What was your favorite childhood TV show?

Or shows, you can have a list of them. For me, I have a helluva list: Aang the Last Airbender, Danny Phantom, My life as a teenage robot, Phineas and Ferb, Johnny test, Adventure Time, and Star vs the forces of evil. But no kids show has ever made me laugh more or cry as much as Gravity Falls did, I can't think about my childhood without thinking of it, so its really sad that it had to go. What are some of yours

Comments

  • Hrm. Honestly I'd have to say this one (although there are a lot of of other contenders):

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhYuidbd1qo&list=PLfFi0Ay-vNV0xOYxfEVdhq5MTChgudQXj

    You didn't give an age grouping.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    Hrm. Honestly I'd have to say this one (although there are a lot of of other contenders):

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhYuidbd1qo&list=PLfFi0Ay-vNV0xOYxfEVdhq5MTChgudQXj

    You didn't give an age grouping.

    Um say like 10 years old 13 years old, 9 year old does that help?

  • @Yords said:

    Chowder

    Oh god I remember that show my parents wouldn't let me watch given that it would drop my IQ to the floor, actually... that would've been spongebob

  • Hmm... I don't remember what age I was for the different shows I watched, but I'll go with Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers, Batman the Animated Series, Disney's Gargoyles, and Rocko's Modern Life.

  • @Jarol said:

    Malcolm.

    I heard of that from somewhere

  • Pretty much the only cartoon I can remember watching is Spongebob.

  • Goosebumps or larva

  • Phineas and Ferb. I was only allowed to watch PG rated content after I turned 11, and even then it wasn't specifically because of my age.

  • Regular show was the best overall but I also loved spongebob and adventure time

  • An australian show called 'Round the Twist'

    Was hard to find but absolutely fantastic as a kid.

  • The only childhoods shows that I watched was little was the Old Teen Titans Series, Total Drama, and sometimes Spongebob. That was all the childhood shows that I watched over the years when I was little. I was a wild one🀣

  • In no particular order: Samurai Jack, The Powerpuff Girls, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Avatar the Last Airbender, Scooby-Doo (the old Hanna Barbera ones), Ed, Edd n Eddy, Dexter's Laboratory, and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.

    I feel obligated to mention that I didn't have cable TV as a child; if I saw a show we either owned it, rented it, or had gotten it from the library.

    The only time I saw Danny Phantom (edit: or the original Teen Titans cartoon - that show was great) was when I was at my grandparents' because they had cable TV. And most of the time I was too busy playing with toys or spending time with my extended family to watch TV.

  • Count Duckula

    Dinosaurs

    The Demon Headmaster

    Power Rangers (original series)

    Zzzap!

    Are You Afraid Of The Dark

    Knightmare


    Honestly there are a lot more that could be added here i just can't remember right now.

  • Samurai Jack by far, it was such a good show even though i didn't understand it that much when i was little.

  • Not sure how many people know about this one but i watched Slugterra a lot


    Basically, imagine Pokemon, except the PokΓ©mon are essentially bullets with personalities that mega evolved whenever they went a certain speed (before Mega-Evolution was even a thing btw)

    was pretty awesome ngl

  • @DragonMasterDarren said:

    Not sure how many people know about this one but i watched Slugterra a lot

    Basically, imagine Pokemon, except the PokΓ©mon are essentially bullets with personalities that mega evolved whenever they went a certain speed (before Mega-Evolution was even a thing btw)

    was pretty awesome ngl

    I oh I've watched sluggterra just couldn't understand it is all

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Regular show was the best overall but I also loved spongebob and adventure time

    Oh I loved Regular show, I barely watched it because my parents feared it would have a bad influence

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2194213#Comment_2194213

    Oh I loved Regular show, I barely watched it because my parents feared it would have a bad influence

    Damn too bad. It was really good

  • Oh I watched it recently, yeah its pretty good, but it still not my personal favorite.

  • It's a list πŸ˜‚

    Ren and Stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life, Angry Beavers, Are You Afraid of the Dark?, Kablam!, Bump in the Night, All That, Clarissa Explains it All, Xmen, Batman animated series, Dark wing Duck, Gargoyles, Hey Dude, Salute Your Shorts, Pete & Pete, Power Puff Girls, Dexter's Laboratory, Samurai Jack, Johnny Bravo, Punky Brewster, Small Wonder, Blossom, Dinosaurs, Land of the Lost (1991 remake), Doug (Nickelodeon not Disney), Rugrats, Chip & Dale, Tailspin, Duck tales, Aladdin, Guts, Wild and Crazy kids, Legend of the Hidden Temple, Double Dare, and first couple seasons of Power Rangers.

