Give Us Back Old Freddy

So, as everyone already knows, Freddy recently got nerfed. I personally doubt the changes will effect him too much, but what I'm mad about is that it shows the devs' ignorance towards his actual problems. The problem with Freddy wasn't that he was strong, it was that he was strong and boring.

Instead of making his power fun and interesting for both sides, they just gave him a nerf and called it a day.

But I digress, this wasn't what I made this thread to talk about.

No, what I'm TRULY mad about is the fact that they haven't given us a way to play as Old Freddy.

I've seen so many people asking to play as him again, and I completely understand why. Though Old Freddy may not have been the strongest out there, he was unique, there was no other killer like him.

Hell, why the devs thought reworking Freddy in the first place was a good idea, I simply do not understand.

image (4).png

All they needed to do is revert this nerf, and I personally believe Freddy would have been in a perfect spot.

Like, is it really that hard to give us an add-on, or a toggle of some kind to let us use Old Freddy's power? I see no reason why the devs haven't already done this, other than out of laziness, or stubbornness.

Hell what makes it even worse, is that they REUSED ASSETS FROM OLD FREDDY'S POWER FOR THIS NERF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwaDgSKImpI

In King's video, at around 5:40 seconds in, you can see him hit a Dwight, and it plays the exact same effect as when Old Freddy would try to hit an awake survivor.

You guys have the assets, why is there no option to play as Old Freddy?

#GiveUsBackOldFreddy

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @OnisAngerCounselor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2109337#Comment_2109337

    People's main complaint is that he was too weak. A rework wasn't the only solution to that.

    Higher-level play complaints were that he was too weak and abusable.

    Lower-level play complaints were that he was miserable to play against.

    And I didn't say that was the only solution. I am saying those were why he was re-worked and why they likely won't change him back.

    @OnisAngerCounselor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2109466#Comment_2109466

    Complaints always outmatch praise.

    You're more likely to give feedback if your feedback is negative.

    Even with that in mind, the complaints were still REALLY high (especially among Killers).

  • Bring back old Freddy but keep the teleport and the old addons + the teleport addons

  • @Dilif69 said:

    Bring back old Freddy but keep the teleport and the old addons + the teleport addons

    Agreed. Old Freddy with Dream Projection. What a sweet combination! 

  • They could change black box from the mini blood warden to giving freddy his old power.

  • @SeannyD115 said:

    They could change black box from the mini blood warden to giving freddy his old power.

    They could, but they would need to adjust him with some of his old addons to make him viable enough in red ranks.

    Just having him baseline without addons would be rough in higher ranks/skill level/Swf.

  • @SeannyD115 said:

    They could change black box from the mini blood warden to giving freddy his old power.

    I would rather them just give us the option to play as old Freddy from the killer select screen. Needing an ultra rare add on to play the version of Freddy I want is too much and if it came to that I would just stick to other killers.

  • @Lambch0p said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2113126#Comment_2113126

    I would rather them just give us the option to play as old Freddy from the killer select screen. Needing an ultra rare add on to play the version of Freddy I want is too much and if it came to that I would just stick to other killers.

    DBD does have its own power menu that would work like the item menu. They should make it so Freddy can switch between his old power and his current one through that menu.

  • @glitchboi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2113921#Comment_2113921

    DBD does have its own power menu that would work like the item menu. They should make it so Freddy can switch between his old power and his current one through that menu.

    That's such a good idea! I'd definitely prefer if Old Freddy was playable with a toggle feature, but even if he was playable with an add-on I'd still be happy. I just want to play him again.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    Gotta admit. Hearing how old freddy was. Sounds just aweful lol. And dumb to his lore to boot. Freddy never PULLED anyone in to dream world. So the passive sleep is much more fitting lore wise. If I had a vote to change freddy in ANY way. It would be that survivors get a QUICK video on the loading screen instead of tips. Of them falling asleep. And the ENTIRE match would be in the dream world. Which is what would really make sense. That would remove the alarm clock mechanic. And to compensate. Maybe they could do like....2 fake gens in map or something for cool down. Not sure how to make that work in any fair way. But it would make sense that you see what freddy wants you to see...Maybe the gen speed could be slightly faster on fake gens. And if you were paying attention enough you would notice it's going to fast. Or something.

    "Freddy never PULLED anyone in to dream world."

    Well Modern Freddy literally hits awake survivors and that somehow makes them fall asleep. Old Freddy was way more accurate to the lore.

  • I'm not particularly surprised that most people who are actually going "give us back old Freddy" are people with high post counts. They're typically responsible for some of the worst takes of these forums.

