Ascensions Blights j-flick video

Ascension has released a video arguing for keeping the j-flick on Blight as a feature as it is healthy for the game. I agree it should be left as it is in game and not deleted. Discuss your opinions on his arguments wether you agree or disagree. BHVR please keep the J flick in the game.

Edit: If you are not even going to listen to the arguments, do not post please. Golden rule, do to others as you want others to do to you.

https://youtu.be/7VxUABkDRdA


Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2139925#Comment_2139925

    If the only way to have fun is through an exploit then maybe you should be playing something else

    Be honest did you read my past few comments on this thread. I showed why it being an exploit isn't a bad thing.

    Also, I'm ps4, I can't even do the J flick. Yet blight is still pretty fun.

    People need to stop using the term exploit in such a bad light unless it negatively effects the game. J flick does not hurt the game.

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2139929#Comment_2139929

    Sorry but I really cannot see how blight is anywhere near a spirit in terms of counterplay.

    Do you mean the J flick counterplay? That just comes down to a 50/50, similar to a TL wall or something like that. If you keep track of how many rushes he has it makes it even easier to predict based on the environment around you.

    50/50. Isn't that Spirit's counterplay? A coin flip?

  • No, spirits more like a 90/10, or 75/25 if she's not very good. Or hell it's just a guaranteed down if she has a gamer headset, is good at spirit, and has busted add ons and is in a good situation in terms of lack of pallets.

    TL walls are a 50/50, you either vault the window or don't. Are tl walls spirit level counterplay? Same with J flicks.

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2139935#Comment_2139935

    Be honest did you read my past few comments on this thread. I showed why it being an exploit isn't a bad thing.

    Also, I'm ps4, I can't even do the J flick. Yet blight is still pretty fun.

    People need to stop using the term exploit in such a bad light unless it negatively effects the game. J flick does not hurt the game.

    No, I didn't, because arguing for an exploit specifically condemned by the developers that removes counterplay from an already strong killer just kinda makes me not be bothered to read anything you're gonna say. Sorry for your loss or whatever

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2139945#Comment_2139945

    No, I didn't, because arguing for an exploit specifically condemned by the developers that removes counterplay from an already strong killer just kinda makes me not be bothered to read anything you're gonna say. Sorry for your loss or whatever

    Did you even read any comments at all? Jeezus christ.

    1 - Doesn't remove counterplay, as the J flick has counterplay itself making it predictable in many situation depending on how many rush tokens blight has left. At worst it comes down to a 50/50, which is no different to a TL wall. Watch the video to see many examples of how to actually counter it.

    2 - Exploit doesn't mean it's a bad thing. As I mentioned earlier, tractor tech is an exploit by definition, people just don't see it that way because it's a cool mechanic that both sides can use. Still an exploit by definition, but good for the game.

    3 - I'm not losing anything honestly from J flicks being removed, as I said I'm on PS4 and never once J flicked due to console limitations. I'm just advocating for higher skill more fun killers.

    Plus if that's how you react to hearing the word exploit then I think you should approach discussions about techs etc differently. Having that close minded mentality about something heavily debated isn't good for discussions honestly.

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2139957#Comment_2139957

    Did you even read any comments at all? Jeezus christ.

    1 - Doesn't remove counterplay, as the J flick has counterplay itself making it predictable in many situation depending on how many rush tokens blight has left. At worst it comes down to a 50/50, which is no different to a TL wall. Watch the video to see many examples of how to actually counter it.

    2 - Exploit doesn't mean it's a bad thing. As I mentioned earlier, tractor tech is an exploit by definition, people just don't see it that way because it's a cool mechanic that both sides can use. Still an exploit by definition, but good for the game.

    3 - I'm not losing anything honestly from J flicks being removed, as I said I'm on PS4 and never once J flicked due to console limitations. I'm just advocating for higher skill more fun killers.

    Plus if that's how you react to hearing the word exploit then I think you should approach discussions about techs etc differently. Having that close minded mentality about something heavily debated isn't good for discussions honestly.

    Now I'm wondering if you read my post because I admitted I couldn't be bothered to read your replies, again so sorry for your loss hope you get better soon or something

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2139957#Comment_2139957

    Did you even read any comments at all? Jeezus christ.

