Don’t let the door kick you on the way out Freddy (:

Thanks for finally fixing him devs! (: couldn’t ask for anything more. Hopefully this means a decline in Freddy matches overall.

Comments

  • @Predated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2106216#Comment_2106216

    Which would be true, if the game was designed to be competitive, which it is not. The game is designed to be fun. Fun is chosen over balance.

    I don’t find it fun for survivors to be handed an advantage because they are too lazy to learn.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/242027/don-t-let-the-door-kick-you-on-the-way-out-freddy

    And these are the type of posts that are the problem. Instead of learning to actually play. Folks like you cry they're "too strong" until they get nerfed to the ground and you can have easy mode.

    That's exactly right. as someone who doesn't main killer. It hurts to see them get gutted like Freddy. I have gotten 4Ks with him but not all the time since i'm outplayed and that's fine but now the people complaining just made him into a meme killer now

  • I hope the door does kick him

  • @JimbusCrimbus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2102902#Comment_2102902

    A true genrush happens one out of every 30 games. That's being generous.

    He said gen speeds are fast and your response is basically that survivors don't genrush often, right? If that's truly your opinion then surely you want Nurse to be buffed, no? After all, her winrate is very low and only 1 out of 100 nurse players are really good with her.

  • I'm surprised nobody's upset at how they completely gutted black box for Freddy. They turned a decent addon into an extremely situational blood warden. It literally only works at the end of the game when the gates are open but it only affects SLEEPING survivors and if all those conditions are met it prevent from escaping for......10 whole second. I don't know about you guys but that's utter madness and Black Box is quickly going to turn into the worst addon in the game because christ, nobody ever complained about it before the change.

  • same history diferent killer next

    imagen.png


  • @HypnoEmpire said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2104099#Comment_2104099

    He said gen speeds are fast and your response is basically that survivors don't genrush often, right? If that's truly your opinion then surely you want Nurse to be buffed, no? After all, her winrate is very low and only 1 out of 100 nurse players are really good with her.

    Gen speeds and the win rate of specific killers are two completely different things.

    I actually agree with you that the whole "the stats say X" argument that the devs give is nonsensical and pointless.

    There, you no longer look witty. Even though you never did. Run along now.

  • Horrible attempt to limit power spam, which was not useful in chase anyway, on an occasional teleporting m1 killer.

    Laying down traps on a loop was only effective against Survivors refusing to break away to a new loop (serves them right for bad play). Just running forward countered any trap placement anyways, now you'll just get even more distance if freddy is dumb enough to waste the effort.

  • I've 4k'd with the "new" Freddy 4 games in a row on the PTB. He's far from unusable and his new add-on that increases groans plus Stridor is so obnoxious XD I love it lol. I use that with the other jump rope that makes foot steps louder and its amazing.

  • @Kebek said:

    I doubt it, he'll still be pretty strong and very easy to play. I wouldn't celebrate just yet if I were you, especially if you had trouble facing him before, you'll still struggle a lot.

    I don't think so. I'm not apart of the it got nerfed it sucks now crowd but I think it hit him hard enough to make him much more bearable to play against. No more slow add ons itself made me happy enough. I really wanted being able to wake up from any clock but didn't get that.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2102517#Comment_2102517

    Im ok with some. But removing his slow downs was stupid. Giving immunity was stupid. And changing black box was stupid. Who in the world is going to run an iri add on that blocks the exit for a whole 10 seconds ? And the fact that they CAN have immunity is rediculous. As it will punish the killer for getting his hit if they're not drug in to dream world

    If you believe his slow down add-ons were fine for the game, I have a time share to sell you.

  • These type of posts are the peak of degeneracy on these forums.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2107550#Comment_2107550

    With as fast as gens fly. They were absolutely fine. And neccesary really.

    I swear if I see another person bitching and whining about gen speeds...

    I will ask them politely to please move to the DBD Steam forums.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2107676#Comment_2107676

    Ok.......? But where is the lie......? We all know gen speeds are bullshit. You can literally be down to 2-3 gens within a matter of 3 SHORT chases and hooks.

    What killers are you playing?

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2107684#Comment_2107684

    A little bit of everyone. Wraith, nurse, freddy, demo, blight, etc. I can tell you only 3 characters are truly oppressive and can deal with the gen rush. And it's blight, nurse, spirit

    What perks are you using?

  • Imagine thinking Freddy was OP lol.

    I can understand people complaining about Nurse and I guess spirit but Freddy is only "annoying" because he forces you to play the game and not just gen rush and leave.

  • Wraith, Freddy, and Demo.

