Serious question: Why are killers treated as second class players?

Like I get it survivors are the majority and spend the most money so their needs are met first.


But at the same time without killers then the survivors will have no killers to play with


and then that means no survivor can play games so they won't spend money.


So why are killers treated like ######### again? You need us to play the game.

Comments

  • @Stryker said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2084159#Comment_2084159

    lol, hope you're kidding right?

    reworks? like the clown with an almost useless bottle? or...legion with a ######### buff on mend? constant buffs for the killers? pop and tanato got nerfed not long ago and mori got destroyed along with undying...yeah, constant buffs...

    great new perks...pffff, and... solid new killers? are you blind? did you saw the trickster!!!?

    Again I’ll refer you to @TheClownIsKing antidote guide

    Legion was more of a standardisation if anything

    Pop got a minimal nerf and thana was a buff

    Undying needed a nerf and got buffed for a lot of other totem perks

    We got PH blight slinger and twins. All at least B tier killers

  • @BananaBlooD95 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2085132#Comment_2085132

    While Clown's buff could have been slightly stronger once you learn when and how to use his new bottle you down survivor on strong pallet way faster because they get slowed and you get faster.

    let's be hones, it's a ######### rework, yeah, better than before, but almost nobody tend to use the yellow bottle, because it's not worth most of the times...the real rework were the 3 seconds reload time.

  • Oh, woe is me. :')

    Literally the majority of balance changes are improvements for killers. the entire last patch was a butchering of a perk (that I didn't use anyway) people abused while not making it actually function for its purpose, with a new killer.

    This is a legitimate case of you using a real term in an insulting manner and refusing to git gud.

  • @Stryker said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2085146#Comment_2085146

    let's be hones, it's a ######### rework, yeah, better than before, but almost nobody tend to use the yellow bottle, because it's not worth most of the times...the real rework were the 3 seconds reload time.

    I've been playing Clown a lot more lately in red ranks and his yellow bottles are excellent in his anti-looping game. I use them a lot to catch up to survivors during chases if they made too much distance, and the yellow bottles do a great job at helping me catch up to them.

  • @Stryker said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2085146#Comment_2085146

    let's be hones, it's a ######### rework, yeah, better than before, but almost nobody tend to use the yellow bottle, because it's not worth most of the times...the real rework were the 3 seconds reload time.

    Like glitchboi said when you combine both bottles on bigger loops (because smaller ones were never an issue with him) he can surprise a lot of survivor either by allowing you to hit them at the loop or catching up after breaking a paller. I'd add 1 bottle basekit tho.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @BananaBlooD95 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2085155#Comment_2085155

    Like glitchboi said when you combine both bottles on bigger loops (because smaller ones were never an issue with him) he can surprise a lot of survivor either by allowing you to hit them at the loop or catching up after breaking a paller. I'd add 1 bottle basekit tho.

    I had the idea of making the bottle count separate for tonics and antidotes (for example, you throw an antidote for a speed boost, so you now have 3 antidotes and you switch back to tonics and the count of tonics stay at 4)

  • @glitchboi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2085180#Comment_2085180

    I had the idea of making the bottle count separate for tonics and antidotes (for example, you throw an antidote for a speed boost, so you now have 3 antidotes and you switch back to tonics and the count of tonics stay at 4)

    That could work too, you'd have to remember how many bottles you have for both. Maybe the yellow (speed) tonic effect could come in faster as right now it's hard to use on indoor map and useless on Lery.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    You’re joking right?

    Killers are getting constant buffs. Great reworks for struggling killers, Great new perks and some very solid new killers. On,y real issue is matchmaking but MMR is their priority at the moment

    Solo survivors are really the ones treated like garbage

    Solo will hopefully fixed once they roll out their matchmaking rework. *prays*

  • The only way in which killers are treated poorly is the fact that every chase QoL change favours survivors, such as trackable movement and hearing footsteps. (Both were removed for no reason.)

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2084152#Comment_2084152

    dying light gets nerfed in months.

    DS gets nerfed in years.

    Moris get nerfed

    keys ?????????????????

    So because BHVR nerfed killer stuff you think you're being treated as a 2nd class player and below everyone else just because you play killer? Jesus Christ...

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2084620#Comment_2084620

    Thanks, but whenever I try to be helpful here, I just get attacked.

    It's because you're going against the victim complex hivemind that is killer mains on reddit and the forums. They can't be having that.

