Wraith has been Overbuffed and is now meta

Wraith has always had the reputation of being a weak killer, but taht era is over. Frankly I never though Wraith was a weak killer; he was problematic to verse for many reasons (the main one being how difficult it is to maintain positioning against him -- which is the most important skill in the game for a survivor) but he was fine before and indeed a bit on the weaker side without his super add-ons.

Now though that is simply not the case. Wraith has beenoverbuffed, with his invisibility buffs, his decloak buffs, and everything else. Wraith is OP right now and everyone knows it but no one will admit it here. I play DBD these days it's basically the Wraith show -- it's close to how Spirit was 2 years ago.

Every other game is Wraith. It's like how every game was a Spirit back then. Even during a Tome where Plague is the featured killer.

And he is practically unstoppable. Without add-ons he's manageable but still a headache. With Swift Hunt and Windstorm he is practically unbeatable.

I know all the killers will still say he is still weak, but this isn't really the case. Worse, Wraith still attracts the worst of the killer playerbase -- the tunnelers and campers who will just kill someone off the bat by tunneling hard. And if Wraith wants you dead you are dead. You can't lose him, you can't outrun him, and you can't even see him!

They need to dial Wraith back down a bit. He's in a similar position as Leatherface (overcompensated buffs) but frankly it's atrocious how meta he is now.

Comments

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    wow now we nerfing a ######### killer that was in desperate need for a buff?

    he still isn't viable against SWF as there are only 2 killers viable against SWF.

    So why nerf him? NERF SWF

    Tony is the Sluzzy of SWFs.

  • it literally doesn't make any sense to call for a wraith nerf.


    he isn't even in the top 3 of killers.


    or even the top 5.


    If by meta they mean 5 people play wraith now instead of 0.


    NERF SWF

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2199097#Comment_2199097

    it literally doesn't make any sense to call for a wraith nerf.

    he isn't even in the top 3 of killers.

    or even the top 5.

    If by meta they mean 5 people play wraith now instead of 0.

    NERF SWF

    I agree that Wraith doesn't need nerfs but you insistence on relating everything back to "sWFs R Op!!!!!!" is just... embarrassing, because at least Sluzzy is actually trolling.

    Just... stop.

  • @thefallenloser said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2199126#Comment_2199126

    I agree that Wraith doesn't need nerfs but you insistence on relating everything back to "sWFs R Op!!!!!!" is just... embarrassing, because at least Sluzzy is actually trolling.

    Just... stop.

    so swf isn't OP?

    Do tell.

  • sigh

    Fellas is Tony actually trolling at this point too?

  • are you implying the 5th free perk known as comms is not OP?


    Sounds like you're trolling.

  • @Alionis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2198527#Comment_2198527

    Unless the wiki tells you that a change log is incomplete, it literally lists all changes that happened to something over the course of the years, since the change logs compile all the information available in the patch notes. What more do you expect here?

    You keep pointing to something that is allegedly missing from the wiki, but can't actually name it. Is it possible that you're trying to make something up, since the change log doesn't suit your argument?

    I know its not complete because it glosses over the add-on change information. I'm sorry my memory isn't perfect for everything in the game after all these years.

  • @BenihimeWrath said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2198862#Comment_2198862

    I know its not complete because it glosses over the add-on change information. I'm sorry my memory isn't perfect for everything in the game after all these years.

    The change logs on killer pages generally do not address add-on changes. That doesn't make them incomplete though, it's just not where the wiki people put that information. Wraith's page will only feature changes to him. For add-on changes, you must go to the add-on pages themselves.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2199285#Comment_2199285

    are you implying the 5th free perk known as comms is not OP?

    Sounds like you're trolling.

    Are you suggesting BHVR somehow removes people's ability to communicate with each other outside of their game? Sounds like you're the one trolling. This topic isn't even about SWF and everyone one of your replies is crying for them to nerf something they have zero control over.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    He is not meta,wraith has no chance againts good survivor,but he destroys bad ones.

    He has been in half my games the past few weeks. How are you going to argue Wraith is not meta? Regardless of what you think of his power level, the huge amount he is played right now literally makes him meta...

  • Goddamn, people went from "Windstorm should be base-kit" to "Wraith OP"? Basic M1 killer man.

