So now we got AI zombies doing killer's job?

Somehow it doesn't feel right.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • It's just part of the killer's power. Besides, they're dumb as #########.

  • Doing their job?

    They do that job extremely ######### then.

    They're nothing more than an addition to Nemesis' Power.

  • I like it, feels refreshing. And beside it’s not RE if there isn’t Zombie or some kind of virus enemies constantly walking around

  • I mean if you want to get technical - it's quite similar to Plague puking on pallets, windows, gens - if you interact you get infected.

    Adding new features to the game is a good thing - and I for one thought the zombies added an extra layer of horror after a few matches in PTB.

    I think it is absolutely on brand for RE to add zombies.

  • @Orion said:

    It's just part of the killer's power. Besides, they're dumb as #########.

    They can easily catch you in narrow places, especially while you are being chased. It's like Trapper's traps, difference is that Trapper has to place them first. This new power just requires the killer to exist.

  • @Jasix said:

    I mean if you want to get technical - it's quite similar to Plague puking on pallets, windows, gens - if you interact you get infected.

    Adding new features to the game is a good thing - and I for one thought the zombies added an extra layer of horror after a few matches in PTB.

    I think it is absolutely on brand for RE to add zombies.

    Yeah, but plague has to puke on stuff. Zombies spawn just by playing as Nemesis, you don't have to do anything at all.

  • The zombies are glorious. When Survivors blindly run into them, the joy brings tears to my eyes🤣

  • You can blind them for such a long time, they're annoying at most.

    Also, hopefully they can get creative with the whole A.I. thing because killers have it rough already. Like that A.I. illusion for doctor sounds nice, just make it move and don't give it collision.

    Also think about the new addons that can come for killers like Spirit and Hag. Imagine seeing Spirits' husk still moving towards you but she's actually phasing instead, not that would be really strong on her.

  • @Gay_Police_Dept said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2215605#Comment_2215605

    Yeah, but plague has to puke on stuff. Zombies spawn just by playing as Nemesis, you don't have to do anything at all.

    Again - the game needs to evolve and the reaction to them has been overwhelmingly positive as a good advancement into new threats in the game. Have you actually played the PTB? (Guessing not as they are easily avoidable)

  • @Jasix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2215616#Comment_2215616

    Again - the game needs to evolve and the reaction to them has been overwhelmingly positive as a good advancement into new threats in the game. Have you actually played the PTB? (Guessing not as they are easily avoidable)

    Again, no so easily avoidable in narrow places or indoor maps, especially when you are being chased. If killer was able to place them or whatever i would be fine with them, but spawning just like that without any requirement other than just picking a killer? I don't know dude, it doesn't feel right.

  • I hope they award survivors points for avoiding hits/bites. More scoring events help with BP for grind.

  • Take the zombies and make something like Identity V's Hell Ember out of it .

  • Phase 1 of the killer AI.

  • They're amazing and you can use them strategically by leading a chase towards a zombie, by themselfs the don!t have the BRAINS (I'll be here all night) to catch a good survivor so no big deal in that department.

  • @Gay_Police_Dept said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2215629#Comment_2215629

    Again, no so easily avoidable in narrow places or indoor maps, especially when you are being chased. If killer was able to place them or whatever i would be fine with them, but spawning just like that without any requirement other than just picking a killer? I don't know dude, it doesn't feel right.

    And again - it is the evolution of the game to create even more threats and mechanics to the game. The zombies fit perfectly with the RE theme. I, like many, feel this is a step in the right direction for the game and that this was a perfect time to introduce something like an AI aspect. They will not be removing them - as they are also integral to Nemesis' power. You don't have to like it - there are things about certain killers which I don't like.

    DBD has to evolve - and this is a really good step in that evolution of game mechanics.

  • They have been surprisingly helpful honestly, even if they don't hit anyone they're still giving you free tracking and sometimes blocking off loops for you

    Besides, if you don't want them around you can kill them to get your power tiered up faster

  • @Jasix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2215693#Comment_2215693

    And again - it is the evolution of the game to create even more threats and mechanics to the game. The zombies fit perfectly with the RE theme. I, like many, feel this is a step in the right direction for the game and that this was a perfect time to introduce something like an AI aspect. They will not be removing them - as they are also integral to Nemesis' power. You don't have to like it - there are things about certain killers which I don't like.

    DBD has to evolve - and this is a really good step in that evolution of game mechanics.

    And again, i never asked to remove them. Just more interaction between the zombies and the killer, that's it.

    As i said before: "If killer was able to place them or whatever i would be fine with them"

  • I don't like them at all,they're just free passive value,weren't we going away from that?

  • @Gay_Police_Dept said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2215722#Comment_2215722

    And again, i never asked to remove them. Just more interaction between the zombies and the killer, that's it.

