaining about he was broken and needed to be nerfed, that's fine. Everyone will just tell you you're wrong and you'll ignore it like always. So I'm just gonna end this here, you refuse to provide any new points or actually attempt to counter mine so we're going in circles.

    Sorry to say, but your second response to me is where the insult is at, which you made before I ever replied back to you.

    So perhaps be more believable, no offense.

    I've already given you my opinion, you just don't like it.

    Billys' change is justified, and I am glad he's where he is now. It was a good call given the little drawbacks he had.

  • @A_Skinny_Legend said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2229971#Comment_2229971

    Sorry to say, but your second response to me is where the insult is at, which you made before I ever replied back to you.

    So perhaps be more believable, no offense.

    I've already given you my opinion, you just don't like it.

    Billys' change is justified, and I am glad he's where he is now. It was a good call given the little drawbacks he had.

    No I didn't insult you, I asked if you were stupid, there's a difference. Sure you gave me your opinion, your opinion is that it was a justified change, you just never provided any good reasoning to back that opinion.

  • @LazyPayday said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2230003#Comment_2230003

    No I didn't insult you, I asked if you were stupid, there's a difference. Sure you gave me your opinion, your opinion is that it was a justified change, you just never provided any good reasoning to back that opinion.

    Emphasis on the believable part. Ask that to anyone and I'm sure they won't take it as an insult.

    That's because you didn't like my answers, but I'm fine with that because I'm not here to meet your standards of "good reasoning".

  • @A_Skinny_Legend said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2230008#Comment_2230008

    Emphasis on the believable part. Ask that to anyone and I'm sure they won't take it as an insult.

    That's because you didn't like my answers, but I'm fine with that because I'm not here to meet your standards of "good reasoning".

    No, they'd probably call me a smartass. The time I asked you a fair question was because you provided an example of what you thought was proving your point when it was really proving the point of those who disagree with you. Also you should just stop talking if you don't want to debate then? Like what was your purpose then, I was trying to be reasonable and give you opportunities to counter my points and not only did you never even try, you kept saying the same thing I countered many times over. You really shouldn't share your opinion if you think you're some genius for not having the common opinion but lack the skills to back it up with logic.

  • @LazyPayday said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2230013#Comment_2230013

    No, they'd probably call me a smartass. The time I asked you a fair question was because you provided an example of what you thought was proving your point when it was really proving the point of those who disagree with you. Also you should just stop talking if you don't want to debate then? Like what was your purpose then, I was trying to be reasonable and give you opportunities to counter my points and not only did you never even try, you kept saying the same thing I countered many times over. You really shouldn't share your opinion if you think you're some genius for not having the common opinion but lack the skills to back it up with logic.

    I already did, I brought up Oni and used him as a comparison to Billy.

    You however, thought is was "good reasoning " to compare Billy with stealth killers.

    You're also assuming too much of me.

    Btw, no they wouldn't call you that, LMAO!

  • @A_Skinny_Legend said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2230020#Comment_2230020

    I already did, I brought up Oni and used him as a comparison to Billy.

    You however, thought is was "good reasoning " to compare Billy with stealth killers.

    You're also assuming too much of me.

    Btw, no they wouldn't call you that, LMAO!

    I already showed how Oni was both a good comparison to Billy but not in the way you were claiming. I was comparing him to other one-shot killers, Michael and Ghostface just happened to be stealth killers. You said it was broken how Billy could one-shot, I showed how Ghostface and Michael both had the potential to one-shot a survivor without them even being given the chance to react, or how Leatherface one-shot was much harder to dodge.

  • @LazyPayday said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2230031#Comment_2230031

    I already showed how Oni was both a good comparison to Billy but not in the way you were claiming. I was comparing him to other one-shot killers, Michael and Ghostface just happened to be stealth killers. You said it was broken how Billy could one-shot, I showed how Ghostface and Michael both had the potential to one-shot a survivor without them even being given the chance to react, or how Leatherface one-shot was much harder to dodge.