    I'm sorry, but "Old Freddy was unique" might actually be one of the most poor reasons for bringing back who was considered THE WORST Killer in the game. Sure, he was "unique"... in that he was the worst killer.

    "Bring back old Freddy"? Absolutely not. Everyone was happy for good reason since Freddy was no longer in the special F tier.

    Sorry if this is too harsh, but this is asking to revert a change that was praised by many for what I feel is a very weak reason.


    "No, what I'm TRULY mad about is the fact that they haven't given us a way to play as Old Freddy.

    I've seen so many people asking to play as him again, and I completely understand why. Though Old Freddy may not have been the strongest out there, he was unique, there was no other killer like him.

    Hell, why the devs thought reworking Freddy in the first place was a good idea, I simply do not understand."


    @QwQw I'm not trying to be intentionally mean, but these are some of the worst takes on this board. it's a waste of resources to make this version of Freddy, the Killer who was infamous for getting genrushed and 0 kills when playing as, playable.

    The people who are asking to play as him again have either forgotten what Freddy was and how frustrating he was to play as, or weren't here at the time. "He's unique" is a very, very weak reason.

    And they thought it was a good idea because his entire power and concept was bad + unhealthy for the game. Literally before the rework, "so many people" would either dunk on Freddy or wish for buffs. I'm assuming you weren't here at the time.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2114122#Comment_2114122

    Yes thats stupid. And why if I changed him in anyway. It would be that the entire match would be in dream world. Which would eliminate him hitting you to sleep. Then basically everything about this freddy makes sense. He would indeed be able to telelport to gens and snare you

    Too complicated to code for a single killer, would require working a bunch of the maps beyond adding a simple filter like what we have now.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2114211#Comment_2114211

    Na...It would be easy. Keep the dream filter. And just have everyone start the match in dream world. Or be immediately put to sleep at the start

    The issue with this is that you'd be dealing with dream pallets and snares all match then. Pallets in particular, the counterplay to them currently is a simple game of memory. Dream pallets would have to be nerfed if your idea was to be implemented. Which would make you angry, I'm sure.

    Don't forget the add-ons. Mentioning "Forever Freddy" may ring a bell, those add-ons would CERTAINLY have to be nerfed. Permanent speed debuff add-ons that can't be removed and are activated just by bringing them? The forums would complain for sure.

  • @OopsAllHexes said:

    I'm not particularly surprised that most people who are actually going "give us back old Freddy" are people with high post counts. They're typically responsible for some of the worst takes of these forums.

    "Old Freddy was unique" might actually be one of the most poor reasons for bringing back who was considered THE WORST Killer in the game. Sure, he was "unique"... in that he was the worst killer.

    "Bring back old Freddy"? Absolutely not. Everyone was happy for good reason since Freddy was no longer in the special F tier.

    I think the high post count means some sort of dedication, to be honest.

    Edit: Alright, I just realised I posted this comment without finishing it. If you allow me:

    I think it is safe to say that most of us here are Old Freddy. We spent countless hours trying to master him, to prove that he wasn't the weakest killer in the game. And then, after finally accomplishing that, our killer gets replaced with a much less fun version. This isn't right.

    Old Freddy was decent if you knew how to use his power properly. He was unique when compared to the rest of the roaster, and he was way more fun to play as than the current Freddy, who is getting nerfed by the way.

    We want our old killer back.

  • @glitchboi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2113921#Comment_2113921

    DBD does have its own power menu that would work like the item menu. They should make it so Freddy can switch between his old power and his current one through that menu.

    This would be exceptionally nice.

    This idea really has potential, giving the menu that feature could give the devs the ability to give Killers different variations of powers or different powers all together.

    Besides the obvious place for old Freddy, this could give Killers more fun powers.

    Like for example Trickster with build in bouncing blades that ricochet like 10 Times but he could be weaker in another aspect. Or exploding blades with bigger radius and more shrapnel.

  • @Zucker_Schock said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2113931#Comment_2113931

    This would be exceptionally nice.

    This idea really has potential, giving the menu that feature could give the devs the ability to give Killers different variations of powers or different powers all together.

    Besides the obvious place for old Freddy, this could give Killers more fun powers.

    Like for example Trickster with build in bouncing blades that ricochet like 10 Times but he could be weaker in another aspect. Or exploding blades with bigger radius and more shrapnel.

    Oh man that'd be frickin' awesome.

    I also want to be able to play Pallet Freddy without wasting an add-on slot. Also, maybe powers can have separate add-ons like how items have separate add-ons?

    It could give plenty of variety.

  • @glitchboi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2117389#Comment_2117389

    Oh man that'd be frickin' awesome.