    1 - Doesn't remove counterplay, as the J flick has counterplay itself making it predictable in many situation depending on how many rush tokens blight has left. At worst it comes down to a 50/50, which is no different to a TL wall. Watch the video to see many examples of how to actually counter it.

    2 - Exploit doesn't mean it's a bad thing. As I mentioned earlier, tractor tech is an exploit by definition, people just don't see it that way because it's a cool mechanic that both sides can use. Still an exploit by definition, but good for the game.

    3 - I'm not losing anything honestly from J flicks being removed, as I said I'm on PS4 and never once J flicked due to console limitations. I'm just advocating for higher skill more fun killers.

    Plus if that's how you react to hearing the word exploit then I think you should approach discussions about techs etc differently. Having that close minded mentality about something heavily debated isn't good for discussions honestly.

    Exploits aren't a bad thing IF the devs accept it...

  • He says this might be the most important video he's ever made lol.

    Also his "proof" that the Dev said it's doable on console is him saying you need a high-sensitivity device. This immediately excludes Console.

    His comparison to Nurse is also laughable. Nurse breaks the game by design with her power, but she also has a ton of downsides. By design. J-Flick Blights have no downsides inputted by design.

    Every killer is useable on console, they may not be as precise but PC players aren't exploiting anything to make them useable.

    All in all kind of a terrible video with weak arguments where he not only plays himself as the protagonist but also talks down to everyone.

    Again, hilarious.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2139979#Comment_2139979

    Now I'm wondering if you read my post because I admitted I couldn't be bothered to read your replies, again so sorry for your loss hope you get better soon or something

    Yea I know I know, reading is hard you'll get there some day.

    There's many guides online on how to learn English, hopefully then you'll be able to respond to my comments :D

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2139957#Comment_2139957

    Did you even read any comments at all? Jeezus christ.

    1 - Doesn't remove counterplay, as the J flick has counterplay itself making it predictable in many situation depending on how many rush tokens blight has left. At worst it comes down to a 50/50, which is no different to a TL wall. Watch the video to see many examples of how to actually counter it.

    2 - Exploit doesn't mean it's a bad thing. As I mentioned earlier, tractor tech is an exploit by definition, people just don't see it that way because it's a cool mechanic that both sides can use. Still an exploit by definition, but good for the game.

    3 - I'm not losing anything honestly from J flicks being removed, as I said I'm on PS4 and never once J flicked due to console limitations. I'm just advocating for higher skill more fun killers.

    Plus if that's how you react to hearing the word exploit then I think you should approach discussions about techs etc differently. Having that close minded mentality about something heavily debated isn't good for discussions honestly.

    Why are you still argueing for the J-Flick?

    It's a PC only thing.Meaning you can't use it anyway.Also, the devs clearly said that it will be removed.There's no point in trying to discuss that any further.

    Blight will still be a great killer.

    You know what the Dev should do with Blight?

    Fix him for console players.

    That's WAY more important than this whole J-Flick thing

  • The vid is just going so hard on the 'It's not that valuable' angle that it's basically making a very strong case for the removal of J-flicking. Apparently J-flicking makes Blight worse, so why would Blights not want it removed, then?

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2139987#Comment_2139987

    Yea I know I know, reading is hard you'll get there some day.

    There's many guides online on how to learn English, hopefully then you'll be able to respond to my comments :D

    Weird, didn't realise I'd swapped to German halfway through, sorry to say that I passed English in the top 5% of the country though so try again with that jab.

    Reading isn't the issue, moreso the effort to respond to someone who's wrong and refuses to listen to why in the first place in other threads so no need to point it out here.

    Have a great day! :D

  • I mean I don't think you need dev justification to say if an exploit is good or bad. For example the devs could say that stretched res is something they want to keep, yet most people would say that keeping stretched is a bad thing.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2139979#Comment_2139979

    Why are you still argueing for the J-Flick?

    It's a PC only thing.Meaning you can't use it anyway.Also, the devs clearly said that it will be removed.There's no point in trying to discuss that any further.

    Blight will still be a great killer.

    You know what the Dev should do with Blight?

    Fix him for console players.

    That's WAY more important than this whole J-Flick thing

    I mean ngl yea fixing him on console would be great.