  • What I don't get is why BHVR is so committed to making Freddy not work. It used to be he didn't do anything and had to wait 10 seconds to use his basic M1. Now that he has actual powers, that already aren't even always available, they've also thrown a +30 second total immunity from his powers to survivors.

    Just let Freddy function like a normal killer! You don't see other killers having to deal with this kind of stuff, like survivors dousing themselves and anti-chainsaw lube.

  • I've heard of doors hitting people on the way out, I wasn't aware they were now kicking people instead!


    Wood, ah, uh, finds a way.

  • They might’ve taken it too far. Reduced movement speed and tokens? One or the other.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2107042#Comment_2107042

    "Really good freddys will be fine". Because they're good killers in general. Some of the changes are still BS. And 95 % of his add ons are now stupid and useless.

    Very much disagree with the new addons being useless. Sound is everything in DBD. 50% louder footsteps and a counter to Iron Will that doesn't involve using Stridor? These are good Add Ons.

    Even though he can teleport to Generators also being able to hear them from 8m further away saves time on patrolling.

    Black Box may be useless but give me all of those sound increasing Add Ons. Imma eat them up.

    The change to traps doesn't matter one bit to people who know how to use his traps.

    Super Slow Down Freddy's that needed all that extra time to win, and needed to be able to move at 115% speed while placing traps in loops are in trouble. But people who didn't need any of that to be good with Freddy are just shrugging their shoulders like "Okay, thanks for the louder survivors."

  • @burntFuse said:

    What I don't get is why BHVR is so committed to making Freddy not work. It used to be he didn't do anything and had to wait 10 seconds to use his basic M1. Now that he has actual powers, that already aren't even always available, they've also thrown a +30 second total immunity from his powers to survivors.

    Just let Freddy function like a normal killer! You don't see other killers having to deal with this kind of stuff, like survivors dousing themselves and anti-chainsaw lube.

    Actually, it was 7 seconds of Dream Transition, which could be reduced with add-ons. And total invisibility to awake survivors. And 50% reduced action speed in the Dream World, which could reach 90% with add-ons and perks (including old Dying Light). Old Freddy was not the best among killers, but he had his advantages. 

    And his new nerf hurts him. It is not enough to make him garbage, but it does hurt.

  • @Mileena_Kahn said:

    Thanks for finally fixing him devs! (: couldn’t ask for anything more. Hopefully this means a decline in Freddy matches overall.

    "Thanks for ruining his basekit completely, so i can win."

  • I’m still gonna play Freddy because I love the Elm Street movies

  • New new Freddy is still strong, play the PTB to see.

    The only difference is that he now requires people to think instead of just spamming snares.

  • @Mileena_Kahn said:

    Thanks for finally fixing him devs! (: couldn’t ask for anything more. Hopefully this means a decline in Freddy matches overall.

    I am never stopping playing as him 😁 he’s my main and always will be.

  • @Mr_K said:

    I guess all Freddy OP threads will disappear now.

    🤣🤣🤣

    Yeah we know they won't.

    Give it a week and people will still be crying and complaining.

  • @Daniel101773 said:

    As somebody who really like Freddy Krueger as a character, I’m cool with this. In fact I welcome these balance changes of it means I can stop getting flamed EVERY. SINGLE. GAME. By salty survivors just because I want to play as my favorite horror movie icon.

    100%

  • They moved him from S tier to maybe S- Tier.


    People are still going to play him, the nerfs do not solve what make him powerful, they just make him slightly less so.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2108584#Comment_2108584

    It won't effect me much. My BIGGEST issue is there can potentially be times I can hit them and not pull them in to the dream world. It's punishing me for getting a hit. As far as the add ons...Sound is meh. It's a big part of killer. But even decent headphones make these add ons pointless

    Running to an Alarm Clock for for that immunity might not be worth it or possible in a lot of cases. Alarm Clocks aren't exactly conveniently located at least.

  • @Mileena_Kahn said:

    Thanks for finally fixing him devs! (: couldn’t ask for anything more. Hopefully this means a decline in Freddy matches overall.

    Yeah dream pallets were way too op. They deserved a nerf

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2107759#Comment_2107759

    Ok. So this could turn in to a TLDR. And who knows. Maybe in your opinion you'll go "this guy sucks". But while I'm no OTZ, tofu, tru3 with 5k + hours. I'm competent and hold my own even vs SWFS and 4k MOST of my games. While I can typically deal with gen rushing. I acknowledge that the rate gen speeds go IS a problem. With that said here we go.

