Unbreakable is so tiresome

Am I the only one who has this perk ruin most games?

Had a million matches in which I manage to down all 4, but nop, everyone has unbreakable. Hell they don't need 4 unbreakables, just someone picking themselves up is enough to get the entire team going. Had a match with Freddy a while ago in which I downed all 4 survivors 3 times. It was for nothing the 3 times because they were a SWF with 4 unbreakables so as soon as I would pick someone to hook them, one would get up and heal everyone else.

Just had a match right now trying some fun meme build with Trickster against the most toxic SWF I have ever seen, manage to down all 4 at once with Starstruck, it was for nothing, they had unbreakable, got a good t-bagging at the gate along with flashlight ear ######### sound.

Unbelivable it let's them recover extremely fast, get it up to 99% and even when they do use it, they still keep the speed recovery. People cry about Dead Hard or DS or even borrowed time but I have never seen anyone comment on Unbreakable

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @twocansofbean said:

    Great Bait Mate

    Listen, I love your pfp but this is not bait because Unbreakable is a frustrating perk to go against. A game can be completely turned around when the killer has put in the effort to snowball by the power of just one perk that literally has no downside to using it other than it only being able to be used once.

  • To be fair, unbreakable isn't super problematic if you aren't trying to mass slug everyone.


    Old DS was problematic because it paired well with Unbreakable to create The Minute of Immortality, where you would DS the killer if they picked you up, or Unbreakable if they left you on the ground.


    Dead Hard is problematic in different ways, mostly the Dead Hard for distance, which is an uncounterable way to gain distance to get to a pallet or a vault, not Dead Hard to dodge a hit as it was originally intended, which can be baited out.

  • Nothing wrong with Unbreakable. It's a strong but fair perk.

  • Why are you slugging all four survivors instead of hooking some?

  • Being on the floor for four minutes is so tiresome.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2197855#Comment_2197855

    Listen, I love your pfp but this is not bait because Unbreakable is a frustrating perk to go against. A game can be completely turned around when the killer has put in the effort to snowball by the power of just one perk that literally has no downside to using it other than it only being able to be used once.

    Yeah it's a perk that counters slugging. This killer was slugging all 4 people mind you. Ofc it get frustrating for him, if he's slugging that often. As a survivor you only get to use unbreakable for like 25% of your games

  • @CluelessWanderer said:

    Why are you slugging all four survivors instead of hooking some?

    You do realize hooking takes time? Why do most of the people who post in this forum constantly show they don't even play the game?

  • Have you considered not slugging?

  • Unbreakable is an extremely balanced perk, always has been. It’s a risk/reward for the survivor and has counterplay for the killer.

  • It's also tiresome to lay for four minutes on the ground while the killer goes wants to slug everyone at 4-5gens. Pick'em up and you don't have to worry about unbreakable anymore.

  • @Nebula said:

    Unbreakable is an extremely balanced perk, always has been. It’s a risk/reward for the survivor and has counterplay for the killer.

    What's the risk reward? Having 35% faster recovery and a free second chance that can turn the game around when you got fairly outplayed?

    @ShamelessPigMain said:

    Have you considered not slugging?

    No, I have not considered not slugging when I make a play that gets all 4 survivors downed in front of me in less than 10 seconds.

  • I'm not a fan of unbreakable.

    I am however a fan of Soul Guard and healing builds. Every time your NOED totem lights up I rise from my grave. Every time Ruin is played, I rise again.

    Dwight is eternal. Dwight is forever. Nothing can stop me from getting into a locker. (Or healing up the other slugs.)

  • @NightmareKiller said:

    Am I the only one who has this perk ruin most games?

    Had a million matches in which I manage to down all 4, but nop, everyone has unbreakable. Hell they don't need 4 unbreakables, just someone picking themselves up is enough to get the entire team going. Had a match with Freddy a while ago in which I downed all 4 survivors 3 times. It was for nothing the 3 times because they were a SWF with 4 unbreakables so as soon as I would pick someone to hook them, one would get up and heal everyone else.

    Just had a match right now trying some fun meme build with Trickster against the most toxic SWF I have ever seen, manage to down all 4 at once with Starstruck, it was for nothing, they had unbreakable, got a good t-bagging at the gate along with flashlight ear ######### sound.