    As i said before: "If killer was able to place them or whatever i would be fine with them"

    So you want the killer to be able to place them around their hex totems, generators, exit gates, etc? In my opinion that would be far more overpowered.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Jasix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2215743#Comment_2215743

    So you want the killer to be able to place them around their hex totems, generators, exit gates, etc? In my opinion that would be far more overpowered.

    No, place them and head to a specific direction. Not to patrol areas, i already thought about that.

  • I like them tbh, it allows Nemesis to have more map control which I love. Plus it requires survivors to waste pallets around the map (correct me if I'm wrong), making his power unique compared to Plague and PH.

  • @DwightyTighties190 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2215618#Comment_2215618

    Ah yes, lets give the killer who is already top tier a new add on to make their power even more ambiguous as to what their doing! Great idea. What next, giving nurse 800% speed and always having the exposed status effect?

    Speaking of nurse, one of the first things that came into my mind was how hard she'll have it on the new map. Have you seen those tight corridors? Maybe the 800% stuff wouldn't be such a bad idea for her on that map.

  • @glitchboi said:

    I like them tbh, it allows Nemesis to have more map control which I love. Plus it requires survivors to waste pallets around the map (correct me if I'm wrong), making his power unique compared to Plague and PH.

    Even if you kill them with pallets (a limited resource) they will respawn, so yeah xD. I can't imagine anyone wasting pallets on them tbh.

  • @DwightyTighties190 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2215618#Comment_2215618

    Ah yes, lets give the killer who is already top tier a new add on to make their power even more ambiguous as to what their doing! Great idea. What next, giving nurse 800% speed and always having the exposed status effect?

    Top Tier? You do realize it is the PTB and changes will be made right? FYI your nurse rant - is what we call a slippery slope fallacy and has no merit or even remotely based in reality.

  • @glitchboi said:

    I like them tbh, it allows Nemesis to have more map control which I love. Plus it requires survivors to waste pallets around the map (correct me if I'm wrong), making his power unique compared to Plague and PH.

    They don't seem to be consistent value tho,if they spawn somewhere good then congrats,if they spawn somewhere useless it's unlucky.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Jasix said:

    I mean if you want to get technical - it's quite similar to Plague puking on pallets, windows, gens - if you interact you get infected.

    Adding new features to the game is a good thing - and I for one thought the zombies added an extra layer of horror after a few matches in PTB.

    I think it is absolutely on brand for RE to add zombies.

    Plague's vomit infected pallets/windows/etc don't down you and don't body block you.

  • @Mr_K said:

    Phase 1 of the killer AI.

    Bots are already fully featured in their own mode on DBD Mobile.

  • @CheyeneKL said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2215605#Comment_2215605

    Plague's vomit infected pallets/windows/etc don't down you and don't body block you.

    Guess you can always DC if you face Nemesis. :) I for one am looking forward to facing Nemesis and his zombie friends on Live as I enjoyed them a lot on PTB.

  • @Jasix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2215951#Comment_2215951

    Guess you can always DC if you face Nemesis. :) I for one am looking forward to facing Nemesis and his zombie friends on Live as I enjoyed them a lot on PTB.

    Uhh... nice talking points?

    Have you gotten body blocked in a chase by them yet? Or are you just extremely lucky? They weren't fun to deal with in tight hallways or when they blocked the only vault you could have taken. It's not enjoyable to have a chase cut down by something neither you nor the killer are really able to control.

  • @CheyeneKL said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2215964#Comment_2215964

    Uhh... nice talking points?

    Have you gotten body blocked in a chase by them yet? Or are you just extremely lucky? They weren't fun to deal with in tight hallways or when they blocked the only vault you could have taken. It's not enjoyable to have a chase cut down by something neither you nor the killer are really able to control.

    Well considering it is the PTB - Did you post your concern in the PTB forum? Or are you just going to complain here where it won't be seen by those who actually are involved with the PTB and any possible changes. That is the entire point of the PTB - to gain feedback and to be made aware of any possible bugs before the chapter goes live in 21 days.

  • @Jasix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2215994#Comment_2215994

    Well considering it is the PTB - Did you post your concern in the PTB forum? Or are you just going to complain here where it won't be seen by those who actually are involved with the PTB and any possible changes. That is the entire point of the PTB - to gain feedback and to be made aware of any possible bugs before the chapter goes live in 21 days.

    Would you like to check my post history, perhaps?

  • I'd have to play more against nemmy outside of kyf and on more indoor maps to form a proper opinion. So far I've mostly thought of them as a mild environmental nuisance although on hawkins that could be more severe. Also no consistent way to get rid of them apart from pallets.