  • @bm33 said:

    It's a list πŸ˜‚

    Ren and Stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life, Angry Beavers, Are You Afraid of the Dark?, Kablam!, Bump in the Night, All That, Clarissa Explains it All, Xmen, Batman animated series, Dark wing Duck, Gargoyles, Hey Dude, Salute Your Shorts, Pete & Pete, Power Puff Girls, Dexter's Laboratory, Samurai Jack, Johnny Bravo, Punky Brewster, Small Wonder, Blossom, Dinosaurs, Land of the Lost (1991 remake), Doug (Nickelodeon not Disney), Rugrats, Chip & Dale, Tailspin, Duck tales, Aladdin, Guts, Wild and Crazy kids, Legend of the Hidden Temple, Double Dare, and first couple seasons of Power Rangers.

    Oh ######### that is one helluva a list, I couldn't name that many shows in a single sitting

  • Regular Show. It's honestly a shame that CN ended all of their quality shows to keep trash as Teen Titans GO up since it generated the most viewership amongst young audiences.

    We were actually hit 4 times back-to-back. We lost Regular Show in 2017, Adventure Time in 2018, and then We Bare Bears and Gumball in 2019. It was truly a sad three years for cartoons and viewers.

  • @DetailedDetriment said:

    Regular Show. It's honestly a shame that CN ended all of their quality shows to keep trash as Teen Titans GO up since it generated the most viewership amongst young audiences.

    We were actually hit 4 times back-to-back. We lost Regular Show in 2017, Adventure Time in 2018, and then We Bare Bears and Gumball in 2019. It was truly a sad three years for cartoons and viewers.

    Yeah CN messed up a lot of there shows so did many others, you know I think this will very well sum up CN nowadays.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wta72pKnlsw

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2195045#Comment_2195045

    Yeah CN messed up a lot of there shows so did many others, you know I think this will very well sum up CN nowadays.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wta72pKnlsw

    I could go on for an hour about how much I despise Teen Titans GO. It was a horrible trade-off for shows that focused on teens, the original demographic that CN targeted.

    There was at least an attempt to keep Steven Universe going with Future, but it was...bad.

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2194906#Comment_2194906

    Oh ######### that is one helluva a list, I couldn't name that many shows in a single sitting

    πŸ˜‚ 90s were a good time for TV as a kid. I watched alot of TV as a kid... I still watch alot as an adult. πŸ˜‚

  • @DetailedDetriment said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2195051#Comment_2195051

    I could go on for an hour about how much I despise Teen Titans GO. It was a horrible trade-off for shows that focused on teens, the original demographic that CN targeted.

    There was at least an attempt to keep Steven Universe going with Future, but it was...bad.

    Teen Titans go marked the beginning of what would lead to the death of good CN shows. I cannot describe to you how balzy it is, I hate it with every fiber of my body, that demon in the shape of a show is what killed my childhood. Hell its a trend I tend to see in not just CN but Disney XD, and Nickelodeon does try to at least. Cartoon shows of today don't have near the same quality as the ones of old. I could go on forever why I hate how newer shows are tarnishing the names of the old ones, but... I would have to say some rather, not so nice things.

    @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2195027#Comment_2195027

    πŸ˜‚ 90s were a good time for TV as a kid. I watched alot of TV as a kid... I still watch alot as an adult. πŸ˜‚

    I watched some of the shows of the ninetys and I'm jealous, you guys had the amazing #########. However I have said that one cartoon was my absolute all time favorite which was Gravity Falls, so I'll never forgive the creator for gutting it so early after two seasons. You guys had it better then we did sadly...

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2195084#Comment_2195084

    Teen Titans go marked the beginning of what would lead to the death of good CN shows. I cannot describe to you how balzy it is, I hate it with every fiber of my body, that demon in the shape of a show is what killed my childhood. Hell its a trend I tend to see in not just CN but Disney XD, and Nickelodeon does try to at least. Cartoon shows of today don't have near the same quality as the ones of old. I could go on forever why I hate how newer shows are tarnishing the names of the old ones, but... I would have to say some rather, not so nice things.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2195097#Comment_2195097

    I watched some of the shows of the ninetys and I'm jealous, you guys had the amazing #########. However I have said that one cartoon was my absolute all time favorite which was Gravity Falls, so I'll never forgive the creator for gutting it so early after two seasons. You guys had it better then we did sadly...

    80/90s were great time for cartoons and kids TV. Like I can't believe I forgot to include Fraggle Rock, Gummi Bears, Aaaaah Real Monsters, Animaniacs, Beetlejuice, Eerie Indiana and Tiny Toons on my ridiculously long list - I even just watched bunch of those the other night. πŸ˜‚

    It does suck that the kids after the 90s had less to watch, or atleast less quality stuff to watch. I can go back and still enjoy watching much of the cartoons as an adult, it's sad to think kids after the 90s won't have that fun nostalgia.

