I think Scott Jund is right about these forums

This is one of the reasons why I love Scott’s content and videos. He’s brutally honest, I’ve seen him say the hurtful truth about stuff on the survivor side and killer side but man, he nailed this one. I feel like a lot of threads that are posted on here are laughable. Entitled killer mains that make threads like “Delete SWF”, “NERF (enter survivor perk here),” etc. same goes for survivors as well but I notice this more on the killer side.

https://youtu.be/rkgivrJlvao


Comments

  • @EvanSnowWolf said:

    At least the Reddit Killer didn't get spun by a Quentin.

    “3 years down the fkin drain dude”

    - ScottJund


    ps. I friggen love Scott

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2089311#Comment_2089311

    @CashelP14

    I share your opinion as well.

    Before I joined the forums I had another friend who came here and basically told me "Do not post anything, it is basically only killer players in there" because he mentioned something that apparently triggered people into just putting him down in his own thread. He has left ever since. At the time I did not believe him, until I experienced it for myself.

    I don't think some people are unreasonable, but I do think a majority of this community (the forums one not the DBD community in its entirety) is very combative. There is a segment of this community that acts like they are just ready to attack anyone who merely suggests something because maybe they don't fully understand something about the game, or maybe just because they don't particularly agree with it.

    There are a lot of people on here that are very combative.

    I wouldn't say it's all killer mains though. I feel like killer mains are more supportive of bad posts from new killers (I.e remove swf). Survivor mains though won't support other bad posts from new survivors (I.e nerf bbq).

  • Another Jund video being quoted and more praising on how "right" he is.

    He is correct in that these forums have a lot of "nerf x" topics. However, some of these threads are because of his influence, which I don't know if he realizes in this video or not.

  • @ukenicky said:

    I usually like Scott's input on things but this felt like a really random topic he just pulled out of literally nowhere.

    Felt awkward tbh. I just wish he'd be happy he's actually beyond miserable when he talks about or plays this game like my god man, if you aren't enjoying yourself just play something else. I literally only watch him for his constructive thinking / rework vids of late but actual gameplay feels depressing to watch when all the person does is complain and say how much the game sucks lol

    I've not interacted with the dbd subreddit (not sure I want to bcuz I just don't care much for reddit) but I really don't see what the point is of generalizing entire groups of people like he does.

    ... Because what he stated is just facts. I never saw or heard this guy before. Literally the first time I see him, and I don't watch or care for streamers or youtubers or whatever he is. But he's definitely on point about this.

  • @CustomerService said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2089009#Comment_2089009

    ... Because what he stated is just facts. I never saw or heard this guy before. Literally the first time I see him, and I don't watch or care for streamers or youtubers or whatever he is. But he's definitely on point about this.

    Even if someone is stating a fact, that doesn't mean it can't seem "out of nowhere".

    Someone stating "the sky is blue" may be a fact, but they said it randomly during a conversation unrelated to the sky.

    Sorry if I read this wrong, I didn't know what part you were saying "because what he stated..." to.

  • @Squirrel_Thicc said:

    That's the biggest issue with the forums, it's just a giant circle jerk for entitled killer mains. The people who complain like that have a severe victim complex, they're convinced that just because killers are mostly weaker than the survivors...that means they have the right to demand that every single good things that survivors have gets taken away from them. They say they want the game to be "balanced" but all they want is killer superiority. For all of dbd's existence the narratives been that survivors are the crybabies but anyone with half a brain can see that's blatantly not true.

    Most posts I see on these forums are asking for nerfs to killers almost everyday. Since the latest update there have been so many posts asking for DS to be buffed which is something I doubt "entitled killer mains" want. This forum is full of people sensible and nonsensible on both sides, it doesn't cater to one.

  • I don't think it was ever lost on anybody that this forum was a terrible dark place full of charlatans, idealistic hacks, the toxic, and sensationalist provocateurs who care more about being right than anything else. If anything, that's every single online forum. It's nothing new, it's a bit late, and it's not going to change the pervasive attitudes in this hellhole.

  • @Hektic3000 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2090288#Comment_2090288

    Most posts I see on these forums are asking for nerfs to killers almost everyday. Since the latest update there have been so many posts asking for DS to be buffed which is something I doubt "entitled killer mains" want. This forum is full of people sensible and nonsensible on both sides, it doesn't cater to one.

    There are both entitled killer and survivor mains, but on the forums in particular there are a lot of entitled killer mains. Any time a survivor brings up valid criticism for killer nerfs there's a crowd of killer mains who call THEM entitled.

  • @Squirrel_Thicc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2090932#Comment_2090932

    There are both entitled killer and survivor mains, but on the forums in particular there are a lot of entitled killer mains. Any time a survivor brings up valid criticism for killer nerfs there's a crowd of killer mains who call THEM entitled.

    But cant the same also be said for killers? Plenty of times I see a killer having valid criticism for certain survivor tactics only to be met with "just get good".

  • The sky is blue. The grass is green. And here’s another “Scott Jund said so” topic.