    The only OP things about him is All-Seeing and silent bell. Sloppy Butcher is scuffed on him but that perk shouldn't even exist to begin with, lazy design.

  • @Alionis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2199796#Comment_2199796

    The change logs on killer pages generally do not address add-on changes. That doesn't make them incomplete though, it's just not where the wiki people put that information. Wraith's page will only feature changes to him. For add-on changes, you must go to the add-on pages themselves.

    BHVR openly admits they balance killers based on their addons, the fact the addon change information is not apart of killer changes makes them incomplete by its nature. I've pointed directly at a very obvious reason I know the list is incomplete that is visible to everyone. I've already admitted that I've possibly conflated PTB changes that may have never gone live in other comments, if thats what happened, then oh well I guess my memory isn't perfect.

    I'm going to assume that you have nothing constructive to add as you completely ignored the other 6 paragraphs I wrote.

  • He's still JUST an M1 KILLER that continuously gives you a warning he's near with the bell. If anything, he needs to be buffed EVEN MORE. Survivors can EASILY smash him... IF THEY WANTED TO!

  • His addons need a bit of a change and his add on that shows survivor auras needs to be deleted.

  • @BenihimeWrath said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2200164#Comment_2200164

    BHVR openly admits they balance killers based on their addons, the fact the addon change information is not apart of killer changes makes them incomplete by its nature. I've pointed directly at a very obvious reason I know the list is incomplete that is visible to everyone. I've already admitted that I've possibly conflated PTB changes that may have never gone live in other comments, if thats what happened, then oh well I guess my memory isn't perfect.

    I'm going to assume that you have nothing constructive to add as you completely ignored the other 6 paragraphs I wrote.

    Feel free to assume whatever. My goal was to explain why the wiki doesn't list add-on changes on the killer's own page.

  • I think Wraith feels great to play and doesn't seem too oppresive considering what the current top-tier killers look like.

    I think if Wraith need a little dialing back it should be in the form of dialing back his post-decloak speed-burst/lunge a little bit, or raising the distance he can be seen while cloaked to let you run a little earlier. But if he went unchanged I don't think I'd lose too much sleep over it.

  • I do think Wraith has been way overbuffed. Anyone that thinks otherwise hasn't played against one. His lunge from cloak is so great that even a sprint burst can hardly outrun it. That is wrong and it feels like a bug it is so bad. His map traversal shouldn't be so strong either. He needs to lose one or the other because he is like Freddy where he has two powers in one 1) instant map pressure 2) a free hit after uncloak

    He is brokenly overpowered.

  • @BenihimeWrath said:

    Unpopular opinion but for the sake of game balance, all killers should eventually be buffed into the A or B tier. The more powerful the killer role is, the more impactful each individual survivor is allowed to be because the killer has the ability to manage them. Just nerfing killers is a kneejerk reaction, especially considering Wraith has always been nerfed with his buffs. Every single time he got one, they also detracted from somewhere.

    That's fine but survivors aren't exactly getting buffs. Also current Wraith is way stronger than most other killers.

    Ideally all the killers should be powerful, so they can start buffing survivors too. That's not what happens though.

  • @lkalin91 said:

    People will always find something to complain about, I'm glad to see wraith being played, before his buff I barely saw any ever in my games, and as a mostly survivor player, I don't think he's overpowered, although he is a threat now, but we can't have that of course because most survivors want to dunk on every killer they face. You guys just need to adjust and pay more attention during your games, or put on spine chill in your every build.

    LOL Spinechill is not a counter to wraith.

    The issue with Wraith right now isn't his invisibility. I don't think you understand how this game works.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2199097#Comment_2199097

    it literally doesn't make any sense to call for a wraith nerf.

    he isn't even in the top 3 of killers.

    or even the top 5.

    If by meta they mean 5 people play wraith now instead of 0.

    NERF SWF

    Literally every other match I play these days is Wraith.

    Maybe it's an Asian thing and people in NA don't know how to use Wraith, but I doubt it. More likely you don't play survivor enough to even know how the meta has shifted to Wraith.

    @Killing_Time said:

    He's still JUST an M1 KILLER that continuously gives you a warning he's near with the bell. If anything, he needs to be buffed EVEN MORE. Survivors can EASILY smash him... IF THEY WANTED TO!

