Why so many babies have found their way into the forums complaining about everything
First of all DS It's really not OP
I'm playing on PS4 both killer and survivor
As a killer (usually pig)
most times get 4k (rank 3) and even if they all have DS it's fairly easy to get em' because it literally works only once, you're complaining about one stun per game if they hit it and up to 4 if you are really slow going to hook and they all have it, which is pretty rare.
As a survivor
It's really not that great of a perk. you get small asf skill checks which (at least on ps4) 65% of the time warps over the whole skill check otherwise it's nice if you hit it... until you realise he's right back on you.
please stop complaining and learn to play the game.
applies to other perks aswell, don't know any op perk because there isn't any
NOED - find the totem or open doors before killer gets to you
SC - It's pretty slow and really not that op it's just good if the killer isn't on you, which he usually is if you're injured or you get saved from a hook and there is a guy already healing you
Pallet Looping - don't whine, just break the pallet or outsmart him
Comments
Well done, basic maths.
But HE used the two survivors healing next to each other at the same time as 16seconds each = to 32 seconds. I just used the same example with the correct numbers as self caring is slower it would actually be 24 seconds each which would actually be 48 seconds.
I'm not sure if you're understanding, this is his example, I'm using HIS example so HE understands what I mean.
Why SC=24 sec?
Right now you use the 12 seconds healing value for SC, but the (upcoming) 16 for the 2 heal each other.
SC = 24(32)
Healing each other = 12x2 (16x2) -> 24(32)
My only question is why there are so many babies who complain about people complaining... No one is forcing you to read the posts or comment on them. Move on.
Its like the majority of this community has a problem with "moving on" in game and in the forums. Face camped? Move on to the next match. DSed a few times? Move on to the next match.
Had a bunch of bad matches in a row - just start playing a differing GD game! (And when you do stop playing DBD, make sure to post a "I'm quitting DBD" post on here, because we all love those too.)
Ok, we start narrowing down the issues.
You can't calculate AND not read.
Not once have I mentioned the number 12 in my comments?
Self care right now, as it stands is 18 seconds, to heal yourself, after the patch it will be 24 seconds to heal yourself, as base speed will be increased from 12 to 16.
SC change will be 24 seconds. Both survivors can heal at the same time. So both take 24 seconds to heal.
Healing individually takes 16 seconds. They can't heal at the same time, so it totals at 32 seconds.
Why are we arguing if we get the same numbers?!
Tsulan, this is what I mean, he thinks self care and healing each other is the same speed so is arguing that self care is more beneficial because you don't have to find someone to help. v_v
But I think when he first mentioned two survivors if they start at the same time, yes they will technically finish healing at the same time, but together it still took them 48 seconds from not being on a generator. I don't know why he used that example so I just went with it.
This is, of course, ignoring other Perks you have equipped and Items & Add-ons you carry.
And then there's this...
People should run the new Botany Knowledge once the update's here, cause those Self Care heal times will be flying by.
Because we do not get the same numbers.
So we go by the old numbers: 12 sec for one health state, right?
With SC being at half speed it will take double the time -> 24 sec, right?
So 2 injured survivor side by side start using SC, both are healed at the same moment and 24 seconds have past.
2 injured survivor side by side heal each other, one is healed after 12 seconds and the 2nd one after another 12 seconds for a combine time of 24 seconds.
(And if you change to the wiki values for the upcoming change you get 16x2 and 32)
What the Duck are we talking about here???
If you calculate with 16 seconds per health state, SC will NOT take 24!!!
You mix up the numbers!
SC is not a separate value, it is double the base time, because it is half the speed.
Right.
That does quite change the healing time comparisons.
The time spend finding someone is unchanged though, while Self Care is always with you.
Wrong.
If you're doing something that lasted 10 seconds, half the speed of that would be 5 seconds so if you do it half a speed slower (50%) it would be 15 seconds.
Therefore, if something takes 16 seconds, half the speed of that is 8 seconds, so doing something that takes 16 seconds at half speed = 16+8, and there you have it, 24 seconds per self care.
How the ######### did a complaint thread turn into basic math?
It doesn't double the heal time, it adds a -50% penalty when you use the perk. The base healing is 12 seconds. The upcoming healing changes will make this into 16 seconds.
So 12 divided by half (6) + base healing stats (12) = Current Self-Care takes 18 seconds.
16 divided by half (8) + base healing stats (16) = Upcoming Self-Care will take 24 seconds.
Gah I always hated math in school even though I could do it, why are you lot torturing me with this? Oh good i was wondering about the numbers since I thought my math was off based upon all the back and forth here.
Won't this be a good thing though since now survivors are spending even less time on gens unless they run BK which is what killers want? If they do run BK that means that's one less slot they have for their other perks even if they still keep the holy trinity.
Btw I edited the text to explain it better.
But still, Self Care doesn't double the time it takes to heal.
Regardless of the numbers, making survivors spend more time doing things that aren't generators is a good thing for killers.
Oh I never said it did, this guy used the example that two survivors self caring next to each other takes the same amount of time it takes for two survivors to heal each other, trying to point out how powerful self care is.
I just went with his example but with the correct, adjusted numbers.
@Wolf74 Your response?
I have not tried it myself… and I go straight by the description of it, but if something works at 50% it will take double the time to do it.
It's not "plus 50%", but "it works at 50%".
IF you are right, the description is WRONG.
So YOU are the one they talk about in textbooks....
