Dead by daylight can never be balanced

Here is the biggest reason: Rng

So many things are lucked based that its impossible to balance the game really.

Which killer do you get?

Which map are we playing on?

Are they death zones on the map?

How many palates and windows has the round?

Which perks are the survivors and killers using?

Which addons, items and offerings are they bringing with them?

Is the hex totem good hidden or bad hidden?

Is the player good or not?

I could ask more but I think you get my point.

Comments

  • Sure it can.


    Nerf SWF


    or


    Buff killers/solos


    it's the only way to make this game balanced once and for all.

  • SWF breaks every asymmetrical game. Communication trumps any nerfs or buffs. SWF should get reduced BP & leveling up per player, and the killer should get increased BP & leveling up per player- for his troubles.

  • @KerJuice said:

    SWF breaks every asymmetrical game. Communication trumps any nerfs or buffs. SWF should get reduced BP & leveling up per player, and the killer should get increased BP & leveling up per player- for his troubles.

    Question, are you actually entitled or is this sarcasm? Why should you get a punishment for playing with your friends because you can't handle it?

  • Dead by Daylight can never be "perfectly" balanced. There are far too many variables, not the least of which is Player agency, to have it laid out neatly like a game of Chess. That being said, it can be roughly balanced well enough, and I submit that it will always be an ongoing process. I'm not an apologist for the DEVs but I think, all things considered, they do a competent enough job given what they face. I know for fact that I could not do better, nor could any of you. We all have our opinions and preferences, but we should not flatter ourselves too much in assuming that we actually know or understand the game better than they do. We also have to remember that for us the game is just a luxury item, a diversion. It is their bread and butter; who do you think has a greater vested interest in keeping the game going?

  • @Mineguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2159942#Comment_2159942

    Question, are you actually entitled or is this sarcasm? Why should you get a punishment for playing with your friends because you can't handle it?

    you know in golf when you're clearly better than your opponent you get what is called a "handicap"


    Several other sports events also offer handicaps to make things fair.


    It's not unreasonable to suggest SWF should get some kind of handicap. I mean afterall SWF gets a free fifth perk to compensate (comms)


    it's not that they are being punished for being SWF it's that comms is clearly unfair and punishing to killers and something needs to be done to make comms fair.

  • I wouldn't mind SWF if killers got some sort of incentive

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    Sure it can.

    Nerf SWF

    or

    Buff killers/solos

    it's the only way to make this game balanced once and for all.

    Yeah, no. Even if SWF were to receive a nerf or solos got a buff, this game would NEVER in a infinite amount of time become balanced because it's an assymetrical game. The very nature of DBD and how widely different every perk, killer, item, map and other variables just make it impossible to balance. Assymetrical games are notorious for being impossible to balance for a reason.

  • @FrostySeal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2159940#Comment_2159940

    Yeah, no. Even if SWF were to receive a nerf or solos got a buff, this game would NEVER in a infinite amount of time become balanced because it's an assymetrical game. The very nature of DBD and how widely different every perk, killer, item, map and other variables just make it impossible to balance. Assymetrical games are notorious for being impossible to balance for a reason.

    It would be a start because comms is ######### destroying this damn game.


    No amount of balance can be fixed because of comms.


    OOO broken because of comms.


    knockout? useless because of comms


    aura reading perks (except for OOO)? No need you have comms


    myers and ghostface trying to jump scare you? Welp you got comms to tell you where they are.


    Comms are broken and I'm tired of pretending it's not

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2159967#Comment_2159967

    It would be a start because comms is ######### destroying this damn game.

    No amount of balance can be fixed because of comms.

    OOO broken because of comms.

    knockout? Broken because of comms

    aura reading perks? No need you have comms

    myers and ghostface trying to jump scare you? Welp you got comms to tell you where they are.

    Comms are broken and I'm tired of pretending it's not

    While yes, comms are very strong, they're one of the only thing keeping this game from dying. You take out the ability for people to play with their friends or simply punsih them for having the audacity to try and have fun with each other and you'll have the playerbase drop hard. It is an incredibly hard aspect to balance, and the best thing BHVR could do is buff solo queue, and even then with how long they take to do anything it would take years to buff solo queue to SWF level and every killer to SWF level.