  • @SunderMun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2085063#Comment_2085063

    It's because you're going against the victim complex hivemind that is killer mains on reddit and the forums. They can't be having that.

    oh I get.

    The very idea that somebody could do good with Clown at red ranks without meta perks, when they themselves struggle with Nurse/Spirit/Freddy and meta perks in green/purple ranks, offends them.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    You’re joking right?

    Killers are getting constant buffs. Great reworks for struggling killers, Great new perks and some very solid new killers. On,y real issue is matchmaking but MMR is their priority at the moment

    Solo survivors are really the ones treated like garbage

    Please don't bring up the solo survivor experience, I already get a headache.

    That's why I'm a killer main who plays Nurse, I can only blame myself unless there's keys involved. 😅

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2084155#Comment_2084155

    So because BHVR nerfed killer stuff you think you're being treated as a 2nd class player and below everyone else just because you play killer? Jesus Christ...

    this is a survivor sided game

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2085643#Comment_2085643

    oh I get.

    The very idea that somebody could do good with Clown at red ranks without meta perks, when they themselves struggle with Nurse/Spirit/Freddy and meta perks in green/purple ranks, offends them.

    I never understood the difficulty of using Clown lol. Whenever I picked him up at rank 1 before they even removed the slowdown on readying up his bottles, I usually got a 3-4k...and I'm average at killer. It's one of the reasons I never regarded him as nearly as bad compared to the rest of the cast as others claim.


    And yes, it is sad that people struggle so on those killers, since they basically break the game (with the exception of Freddy)

  • Yes but twins blight PH and Slinger are all great

  • Us killer mains are not treated like 2nd class citizens. We get a similar number of buffs and nerfs and the game is reasonably balanced. The only legit complaint is that moris got nerfed so long before keys, but it'll get balanced eventually.

    If you're a bad player and want the devs to hold your hand and give you a 4k every game, this isn't the game for you.

  • @rrogers_NW said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/240496/serious-question-why-are-killers-treated-as-second-class-players

    HAHAA Second CLASS? Second class he says. I don't think anyone actually realizes this, but if the killer has shat internet, the match is effected by that. Plus right now killers can hit from 2000 miles away, and I'm always at 40ms. so Don't even go there LOL. Just get better kid, Killer Mains I swear on my sole

    You mean "noob killer mains", we don't all complain about every single thing lol. Some survivors are pretty obnoxious too. "Oh no, I can't abuse DS. Oh no, a killer chased me when i didn't want them to. Oh no, NOED is OP" lol.

    But yeah, this guy is kinda obnoxious. Plenty of killers like this complain about dumb stuff like "dead hard is broken, DS/UB is broken, survivors did gens too fast, survivors are too good at holding W" etc.

  • The pendulum of balance swings both ways. Both sides get adjusted as necessary. This whole "survivors get m ore attention because they're the majority" misinformation needs to just stop. It's just speculation driven by biased circumstantial evidence at best.

    Doctor, Bubba, and Wraith were all buffed by their past reworks. Trapper has also been buffed as well.

  • @Palkia123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2087893#Comment_2087893

    I don't think twins should be on that list, but maybe that's just a matter of opinion

    They’re strong but they require a bit of a scummy playstyle to do well

  • @SnowMiser said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2084381#Comment_2084381

    The fix for keys was removing them entirely.

    Winning the game by not completing your objectives is not a recipe for a fun or balanced game.

    You are in fact wrong. In order to use a key you must do the obj to make the hatch spawn. 2 gens left with 2 survs make hatch spawn, 1 gen for 3, and all 5or 4 survivors

  • @FrenziedRoach said:

    The pendulum of balance swings both ways. Both sides get adjusted as necessary. This whole "survivors get m ore attention because they're the majority" misinformation needs to just stop. It's just speculation driven by biased circumstantial evidence at best.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2084507#Comment_2084507

    Doctor, Bubba, and Wraith were all buffed by their past reworks. Trapper has also been buffed as well.

    Lol, no.

  • I'm not sure I agree with the framing. The devs need to err on the side of the Survivor.

    If it's too easy for the killer, 80% of the players who play DBD have a bad time.

    Now, it's obviously bad for things to be too hard or unfun for the killer too... since every game, 20% of the player base doesn't have fun AND the other 80% will have to wait longer and longer to get queues. I can't even play Survivor this time a night since I'd rather play Killer... and play 2x more games.