    I also want to be able to play Pallet Freddy without wasting an add-on slot. Also, maybe powers can have separate add-ons like how items have separate add-ons?

    It could give plenty of variety.

    Exactly, something that would be even more elegant, giving the different powers stats and letting the addons effect the stats of all powers.

    For example Multishot stat on Trickster. Throw multiple knifes in one throw, dependent on the value, like multishot 1 : throw one extra blade but decrease throwing speed by 50%.

    This would work with all power variations like bouncing blades, exploding blades, normal blades.

    Normal blades would have the base advantage of being able to throw a lot faster than the other variations.


  • @Zucker_Schock said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2117395#Comment_2117395

    Exactly, something that would be even more elegant, giving the different powers stats and letting the addons effect the stats of all powers.

    For example Multishot stat on Trickster. Throw multiple knifes in one throw, dependent on the value, like multishot 1 : throw one extra blade but decrease throwing speed by 50%.

    This would work with all power variations like bouncing blades, exploding blades, normal blades.

    Normal blades would have the base advantage of being able to throw a lot faster than the other variations.

    Would basically give Trickster a shotgun depending on the value. Like give extra angle variation.

    On Max. it could be like Multishot 10 but it has a enormous cooldown. Throwing 10 Knifes in one throw, very inaccurate but leathal up close.

  • @Zucker_Schock said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2117425#Comment_2117425

    Would basically give Trickster a shotgun depending on the value. Like give extra angle variation.

    On Max. it could be like Multishot 10 but it has a enormous cooldown. Throwing 10 Knifes in one throw, very inaccurate but leathal up close.

    Man, Behavior should really make a toggle system like this.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2109689#Comment_2109689

    Obviously Killer mains complained way more, but Survivor mains (lower ranked ones) still complained about how he was miserable to play against. Miserable to verse for lower ranks, abusable versus higher ranks.

    Meh...

    The ways higher rank survivors thought they were abusing old Freddy’s weaknesses, could again be taken advantage of by Freddy.

    Hence why Overcharge was his strongest, most annoying, most impossible perk for survivors to deal with.

  • I remember almo said this: "Freddy is a very fun and an interactive killer"



    We need old freddy back With buffs tbh

  • @ItzZane_ said:

    I remember almo said this: "Freddy is a very fun and an interactive killer"

    We need old freddy back With buffs tbh

    Yes. Yes we do.

  • @ItzZane_ said:

    I remember almo said this: "Freddy is a very fun and an interactive killer"

    We need old freddy back With buffs tbh

    He was fine when used correctly.

    The reason they changed him is they thought he was too confusing to the majority of survivors (not understanding when Freddy was invisible to them while they’re awake, he can see them perfectly fine. And even when they’re asleep, not understanding that hiding by rocks and things didn’t work because of the blue highlight around them making sleeping survivors very easy to spot).

    They also thought his slow down was too obnoxious. Which might be right because I had ways to make gens take FOREVER.

  • @ItzZane_ said:

    I remember almo said this: "Freddy is a very fun and an interactive killer"

    We need old freddy back With buffs tbh

    I can imagine Almo saying something like that. He generally likes things that aren't mainstream. Maybe he can put in a good word for us Freddy lovers ?

  • @Zucker_Schock said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2117750#Comment_2117750

    I can imagine @Almo saying something like that. He generally likes things that aren't mainstream. Maybe he can put in a good word for us Freddy lovers ?

    We honestly need Kpop stans to cancel almo tbh His changes are really bad

  • @ItzZane_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2118557#Comment_2118557

    We honestly need Kpop stans to cancel almo tbh His changes are really bad

    Wait, did you mean Almo said this to the new Freddy ? I thought you ment he said that towards old Freddy.

  • @Zucker_Schock said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2117750#Comment_2117750

    I can imagine @Almo saying something like that. He generally likes things that aren't mainstream. Maybe he can put in a good word for us Freddy lovers ?

    I'm pretty sure Almo was referring to Modern Freddy, not the old one when he said he said he was "fun".

  • @Zucker_Schock said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2118561#Comment_2118561

    Wait, did you mean Almo said this to the new Freddy ? I thought you ment he said that towards old Freddy.

    He said that to new freddy lmao In one of his streams He said that i dont remember when tho It was back in june? or may? idk but it was in 2020

  • @ItzZane_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2118573#Comment_2118573

    He said that to new freddy lmao In one of his streams He said that i dont remember when tho It was back in june? or may? idk but it was in 2020

    Damn, my bad, i removed the @ xD.