    And yes, even though comms give you a pretty significant advantage, it doesn't give you a free win or immediately nullify aura perks. Perks knockout (Although at a lesser degree) still work, the average SWF player isn't that much better from the average solo queuer.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2159967#Comment_2159967

    It would be a start because comms is ######### destroying this damn game.

    No amount of balance can be fixed because of comms.

    OOO broken because of comms.

    knockout? Broken because of comms

    aura reading perks? No need you have comms

    myers and ghostface trying to jump scare you? Welp you got comms to tell you where they are.

    Comms are broken and I'm tired of pretending it's not

    Since when have you ever pretended that you think Comms aren't broken? I don't recall you ever not taking a ######### on SWF at every opportunity. Unless that was a bad Joker reference which...would be fitting.

  • I don't think survivors should be punished for playing with friends. There is an obvious issue with balancing and I understand that swf can be annoying, but punishing a rather large portion of the community seems unnecessary.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    Sure it can.

    Nerf SWF

    or

    Buff killers/solos

    it's the only way to make this game balanced once and for all.

    Even if you do either the game will never be as balanced as most competitive games, because of what the OP said there is way to much rng in this game for every match to ever be balanced.

  • @KerJuice said:

    SWF breaks every asymmetrical game. Communication trumps any nerfs or buffs. SWF should get reduced BP & leveling up per player, and the killer should get increased BP & leveling up per player- for his troubles.

    But that means that swf would have it even easier. Reduced ranking up means they rank up slower, and thus are pairs vs weaker killer players, and do have an additional advantage. Why do you think that would be a good idea? (assuming that by leveling up you mean ranking up, because leveling up makes no sense here)

  • Removing map rng would be a huge step in the right direction for balance.

  • @KerJuice said:

    SWF breaks every asymmetrical game. Communication trumps any nerfs or buffs. SWF should get reduced BP & leveling up per player, and the killer should get increased BP & leveling up per player- for his troubles.

    So basically you want killers to be rewarded extra BP just for playing? Buddy do you understand how many players are actually SWF? Duos, trios and 4 mans. Your idea is awful.

  • This game should always be tipped in the killers favor. Not a lot but enough to way survivors have to always fight hard to survive but killers still need skill and and to pay attention to win.

  • @Mineguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2159942#Comment_2159942

    Question, are you actually entitled or is this sarcasm? Why should you get a punishment for playing with your friends because you can't handle it?

    He our version is sluzzy semi serious semi sarcasm

  • Rng is rng. Nobody expects it to be perfect. However, balance outside of the rng should be pretty tight. Again, not perfect, that's almost impossible, but very tight. Currently, it's not.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    Sure it can.

    Nerf SWF

    or

    Buff killers/solos

    it's the only way to make this game balanced once and for all.

    I swear...ugh

    SWF isn't OP for the last time as if it was straight up as OP as everyone says it is, then you should be completely unable to beat an SWF, however many killers can cause we are only human


    Assym games are impossible to balance, and if you nerf SWF then you can surely see this playerbase plummet as you should, and I hate repeating this on almost every post


    YOU SHOULD NEVER RESTRICT PLAYING WITH FRIENDS, E V E R

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2159946#Comment_2159946

    you know in golf when you're clearly better than your opponent you get what is called a "handicap"

    Several other sports events also offer handicaps to make things fair.

    It's not unreasonable to suggest SWF should get some kind of handicap. I mean afterall SWF gets a free fifth perk to compensate (comms)

    it's not that they are being punished for being SWF it's that comms is clearly unfair and punishing to killers and something needs to be done to make comms fair.

    It's entirely appropriate for a handicap in competitive games, when one side as a definite advantage over the other.

    Casual DBD matchmaking isn't that competitive game however. 'SWF's are not all made equally, some may be a rainbow of ranks and skills, and are simply friends having fun, going up against sweaty tryhard killers who are expecting the elite commando SWF.

  • idk, with the RNG to maps maybe there could be values set to structures that could tell the game's system that this area is too strong and give it something weaker to balance all parts of the map. It would be hard to make, but hey more balance right?

