Darn Right I’m Tunneling!

Just had a match against at least a two man SWF team with one of them being a Twitch streamer. They kept unhooking before I even left the area. After that I tunneled the person off hook to death and managed to kill another with NOED. Instantly got messages about how I’m a tunneling c*nt and I’m trash for using NOED. If you are going to unhook in front of my face and then vanish. Darn right I’m tunneling. I’m tired of not even leaving the area and immediately my prey gets unhooked.

Comments

  • Honestly console is bad too. But a lot of them are teens or kids whose parents don’t watch them

  • @Skaty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2089105#Comment_2089105

    I wouldn’t mind but it’s

    gg ez

    get good

    they should be turned into inspirational quotes

    Yeah, survivors would message me "gg ez" and I'd respond with "I'm sorry I didn't provide enough of a challenge for you. I'm still learning." or some such thing. Some would actually apologize for their rude messages when I remained calm and polite.

    It took me over a year but I did finally turn messages and friend requests off on PS4. It just got old, and the silence is freeing.

  • is the light visible at the end of the tunnel?
    


  • Honestly, I'd do the same. Cockiness always gets survivors killed, and sometimes killers must play dirty to win.

    Noed is also counterable, and a perk that exists in this game, so you have the right to use it. Technically, voice comms destroy the rules of the game since dbd is based around not giving information to your teammates, or giving restricted info (for example, the dbd emotes are point and come here, that's the only way to give info without perks)

    Lastly, if they messaged you then it does show how stupid they really are.

  • @Dragonshensi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2089077#Comment_2089077

    Usually though the person who unhooks immediately vanished and leaves the person to get tunneled. Am I going to search everywhere else to find the vanished fully healed teammate? Or go for the injured survivor? Btw, the person unhooking was a fully immersed Claudette.

    You should absolutely down the person injured and punish the Claudette by denying her points to pip for unhooking. People want to call that camping but what it actually is , is sandbagging. If you don’t have bt, or ds or won’t take a hit... that’s a bad teammate.


    ive had to do an unsafe unhook plenty of times but I always take hits/aggro

  • I thought this was just generic complaint thread #1118635 about how survivors bad but nevermind, this one I can actually sympathize with. Apologies.

    I ######### hate when survivors unhook in front of me and then immerse away straight away. If you're going to do that, you're taking the blame for not protecting your teammate, I'm not taking the blame. I'm not going to waste 2 minutes just to look for you while 3 gens pop, I'm gonna slug the unhooked survivor because there's nothing else I can do.

  • I support you. If survivors dare to unhook in my face, damn right i'm tunnelling.

  • @Dragonshensi said:

    Just had a match against at least a two man SWF team with one of them being a Twitch streamer. They kept unhooking before I even left the area. After that I tunneled the person off hook to death and managed to kill another with NOED. Instantly got messages about how I’m a tunneling c*nt and I’m trash for using NOED. If you are going to unhook in front of my face and then vanish. Darn right I’m tunneling. I’m tired of not even leaving the area and immediately my prey gets unhooked.

    I had a freddy who had NOED ruin + undying and an ebony who cried in chat after me and my teammates escaped btw we were all solo queuing I was a yunjin with only level 1 fast track lmao

  • What a boring post typical of this forum

  • @skylerbound said:

    If someone unhooks or tries to heal the person under the hook, I punish them by downing the person. They don’t get any points for the safe unhook and they just sandbagged their teammate.

    that’s 10000% on them and their teamwork.

    You should be ashamed of yourself. Why punish the guy who got unhooked? Do you expect them to run away when someone tries to heal them or what

  • If they ask for the tunnel then fair enough 👍

    Not gonna lie if I have someone on death hook and I'm doing my trickster adept then believe me I'm getting that person out of the game 😂 one less survivor is probably the only way I can get the Iridescent Gatekeeper Emblem.

