Give Us Back Old Freddy

So, as everyone already knows, Freddy recently got nerfed. I personally doubt the changes will effect him too much, but what I'm mad about is that it shows the devs' ignorance towards his actual problems. The problem with Freddy wasn't that he was strong, it was that he was strong and boring.

Instead of making his power fun and interesting for both sides, they just gave him a nerf and called it a day.

But I digress, this wasn't what I made this thread to talk about.

No, what I'm TRULY mad about is the fact that they haven't given us a way to play as Old Freddy.

I've seen so many people asking to play as him again, and I completely understand why. Though Old Freddy may not have been the strongest out there, he was unique, there was no other killer like him.

Hell, why the devs thought reworking Freddy in the first place was a good idea, I simply do not understand.

image (4).png

All they needed to do is revert this nerf, and I personally believe Freddy would have been in a perfect spot.

Like, is it really that hard to give us an add-on, or a toggle of some kind to let us use Old Freddy's power? I see no reason why the devs haven't already done this, other than out of laziness, or stubbornness.

Hell what makes it even worse, is that they REUSED ASSETS FROM OLD FREDDY'S POWER FOR THIS NERF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwaDgSKImpI

In King's video, at around 5:40 seconds in, you can see him hit a Dwight, and it plays the exact same effect as when Old Freddy would try to hit an awake survivor.

You guys have the assets, why is there no option to play as Old Freddy?

#GiveUsBackOldFreddy

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2123473#Comment_2123473

    Come on, don't lose hope like that. This thread proves that an option to play as Old Freddy is a highly requested thing.

    Maybe the devs will listen to us.

    Fret not my friend, for I have not lost hope!

    #GiveUsBackOldFreddy!

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2123473#Comment_2123473

    Come on, don't lose hope like that. This thread proves that an option to play as Old Freddy is a highly requested thing.

    Maybe the devs will listen to us.

    Still don't see it.

    • It costs money to reprogram old freddy+add-ons
    • It wastes resources because old freddy was reworked with his new tools like generator TP and fake pallets/snare graphics
    • It is not profitable because everyone already bought Freddy for when he was "good".

    The game has 23 killers, but you can accept that billy & freddy are -2 because survivors said that both of these killers were label as "unfun". maybe one day billy will gets his instantsaw back and freddy will return his glory but for now you can just accept that those 2 killers will be dead. Funny enough, I predict freddy will still have 70% killrate but most likely will have like a 1% play rate or something.

  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2123483#Comment_2123483

    Fret not my friend, for I have not lost hope!

    #GiveUsBackOldFreddy!

    Same, my friend. I shall never lose my hope, and we shall get our old killer back.

    #GiveUsBackOldFreddy

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    not getting reverted, now prepare for your killer to be C tier after nerf

    C Tier? Nah, he still is A Tier... He is just in the bottom of said Tier.

    @Devil_hit11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2123483#Comment_2123483

    Still don't see it.

    • It costs money to reprogram old freddy+add-ons
    • It wastes resources because old freddy was reworked with his new tools like generator TP and fake pallets/snare graphics
    • It is not profitable because everyone already bought Freddy for when he was "good".

    The game has 23 killers, but you can accept that billy & freddy are -2 because survivors said that both of these killers were label as "unfun". maybe one day billy will gets his instantsaw back and freddy will return his glory but for now you can just accept that those 2 killers will be dead. Funny enough, I predict freddy will still have 70% killrate but most likely will have like a 1% play rate or something.

    Well, I won't lose hope.

    And the devs still have his assets, as confirmed in the PTB when you hit a survivor with Endurance. It probably wouldn't take that long to revert his power and add-ons. 

  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2109337#Comment_2109337

    But there were also a ton of people who did like Old Freddy. And I'm pretty sure most people nowadays would gladly take playing as and against Old Freddy than Modern Freddy.

    Definitely not. Old Freddy was absolutely annoying. The fact that you can't see him at all unless in the dream state was also very annoying and possibly unfair. Current Freddy is much better for both killer and survivors. And the nerf was justified so that he cannot just spam snares or pallets left and right without any penalty making chase very unfair to survivors in the sense that they will be going down essentially no matter what.