    Maybe trades? Remove J flicks for him to get 90 degree on console? I'll be down for that. 100% Down for that.

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2139988#Comment_2139988

    I mean I don't think you need dev justification to say if an exploit is good or bad. For example the devs could say that stretched res is something they want to keep, yet most people would say that keeping stretched is a bad thing.

    I mean I don't think you need dev justification to say if an exploit is good or bad. 

    What do you mean? 😦

    It's THEIR game,of course it's up to them to decide what to keep in the game and what not.

  • Thanks to everyone who has input their opinions and arguments, I really hoped to start a serious discussion and it has kept on rolling.

    @Firellius said:

    The vid is just going so hard on the 'It's not that valuable' angle that it's basically making a very strong case for the removal of J-flicking. Apparently J-flicking makes Blight worse, so why would Blights not want it removed, then?

    As for your argument, let me paint you a picture. You have a tool belt. You got a screwdriver on your left and a hammer on your right. Just because you have a hammer doesn't mean you need to use it everytime, especially not when you got screws on your wooden plank. Sure you can just use the hammer to force it down but it won't work that great and sometimes you break your stuff. That doesn't mean you want to throw your hammer away. You still keep it in the tool belt for the right situation.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2140012#Comment_2140012

    I mean I don't think you need dev justification to say if an exploit is good or bad. 

    What do you mean? 😦

    It's THEIR game,of course it's up to them to decide what to keep in the game and what not.

    You misunderstood me. Devs can remove and keep whatever they want, just them saying something that is clearly unhealthy for the game is fine is just wrong on their part.

    Once again that doesn't mean that they can't remove anything they want/keep anything they want, it's just the thought process behind it.

    Kinda like that erm, questionable statement about OoO.

  • @Firellius said:

    The vid is just going so hard on the 'It's not that valuable' angle that it's basically making a very strong case for the removal of J-flicking. Apparently J-flicking makes Blight worse, so why would Blights not want it removed, then?

    This exactly.

  • @Freddy96 said:

    Proving a point by showcasing videos while using an exploit and one of the most broken addons in the game (alchemist ring: wanna talk about competitive? well alchemist's ring is forbidden on every dbd tournment. Even real competitive blights refuse to use that addon so gj) is a really bold move.

    At this point this video just feels like someone being scared of getting robbed of his toy he was never meant to have.

    Jflick is disgusting, even more blights jflicking on pub games (i would get using jflick on tournments because you know).

    I adapted to jflick but i have 5k hrs on this game, i thought my friend to flick in 20mins and the experience its required to counter jflick is well beyond the ease required to jflick.

    As someone said if blight was a weak killer i wouldn't mind jflick to stay in the game, but since blight is far from being weak jflick has to go.

    it's a custom lobby against 1 person to show the technique while he's talking about it, and he's recovering faster so he can record his sample footage a bit faster. good god, you need to relax. you're arguing for the removal of something unintended based around the fact that the player is using something intended and arguing that the intended thing shouldn't be used? i always thought visitors from space would introduce themselves formally instead of just trolling forums on the internet.

  • @RbLen said:

    Ascension has released a video arguing for keeping the j-flick on Blight as a feature as it is healthy for the game. I agree it should be left as it is in game and not deleted. Discuss your opinions on his arguments wether you agree or disagree. BHVR please keep the J flick in the game.

    Edit: If you are not even going to listen to the arguments, do not post please. Golden rule, do to others as you want others to do to you.

    https://youtu.be/7VxUABkDRdA

    My only real problem with j-flicking is it requires specific hardware to do so. Not everyone has a dpi switch at the ready, and the exploit is just straight up impossible to do on console which is a little unfair for the maybe 2 good blight players not on PC. Plus Blight is already strong enough he shouldn't be able to hit a full 180 around a corner.

    I love blight hes my current main and i've abstained from even attempting j-flicking as I feel in most cases you could have achieved the same effect through more skillful play without the need to crutch on an exploit and yes it IS an exploit, blight wasn't meant to have such a large turning radius and you can only do so by hot switching your DPI to levels the vast majority of players would find unplayable.

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2139929#Comment_2139929

    Sorry but I really cannot see how blight is anywhere near a spirit in terms of counterplay.