  • well, it cant be perfectly balanced but there are always ways to make it better, for example:

    add stuff that will help solo queue survivors like basekit kindred

    make it so keys can only open hatch once its been closed (this would break the "whered they go" achievement but they should rework that too)

    maybe try to make killers like piggy or trickster more viable

    fix garbage perks (for example perks like: buckle up or hangmans trick)

  • @MrBuffalo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2159942#Comment_2159942

    So basically you want killers to be rewarded extra BP just for playing? Buddy do you understand how many players are actually SWF? Duos, trios and 4 mans. Your idea is awful.

    Killers have to endure a lot more hardship when they play SWF. The amount of threads on here of killers not enjoying playing against them (like this one) is telling. Why not compensate them for having to play those sweaty matches? As for the “duos, trios, & 4 mans,” that’s why i say make it more BP per SWF person. A killer would get the max at 4 man or 2 & 2, and the least at 2. If its 4 solos, then the current BP. It’s ok not to like my idea, but trying to balance for SWF makes things much worse for solo que players. Besides, all the survivor nerfs in the world can’t combat communication. I’ll even go as far to say leave SWF BP as is, just increase killer’s. What’s it to anyone if the killer get more? It’s not affecting you so don’t worry about it. Enjoy your communication advantage.

  • I just want to know if i'm playing against a SWF or not. That's really all the balance I need. Have a line connecting the survivor friends in the pre-game so as a killer i can adjust accordingly.

  • @MrBuffalo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2159942#Comment_2159942

    So basically you want killers to be rewarded extra BP just for playing? Buddy do you understand how many players are actually SWF? Duos, trios and 4 mans. Your idea is awful.

    so you want survivorsto be rewarded a free 5th perk slot (comms) just because they chose to play with friends?

    But killers get nothing for SWF?


    seems fair

  • @Lucent said:

    I just want to know if i'm playing against a SWF or not. That's really all the balance I need. Have a line connecting the survivor friends in the pre-game so as a killer i can adjust accordingly.

    the main argument survivor mains make is that no one will play against SWF after.


    Well that just goes to show how broken SWF is if no killer wants to go against it

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2159940#Comment_2159940

    I swear...ugh

    SWF isn't OP for the last time as if it was straight up as OP as everyone says it is, then you should be completely unable to beat an SWF, however many killers can cause we are only human

    Assym games are impossible to balance, and if you nerf SWF then you can surely see this playerbase plummet as you should, and I hate repeating this on almost every post

    YOU SHOULD NEVER RESTRICT PLAYING WITH FRIENDS, E V E R

    SWF is OP

    killer bullying.png


  • @Lord_Tony said:

    Sure it can.

    Nerf SWF

    or

    Buff killers/solos

    it's the only way to make this game balanced once and for all.

    Dear lord finally you agree that solos deserve a buff as well as killers.

  • @glitchboi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2159940#Comment_2159940

    Dear lord finally you agree that solos deserve a buff as well as killers.

    It's the only way to finally balance this game, is it not?


    Both killer and solos need a buff to match SWF

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2160541#Comment_2160541

    so you want survivorsto be rewarded a free 5th perk slot (comms) just because they chose to play with friends?

    But killers get nothing for SWF?

    seems fair

    Alright wanna hear your logic? So if I a survivor go against a god nurse I should then by default be given extra rewards cause it isnt fair that I verse something that is difficult to handle. That is your logic. Let's use it again shall we? You're playing an FPS your team is full of randoms while the enemy team is a full 5 man using comms. By your logic your team should be given extra rewards because the enemy team has an advantage with something that is out of the games control. You're logic is so unbelievably entitled you're no better than the survivors.

  • @KerJuice said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2160541#Comment_2160541

    Killers have to endure a lot more hardship when they play SWF. The amount of threads on here of killers not enjoying playing against them (like this one) is telling. Why not compensate them for having to play those sweaty matches? As for the “duos, trios, & 4 mans,” that’s why i say make it more BP per SWF person. A killer would get the max at 4 man or 2 & 2, and the least at 2. If its 4 solos, then the current BP. It’s ok not to like my idea, but trying to balance for SWF makes things much worse for solo que players. Besides, all the survivor nerfs in the world can’t combat communication. I’ll even go as far to say leave SWF BP as is, just increase killer’s. What’s it to anyone if the killer get more? It’s not affecting you so don’t worry about it. Enjoy your communication advantage.