    Unbelivable it let's them recover extremely fast, get it up to 99% and even when they do use it, they still keep the speed recovery. People cry about Dead Hard or DS or even borrowed time but I have never seen anyone comment on Unbreakable

    unbreakable is the prominent way to counter slugging. Is it annoying? Yes but it only buys them a little bit more time.

  • @NightmareKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2197875#Comment_2197875

    You do realize hooking takes time? Why do most of the people who post in this forum constantly show they don't even play the game?

    Pro-tip: to save time, carry the survivor towards the gen(s) you intend to pressure.


    As a (normally) red-ranked killer, I try to avoid slugging more than 1 person at a time. I only slug when there is another survivor immediately available, where I aim to injure the non-slug, and only commit if I think it'll take less than 20 seconds to down them

  • @NightmareKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2197875#Comment_2197875

    You do realize hooking takes time? Why do most of the people who post in this forum constantly show they don't even play the game?

    I would bet at max you're rank 14 if you're trying to slug all 4 people. It's impossible to win high rank games by only slugging. And you probably get gen rushed cause you slug at the very beginning. So you lose generator points needed to rank up.

  • @twocansofbean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2197864#Comment_2197864

    Yeah it's a perk that counters slugging. This killer was slugging all 4 people mind you. "million matches in which I manage to down all 4" I'm pretty sure this guy plays killer as toxic as hell. I also bet he's bad killer cause, it's extremely hard to rank up with a 4 man slug you don't get enough hooks. Ofc it get frustrating for him, if he's slugging that often. As a survivor you only get to use unbreakable for like 25% of your games

    Yeah I guess that’s true. I don’t slug often only if I need to create pressure or if I have a chance to create pressure. My problem with Unbreakable is that it doesn’t have a drawback or prerequisite for how powerful the effect can be. I think it would be ok if it gave the broken status effect when using the perk. That’s just me though.

  • @NightmareKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2197883#Comment_2197883

    What's the risk reward? Having 35% faster recovery and a free second chance that can turn the game around when you got fairly outplayed?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2197880#Comment_2197880

    No, I have not considered not slugging when I make a play that gets all 4 survivors downed in front of me in less than 10 seconds.

    The risk reward is simply bringing the perk into the match. Unbreakable is just like DS in the fact that it’s not used every game, in fact a majority of games. You’re essentially running 3 perks all game.

  • @NightmareKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2197883#Comment_2197883

    What's the risk reward? Having 35% faster recovery and a free second chance that can turn the game around when you got fairly outplayed?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2197880#Comment_2197880

    No, I have not considered not slugging when I make a play that gets all 4 survivors downed in front of me in less than 10 seconds.

    So maybe don't slug. The point of these anti-*insert playstyle* perks is to deter you from playing in a way that the devs don't want you to. For slugging, it makes unfortunate use of the fact that downed survivors can't do gens and have their agency severely restricted.

    And so there's your solution: don't do four-man slugs. Plus, if you're getting 4 survivors downed in less than 10 seconds, unbreakables shouldn't be a problem for you in the first place.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2197878#Comment_2197878

    Yeah I guess that’s true. I don’t slug often only if I need to create pressure or if I have a chance to create pressure. My problem with Unbreakable is that it doesn’t have a drawback or prerequisite for how powerful the effect can be. I think it would be ok if it gave the broken status effect when using the perk. That’s just me though.

    Well the draw back is you don't get to pick when to use it that's the prerequisite.

  • @NightmareKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2197875#Comment_2197875

    You do realize hooking takes time? Why do most of the people who post in this forum constantly show they don't even play the game?

    Dude it was a legit question, JFC why all salty over it?

    So if the rest of us don't slug everyone "we Just DOnT Play tHE GAME". Why even post if you can't handle basic feedback or questions?

  • How often is it necessary to slug all four survivors? I don't teabag or click at the gates but if you slugged everyone for no particular reason and then got a 0k anyway I'd give it some serious consideration

  • @Aneurysm said:

    How often is it necessary to slug all four survivors? I don't teabag or click at the gates but if you slugged everyone for no particular reason and then got a 0k anyway I'd give it some serious consideration

    • Says over and over that managed to down all 4 survivors at the same time
    • "NOO NOOO WHY YOU WERE BEING TOXIC YOU CAN'T SLUG YOU WERE DOING IT OUT OF SPITE THE FULL 4 MINUTES NOOO NOOO!"