  • @aroell said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2089077#Comment_2089077

    You should be ashamed of yourself. Why punish the guy who got unhooked? Do you expect them to run away when someone tries to heal them or what

    If you can help it, you need to run away and hopefully the other teammate is smart enough to follow. Go to a different area to heal, especially if the killer hasn’t been gone long enough where he won’t just simply come back after the unhook. It’s not a smart move to immediately heal up unless the killer is far away.

  • @jester20k said:

    What a boring post typical of this forum

    And yet it made you comment anyway. So mission accomplished.

  • @CLAUDETTEINABUSH said:

    Honestly, I'd do the same. Cockiness always gets survivors killed, and sometimes killers must play dirty to win.

    Noed is also counterable, and a perk that exists in this game, so you have the right to use it. Technically, voice comms destroy the rules of the game since dbd is based around not giving information to your teammates, or giving restricted info (for example, the dbd emotes are point and come here, that's the only way to give info without perks)

    Lastly, if they messaged you then it does show how stupid they really are.

    I’m guessing it’s the same as if Killers get salty about not getting a 4K they rage. If not everyone escapes survivors rage. Honestly if I get two killed I’m happy. I’m not greedy when it comes to always expecting 4k.

  • @glitchboi said:

    I thought this was just generic complaint thread #1118635 about how survivors bad but nevermind, this one I can actually sympathize with. Apologies.

    I ######### hate when survivors unhook in front of me and then immerse away straight away. If you're going to do that, you're taking the blame for not protecting your teammate, I'm not taking the blame. I'm not going to waste 2 minutes just to look for you while 3 gens pop, I'm gonna slug the unhooked survivor because there's nothing else I can do.

    Especially if the survivor team keeps pulling that stunt of not waiting till the Killer is gone to unhook. What that is telling the Killer is to not leave the hooked survivor alone or start tunneling cause your team refuses to let the person stay on hook long enough for the Killer to leave and chase someone else.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/240929/darn-right-i-m-tunneling

    I find it simpler to be direct. I will Herd, Camp, Tunnel, Slug, and Mori whenever a particular match calls for it. If the Survivors are setting themselves up for a 3-Gen, or I can nudge them into one, I let it (or make it) happen. I consider these things tactics, nothing more and nothing less. More to the point, they are niche tactics that will hurt the Killer if done wrong, but can pay dividends if done right. I make no pretentions about how I play; I never have.

    The sick, sad world truth is that it doesn't matter what a Killer does. Bad sports are going to be salty and serve up bile. I've been accused of doing all sorts of things, and more often than not I wasn't even doing them. The worst part about it all is that Survivors are responsible for about 90% of Tunneling themselves. They don't make safe rescues, they farm, they don't bring Borrowed Time, they unhook with the person they are saving between themselves and the Killer, and they vanish like Ninja the second they unhook. If they aren't there to take a protection hit or a hook for the person they rescue, I wonder why they bothered in the first place.

    It isn't the Killer's gig to do their job for them. You are not beholden to look away and ignore the prey in front of you. That nonsense is straight out of the Survivor's Handbook for Killers. You are also not responsible for any other Player's fun. They bring that themselves, or not. They either enjoy they game or they don't. You don't have time to worry about that. You have enough to do in the match. Just play the game; play it hard. Kill them all and let the Entity sort them out.

    You are not wrong. And we have had our discussions. And certainly piss poor saves should not be rewarded.

    But, I argue.....there is another way to play this game. Admittedly it will lower your kill stats from an average of 3.8 to about a 2.8.

    But, IMO, the game becomes more fun, more interactive and less about arbitrary numbers. The warm respectful conversations post game are a welcome change after 4 years in this game.

  • Thanks for sharing this update with us

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2089044#Comment_2089044

    You are not wrong. And we have had our discussions. And certainly piss poor saves should not be rewarded.

    But, I argue.....there is another way to play this game. Admittedly it will lower your kill stats from an average of 3.8 to about a 2.8.