    My husband watched Gravity Falls last year and really enjoyed it. Said it had alot of references to things we liked growing up that kids now would miss. He said he was surprised it was for kids because some stuff seemed more towards adults and I was like that sounds in line with the cartoons from our childhood. πŸ˜‚

  • Phineas & Ferb, Regular Show, and The Amazing World of Gumball are all very near and dear to my heart.

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2195133#Comment_2195133

    80/90s were great time for cartoons and kids TV. Like I can't believe I forgot to include Fraggle Rock, Gummi Bears, Aaaaah Real Monsters, Animaniacs, Beetlejuice, Eerie Indiana and Tiny Toons on my ridiculously long list - I even just watched bunch of those the other night. πŸ˜‚

    It does suck that the kids after the 90s had less to watch, or atleast less quality stuff to watch. I can go back and still enjoy watching much of the cartoons as an adult, it's sad to think kids after the 90s won't have that fun nostalgia.

    My husband watched Gravity Falls last year and really enjoyed it. Said it had alot of references to things we liked growing up that kids now would miss. He said he was surprised it was for kids because some stuff seemed more towards adults and I was like that sounds in line with the cartoons from our childhood. πŸ˜‚

    I personally think there needs to be stuff for adults as well Gravity Falls had hidden adult humor, and some very ######### up moments but that is what made it so likeable. I wish they continued it, I for some reason can't let go the joyous memories of those shows.

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2195197#Comment_2195197

    I personally think there needs to be stuff for adults as well Gravity Falls had hidden adult humor, and some very ######### up moments but that is what made it so likeable. I wish they continued it, I for some reason can't let go the joyous memories of those shows.

    I think kids shows having the subtle adult humor is what made them so good, and why now watching them still enjoy them quite a bit. I'm 35 and still can't let go the memories of my childhood favorites. I did my best to get as many on DVD πŸ˜‚ Although now the different streaming services carry a ton from my childhood so that's pretty amazing.

    I will say the biggest bummer is watching shows you love get a reboot or a movie later that misses out on what made the show so amazing in the 90s.

  • A few of mine:

    The Real Ghostbusters

    Knightmare

    Ulysses 31

    The Raccoons

    Cities of Gold

    Round the Twist

    Trapdoor

    Dangermouse

  • @Dabihwow said:

    Or shows, you can have a list of them. For me, I have a helluva list: Aang the Last Airbender, Danny Phantom, My life as a teenage robot, Phineas and Ferb, Johnny test, Adventure Time, and Star vs the forces of evil. But no kids show has ever made me laugh more or cry as much as Gravity Falls did, I can't think about my childhood without thinking of it, so its really sad that it had to go. What are some of yours

    I was born in the 2000s so my favorite were Sesame Street and Sponge bob

  • @Sup3rCatTree said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/250309/what-was-your-favorite-childhood-tv-show

    I was born in the 2000s so my favorite were Sesame Street and Sponge bob

    I now have the desire to ruin Sesame Street

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2195084#Comment_2195084

    Teen Titans go marked the beginning of what would lead to the death of good CN shows. I cannot describe to you how balzy it is, I hate it with every fiber of my body, that demon in the shape of a show is what killed my childhood. Hell its a trend I tend to see in not just CN but Disney XD, and Nickelodeon does try to at least. Cartoon shows of today don't have near the same quality as the ones of old. I could go on forever why I hate how newer shows are tarnishing the names of the old ones, but... I would have to say some rather, not so nice things.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2195097#Comment_2195097

    I watched some of the shows of the ninetys and I'm jealous, you guys had the amazing #########. However I have said that one cartoon was my absolute all time favorite which was Gravity Falls, so I'll never forgive the creator for gutting it so early after two seasons. You guys had it better then we did sadly...

    Sorry I'm uhm...3 days late. I don't check the forums often. If J. G. Quintel (Gumball, Regular Show, Flapjack) proposes a new show to CN, then we'll be back in the golden land for a while.

  • I don't remember most shows I watched as a child because my parents banned like 10 shows from myself and my siblings from watching because they were "bad influences." Which is funny because one not banned was Avatar the Last Airbender (my favorite show from my childhood) and that show was DARK.

  • It's honestly a better work of art than The Simpsons.

    107374480_3619981878017007_2052316066371693909_n.png


  • @ChurchofPig said:

    I don't remember most shows I watched as a child because my parents banned like 10 shows from myself and my siblings from watching because they were "bad influences." Which is funny because one not banned was Avatar the Last Airbender (my favorite show from my childhood) and that show was DARK.

    lmao you know half the time adults when it comes to kids shows are not the best experts

  • Dexter's laboratory

    Pinky and the brain

    Recess

    Gargoyles

    Pepper-Ann

    Carmen San Diego

    Dogtanian and the three muskhounds (I still sing the start of that one randomly).