    At least they're pretty stupid

  • @Gay_Police_Dept said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2215588#Comment_2215588

    They can easily catch you in narrow places, especially while you are being chased. It's like Trapper's traps, difference is that Trapper has to place them first. This new power just requires the killer to exist.

    They aren't even compareable to Trappers Traps in power though. He can set up his traps where he needs them to be, and they can immediately down a survivor if the trapper gets to the trapped survivor fast enough. The zombies only infect a survivor, or injure them when they are infected, and they are very slow and easily avoidable.

    The only time they really get effective is when they chase survivors off of gens or when they are at pallets while a survivor is being chased.

  • https://youtu.be/Kiqv5jarkcU

    @jooeevela said:

    They are a nice and new addition, stop complaining dude.

    Yes they are pretty fun, stop complaining >:(

    Now imagine this in Haddonfield, they definitely need a fix


  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2215608#Comment_2215608

    They aren't even compareable to Trappers Traps in power though. He can set up his traps where he needs them to be, and they can immediately down a survivor if the trapper gets to the trapped survivor fast enough. The zombies only infect a survivor, or injure them when they are infected, and they are very slow and easily avoidable.

    The only time they really get effective is when they chase survivors off of gens or when they are at pallets while a survivor is being chased.

    "they really get effective is when they chase survivors off of gens"

    Yeah, that's also killer's job.

  • I love them!!

    So far in videos, they've blocked doorways, swarmed survivors and in one video the zombie actually camped a hooked survivor!

    They can also be a pain in the derrier for Nemesis too, but overall those dudes have so much fun potential for Nemesis trials.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2215608#Comment_2215608

    They aren't even compareable to Trappers Traps in power though. He can set up his traps where he needs them to be, and they can immediately down a survivor if the trapper gets to the trapped survivor fast enough. The zombies only infect a survivor, or injure them when they are infected, and they are very slow and easily avoidable.

    The only time they really get effective is when they chase survivors off of gens or when they are at pallets while a survivor is being chased.

    They actually CAN down you, too. I'd be less disturbed over them (even with the body blocking they're very capable of) if that wasn't the case, but they infect, injure, body block, camp gens, camp hooks (that one is lowkey hilarious though) and down you.

  • I think they’re a great new feature for the game. The only problematic parts about them are in indoor maps, and the fact that they can camp which is silly. If killers thought dead hard was meta before, this will push that fact even further. It’ll be funny to dead hard through a zombie and block the killer lol.

  • @Gay_Police_Dept said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2216038#Comment_2216038

    "they really get effective is when they chase survivors off of gens"

    Yeah, that's also killer's job.

    It's so situational though, it doesn't happen often at all. They really aren't that strong. It's a nice new idea for a killer.

  • @CheyeneKL said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2216038#Comment_2216038

    They actually CAN down you, too. I'd be less disturbed over them (even with the body blocking they're very capable of) if that wasn't the case, but they infect, injure, body block, camp gens, camp hooks (that one is lowkey hilarious though) and down you.

    They do all of that very, very rarely though. They are very easy to avoid and not very dangerous at all.

    Although fair enough, I wouldn't mind removing their ability to down a survivor. Maybe instead they could hold an injured survivor for like 3 or 4 seconds, or if they hit an injured survivor, it incapacitates them for like 5 seconds or so.

  • I dont like the idea of the zombies in the sligthest, the last time BHVR tried something radically different we got Twins and we all know how well received and how enjoyable Twins are to play as and against...

  • There could be a skill cap into luring a survivor in a zombie so I really like it.

  • @bm33 said:

    I hope they award survivors points for avoiding hits/bites. More scoring events help with BP for grind.

    The big points lie with killer and BBQ. You come away with 40K+ each match

  • @paul_denson said:

    https://youtu.be/Kiqv5jarkcU

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2215627#Comment_2215627

    Yes they are pretty fun, stop complaining >:(

    Now imagine this in Haddonfield, they definitely need a fix

    I mean if it stops me getting sent there...

  • I think the zombies are fantastic

  • @Marc_go_solo said:

    I love them!!

    So far in videos, they've blocked doorways, swarmed survivors and in one video the zombie actually camped a hooked survivor!

    They can also be a pain in the derrier for Nemesis too, but overall those dudes have so much fun potential for Nemesis trials.

    Yeah one of them briefly facecamped a survivor in one of my games it was weird as hell

  • @Maperson said:

    Oh c'mon lol, are we already complaining? Can't we have anything new in this game? Can we get one killer without trying to gut them at the start?

    It's almost like people are allowed to express their concerns.

  • @Gay_Police_Dept said:

    Somehow it doesn't feel right.

    You can try not running into the zombies.

‹ 1 2