    I really like Scott and I enjoy his videos and he is right about what he said in this video but how come every time he posts a video about a topic that we’ve known about for the longest time now people piggyback and are like “Yep. Popular content creator said this. Now it’s fact”.

    Nothing personal against Scott, but I dislike how people agree and make topics and typically agree simply because he’s a well know content creator.

    I’m pretty sure most people already knew how the forums are. There is biased galore around here. Half the topics don’t even make sense.

  • @Hektic3000 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2090978#Comment_2090978

    But cant the same also be said for killers? Plenty of times I see a killer having valid criticism for certain survivor tactics only to be met with "just get good".

    This is perhaps the biggest issue i've experienced on these forums, and its even more disappointing to see it come from people with 1k+ posts.

    So many people on here seem wholey incapable of entertaining criticism towards the game (on either side), and simply default to insults or uninsightful upvote-baiting responses that don't add to the conversation.


    Every once and a while I see some great insights on here, but across the board the ignorance I've witnessed is harmful for both the game and the community.

  • Pretty easy to be correct when you create a strawman and provide no examples or data.

  • the ######### takes are why im here if im being honest, mostly.

  • @Hektic3000 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2090978#Comment_2090978

    But cant the same also be said for killers? Plenty of times I see a killer having valid criticism for certain survivor tactics only to be met with "just get good".

    My entire point is that it happens more the other way around. I never said it doesn't happen.

  • @Mileena_Kahn said:

    This is one of the reasons why I love Scott’s content and videos. He’s brutally honest, I’ve seen him say the hurtful truth about stuff on the survivor side and killer side but man, he nailed this one. I feel like a lot of threads that are posted on here are laughable. Entitled killer mains that make threads like “Delete SWF”, “NERF (enter survivor perk here),” etc. same goes for survivors as well but I notice this more on the killer side.

    https://youtu.be/rkgivrJlvao

    Oh please, that's not even real insight. Pretty much any game forum, especially for PvP, is the same. Go over to Overwatch and it's cries to nerf this character or that (usually one they lost to) or buff this character or that character (usually one they play a lot), Apex: ditto with guns, Paladins: same as Overwatch. Heroes of the Storm? Yep. League of Legends? There, too.

    Anyone who visits more than one PvP game forum and plays more than one PvP game has known this for a long time.

    I get that people here just seem to love Scott, but this one isn't even worthy of pointing to. That's like him pointing out the sun rises in the east. Yeah, no #########.

  • @Hektic3000 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2090978#Comment_2090978

    But cant the same also be said for killers? Plenty of times I see a killer having valid criticism for certain survivor tactics only to be met with "just get good".

    survivor tactics mostly only consist of swf.

    while killers differ with many power so much and combination of perks. for example stridor spirit.

    I already realized this forum is killer sided for long time, with major nerf to every survivor perks , buff to killers, still some people suggesting like iron will or spine chill to be nerfed this make me laugh so much.

    even when i'm suggesting 2 kills are good match for me they seems to disagree. seems like most killer accept only 4 kills as win.

  • @odra said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2090992#Comment_2090992

    survivor tactics mostly only consist of swf.

    while killers differ with many power so much and combination of perks. for example stridor spirit.

    I already realized this forum is killer sided for long time, with major nerf to every survivor perks , buff to killers, still some people suggesting like iron will or spine chill to be nerfed this make me laugh so much.

    even when i'm suggesting 2 kills are good match for me they seems to disagree. seems like most killer accept only 4 kills as win.

    To say that survivor tactics mostly only consist of swf is wrong and a gross underestimation of solo survivor abilities. I don't need to be on comms to have a clear understanding of how the match is going. You say major nerfs to every survivor perk but seem to forget the buffs survivors get as well. The most notable one being the ability to see how many hooks each teammate has received, but i guess we'll just overlook that for the small qol changes some killers have gotten. I understand that the devs think the 2 kill 2 escape metric is great and i don't doubt that its a fair outlook to have, any killer that plays at high ranks knows that isn't enough. To feel a sense of accomplishment, really just to have the "entity displeased screaming" not happen, you need to try to kill all the survivors. Its not killers being sweaty or anything of the sort, its just playing the game in the intended way to rank up, like that means anything anymore.

  • @KingFrost said:

    Hey, when I say NOED should be base-kit, activate when the first gen pops, and they should add 5 more totems including an invisible totem that can't be seen or cleansed and that they should give Spirit a machine gun and Freddy should be able to teleport as much as he wants and that they should give Nurse infinite blinks and Hag should have infinite traps and that Oni should have blood bags laying around you can collect so he can have as much power as needed, and that if you don't cleanse against Plague then you should just die immediately once the infection gets too bad, and that RBT's should kill the survivor if they pick the wrong box, and that Trapper's traps should count as a hook state instead of injuring the survivor, and that Wraith should be able to hit while invisible and not be seen from 2 meters, and that maps should be made half the size they are, and survivors should have to complete all 7 generators, and exit gates should take 6 minutes to open I'm just trying to make the game scarier. I'm not being biased.

    yeah!!! it's a HORROR EXPERIENCE!!!!!! the killer should be the power role and win 99% of their games!!!!!! i say this as a survivor main!!!!!! i only want to win 1/100 games!!!!!!!!!! its scary to die!!!!!!!