  • @DrVeloxcity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2109392#Comment_2109392

    Definitely not. Old Freddy was absolutely annoying. The fact that you can't see him at all unless in the dream state was also very annoying and possibly unfair. Current Freddy is much better for both killer and survivors. And the nerf was justified so that he cannot just spam snares or pallets left and right without any penalty making chase very unfair to survivors in the sense that they will be going down essentially no matter what.

    Do not forget his downsides. You couldn't see him at all until the Dream Transition, where he had to wait 7 seconds to hit you and you could do things right in front of him, such as unhooking a survivor or finishing a generator. And then you were in the Dream World, to face a killer with no chase-oriented power.

    Oh, and remember how easy it was to wake up? No penalty for repeatedly waking up other survivors, and Self-Care mid chase if you wanted to.

    Look, Old Freddy was my main for a very long time, and I think he was extremely underrated. But unfair? Never.

    As for current Freddy, he is literally a generic killer with a power which doesn't fit him at all. The only justified change is the slowdown while placing Snares, the other nerfs are extremely weird, and do not address his issues. And there is no such thing as "you're going down no matter what" with Freddy. The only killer who truly did this was Old Legion.

  • @DrVeloxcity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2109392#Comment_2109392

    Definitely not. Old Freddy was absolutely annoying. The fact that you can't see him at all unless in the dream state was also very annoying and possibly unfair. Current Freddy is much better for both killer and survivors. And the nerf was justified so that he cannot just spam snares or pallets left and right without any penalty making chase very unfair to survivors in the sense that they will be going down essentially no matter what.

    Never did I think I'd hear some call Old Freddy "unfair".

    Current Freddy is boring as hell. It's fine if some people like him, but it's unfair to all of the Old Freddy mains that we were robbed of our killer.

  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2123563#Comment_2123563

    Never did I think I'd hear some call Old Freddy "unfair".

    Current Freddy is boring as hell. It's fine if some people like him, but it's unfair to all of the Old Freddy mains that we were robbed of our killer.

    I did not say Old Freddy was unfair. I said that not being able to see him unless you're in dream state is unfair. The way they have it done now with current Freddy is much better. We can only see him now when he's within range. Before though, you had no idea where you could hide because you could not see him. That was unfair. Not Old Freddy as a whole.

  • @DrVeloxcity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2123582#Comment_2123582

    I did not say Old Freddy was unfair. I said that not being able to see him unless you're in dream state is unfair. The way they have it done now with current Freddy is much better. We can only see him now when he's within range. Before though, you had no idea where you could hide because you could not see him. That was unfair. Not Old Freddy as a whole.

    But how was that unfair? Sure you didn't know where he was, but he has a seven second long dream transition before he can actually hit you. Meaning you have plenty of time to run to a tile.

  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2123604#Comment_2123604

    But how was that unfair? Sure you didn't know where he was, but he has a seven second long dream transition before he can actually hit you. Meaning you have plenty of time to run to a tile.

    But you could not hide. Hiding is a key part of this game. Current Freddy is a great balance between maintaining the illusion of an actual dream state by not being able to see him from afar or only in little flashes. Then when he's close, it's much better to see him.

    How would it feel if he was invisible all the way up till he hits you? So yeah, regardless of that 7 second transition time (which I totally forgot about tbh), being able to at least have a chance at locating where the killer is is fair.


    Old Freddy was much weaker than New Freddy and although his power was more unique, it was also less involved than current Freddy.

    Current Freddy is similar to old Freddy in a few ways too. Except he can hit you to put you into dream state without having to wait 7 seconds. Those 7 seconds were extremely unfair for old Freddy at times.

  • @DrVeloxcity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2123582#Comment_2123582

    I did not say Old Freddy was unfair. I said that not being able to see him unless you're in dream state is unfair. The way they have it done now with current Freddy is much better. We can only see him now when he's within range. Before though, you had no idea where you could hide because you could not see him. That was unfair. Not Old Freddy as a whole.

    He can't hit survivors unless they're in the dream state.

1 2 3 4 ›