  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2118557#Comment_2118557

    I'm pretty sure Almo was referring to Modern Freddy, not the old one when he said he said he was "fun".

    Than i really dont know what he was thinking when he said that.

  • @QwQw

    Any idea, if there is someone else, who could help us out ?

  • @Zucker_Schock said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2118574#Comment_2118574

    Than i really dont know what he was thinking when he said that.

    I don't think anyone does.

  • @Zucker_Schock said:

    @QwQw

    Any idea, if there is someone else, who could help us out ?

    I'm not sure any of the devs would be willing to answer us.

    We could try talking to Mandy, but I doubt she knows anything about if we'll ever see Old Freddy again.

  • @QwQw said:

    So, as everyone already knows, Freddy recently got nerfed. I personally doubt the changes will effect him too much, but what I'm mad about is that it shows the devs' ignorance towards his actual problems. The problem with Freddy wasn't that he was strong, it was that he was strong and boring.

    Instead of making his power fun and interesting for both sides, they just gave him a nerf and called it a day.

    But I digress, this wasn't what I made this thread to talk about.

    No, what I'm TRULY mad about is the fact that they haven't given us a way to play as Old Freddy.

    I've seen so many people asking to play as him again, and I completely understand why. Though Old Freddy may not have been the strongest out there, he was unique, there was no other killer like him.

    Hell, why the devs thought reworking Freddy in the first place was a good idea, I simply do not understand.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/D4WVECR9D4JR/image-284-29.png

    All they needed to do is revert this nerf, and I personally believe Freddy would have been in a perfect spot.

    Like, is it really that hard to give us an add-on, or a toggle of some kind to let us use Old Freddy's power? I see no reason why the devs haven't already done this, other than out of laziness, or stubbornness.

    Hell what makes it even worse, is that they REUSED ASSETS FROM OLD FREDDY'S POWER FOR THIS NERF.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwaDgSKImpI

    In King's video, at around 5:40 seconds in, you can see him hit a Dwight, and it plays the exact same effect as when Old Freddy would try to hit an awake survivor.

    You guys have the assets, why is there no option to play as Old Freddy?

    #GiveUsBackOldFreddy

    heres how i reworked make where when freddy is close to a survivor instead of all he can pull them in the dreamworld and once their in the dreamworld his power becomes active basically dreampools and if a survior escapes and dosent get woken up their aura is revealed sorta a percussion to object users also i have cool idea what if the ultra rare blackbox addon make everyone exposed if they all been pulled in the dreamworld and red paint show aura of surviors who finish a gen or healing 32meters away but other that get rid of clocks and freddy can do it himself and it gives a bit of stealth at the start since there isnt any clocks telling that you have a minute before dreaming

  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2118594#Comment_2118594

    I'm not sure any of the devs would be willing to answer us.

    We could try talking to Mandy, but I doubt she knows anything about if we'll ever see Old Freddy again.

    Yeah, i guess only someone higher up could get our request in the hands of someone that would be able to start a change.

    Btw. do i need to do something else if i want to remove the notification that using @ on someone does ? Or is it enough to just edit the post ?

  • @Zucker_Schock said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2118600#Comment_2118600

    Yeah, i guess only someone higher up could get our request in the hands of someone that would be able to start a change.

    Btw. do i need to do something else if i want to remove the notification that using @ on someone does ? Or is it enough to just edit the post ?

    I'll be sure to ask about Old Freddy in the next Dev QnA, but there's no telling when that will be. That's the only way I can think of to get this request directly into the hands of the devs.

    Also I'm pretty sure after you @ someone, even if you edit it out later they still get the notification. I could be wrong on that though.

  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2118615#Comment_2118615

    I'll be sure to ask about Old Freddy in the next Dev QnA, but there's no telling when that will be. That's the only way I can think of to get this request directly into the hands of the devs.

    Also I'm pretty sure after you @ someone, even if you edit it out later they still get the notification. I could be wrong on that though.

    Ok thanks, i hope the question goes through. I bet if you ask, if we can expect to see old Freddy make a comeback, it probably wouldnt make it into the Q&A and if it did, they would probably just answear something like : "We arent working on it right now."

    I believe old Freddy is no priority of them right now. I hope that changes though.

  • @Zucker_Schock said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2118626#Comment_2118626

    Ok thanks, i hope the question goes through. I bet if you ask, if we can expect to see old Freddy make a comeback, it probably wouldnt make it into the Q&A and if it did, they would probably just answear something like : "We arent working on it right now."

    I believe old Freddy is no priority of them right now. I hope that changes though.

    Yeah, the devs tend to do a lot of cherry picking when it comes to answering questions for the Q&A.