    Do you mean the J flick counterplay? That just comes down to a 50/50, similar to a TL wall or something like that. If you keep track of how many rushes he has it makes it even easier to predict based on the environment around you.

    There is absolutely no tell as to whether or not a Blight is going to abuse an exploit. As with Spirit, this means that the counterplay to an exploiting Blight is the same as a phasing Spirit - you have to make a guess based on information you have gathered from previous chases with absolutely no in-chase tells whatsoever, a guess that is heavily in the killers favour for various reasons. Firstly, because the killer does this trial after trial and so has the more experience. Secondly, because the survivor has absolutely no control and if the killer guesses right the survivor gets hit, meaning that anything the killer does trumps anything the survivor does. If the survivor guesses right, it's actually the killer guessing wrong. Thirdly, because this pattern can repeat itself for as many times as necessary before the survivor inevitably loses. Fourth, because there is no tell whatsoever meaning that it is a pure guess. Fifth, beacuse the Blight knows what they are going to do and, because they are using the exploit and not playing properly, they pretty much have eyes on the survivor for most of the chase. Sixth, a Blight can adjust the angle of their Lethal Rush and has a wider hitbox, meaning that a good Blight knows they can hit you without hugging the wall like a curving Billy needs to.

    All of this means that it is not, in fact, a 50/50 guess. It's not a matter of guessing right or wrong, it's a matter of the killer screwing up, because they have all the information they need not to in the form of being able to watch what you are doing and move faster than the engine allows you to react.

    And the best part is that this whole argument is completely moot - the Devs have decided it's an exploit, and so it's getting removed. And as a Blight main who has experience using it and absolutely despised it due to the lack of skill required (you suddenly play everything the same way with little thought and it's very easy to learn even without instruction), all I can say is good riddance.

  • The turning restrictions some killers have on their powers is a balancing variable just like a medkit's healing speed and a chainsaw's charge rate. You shouldn't be able to break that very intentionally implemented limit.

    If people like what J-flick brings to the table, propose a buff to Blight's intended steering instead. That way everyone can use it no matter their platform, hardware and preferred sensitivity, and it can be taken into balancing considerations instead of being something not equally available to everyone.

  • So, I'm gonna break his video down a bit but I find his defense of it to be really lackluster and basically the same as the various threads I've already seen.

    For a start, I'm getting the elephant in the room out of the way:

    "Good survivors will adapt":

    • Ah yes, this is probably the most common argument I saw in the various threads. People saying "It has counter play though" which completely ignores one of the main points which was that survivors shouldn't have to go against a killer and expect them to be exploiting. An exploit having 'counterplay' isn't automatically a point in it's favour at all. Adapting is part of DBD as a game for sure, but I find it highly unreasonable that these Blight players think they can speak on behalf of survivors like this. I don't think anybody actually enjoys going against people they know are exploiting - but I don't speak for everyone on this.

    His points about unintended mechanics/exploits:

    • I knew exactly where he was going to go with this the moment it was brought up because I think it's such a lazy justification of the exploit, bringing up a completely different genre of games and how exploits were made into the core of the game to begin with. We're not talking about something that is as gameplay changing as combo's in street fighter, we're talking about how by clever usage of adjusting settings outside of the game, you can bypass an intentional restriction the developers put in that removes an intended weakness of a character
    • He brings up other exploits/techs and calls them 'charming' and says they add depth to the game when the one's he listed were either silly (moonwalking), frustrating and not fun to face to the point he even called it mindless (Macro hag), Technicalities with Myer's stalking (That's fine), Pig's power being fundementally flawed (Why he brought this up, I have no idea - it doesn't help his case at all), Huntress hitboxes (Are complained about on a consistant basis, has nothing to do with his point). I left one or two out but yeah
    • Undoubtedly his worst point of the video "J-flicking is beneficial for survivors" - No, it isn't. I understand what angle you're trying to approach the subject from but this is simply not true at all.
    • His point about consoles I partially agree with - M&B support should 100% be available to our console friends. It wouldn't help with just Blight, it'd help them with many many killers. Not really a point in favour of the exploit though

    Overall he's styled his video as this Ace Attorney style takedown but he did nothing but reiterate what everyone's already been saying and arguing to death. I will say it's clear he put a lot of effort into the presentation of the video so he has my kudos for that. Very well made presentation wise.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2139833#Comment_2139833

    Survivors despise things that need them to adapt? No.