    What is with the people in this forum creating scenarios that didn't happen in their head?

  • @Aneurysm said:

    How often is it necessary to slug all four survivors? I don't teabag or click at the gates but if you slugged everyone for no particular reason and then got a 0k anyway I'd give it some serious consideration

    Lmao fr

    Whats up with this huge influx of killers entering the forums within the past week swinging with huge chips on their shoulders for some reason? I genuinely can’t tell if it’s bait or if these dudes are actually salty about everything survivor related in this game.

  • Unbreakable is supposed to counter your kind of play style. It served its purpose. It's a good thing it exists, otherwise we might be seeing slug builds and thus slug fests every other game. Which might be easier to deal with as SWF, but not as solo. Unbreakable is fine.

  • If you have the time to slug all 4 survivors, and one/more of those survivors had the time to pick themselves up using Unbreakable + heal others, then you had PLENTY of time to hook at least one of them, probably two.

  • @NightmareKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2197928#Comment_2197928

    • Says over and over that managed to down all 4 survivors at the same time
    • "NOO NOOO WHY YOU WERE BEING TOXIC YOU CAN'T SLUG YOU WERE DOING IT OUT OF SPITE THE FULL 4 MINUTES NOOO NOOO!"

    What is wrong with the people in this forum creating stupid scenarios that didn't happen in their head?

    I never said it was "toxic" or anything like that, I slug as well but I don't really go for all four, I mean unbreakable exists as you're aware. There are these things called "hooks" it can sometimes be beneficial to use them every now and again, maybe even just to spice things up a little?

  • The perk is great. It counters sluggers. It doesn't bother me because I never purposely slug.

  • @Pepsidot said:

    Unbreakable is supposed to counter your kind of play style. It served its purpose. It's a good thing it exists, otherwise we might be seeing slug builds and thus slug fests every other game. Which might be easier to deal with as SWF, but not as solo. Unbreakable is fine.

    My kind of gameplay?

    @Aneurysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2197942#Comment_2197942

    I never said it was "toxic" or anything like that, I slug as well but I don't really go for all four, I mean unbreakable exists as you're aware. There are these things called "hooks" it can sometimes be beneficial to use them every now and again, maybe even just to spice things up a little?

    If the survivors [BAD WORD] up and I down all 4 of them, I won. Some magic second chance perk shouldn't show up to save the day.

  • @CluelessWanderer said:

    If you have the time to slug all 4 survivors, and one/more of those survivors had the time to pick themselves up using Unbreakable + heal others, then you had PLENTY of time to hook at least one of them, probably two.

    Funny because every single time unbreakable screws me over is when I'm hooking someone. Or do you think survivors are stupid and use unbreakable while the killer is on top of them? They wait for the killer to pick someone up and walk away.

    Why do you keep accusing me of slugging people? A killer is not even allowed to kill 4 survivors at once now? Is that a new survivor rule?

  • imagine going for 4 hooks from slugs instead of 12 like a non slugging, insta hooking CHAD.

  • @NightmareKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2197883#Comment_2197883

    What's the risk reward? Having 35% faster recovery and a free second chance that can turn the game around when you got fairly outplayed?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2197880#Comment_2197880

    No, I have not considered not slugging when I make a play that gets all 4 survivors downed in front of me in less than 10 seconds.

    Except it's not 'less than 10 seconds' because then you wouldn't be over here to complain. It's probably more like 40 seconds where you're in a wild chase in a desperate attempt to close the game as fast as possible, because you apparently also chased over such a distance that you can't just slap the UB user back down.

    If UB bothers you so much, pay attention to the time limit and hook someone if you can't get the 4K fast enough. Don't just leave them slugged.

  • @NightmareKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2197958#Comment_2197958

    My kind of gameplay?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2197969#Comment_2197969

    What part of me downing all 4 survivors WITHIN 10 SECONDS is so hard to grasp that you toxic sad people keep attacking me and making up scenarios about me being an evil slugger? If the toxic survivors ######### up and I down all 4 of them, I won. Some magic second chance perk shouldn't show up to save the day.

    "Had a million matches in which I manage to down all 4, but nop, everyone has unbreakable". You implied you tend to slug a lot.

  • Closing up this thread as the OP has been argumentative with those responding to them. As a reminder, please be civil and respectful with those sharing their thoughts and perspectives.