Why is ghostface and Myers being neglected?

Every patch and no proposed changes, add on reworks or anything. They aren’t very good please help them balance team.

Comments

  • Ghostface is fine besides his cool down and detection mechanic

    Myers is just plain outdated

  • Myers is fine.

    Ghostface however desperately needs to have his reveal mechanic fixed. Too much getting revealed through walls, or just not at all when out in the open.

  • @Zixology said:

    Myers is fine.

    Ghostface however desperately needs to have his reveal mechanic fixed. Too much getting revealed through walls, or just not at all when out in the open.

    Myers is outdated which is why he needs a buff, but I agree that Ghostface's reveal needs to be fixed.

  • @DoritoHead said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2166795#Comment_2166795

    Myers is outdated which is why he needs a buff, but I agree that Ghostface's reveal needs to be fixed.

    Myers is honestly quite balanced... He's a well designed killer.

    I'd say that Billy was the same and didn't need a change.

  • @Zixology said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2166801#Comment_2166801

    Myers is honestly quite balanced... He's a well designed killer.

    I'd say that Billy was the same and didn't need a change.

    the thing with Myers is that he doesn't have a place. If you want survivors to be one-shots, play Plague. If you want to be able to build up to a very deadly power, play Oni. If you enjoy stealth, play Ghostface.

    I find Myers more fun than all of these killers but from a pure viability standpoint he just doesn't fit anywhere.

  • @Zixology said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2166801#Comment_2166801

    Myers is honestly quite balanced... He's a well designed killer.

    I'd say that Billy was the same and didn't need a change.

    Myers needs too long to get out of T1. He has a really bad early game. His T3 is not threatening enough and theres a limit how long you can stalk someone. Compare that with Oni.

  • @DoritoHead said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2166813#Comment_2166813

    the thing with Myers is that he doesn't have a place. If you want survivors to be one-shots, play Plague. If you want to be able to build up to a very deadly power, play Oni. If you enjoy stealth, play Ghostface.

    I find Myers more fun than all of these killers but from a pure viability standpoint he just doesn't fit anywhere.

    You literally just proved that Myers is fine as is...

    You said he's more fun. Plus, he has the ability to do all the things those other killers can. He's not under or overperforming either. He's in a good spot.

  • @TicTac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2166813#Comment_2166813

    Myers needs too long to get out of T1. He has a really bad early game. His T3 is not threatening enough and theres a limit how long you can stalk someone. Compare that with Oni.

    He takes less than 10 seconds...

    Have... Have you even played Myers?

  • @Callisto_ said:

    Every patch and no proposed changes, add on reworks or anything. They aren’t very good please help them balance team.

    They just changed Freddy and Huntress with minor changes to the twins, while I get that we want killers changed you gotta give them time. They can't go changing everything in one patch, just be a little more patient.

  • @Zixology said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2166832#Comment_2166832

    He takes less than 10 seconds...

    Have... Have you even played Myers?

    Yes probably more than you. I thought it was easy stomping noobs left and right. So after a year i tried a winstreak with no addons. I was maybe at the eight game where i got for the first time good players. They spread out on gens and they made it hard to stalk with the T1-movememt speed. I dont know whether they were on comms or had spinechill, but they knew when i stalked them. When i reached T2 the game was almost over.

    So just bc in 90% of the games noob survivor give you your early stalk for free, makes it not a good mechanic.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Ghostface is fine besides his cool down and detection mechanic

    Myers is just plain outdated

    and GF's addons, he has a lot of questionable ones

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Ghostface is fine besides his cool down and detection mechanic

    Myers is just plain outdated

    @Zixology said:

    Myers is fine.

    Ghostface however desperately needs to have his reveal mechanic fixed. Too much getting revealed through walls, or just not at all when out in the open.

    The duality of man

  • @Yords said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2166548#Comment_2166548

    and GF's addons, he has a lot of questionable ones

    He's also a bit reliant on chewed pen to make his power available enough to get good use.

  • @DoritoHead said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2166795#Comment_2166795

    Myers is outdated which is why he needs a buff, but I agree that Ghostface's reveal needs to be fixed.

    Not every killer requires a straight up buff just because they're "outdated".

    Myers' power is literally a M1-instadown with increased lunge range and vaulting speed that is gained by... Looking at survivors.

    You can not simply buff a power that can be used effectively without any thought process.

    If anything he needs a rework. Then again I think he's absolutely fine.

  • @Zixology said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2166801#Comment_2166801

    Myers is honestly quite balanced... He's a well designed killer.

    I'd say that Billy was the same and didn't need a change.

    Myers is not well balanced, it takes way too long for him to get his power and against a group of good survivors, you will likely get your power when it is too late, or you throw the game trying to get tier 3 ready. It is so easily countered. He is outdated and needs buffs.

  • Once GF gets his reveal mechanic fixed and his cooldown decreased, he might be the single-most balanced killer in the game.

    Myers is unbalanced in a negative way though, he's so damn outdated. He needs buffs, or even a rework. BHVR please save Myers.

  • @TicTac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2166845#Comment_2166845

    Yes probably more than you. I thought it was easy stomping noobs left and right. So after a year i tried a winstreak with no addons. I was maybe at the eight game where i got for the first time good players. They spread out on gens and they made it hard to stalk with the T1-movememt speed. I dont know whether they were on comms or had spinechill, but they knew when i stalked them. When i reached T2 the game was almost over.