  • @MegMain98 said:

    The sky is blue. The grass is green. And here’s another “Scott Jund said so” topic.

    I really like Scott and I enjoy his videos and he is right about what he said in this video but how come every time he posts a video about a topic that we’ve known about for the longest time now people piggyback and are like “Yep. Popular content creator said this. Now it’s fact”.

    Nothing personal against Scott, but I dislike how people agree and make topics and typically agree simply because he’s a well know content creator.

    I’m pretty sure most people already knew how the forums are. There is biased galore around here. Half the topics don’t even make sense.

    Not really, there are a lot of people, but if you're not so well known, it gets swept under the rug. Scott making those type of videos encourages people to step up and make a thread about the topic. But it is true, there are some people that blindly agree with everything content creator says.

  • @MegMain98 said:

    The sky is blue. The grass is green. And here’s another “Scott Jund said so” topic.

    I really like Scott and I enjoy his videos and he is right about what he said in this video but how come every time he posts a video about a topic that we’ve known about for the longest time now people piggyback and are like “Yep. Popular content creator said this. Now it’s fact”.

    Nothing personal against Scott, but I dislike how people agree and make topics and typically agree simply because he’s a well know content creator.

    I’m pretty sure most people already knew how the forums are. There is biased galore around here. Half the topics don’t even make sense.

    this so much

    scott's cool and all, but the scott parroting has got to be one of the most annoying things since he's started making these videos (which aren't bad)

    like wow, scott has some reasonable opinions, very cool. i don't need to see it pasted all over a forum like it's some holy revelation though lol.

    parroting in general is annoying but these discussion videos have really made it worse and it's getting boring (and it's not his fault at all, it's just how this community works) to see "HOT TAKE: I AGREE WITH SCOTT" every time he makes a vid

  • @JFF said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2091016#Comment_2091016

    Not really, there are a lot of people, but if you're not so well known, it gets swept under the rug. Scott making those type of videos encourages people to step up and make a thread about the topic. But it is true, there are some people that blindly agree with everything content creator says.

    It’s just that every time a popular content creator does something whether it’d be a “hot take”, a killer they personally find unfun or fun, thinking a killer takes “no skill” or has no counterplay, or a tier list, etc...people will piggyback and not form their own opinion. I hate the argument of “*insert popular content creator* said this so it’s fact and I’m going to piggyback off their opinion”.

    It’s not the content creators fault but people are so quick to hop on their favorites opinions. An examples is that I didn’t NEARLY see as many people complain about DS/Unbreakable until Scott dubbed it the “small pp” build. Now all of a sudden people wanna make threads saying it’s an uncounterable combo. Okay, where was this same energy before somebody said something about it?

    But about this specific thread? Uh, I think we all knew how biased, wishy washy, and stubborn forums members are. It’s such a minuscule thing but we just GOTTA make the thread about “Scott Jund is right for the 80th time about something we all knew about”.


  • @Hektic3000 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2092968#Comment_2092968

    To say that survivor tactics mostly only consist of swf is wrong and a gross underestimation of solo survivor abilities. I don't need to be on comms to have a clear understanding of how the match is going. You say major nerfs to every survivor perk but seem to forget the buffs survivors get as well. The most notable one being the ability to see how many hooks each teammate has received, but i guess we'll just overlook that for the small qol changes some killers have gotten. I understand that the devs think the 2 kill 2 escape metric is great and i don't doubt that its a fair outlook to have, any killer that plays at high ranks knows that isn't enough. To feel a sense of accomplishment, really just to have the "entity displeased screaming" not happen, you need to try to kill all the survivors. Its not killers being sweaty or anything of the sort, its just playing the game in the intended way to rank up, like that means anything anymore.

    Hooks counter is not a buff, it's just an info as I always remembered previously how many surv has been hooked, or when iI playing killer learn to count hook on survivors.

    Solo survivor abilities is really depending on how matchmaking works, you will find majorly survivor are potatoes on red rank even playing killer you would only rarely run 4 sweaty SWF, as the game direction going on pretty much i'm losing my motivation on playing Killer anymore as it's either easy kills or running into sweaty SWF, there's no in between. guess i will take a break for now

  • ew scott jund, gross, all he does is point out the obvious and be an annoying condescending prick while he does it, yikes

  • If you need a youtuber to point out obvious, then I really don't know what to tell you

  • Shock horror a high density of players with a culture of click bait threads is prone to featuring nonesense topics at the front page while well meaning actual nuance takes on feedback and improvements sink below.

    I always find it baffling that people do not grasp that drama and us vs them posts gain more traction in general. We all know the saying don't feed the troll yet none of us do it. I challenge the community to actually give sensible feedback and advice for just one week.

1 2 ›