    But, IMO, the game becomes more fun, more interactive and less about arbitrary numbers. The warm respectful conversations post game are a welcome change after 4 years in this game.

    I don't disagree. I'm a big fan of good sportsmanship, and friendly, polite banter at the end. I don't even focus on numbers really. I'm just playing the game, and my default mode is "all in." Remember, I'm not saying I Herd, Camp, Tunnel, Slug, and Mori constantly. I said I do them when a specific match calls for one or more of them. I do these things when I have to do them. They aren't a strategy for me, just tactical options.

    A downside of the DbD matchmaking system (if you could call it a system) is that I've been going against primarily Red Rank Survivors for a LONG time. I face SWF more often than not. That means if I'm not going full tilt from the start of the match, I'm going to lose. I have very little margin for error. I have to make the assumption that I'm facing a tournament squad every time. I'm not entirely heartless; if I figure out (in time) otherwise, I take it down a notch. It is good for them, and good for me. The problem is games are so damn hard and fast, that it isn't easy to identify when the damn matchmaking system has tossed me a herd of Bambi before I've already stomped on them.

    I've often thought (and stated) that they should give the Killer more information about the Survivors he/she is facing. They should tell me when I'm not up against the best of the best. When the Ques bog down they start to toss anyone they can to me, and that is when things get bad. I'd rather see a screen flash up there and TELL me I'm actually up against two Yellows, a Green, and a single Red. Then I can start the match in a friendlier gear without doing myself a disservice. I feel the same way about the poorly thought out decision NOT to give Killers the same Hook info that Survivors get. I don't want that info so I can Tunnel (I can already do that quite well when I need to) but rather to know if I'm about to Tunnel when I don't have to do it. I expect many Players would use it to do the opposite, to avoid Tunneling when the need isn't there.

    Once MMR is on all the time, I think they REALLY should consider giving the Killer some kind of Rating notification, particularly when the Ques force uneven matchups. While I'm always going to play to win, I'd love the option of challenging myself by holding back when I know it is feasible. But without some kind of warning, when most of my games are against hardcore roughnecks, I don't have the option to open with anything less than my A-Game.

  • You should have told them not to farm their friend of the hook for altruism.

  • @aroell said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2089077#Comment_2089077

    You should be ashamed of yourself. Why punish the guy who got unhooked? Do you expect them to run away when someone tries to heal them or what

    You don't unhook someone instantly, before the killer has left, if you don't have Borrowed Time.

    You wait for them to leave first.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2089469#Comment_2089469

    I don't disagree. I'm a big fan of good sportsmanship, and friendly, polite banter at the end. I don't even focus on numbers really. I'm just playing the game, and my default mode is "all in." Remember, I'm not saying I Herd, Camp, Tunnel, Slug, and Mori constantly. I said I do them when a specific match calls for one or more of them. I do these things when I have to do them. They aren't a strategy for me, just tactical options.

    A downside of the DbD matchmaking system (if you could call it a system) is that I've been going against primarily Red Rank Survivors for a LONG time. I face SWF more often than not. That means if I'm not going full tilt from the start of the match, I'm going to lose. I have very little margin for error. I have to make the assumption that I'm facing a tournament squad every time. I'm not entirely heartless; if I figure out (in time) otherwise, I take it down a notch. It is good for them, and good for me. The problem is games are so damn hard and fast, that it isn't easy to identify when the damn matchmaking system has tossed me a herd of Bambi before I've already stomped on them.

    I've often thought (and stated) that I think they should give the Killer more information about the Survivors he/she is facing. They should tell me when I'm not up against the best of the best. When the Ques bog down they start to toss anyone they can to me, and that is when things get bad. I'd rather see a screen flash up there and TELL me I'm actually up against two Yellows, a Green, and a single Red. Then I can start the match in a friendlier gear without doing myself a disservice. I feel the same way about the poorly thought out decision NOT to give Killers the same Hook info that Survivors get. I don't want that info so I can Tunnel (I can already do that quite well when I need to) but rather to know if I'm about to Tunnel when I don't have to do it. I expect many Players would use it to do the opposite, to avoid Tunneling when the need isn't there.