  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2118637#Comment_2118637

    Yeah, the devs tend to do a lot of cherry picking when it comes to answering questions for the Q&A.

    Maybe i could ask something like "Are there any plans of giving Killers alternative powers ?" of course the answer is no, but it could raise a little awareness towards it.

    I dont feel like there is a good connection community to developers and vise versa. Even though there are all these connection channels like this forum, i dont think they are properly used.

    Like the PTB, we give our Feedback but from PTB to live nothing really changes. And most things, even though often well thought out and realisable get discarded anyway.

  • About the ptb, i understand that they are very slow in making changes even though it could be done very fast, on a things to do aspect. Their chain of command and pipeline seems to be very strange.

  • The real purpose of the PTB gets more and more foggy as we go. It seems like their capacity to do changes is very limited. Even though tweaking numbers could be quickly done.

    I dont understand why they dont do quick changes on the ptb itself. Make a quick update with changed numbers, not much work and we would get closer to the sweet spot on everything that can be tested on PTB.

  • @Dennis_van_eijk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2111754#Comment_2111754

    Hahaha yeah the devs 🤦‍♂️

    Also the black box is just freaking hilarious the way they made it on the ptb 🤣

    Like what are 10s?

    You just loop him around 1 time and you run out 🤣

    And that for an iri 🤦‍♂️🤣

    Just make it so that a survivor has to wake up to be able to escape, then it is worth as an iri.

    In it's current state it's not worth more than a yellow add on

    Yes, this kind of stuff is what i am talking about in my previews posts. And guess what, even though its the PTB for testing purposes they will probably not change much about Black Box. Or Freddy or anything that is on the ptb, sure a small tweak here and there maybe but not more. No real changes.

    Why are they releasing so many useless addons and perks ? All of this garbage is just littering our bloodwebs with useless nonsense, even deleting these addons and perks would be better for us.

    This way its just more grind for nothing. No one in the right mind would pick some of the these things. Sometimes its not even useless but even a hinderence, some addons give you a a real downside for nothing really in return. While other addons are completely busted and basically guarantee you a win if you know what you are doing.

  • Honestly +1

    Old Freddy from long ago was so much more unique and fun to play than what we have now. Bring him back and revert the original nerfs.

  • @Blueberry said:

    Honestly +1

    Old Freddy from long ago was so much more unique and fun to play than what we have now. Bring him back and revert the original nerfs.

    Exactly. That's all Behavior needed to do. Not rework him, just buff him.

  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2121202#Comment_2121202

    Exactly. That's all Behavior needed to do. Not rework him, just buff him.

    Yeah the rework was totally unnecessary. The old version was very much salvageable.

    They're never going to bring old Freddy back though after they put all that time in unfortunately.

  • @ciabay1999 said:

    Honestly, all they needed to do was take away his massive lunge and that's it.

    He has the same lunge as all other killers.

  • @ciabay1999 said:

    Honestly, all they needed to do was take away his massive lunge and that's it.

    Freddy's lunge is the exact same as every other killers.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2122202#Comment_2122202

    Yeah the rework was totally unnecessary. The old version was very much salvageable.

    They're never going to bring old Freddy back though after they put all that time in unfortunately.

    Well I can certainly hope.

    Though I too am doubtful the devs will actually give us a way to play as Old Freddy.

  • @ciabay1999 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2122205#Comment_2122205

    Well, it certainly doesn't feel that way, can literally smack me from the other side of the map it feels sometimes lol

    It's all visual. This is something that gets brought up all the time from newer players.

    He uses a glove where as other killers have a weapon that sticks out further than the glove, so in order for the glove to reach the same distance as the weapon it has to "visually" reach further because it's starting further back than the weapons.

    So it may seem further, but it's the same as all the other killers.

  • @Blueberry said:

    Honestly +1

    Old Freddy from long ago was so much more unique and fun to play than what we have now. Bring him back and revert the original nerfs.

    I think we should accept that old freddy is never coming back and modern freddy will be Billy-level gutted probably for the rest of the games lifespan. The only chance he has of coming back is if they release new killer with that has wallhack/aura reading as their power and low tr/undetectable.

  • @Devil_hit11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2121202#Comment_2121202

    I think we should accept that old freddy is never coming back and modern freddy will be Billy-level gutted probably for the rest of the games lifespan. The only chance he has of coming back is if they release new killer with that has wallhack/aura reading as their power and low tr/undetectable.

    Come on, don't lose hope like that. This thread proves that an option to play as Old Freddy is a highly requested thing.

    Maybe the devs will listen to us.

1 2 3 4