    Okay so lemmie get this straight because something is very hard to deal with the killer should get more BP to compensate? Okay so if I a survivor go against a sweaty nurse should I the survivor get extra BP since a god nurse is near impossible to beat. OR lets try your logic another way round. If I a survivor is running a very fun build...let's say "Flip flop, Tenacity, Unbreakbill and Soul Guard" and I go against a killer using "Nurse's, BBQ, Ruin and Discordance" should I get compensated extra BP as well? Saying "It only affects killers so why do you care" is stupid you're giving killers free BP for....doing nothing? Cause again duo's and trios exist and popular to belief not all SWF are sweaty try hards some of them just wanna hang with their friends. There are plently of people of dislike versing certain killers I see people complaining about Freddy, Spirit, Nurse, should they get extra BP cause they verse something that causes more hardship? Your idea is super entitled.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2159946#Comment_2159946

    you know in golf when you're clearly better than your opponent you get what is called a "handicap"

    Several other sports events also offer handicaps to make things fair.

    It's not unreasonable to suggest SWF should get some kind of handicap. I mean afterall SWF gets a free fifth perk to compensate (comms)

    it's not that they are being punished for being SWF it's that comms is clearly unfair and punishing to killers and something needs to be done to make comms fair.

    This is a video game though. Maybe if there was a competitive mode and a casual mode, then SWF in casual could be handicapped, but this is a game to have fun with friends for some people. I agree with killers getting compensation in BP or rank, but people shouldn't be punished for trying to have fun.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2164142#Comment_2164142

    the main argument survivor mains make is that no one will play against SWF after.

    Well that just goes to show how broken SWF is if no killer wants to go against it

    If I had the choice to not go against Spirit, Freddy (even after this nerf), Deathslinger, Doctor, Hag, I wouldn't. Does that mean they are broken?

  • @MrBuffalo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2164118#Comment_2164118

    Okay so lemmie get this straight because something is very hard to deal with the killer should get more BP to compensate? Okay so if I a survivor go against a sweaty nurse should I the survivor get extra BP since a god nurse is near impossible to beat. OR lets try your logic another way round. If I a survivor is running a very fun build...let's say "Flip flop, Tenacity, Unbreakbill and Soul Guard" and I go against a killer using "Nurse's, BBQ, Ruin and Discordance" should I get compensated extra BP as well? Saying "It only affects killers so why do you care" is stupid you're giving killers free BP for....doing nothing? Cause again duo's and trios exist and popular to belief not all SWF are sweaty try hards some of them just wanna hang with their friends. There are plently of people of dislike versing certain killers I see people complaining about Freddy, Spirit, Nurse, should they get extra BP cause they verse something that causes more hardship? Your idea is super entitled.

    Live communication trumps any meta build you could put together, as well as any Sweaty nurse or Spirit. Apples & oranges. I’m a survivor main, so I’m definitely not entitled. What a killer “eats,” won’t make you “#########” as a survivor, so stop getting jealous if they get extra points. Besides, this is just my suggestion and i already told you- you don’t have to like it. You’ve already made that abundantly clear more than once, so move on.

  • @KerJuice said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2167272#Comment_2167272

    Live communication trumps any meta build you could put together, as well as any Sweaty nurse or Spirit. Apples & oranges. I’m a survivor main, so I’m definitely not entitled. What a killer “eats,” won’t make you “#########” as a survivor, so stop getting jealous if they get extra points. Besides, this is just my suggestion and i already told you- you don’t have to like it. You’ve already made that abundantly clear more than once, so move on.

    I mean you're the one that replied to me after my comment so clear you dont want to move on and second you clearly missed my point about why you're idea is awful.

    Like I said you are giving the killer free BP just cause they are versing something THEY dont like going against so by you're entitled logic If I am going against something I don't like versing I should be entitled to extra BP. This is as simple as it's gonna get cause you REALLY REALLY sound entitled.

  • You responded to my comment, not the other way around. You’re very negative btw- almost angry like because others have a difference of opinion. I noticed you calling others “entitled,” as well. Try to be more positive. Like I said before, move on- this was just an idea and it’s not even going into the game. It’s not that serious.