    Survivors despise people who voluntarily and knowingly abuse an exploit? Yes.

    This isn't even a point you just typed a sentence in italics. 99% sure MOST survivors have never faced a j-flicking blight before and they act like they're the authority on everything. Stretched res has been a thing in dbd for literally years and gives a survivor omnidirectional understanding of where a killer is at all times basically, unless a wall is massive enough to block their FOV (so jungle gyms on like 6 out of the 30 maps or whatever. or closed buildings on 14 out of the 30 maps, that already favor survivor because they usually contain 1-2 god pallets.) This is a trick that only works in shitting on predictable, braindead survivors who E for distance or hold W.

  • @KirkPwns said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2139834#Comment_2139834

    This isn't even a point you just typed a sentence in italics. 99% sure MOST survivors have never faced a j-flicking blight before and they act like they're the authority on everything. Stretched res has been a thing in dbd for literally years and gives a survivor omnidirectional understanding of where a killer is at all times basically, unless a wall is massive enough to block their FOV (so jungle gyms on like 6 out of the 30 maps or whatever. or closed buildings on 14 out of the 30 maps, that already favor survivor because they usually contain 1-2 god pallets.) This is a trick that only works in shitting on predictable, braindead survivors who E for distance or hold W.

    You seem to be under the impression that I don't think stretched res should be removed

  • The devs have already decided that it is an exploit and it will be removed. Why are we discussing this?

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2139833#Comment_2139833

    Survivors despise things that need them to adapt? No.

    Survivors despise people who voluntarily and knowingly abuse an exploit? Yes.

    Then explain all the bitching and moaning about Ruindying, despite the fact that it was a relatively easily counterable thing, minus RNG, and also explain NOED, one of the most hated perks in the entire game by Survivors.

    All they had to do was adapt. Do bones. Or just leave instead of T-bagging the Killer in the exit gate like a dipthong.

    But they cried and bitched and moaned instead, and Undying got bonked by the nerf bat.

    I'm not saying it was undeserved, Ruindying was the equivalent of the "Smol PP build" for Survivors. But take that context into account.

  • @DarKaron said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2139834#Comment_2139834

    Then explain all the bitching and moaning about Ruindying, despite the fact that it was a relatively easily counterable thing, minus RNG, and also explain NOED, one of the most hated perks in the entire game by Survivors.

    All they had to do was adapt. Do bones. Or just leave instead of T-bagging the Killer in the exit gate like a dipthong.

    But they cried and bitched and moaned instead, and Undying got bonked by the nerf bat.

    I'm not saying it was undeserved, Ruindying was the equivalent of the "Smol PP build" for Survivors. But take that context into account.

    Old ruin undying wasn't easily counterable though. How can you say "minus RNG" when RNG is what made it a big problem in the first place.

    Having to potentially cleanse all 5 totems to get rid of 1 perk isn't good design.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2140345#Comment_2140345

    Old ruin undying wasn't easily counterable though. How can you say "minus RNG" when RNG is what made it a big problem in the first place.

    Having to potentially cleanse all 5 totems to get rid of 1 perk isn't good design.

    No, and that's true.

    But at the same time, explain NOED. Very similar problem, much easier to handle, and yet people still complain about it every day of the week, and then some!

    Most Survivors don't want to adapt. They just want to play M1 simulator.

  • @DarKaron said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2140354#Comment_2140354

    No, and that's true.

    But at the same time, explain NOED. Very similar problem, much easier to handle, and yet people still complain about it every day of the week, and then some!

    Most Survivors don't want to adapt. They just want to play M1 simulator.

    I'll explain why I think NOED is different

    NOED activates only at the end of the game, and it's tied to only one totem.

    Ruin and Undying had this problem where survivors could cleanse basically 4 totems and ruin would STILL be up. That's a lot of time wasted for survivors doing nothing

    At least when you know where NOED is and when you cleanse it, it's gone. It didn't respawn.