    Once MMR is on all the time, I think they REALLY should consider giving the Killer some kind of Rating notification, particularly when the Ques force uneven matchups. While I'm always going to play to win, I'd love the option of challenging myself by holding back when I know it is feasible. But without some kind of warning, when most of my games are against hardcore roughnecks, I don't have the option to open with anything less than my A-Game.

    Well said. And a great point about MMR and letting killers have the information needed to perhaps let off the gas a bit if we know we are facing competition that may not be on par with our experience.

    I do agree that we get conditioned as red rank killers to go into every game full tilt until the match proves differently. And this is a hard mindset to break, I still have to struggle at times to play completely "fair."

    I'm just trying to stop salivating at the sound of the bell, lol

    Hope you have a great day!!

  • Had same happened to me last night lol literally I didn't even turned around some surv jumped out and unhooked feng lol but I went after him until I saw they all are doing the same thing so I just tunelled them out of game all because I had no interest in staying in game where surv are on crack

  • reading this hurt my eyes lol

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2089506#Comment_2089506

    Well said. And a great point about MMR and letting killers have the information needed to perhaps let off the gas a bit if we know we are facing competition that may not be on par with our experience.

    I do agree that we get conditioned as red rank killers to go into every game full tilt until the match proves differently. And this is a hard mindset to break, I still have to struggle at times to play completely "fair."

    I'm just trying to stop salivating at the sound of the bell, lol

    Hope you have a great day!!

    Ditto; I always enjoy our exchanges. I like that imagery, "salivating at the sound of the bell" and I'm going to shamelessly steal it for some future post.

  • @Dragonshensi said:

    Just had a match against at least a two man SWF team with one of them being a Twitch streamer. They kept unhooking before I even left the area. After that I tunneled the person off hook to death and managed to kill another with NOED. Instantly got messages about how I’m a tunneling c*nt and I’m trash for using NOED. If you are going to unhook in front of my face and then vanish. Darn right I’m tunneling. I’m tired of not even leaving the area and immediately my prey gets unhooked.

    Honey, I've explained to you several times that if you stay on the map, you camp. You just don't listen! 



    And you should have learned that you can only hit each survivor once - otherwise you tunnel! Tze! XDDD

  • @Eve13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/240929/darn-right-i-m-tunneling

    Honey, I've explained to you several times that if you stay on the map, you camp. You just don't listen! 

    And you should have learned that you can only hit each survivor once - otherwise you tunnel! Tze! XDDD

    Lol true. But it’s still always funny to come across these people. Haven’t seen you in awhile. Missed ya lol. Still need that date match too

  • people will send messages and complain no matter what.

  • Pantless Myers has been around a lot lately and also leather dress piggy.... But I didn't find you. XDDD


    Had vacation, was little on the road in forums. 


    I'm glad you're still around and haven't quit. <3

  • @Eve13 said:

    Pantless Myers has been around a lot lately and also leather dress piggy.... But I didn't find you. XDDD

    Had vacation, was little on the road in forums. 

    I'm glad you're still around and haven't quit. <3

    well I still want that date with leather piggy. Glad you’re still around too

  • @Eve13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/240929/darn-right-i-m-tunneling

    Honey, I've explained to you several times that if you stay on the map, you camp. You just don't listen! 

    And you should have learned that you can only hit each survivor once - otherwise you tunnel! Tze! XDDD

    So I should just stand in the corner facing the wall right? xD

  • did they have BT? Otherwise it'd be stupid to unhook in front of you.

  • That's when I decide to attempt a 4 man slug, if they want to end the game by farming teammates I'll give them a hand to get there faster.

  • @Dragonshensi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2089602#Comment_2089602

    well I still want that date with leather piggy. Glad you’re still around too

    Nono, first up is Mikey. XD


    @Skaty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2089570#Comment_2089570

    So I should just stand in the corner facing the wall right? xD

    Ah, you get it. That's exactly how it has to be. 