    So just bc in 90% of the games noob survivor give you your early stalk for free, makes it not a good mechanic.

    If you think it takes a long time to get out of tier 1, I refuse to believe that you've ever played Myers.

    @Yords said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2166813#Comment_2166813

    Myers is not well balanced, it takes way too long for him to get his power and against a group of good survivors, you will likely get your power when it is too late, or you throw the game trying to get tier 3 ready. It is so easily countered. He is outdated and needs buffs.

    He only takes a long time if you're using high tier addons... Which literally tell you that it will take longer.

  • don't give these devs ideas they add more nerfs than buffs to every killer they touch

  • @glitchboi said:

    Once GF gets his reveal mechanic fixed and his cooldown decreased, he might be the single-most balanced killer in the game.

    Myers is unbalanced in a negative way though, he's so damn outdated. He needs buffs, or even a rework. BHVR please save Myers.

    they said billy was balanced too and then nerfed him

  • if they buff myers they will remove his ######### tombstones

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    if they buff myers they will remove his ######### tombstones

    I think they should rework Tombstone Piece to be fair, but Judith's Tombstone is perfectly fine. Most of his addons are fine.

  • I wonder if they should let Myers stalk multiple survivors at a time, at least in T1. They should also let his T1 be hidden from Spine Chill until he's within almost 16 meters or something like that. Something I find annoying playing him is that I will go to stalk a survivor, but they are out of stalk. That is why a lot of Myers tend to run NOED, since their power will be gone by the end of the game. Maybe they should get rid of that mechanic, but each time he goes back into T2 he stalks slower and slower. Those are just my ideas though, I'm definitely not someone to listen to.

  • @Zixology said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2166871#Comment_2166871

    If you think it takes a long time to get out of tier 1, I refuse to believe that you've ever played Myers.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2167009#Comment_2167009

    He only takes a long time if you're using high tier addons... Which literally tell you that it will take longer.

    I think you are the one who never played against good players. Its normal bc you dont see good players in red rank often and some of them even give you free stalk bc they dont take myers seriously but i played long enough to know what a good survivor can do if hes serious.

  • @TicTac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2166813#Comment_2166813

    Myers needs too long to get out of T1. He has a really bad early game. His T3 is not threatening enough and theres a limit how long you can stalk someone. Compare that with Oni.

    I mean I'm not gonna lie i disagree with his T3 not being threatening enough.

    Have you not seen how quick the geezer is? Michael's a mad man. His chase music gets me everytime! Forget about me playing the game for several years 😳😂

  • To me it feels Myers was left behind in 2016. Very outdated killer. He can still do decently well under certain situations, but he needs an upgrade.

  • I kind aof think some fundamental gameplay changes would need to happen before they can properly address both without making major changes to then and other stealth killers.

    Right now the game doesn't work well for stealth killers overall largely due to being so slow. The game needs to be slower one way or another before stealth killers can be addressed properly.

    I think they will eventually get some love but other things need to happen first

  • I'm actually surprised people say Myers is outdated. His power is build-up similarly to Oni's and if used correctly can be game changing. I would change/buff some of his addons, but that's pretty much it. IMO one of the most balanced killers up to date.

  • @JFF said:

    I'm actually surprised people say Myers is outdated. His power is build-up similarly to Oni's and if used correctly can be game changing. I would change/buff some of his addons, but that's pretty much it. IMO one of the most balanced killers up to date.

    Id his biggest issues are his tier 1 isn't very useful anymore, his addons are kind of all over the place to some (most people feel like some addons are trash and some feel like a few addons are broken), him being limited on stalking each survivor is an unnecessary hindrance and that he can only talk 1 at a time as well.


    He is just a bit too slow overall. I love using Myers but hate that there are times where I can't gain more stalk on a survivor

  • @Zathardos said:

    They just renewed the license for Michael Myers. Not saying that means any changes are coming, but you wouldn't give your hopes up if you think it does.

    Although I'd bet money we will get some new skins one way or another (and likely some touch ups to the current ones)

  • @Zixology said:

    Myers is fine.

    Ghostface however desperately needs to have his reveal mechanic fixed. Too much getting revealed through walls, or just not at all when out in the open.

    Myers doesn't fit the current gameplay of dbd, where its all about time


    Tier 1 and tier 2 upgrades combined take too long for a power that boosts 3 things, but those are not enough for a killer that was shown in the films to be invincible

    Along with this, he has no map mobility at all the whole game and has a mediocre power when fully upgraded, his add-ons also all have balance issues (Namely Tombstone Piece being able to kill 1 person without any sort of punishment), he isn't fine, he is outdated and really needs a rework that makes his tier 3 seem almost like he is an unstoppable force to compensate for his slow early game

  • @Yords said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2166548#Comment_2166548

    and GF's addons, he has a lot of questionable ones

    I'd argue the only bad GF add-ons are the stalk movement speed add-ons. Ghost Face needs to prioritize leaning more than not as well as keeping himself concealed, so it is quite useless compared to The Shape, who can freely stalk with no punishment. Michael has the same add-on effect (Jewelry & Jewelry Box) and pulls it off 100x better than GF can because of his lack of penalties.

  • Maybe they don't want them getting bhvr'd?