    I agree that before the DS nerf, BHVR went so far in the Survivors favor that everything broke down and got real stupid. I don't think people appreciate just how good the DS nerf is and how big of a quality of life boost it is for killers. Now, it genuinely is an anti-tunnel perk which doesn't randomly punish killers out of the blue anymore.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    Like I get it survivors are the majority and spend the most money so their needs are met first.

    But at the same time without killers then the survivors will have no killers to play with

    and then that means no survivor can play games so they won't spend money.

    So why are killers treated like ######### again? You need us to play the game.

    BHVR doesn't want to upset their financial balance by doing more things that they're afraid would cause a major drop off of players. Their whole thing atm is just trying to funnel in new people as much as possible with little thought to retention of existing players, hence mobile and graphics reworks to keep the game looking nice for next gen consoles.

    The fact they reworked DS prolly got them sweating bullets.

    Notice how much the Killer meta has changed over the last couple years several times and how the survivor meta has not changed one single bit.

    Rake em in and wait for those auric cell purchases. Got 10$ skins flying out left and right, but got to wait 3-6 weeks for minor game updates. And as long as those cells keep rolling in they don't have to do a darn thing other than line those pockets.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2084546#Comment_2084546

    I'm rank 3 consistently getting 4ks and cannot pip despite doing everything I need to do.

    meanwhile survivors can ######### up as much as they want and pip

    Do you prefer 0k consistently and pip? Because perhaps survs get pips because they can't escape and devs need to give them something

  • @Moxie said:

    First time on an online game?

    People find lots of joy in tormenting or bullying others.

    Where they might balk in real life due to the consequences, internet anonymity is too strong.

    Not much more to say besides try not to let it bother you.

    I'll leave on this: My boyfriend recently started playing and loses Killer a lot. I asked him how he dealt with the "bullying". He said "I don't mind losing or them T-Bagging, because at least they are having fun. I am sure it is not fun for them when they are all on the hook. Its a give and take".

    That's a nice way of looking at things. Issue is, If I know that the survivor team are using strategies or just generally playing in a way to intentionally ruin my fun. Then why would I take pleasure in the idea that these selfish, inconsiderate people are having fun? It'd be like if someone came up to you in the street and spat in your face and then laughed about it to their friends. They've been blatantly disrespectful so why should I care that they enjoyed it?

  • @FrenziedRoach said:

    The pendulum of balance swings both ways. Both sides get adjusted as necessary. This whole "survivors get m ore attention because they're the majority" misinformation needs to just stop. It's just speculation driven by biased circumstantial evidence at best.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2084507#Comment_2084507

    Doctor, Bubba, and Wraith were all buffed by their past reworks. Trapper has also been buffed as well.


    no they ######### up trappers traps now they get out even on first try

  • @glitchboi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/240496/serious-question-why-are-killers-treated-as-second-class-players

    Honestly people like you are the reason why killer mains get looked down upon. You literally made a thread complaining that survivors getting healed can still use their DS and took a fat L for tunneling.

    except before DS nerf 9 times out of 10 that DS was from a survivor that was working on a gen.


    clearly wasn't tunneling


    It is bullshit their friends can heal them though, I wasn't tunneling then

  • They are not.

    It just happens, that you have 4 survivors in a game and everyone could be a dick. The chance increases if you do something they don't like, like tunneling and camping.

    Either live with it, because you can't change other people over the internet or stop playing. The devs won't do anything about camping / tunneling or t-bagging.

    Somehow, it's a group thing. If you play survivor and always see people waiting at the exit gates, you maybe start doing it as well. I don't tease any killer, i am not a child, but many people are, hence their age.

  • After the "three" deliverance escape you still feel like you need to add more bait to this forum

  • @nursewannabe said:

    After the "three" deliverance escape you still feel like you need to add more bait to this forum

    I meant 2 not 3.


    Get over it already


    ez mistake

  • @Itslat3ncy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2084505#Comment_2084505

    You are in fact wrong. In order to use a key you must do the obj to make the hatch spawn. 2 gens left with 2 survs make hatch spawn, 1 gen for 3, and all 5or 4 survivors

    The survivors' objective is to do 5 generators, open an exit gate, and leave through it. Removing any steps from that fundamentally ######### with the game balance.

  • @PanicSquid said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2084235#Comment_2084235

    One of them was an easier fix than the other. Patience, they'll figure it out eventually.

    If keys aren't as Worthless as Mori's are now then its not really going to be fair. And I don't think it will be.

1 2 ›