    Freddy - My FAVORITE build and thing to do is this. BBQ, survillence, ruin, and the 4th rotates between tinkerer, sloppy butcher, thanat with telelport regen add ons (no I never go full slowdown forever freddy) My matchs start like this. Find my first survivor. IF they're alone I get my hit and don't take the chase. Because that means multiple survivors are usually on another gen. So I go and find them. This is where I get my ruin value. If I can stop that first gen from popping fast and get 3-4 hooks before it's gone and get the equivalent of a full gen regressing or even 2..I'll usually always win. After that start I just go from there and take what the game gives me and try to snowball.

    Freddy Build 2 is just basic ######### and self explanatory - corrupt intervention, tinkerer, pop, 4th varies between bbq, sloppy, thanat 

    Wraith 1 - Basically the same strategy as freddy. Except I LOVE his iri add on for gens..So I'll use Sloppy, thanat, bbq,ruin. He doesn't benefit from survillence like freddy and his iri is a better version of survillence.

    Wraith 2 - basically freddy 2 except tinkerer isn't needed. So usually sloppy, or thanat

    Wraith 3 - haunted grounds, devore, undying, ruin. Occasionally hilarious to use

    Demodoggy - I really only run Tinkerer, Corrupt, Pop, STBFL

    But sometimes I'll play gen protector and run him slightly like freddy and use survillence, ruin, bbq, STBFL. place my portals near gens and go from there.

    Thanks for reading ! Glad to discuss strategies, and taking you in the mind of a sweaty rank 1. Who is pretty good at killing

    Judging by this you shouldn't really have to complain about gen speeds. Seems like you're doing fine because your builds are good.

  • survivor queues went from 10 minutes to 20 minutes long.


    GG you get what you deserve, SWF

  • @JimbusCrimbus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2104682#Comment_2104682

    If you honestly think you are TRULY being genrushed that often, the issue is you. Not everyone else, and not the game.

    ah yes it's the killers fault the gen farthest from where the killer spawns got finished in 20 seconds after the match starts.


    It takes like 40 ######### seconds just to walk to that generator

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2109087#Comment_2109087

    Lol stop. Freddy was NEVER s-tier. He's a pub stomper, fine. But GOOD survivors never have issues vs him. S-tier is reserved for characters that you can't do anything about. Characters that are oppressive. Can hit you and be right back on you in 5 seconds before you can even get to a tile. Spirit, Nurse, Blight

    I don't know what's more worrying. That you don't think Freddy is S tier, or that 2 people agreed with you. Freddy is S tier, even with the nerfs. He shortens loops and has map wide presence.

    With the nerfs, if he wasn't already he's at the bottom of S Tier, S -. The nerfs don't change anything about him that was strong.

    Also why you putting Blight in S Tier? Unless Blight is JFlicking, which is an exploit and will be if it hasn't already been removed, then there's plenty you can do against him. You said yourself that S Tier is reserved for characters that you can't do anything about, yet Freddy fits that bill nicely and Blight you can counter his power just by looping a rock.

  • this freddy nerf will be one of many upcoming nerfs on him. i can't wait until he is unusable like flopster.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2110918#Comment_2110918

    I don't know what's more worrying. The fact that you truly believe freddy is S tier. That blight needs j flicking to be S-tier(he doesn't). Or that you clearly have some things to learn about being a survivor. There's a reason why tofu (who has a ton of experience) put freddy at high B tier. Because that's about where he belongs. He's WAY over rated against GOOD survivors...As far as saying you can counter blight just by looping a rock...Ooof. You're missing the point of blight. A GOOD blight isn't trying to use their power to hit you around a rock. They're using it to catch up quickly and finish chasing you down. You tell me what sounds more oppressive...

    Freddy - Has ok map mobility from a slow returning teleport power. Has to get a hit and take forever to catch up from the speed burst and catch you at a loop. Which a good survivor can make difficult and take even longer

    Blight - Has even better map mobility from a faster returning power. Can hit you and be right back on you in seconds. Sometimes in position to down you with his rush. Or just be right back at you to basic M1 you

    Why is your source of Freddy being B tier literally only one person lmao

    Basically everybody else without even thinking about it puts them in S tier.

    have you thought maybe Tofu is the outlier and not the standard?

  • @Astrian said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2112177#Comment_2112177

    Why is your source of Freddy being B tier literally only one person lmao

    Basically everybody else without even thinking about it puts them in S tier.

    have you thought maybe Tofu is the outlier and not the standard?

    Dude Freddy is definitely not S-tier.

    He's a jack of all trades, but a master of none.

    And I don't know who you're talking about, but pretty much every tier-list I've seen has put Freddy in A to B tier.

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2106636#Comment_2106636

    I don’t find it fun for survivors to be handed an advantage because they are too lazy to learn.