  • @DarKaron said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2139834#Comment_2139834

    Then explain all the bitching and moaning about Ruindying, despite the fact that it was a relatively easily counterable thing, minus RNG, and also explain NOED, one of the most hated perks in the entire game by Survivors.

    All they had to do was adapt. Do bones. Or just leave instead of T-bagging the Killer in the exit gate like a dipthong.

    But they cried and bitched and moaned instead, and Undying got bonked by the nerf bat.

    I'm not saying it was undeserved, Ruindying was the equivalent of the "Smol PP build" for Survivors. But take that context into account.

    RuinDying was complained about due to it being bullshit against solos. SWF could deal with it easily, solos were the issue.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2140345#Comment_2140345

    RuinDying was complained about due to it being bullshit against solos. SWF could deal with it easily, solos were the issue.

    Isn't that true of most situations, though?

    Alas, if only BHVR would give Survivors as a collective comms, and then buff Killers to match that power...

    Pretty sure about 70% of our problems would fade away on the spot.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2140357#Comment_2140357

    I'll explain why I think NOED is different

    NOED activates only at the end of the game, and it's tied to only one totem.

    Ruin and Undying had this problem where survivors could cleanse basically 4 totems and ruin would STILL be up. That's a lot of time wasted for survivors doing nothing

    At least when you know where NOED is and when you cleanse it, it's gone. It didn't respawn.

    Fair enough, I suppose.

    But many Survivors still complain about it instead of adapting, no?

    They don't want to get better, they want the game handed to them on a silver platter.

  • @DarKaron said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2140389#Comment_2140389

    Isn't that true of most situations, though?

    Alas, if only BHVR would give Survivors as a collective comms, and then buff Killers to match that power...

    Pretty sure about 70% of our problems would fade away on the spot.

    oh, they would, and im still praying for that to happen

  • @DarKaron said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2140363#Comment_2140363

    Fair enough, I suppose.

    But many Survivors still complain about it instead of adapting, no?

    They don't want to get better, they want the game handed to them on a silver platter.

    Oh for sure.

    I don't like NOED but I don't really complain about it. I think it's a crutch but it's just one perk of many. The main reason why i take such a big issue with the whole J-flick exploit thing to begin with is people's mentalities of calling it a 'tech' instead of refusing to call it what it is

    Not to mention the people who act like they can speak for survivor players, saying "oh it has counterplay, it's fine - don't do anything about it"

  • blight already is strong, he doesn’t need an extra exploit. It’s gonna get fixed, time to move on :)

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2140422#Comment_2140422

    Oh for sure.

    I don't like NOED but I don't really complain about it. I think it's a crutch but it's just one perk of many. The main reason why i take such a big issue with the whole J-flick exploit thing to begin with is people's mentalities of calling it a 'tech' instead of refusing to call it what it is

    Not to mention the people who act like they can speak for survivor players, saying "oh it has counterplay, it's fine - don't do anything about it"

    Yeah, that's fair enough.

    I don't think J-Flick is fair, but I haven't really seen it in action to tell for sure.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2140418#Comment_2140418

    oh, they would, and im still praying for that to happen

    Every day, I pray. Please, BHVR, make good development choices...

  • @RbLen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2139707#Comment_2139707

    Regarding the Billy argument, its not comparable since his power is an instant down, Blights power ends at the swing while Billy could keep charging, only removes a healthstate and Billy is no way near A tier anymore. We could argue about that in another topic but this is about Blight.

    If you watched the video you would know Blight is not reliant on it, it is always better to out position with bump logic. Removing the j-flick removes counterplay since no one will go for flicks anymore. You argue j flick removes alot of counter play to an already strong killer. Could you further explain and give an example of this?

    Well for starters, like I said, Blight is a top 5 killer without his J flick, and to me a top 3 killer without it. He has one of the strongest powers that's both usable as mobility or in chase.

    Like most A tier killers, he has atleast one strong counter. For him it's making tight turns, specifically turns at an angle of 180 degrees. If it be around a car or as we see early in the video, those blocks. If the Blight isnt using this exploit, the survivor can loop it. They dont have a ton of loops they can use against a good Blight, but this is one of them. When you can J flick however, you're reducing the amount of loops even more. What is a survivor supposed to do when the killer is doing double the turn they're supposed to be able to do? You shouldnt have to make certain movements due to the killer possibly having an exploit. It's like breakdown, that's an exploit that killers shouldnt have to play against and prepare for just incase survivors are using it.