    But you can certainly keep yourself busy: building snowmen on Ormond or mucking out the barn at Coldwind Farm. 

  • @Nathan13 said:

    did they have BT? Otherwise it'd be stupid to unhook in front of you.

    Nope they didn’t.

  • I prefer to not tunnel whenever I can, but I also have no moral code (I play spirit so no morals here), so if the survivors are doing well or one in particular is annoying me, they're out of the match.

    Gets me to 3 stacks of DH real fast too.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/240929/darn-right-i-m-tunneling

    I find it simpler to be direct. I will Herd, Camp, Tunnel, Slug, and Mori whenever a particular match calls for it. If the Survivors are setting themselves up for a 3-Gen, or I can nudge them into one, I let it (or make it) happen. I consider these things tactics, nothing more and nothing less. More to the point, they are niche tactics that will hurt the Killer if done wrong, but can pay dividends if done right. I make no pretentions about how I play; I never have.

    The sick, sad world truth is that it doesn't matter what a Killer does. Bad sports are going to be salty and serve up bile. I've been accused of doing all sorts of things, and more often than not I wasn't even doing them. The worst part about it all is that Survivors are responsible for about 90% of Tunneling themselves. They don't make safe rescues, they farm, they don't bring Borrowed Time, they unhook with the person they are saving between themselves and the Killer, and they vanish like Ninja the second they unhook. If they aren't there to take a protection hit or a hook for the person they rescue, I wonder why they bothered in the first place.

    It isn't the Killer's gig to do their job for them. You are not beholden to look away and ignore the prey in front of you. That nonsense is straight out of the Survivor's Handbook for Killers. You are also not responsible for any other Player's fun. They bring that themselves, or not. They either enjoy they game or they don't. You don't have time to worry about that. You have enough to do in the match. Just play the game; play it hard. Kill them all and let the Entity sort them out.

    strong small peepee energy with this one, talk about taking yourself and a game way too seriously lmfao

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/240929/darn-right-i-m-tunneling

    I find it simpler to be direct. I will Herd, Camp, Tunnel, Slug, and Mori whenever a particular match calls for it. If the Survivors are setting themselves up for a 3-Gen, or I can nudge them into one, I let it (or make it) happen. I consider these things tactics, nothing more and nothing less. More to the point, they are niche tactics that will hurt the Killer if done wrong, but can pay dividends if done right. I make no pretentions about how I play; I never have.

    The sick, sad world truth is that it doesn't matter what a Killer does. Bad sports are going to be salty and serve up bile. I've been accused of doing all sorts of things, and more often than not I wasn't even doing them. The worst part about it all is that Survivors are responsible for about 90% of Tunneling themselves. They don't make safe rescues, they farm, they don't bring Borrowed Time, they unhook with the person they are saving between themselves and the Killer, and they vanish like Ninja the second they unhook. If they aren't there to take a protection hit or a hook for the person they rescue, I wonder why they bothered in the first place.

    It isn't the Killer's gig to do their job for them. You are not beholden to look away and ignore the prey in front of you. That nonsense is straight out of the Survivor's Handbook for Killers. You are also not responsible for any other Player's fun. They bring that themselves, or not. They either enjoy they game or they don't. You don't have time to worry about that. You have enough to do in the match. Just play the game; play it hard. Kill them all and let the Entity sort them out.

    This needs to be a post in itself, because nothing but the truth was spoken here. Survivors need to hold more accountability in their actions and not expect the killer to forgive their mistakes.

  • @aroell said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2089077#Comment_2089077

    You should be ashamed of yourself. Why punish the guy who got unhooked? Do you expect them to run away when someone tries to heal them or what

    Healing under hook at times isn't inherently bad, but if you think a killer isn't going to come back to the area where there's half of the survivor team then idk what to tell you.

1 2 ›