    You mean like people playing spirit and freddy who are too lazy to learn killers that actually require some skill to reach red ranks? Let alone that Killers learn very early on that killing 1 survivor through facecamping will pretty much guarantee them the win, they dont need to learn ######### untill they start facing survivors who are good enough to punish a facecamping killer properly. Let alone that having solo survivors makes it even possible for killers to never truly get punished for facecamping the first survivor untill they reach red rank.


    Killers being handed an advantage due to a lack of communications between solo survivors. Or is that suddenly not "too lazy to learn"?

  • @Predated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2107144#Comment_2107144

    You mean like people playing spirit and freddy who are too lazy to learn killers that actually require some skill to reach red ranks? Let alone that Killers learn very early on that killing 1 survivor through facecamping will pretty much guarantee them the win, they dont need to learn ######### untill they start facing survivors who are good enough to punish a facecamping killer properly. Let alone that having solo survivors makes it even possible for killers to never truly get punished for facecamping the first survivor untill they reach red rank.

    Killers being handed an advantage due to a lack of communications between solo survivors. Or is that suddenly not "too lazy to learn"?

    Everything in this post is wrong. It’s not “lazy” to learn spirit and nurse. They have a significantly higher skill cap than most killers. Nurse especially is about 10 times harder than survivor gameplay. Furthermore, most killers in the game have an extremely low skill ceiling. There is only so much an m1 killer like Pig or myers can do at loops because the survivors are in control of the mindgame most of the time. M1 killer gameplay is fundamentally broken and not worth attempting against good survivors.

  • @oliviaa said:

    this freddy nerf will be one of many upcoming nerfs on him. i can't wait until he is unusable like flopster.

    Cant wait to see you getting rekt by overnerfed freddy and still crying like a little baby :(

  • may someone tag me with a source for freddy changes, please? i see people talking about it, but i can't find information on it anywhere.. (maybe because i've been out of the community for a hot minute :'0)

  • @oliviaa said:

    this freddy nerf will be one of many upcoming nerfs on him. i can't wait until he is unusable like flopster.

    Even old Freddy is better than depipster lmao. I don’t think the nerfs are gonna be that bad. Demo almost got rat tail and rat liver nerfed but they reverted it after people said that was a bad idea. I don’t think Freddy is becoming f tier anytime soon.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2123558#Comment_2123558

    He's already sorta f tier against competent survivors. If we're being honest. Good survivors can deal with freddy just fine

    Bruh I can name many killers worse than Freddy lmao. Freddy is definitely B tier because he can destroy bad survivors but can be crushed by red ranks.

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2113662#Comment_2113662

    Everything in this post is wrong. It’s not “lazy” to learn spirit and nurse. They have a significantly higher skill cap than most killers. Nurse especially is about 10 times harder than survivor gameplay. Furthermore, most killers in the game have an extremely low skill ceiling. There is only so much an m1 killer like Pig or myers can do at loops because the survivors are in control of the mindgame most of the time. M1 killer gameplay is fundamentally broken and not worth attempting against good survivors.

    Nurse has a higher skill cap, but she's not harder than survivor gameplay as her power literally ignores mindgaming, pallets, windows, any obstacles in general. 50 hours in Nurse and I can win 95% of my games as Nurse. It takes easily over 100 hours to start winning 95% of your survivor games consistently.

    And yes, while Myers and Pig can only do so much at loops, it's the way you apply it that actually increases their skill ceiling higher than you'd expect. When I play Myers, I actually actively use the killer shack window as you vault faster than survivors expect you to do. Causing you to close the gap where other killers cannot. Piggy has a lot of places she can bounce or moondash that survivors never expect. Nurse, however, is just learning where your blink ends up and then just brute forcing. That's not exactly hard, it's time consuming, but not hard.

    Survivors, however, need to learn to gain value out of every single thing they have, against every single killer there is. Survivors have the most complex playstyle as they have to face the most complex opposition. Where killers will always face survivors that have access to the same mechanics. Your skillsets from 1 killer will mostly carry over to another killer, where the skillsets you gained against 1 killer rarely carries over to another.

    So to fix your sentence: "Nurse especially is about 10 times harder to counter as a survivor than Survivors are as killer in general."

    Nurse takes skill to truly master, sure, but so does survivor.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2123589#Comment_2123589

    You ummm...Just made my point...? I said he's pretty bad and F tier vs actual GOOD and COMPETENT players...? And you literally just said he can be crushed by red ranks 🤣🤣🤣

    But he’s very good against low ranks. There are killers that can be crushed by low ranks like Trapper, Wraith, Clown and Trickster. Freddy is very good against most people. If Freddy has the highest kill rate according to BHVR’s analytics then clearly he isn’t f-tier. You can’t tell me Freddy is on the same level as Trickster lmao.

1 2 ›