  • @NoOneKnowsNova said:

    My opinion on it is that it needs to go. If Blight was some B tier/C tier killer who was weak, maybe he was 110, then sure, I'd welcome this change. The problem is, even without it's debatable that he's in the top 3 killers and he's without a doubt in the top 5 killers.

    The J flick removes a lot of counter play to an already strong killer. It's like if Billy could suddenly do a 180 turn mid way through his chainsaw dash. Would that be fine? Or would it be removing a lot of counter play to an already balanced killer who's A tier?

    Its similar to the PH bug with Punishment of the Damned that allowed you to delay the sound of the sword digging into the ground giving the survivors, as far as I'm aware, a whopping 0.2 seconds to react. This was rightfully removed as Ph is already a good killer and this just reduced his counterplay.

    As said in the video the only counterplay that j-flick removes or contests in actuality is survivors looping in predictable beaten paths

  • @Firellius said:

    The vid is just going so hard on the 'It's not that valuable' angle that it's basically making a very strong case for the removal of J-flicking. Apparently J-flicking makes Blight worse, so why would Blights not want it removed, then?

    Have you seen a j-flick, its a ton of fun, even though bump logic is 10x safer, its more fun to feel you outplayed an opponent through prediction rather than outplayed an opponent because you overpowered them

  • I’m on console and I could careless about J Flick. If they take out J Flick they need to Remove/Fix Stretch Res.

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2139707#Comment_2139707

    As said in the video the only counterplay that j-flick removes or contests in actuality is survivors looping in predictable beaten paths

    Something which he shouldnt have if it includes an 90+ degrees turn.

  • @NoOneKnowsNova said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2140521#Comment_2140521

    Something which he shouldnt have if it includes an 90+ degrees turn.

    something which he could just guarantee with bump logic, j-flicks also work as a sort of stop block to keep experienced blights from using nothing but bump logic to get guaranteed hits with even less counterplay than a j-flick because they enjoy taking risks and going for more fun hits, im sure on paper removing j-flicks sounds like a good idea, but in practice bump logic is the stronger of the two and if you get rid of the weaker one, what else do they have to use

  • @CreamedTunaFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2139853#Comment_2139853

    360's exploit the killer's atrocious fov and crap turn rate on consoles.

    Why do you think console survivors spin so much lol.

    360s aren't an exploit lol

    I play on console and 360s are fine (maybe harder to hit if the survivor is laggy and their movement gets really weird because of that).

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2140567#Comment_2140567

    something which he could just guarantee with bump logic, j-flicks also work as a sort of stop block to keep experienced blights from using nothing but bump logic to get guaranteed hits with even less counterplay than a j-flick because they enjoy taking risks and going for more fun hits, im sure on paper removing j-flicks sounds like a good idea, but in practice bump logic is the stronger of the two

    If a Blight wants nothing more than to win then aren't they going to just do that anyway?

    Correct me if I'm misinterperating your point, but it seems like you're saying Blights only use J-Flick just to show off?

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2140589#Comment_2140589

    If a Blight wants nothing more than to win then aren't they going to just do that anyway?

    Correct me if I'm misinterperating your point, but it seems like you're saying Blights only use J-Flick just to show off?

    yea pretty much, its a ton of fun to risk a hit instead of just going for guaranteed ones , however if you remove the fun factor from the killer with devastating normal potential which was stop blocked often in normal games by monkey brain power saying just have fun, nothing is stopping them from just using his power normally

  • @FondaDix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2139841#Comment_2139841

    What did this add to the conversation besides pointless and baseless bragging?

    If you fail to understand it with that long explanation what's the point on answering you? You literally didn't read my post.

  • Incredible this subject still comes up. The devs have said it was not intentional and not to get used to it. Throw in the fact that console cannot even do it, and it is only a matter of time it gets the ax.

  • BHVR has already said that this is an unintended mechanic that they feel shouldn't be in the game and they plan to take it out. Why is this still being discussed over and over again? Why? WHYYYYYYYYYY?????

1 2 3