    Spamming his one shot ability is what was broken, clearly if my problem with him was the one shot alone then I wouldn't have settled with a simple cooldown & instead argue for a complete change to his ability.

    I'm satisfied on where he is right now, I've already said that plenty of times.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    delete overheat return old engravings return spark plug ez fix.

    i believe engravings are the same, but I do think there could easily be 1 charge time addon and it would be fine.

  • Been playing DBD for years (survivor and killer), hillbilly was and is still one of the killers i put most of my hours in.

    The insta saw addons were op, it was good that they removed them. The overheat mecanic was completly unnecessary. New hillbilly is basically a m1 killer against good survivor. You can't use your chainsaw unless in deadzone (won't happen against any decent survivor) and most tiles are not curveable against a good survivor. He can still get good results in solo q against red ranks (but only because your average red rank survivor is really bad).

    To be honest, bubba with double chilli is more fun and stronger then hillbilly nowadays, you have to time your stacks properly and take tight curves around a loop without bumping into them, can down multiple people, and you get through pallets very fast.

    The guy thinking you can and could spam hillbilly chainsaw to get easy downs, you are a funny guy and have obviously no clue what you are talking about., its best to ignore people like that.

  • @Junylar said:

    He has the best mobility around the map and one of the best chasing ability. The problem is, that chasing ability took little to no skill to get full value from. Back-revving was so easy, I could do it with no problem just after 2-3 games with him. He was my favorite killer because of it: strong and easy to learn to a decent point. It basically gives you insta-down on anyone who you found in a dead zone. So the only thing he lost was this easy to learn ability of back-revving, he even can traverse the map as easily as before. If you can't play Billy without cheap tricks like back-revving - you are bad with this killer.

    youre not even a billy player,stop lying. It took me 2-3 months to be an ok player with billy,keep in mind i played only him every day to be used to his power. You CANT learn billy in 2-3 days,thats bs and STOP IT. He was strong and very hard to curve. Nowadays he is very hard to learn and extremely unforgiving.

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    All they needed to do was nerf his strongest add ons, but they ruined him for no reason. It’s awful how Bubba is stronger than him these days, despite taking no skill.

    I find him a fun killer to play against. 

    plus there's outplay(window or board) to him unlike the Nurse and Spirit. And yet, I don't understand why He was nerfed more than they were. I want to see Billy more.

  • @BlueFang said:

    Billy needs to be reverted back to how he was before his rework

    but keep every non overheat based add on, i love lo pro and his iri's together

  • Btw guys, keep in mind that Billy is the most map-reliant killer in the game.

  • Having your two best killers free cuts into DLC revenue. Something had to be done.

  • He would be fun to play as and against. I don’t know what they were thinking, but whatever. He most definitely needs some serious love.

  • @TrollToll said:

    Like idk if I’m the only person to think this but this killer feels like he’s in such a state of dis repair it physically makes me sad.

    I will never understand why he has been left in such a sad state, maybe it’s because he’s a free killer so he doesn’t get fixes but idk really I’m just ranting at this point.

    im just hoping one day he gets something, just something and isn’t forgotten until this game dies.

    Billy has not been neglected at all. he has recieved fairly recent changes.....

    He is also still pretty strong.... but he has a high skill cap or takes some serious time for aiming to learn well... much like nurse.... huntress... etc.

    It is all in the hands of the user, understanding maps, and how to dictate game pace and end chases. I play billy and regularly kill 3-4 survivors.... he still has one shot downs and great mobility. learning to 180 chainsaw on loops is very important and it DOES take time. He is not easy to use if you do not understand his power or how the game plays at a high level.... but he was a top 3 killer for the majority of the time the game was out.... without the attention he got you would be reversing this post to "Billy OP, please nerf"

    Regardless he has definitely gotten attention and not been neglected and many long time killers would agree that he is still solid middle-to-top tier for killers.

1 2 ›