    Why do people who obviously don't even play against Wraith feel like they need to keep talking? You obviously haven't played against current Wraith enough if you really think that. He is ridiculously powerful in chase right now.


    @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2200187#Comment_2200187

    So just because a free killer is easy to use and played a lot makes him meta?You have to understand that anyone who owns the game can play wraith,no need to buy him with auric cells or iri shards,he was played a lot before as well,this is nothing new with a free killer.

    All these killer nerfs wont change the real problem,survivors thinking a killer is op just because the killer played better.

    Has nothing to do with being free.

    You obviously don't play Survivor enough to notice. Wraith is literally everywhere these days 50% of all my survivor games are Wraith, and they all run the same build with Swift Hunt and Windstorm. It is ridiculously strong in chase. This is not a matter of newbs using a killer just because he's free. Usually Trapper has that honor by the way.

    These are experienced killers who know what they are doing (I am a Red Rank survivor) and they all choose to use Wraith with a very specific build and he is really strong right now.

  • He's buffed to C or at best B-tier. I hope he gets another smaller buff soon also because he deserves to be one of the better killers after being trash for so long.

  • @DBD78 said:

    He's buffed to C or at best B-tier. I hope he gets another smaller buff soon also because he deserves to be one of the better killers after being trash for so long.

    Not according to this post, they want him to be trash

  • Talking to Tony is like talking to a brick wall tbh.

    Although I agree that Wraith doesn't need nerfs as well.

  • @Shirokinukatsukami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2197233#Comment_2197233

    That's fine but survivors aren't exactly getting buffs. Also current Wraith is way stronger than most other killers.

    Ideally all the killers should be powerful, so they can start buffing survivors too. That's not what happens though.

    Wraith is the same as ever, all they did was make a yellow add-on base-kit for him. All they need to change for him is silent bell and All-Seeing.

    He's a basic M1 killer with lots of counterplay.

  • @glitchboi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2205011#Comment_2205011

    Wraith is the same as ever, all they did was make a yellow add-on base-kit for him. All they need to change for him is silent bell and All-Seeing.

    He's a basic M1 killer with lots of counterplay.

    Purple

    Pretty sure they made old purple windstorm basekit

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2205543#Comment_2205543

    Purple

    Pretty sure they made old purple windstorm basekit

    Interesting.

    Awesome move from BHVR tbh.

  • @Shirokinukatsukami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2197233#Comment_2197233

    That's fine but survivors aren't exactly getting buffs. Also current Wraith is way stronger than most other killers.

    Ideally all the killers should be powerful, so they can start buffing survivors too. That's not what happens though.

    What do you mean? Survivors literally just had lucky break buffed, and small game buffed, finding/learning spawns/destroying totems has never been easier basically annihilating an already gutted class of killer perks. Just because they are not buffs to your direct playstyle does not mean survivors aren't being buffed.

    Just because other killers are weak does not make that Wraith's fault or problem. At a certain point the problem is that the skill floor to play survivor is too low, so any amount of resistance feels extremely uncomfortable.

  • @Shirokinukatsukami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2199126#Comment_2199126

    Literally every other match I play these days is Wraith.

    Maybe it's an Asian thing and people in NA don't know how to use Wraith, but I doubt it. More likely you don't play survivor enough to even know how the meta has shifted to Wraith.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2200342#Comment_2200342

    Why do people who obviously don't even play against Wraith feel like they need to keep talking? You obviously haven't played against current Wraith enough if you really think that. He is ridiculously powerful in chase right now.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2201165#Comment_2201165

    Has nothing to do with being free.

    You obviously don't play Survivor enough to notice. Wraith is literally everywhere these days 50% of all my survivor games are Wraith, and they all run the same build with Swift Hunt and Windstorm. It is ridiculously strong in chase. This is not a matter of newbs using a killer just because he's free. Usually Trapper has that honor by the way.

    These are experienced killers who know what they are doing (I am a Red Rank survivor) and they all choose to use Wraith with a very specific build and he is really strong right now.

    Wraith is fine. Use your eyes and get off that gen one second earlier. Wraith is easily smashed If survivors choose to do gens.

  • Wraith has better map pressure and a bit of counterloop but he will never be above midtier with his actual kit and counterplays


    He is not overpowered.

1 2 ›