I can see why you might think this is how it works, but it isn't. If you are doing something at half speed then you don't take the original value, divide it in half then add that number to the original to get the answer. You DOUBLE the original value.
For example, If I was riding a bicycle at 10 miles per hour and then dropped my speed in half (or 50%) I would be riding my bicycle at 5 miles per hour. Correct? So let's say my goal is to ride 10 miles. If I was going normal speed that would take 1 hour. If I was going 50% normal speed (or 5 mph) then it would take 2 hours to reach my goal. (5+5=10) Are you following so far?
Now substitute all those values for healing effects.
I hate being forced to tunnel because healing my hits takes less time than a chase on not-nurse killers.
Dear Duck, with all proper respect, may I ask what you are doing for a living?
Are you still going to school or do you have a job?
And if so, do you need percentage calculation in that job?
Or did you actually had percentage calculation in school?
It's not OP. Perhaps you're just not a good killer? I mean... you thought posting a pic of you 4k'ing with a 3 blink Nurse was noteworthy. Which of course, it isn't.
As people with brains here have already stated, survivors off gens is a good thing for the killer.
Right, cause you can still just heal yourself infinitely.
I mean sure, raise the time to make it take multiple minutes and hardly anyone would run it.
But since everyone and their mother runs it at 24 seconds, not much will change after the patch.
Okay so I was wrong as pointed out by @Dreamnomad However, if you think a survivor taking 32 seconds to heal themselves is op then you seriously need to sort out your chasing ability.
It has nothing to do with a chase, sometimes you cannot stop people from healing like freshly unhooked people or the guy who unhooked the other guy. You cannot chase 2 survivors unless they're braindead.
And playing killers like freddy often leaves you with basically hitting a guy once, let him drop a pallet or sth and then let him go to keep the others from doing gens unless he doesn't go for some bullshit loop. The point of doing that is you basically terminated a safe spot, there's no point in following the survivor to another when you can stop the others from doing a gen.
Nerfing healing time will make killers tunnel less because hurting multiple people actually becomes alot more viable. Currently it's almost inconsequential. It would be a general buff for ambushkillers which are currently the weakest type of killers.
I seriously question your intelligence if you think a good killer basically will just chase you down with 0 tactics involved. That only works with the nurse, the huntress, billy or against total potato survivors.
Self-Care should NEVER be better than getting healed, ofc realistically you wouldn't have 4 survivors healing each other but 3 survivors healing each other can happen. If those 3 survivors all heal themselves instead of each other then they're faster with selfcare which is absolute BS. 2 injured survivors next to each other might as well just Selfcare right now.
So selfcare in my opinion should be nerfed to heal 75% slower, this would make it only an option if you cannot find another survivor or at least are not willing to risk finding one.
A more accurate take of your example would be this.
You take 1 hour to reach your destination. You then suffer from a -50% penalty due to weather. How long does it take to reach your destination with the weather?
In my example we already have a set goal. 1 hour. (100%) Then it takes longer due to weather (-50%). You have to find the value of the 50% before we continue.
So 50% of 1 hour = 30 minutes. Since it's a negative percentage you add the value instead of subtracting it because it took you more time. You arrive at your destination in 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Doubling the value, would be multiplying it (100% x 2) and despite what the perk Self Care implies it clearly states that you suffer -50% of the normal healing speed and not that it doubles the time it takes to heal.
Basically if the normal healing speed was say in this case 24 seconds (100%) then the developers halved it for the base healing speed for 12 seconds (50%) then it would double the time it'll take to heal with that perk. But in this instance 12 seconds is the normal healing speed (100%).
Ok it's obvious that they could take SC out and you lot would still complain about something else being op next. Then it'll be that medkits are op because then the person can just add extra charges onto a high tier medkit. You'll see more Streetwise perk usage then because hey it adds even more bang for the buck then Streetwise will be op.
It's pointless because you'll just find something new to complain about when the real issue isn't the item but your abilities as a killer and not maximizing them. When people can 4k as rank 1 Freddies going full perkless, or Bubba's can 4k it's not because the survivors are potatoes either.
It's because those people playing those killers know their strengths and weaknesses and can maximize them, it's because they know maps and how to play properly. It's because someone like @marth88gaming can take a full perkless killer everyone says is trash and destroy people.
People with brains
People who fail at basic math and gamedesign
Pick one
Also it's pretty impressive considering I was perkless (don't give me that crap about thana being sleepergood), I don't have sound and I never play nurse as evident by that level 45, she's not hard but having literally 0 muscle memory on her makes her hard, esp when you don't hear ######### and therefore can't track people.
Wow dude. This is going to be harder than I thought. Using this example it would take 2 hours to reach your destination. If you have a 50% movement penalty then in one hour you would be halfway to your destination. I don't think I'm going to be able to convince you though so how about you do this instead. Load DBD. Play as a survivor using self care. Get injured. Then run a stop watch while you recover. Then come back here and report the results. Assuming there are no additional modifiers such as mangled or coulrophobia it should take 24 seconds.
Erm… actually you are describing what survivor player did for the last 2 years.
Ganging up on one thing until it got nerfed and than moving on to the next.
That is what caused the state of the game.
Honestly if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. No biggie either way.
Dude, it was not impressive. It was Nurse. Get a grip.
Oh and... get a headset.
Agreed.
Not sure why you bought up marth though, but I get your point.
Seeing people fail to understand what a 50% speed reduction means regarding time spent performing an activity is amusing to me as a physicist.
Can you please stop making a fool of yourself?