Killer Streamers Are Playing Survivor

What does that tell you about the state of the killer, BHVR?

Comments

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2083302#Comment_2083302

    2 years old stats... like... really? 2 years ago, moris were useful, ruin actually slowed gens down, billy was the most balanced killer and nurse was meta.

    ... I guess you missed the 2 million times I said this is from 2019 and not too representative. But you can have an idea. It'd be useful to see 2021 stats.

  • The game has two modes.

    Streamers are also free to play whatever mode they want regardless of reason.

    Crazy, I know.

  • Simply for their EGOS! nobody likes to lose and at present the game is balanced for the survivors
    


  • @Bwsted said:

    You didn't mention a single name. And you're trying to make a flawed argument to begin with.

    The only one I know of who switched full time is Zubat and that's because killer is too easy and boring to him.

    I thought the reason why Zubat plays survivor more is because he got tired of the issues on killer side, because when I see compilations of him in it when he goes against a killer that has been cucked over by something he responds in kind saying... "I know how you feel."

  • @M1MASTER said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2083191#Comment_2083191

    No offence, but NA survivors look VERY chill to me when i watch what they go against, so i'm not surprised that they find it too easy. Not to say that everyone in EU is a god of course, but the caliber is definitely much higher.

    From what I've seen EU is more toxic though, especially Russians for some reason.

  • @CustomerService said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2083495#Comment_2083495

    ... I guess you missed the 2 million times I said this is from 2019 and not too representative. But you can have an idea. It'd be useful to see 2021 stats.

    From personal experience. With how fast the gens go these days. The kill rate would be much lower. But we probably won´t ever get useful stats.

  • Doesn't say much, besides they don't feel like playing another round of killer and switched to survivors for few rounds before coming back to killers ^^

  • @ClownIsUnderrated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2083202#Comment_2083202

    I thought the reason why Zubat plays survivor more is because he got tired of the issues on killer side, because when I see compilations of him in it when he goes against a killer that has been cucked over by something he responds in kind saying... "I know how you feel."

    No, he said he got bored because it's too easy for him and he feels he just switches his brain off.

  • @Bwsted said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2083749#Comment_2083749

    No, he said he got bored because it's too easy for him and he feels he just switches his brain off.

    That's basically survivor for me

  • @VikingWilson said:

    It's not that they're "shaking things up," it's that killer sucks to play right now.

    as a Killermain: no it absolutely doesnt.

    i very much still prefer Killer over Survivor.

  • Different flavors for different folks. Do something long enough and eventually you'll get burned out of it.

  • I still see Ruin used in at least 50% of my survivor matches, just because Ruin / Undying isn't a free win against solos any more, doesn't mean that it isn't a useful build.

  • Are killer streamers not allowed to play survivor? Otz, Tru3, Cope, etc.

    Nothing wrong with mixing it up and playing both sides. A lot of people do that anyways. Says nothing on the state of killer. Stop reading into it so much, it aint that deep.

  • Yah... I'm not buying it dude. Killer is in a good position right now.

    I don't play every day anymore, sure - but that's more because I realize when I can and can't handle the challenges of this game, not because my preferred role sucks. If you think killer sucks now, you'd be appalled at how it was in that first year....

  • @VikingWilson said:

    What does that tell you about the state of the killer, BHVR?

    Maybe, JUST maybe

    They wanna play the WHOLE game they paid money for instead of playing just one role

  • @indieeden7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2083566#Comment_2083566

    I still see Ruin used in at least 50% of my survivor matches, just because Ruin / Undying isn't a free win against solos any more, doesn't mean that it isn't a useful build.

    Its a useless build. Ruin usage seems to be on a all time low. Just had 10 matches in a row without it.

  • We must be playing in different universes or something. Old Ruin was better for setup killers but you cannot tell me with a straight face that new ruin is weaker.


    As someone who can consistently hit Great skill checks, old Ruin was a complete joke, and I'd often go entire gens without losing any progression at all. At least now, its active wether a team is good at skill checks or not, with the trade off of needing to actually chase them off.

  • Solo survivor is dbd hard mode. Playing killer is much easier when you have a bunch of time invested in the game.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2083260#Comment_2083260

    This sentence is very weird for me. It is like: I know it is easier to play killer right now, definitely easier than when I first started playing (2018), and I know the balance is better. Yet it doesn't feel better.

    Perhaps winning against the more unbalanced stuff was rewarding, in a way. Or maybe I am going crazy... Who knows. It is just something I wanted to share.

    I think thats how I feel. Knowing you won against insurmountable odds. It's pretty apparent that there really isn't THAT many good survivors playing. As evidenced by how much easier killer has gotten after specific perk nerfs.

    There's still god survivors that turn this game into a joke and voice comms still make certain killers unplayable, but I almost never see that nowadays. I see other players, even supposedly experienced killers say every killer match is still almost impossible, and I wonder if these killers are just.. not very good but think they are.

    This will sound egotistical. But am I just a way better killer than I thought and a lot of these killers are bad? Or is there THAT big of a difference between player skill in different continents? Because I was always told EU dbd was way sweater, but I've been on it for years and its only gotten easier and easier.

    I've never felt more disconnected from the dbd community as I do currently. People still scream for more survivor nerfs, but at this point all thats needed it killer buffs against SWF really. Solo survivor is by far the worst and least viable its ever been. And 95% of killer matches at ANY rank are one sided stomps.

    I don't even enjoy killer anymore as I never even get tough matches nowadays, at any time of day or week. Even if I do get 1 or 2 insanely good survivors that make me sweat, their teammates will inevitably suck and feed me the game.

  • This says literally nothing, they ar eplaying the same game. Maybe if all of them quit the game and played some other games it would be different but it is literally just them playing another game. It means nothing and you are stupid for thinking that just cause they play a lot of killer it means they are not allowed to play survivor.

  • @Friendly_Blendette said:

    This says literally nothing, they ar eplaying the same game. Maybe if all of them quit the game and played some other games it would be different but it is literally just them playing another game. It means nothing and you are stupid for thinking that just cause they play a lot of killer it means they are not allowed to play survivor.

    Its weird that people are surprised that streamers that play this game for upwards of 6 hours a day for a living might get bored of it eventuallly.

    I truly don't know how Otz and Tru3 can play this game day in and day out.

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2083431#Comment_2083431

    I think thats how I feel. Knowing you won against insurmountable odds. It's pretty apparent that there really isn't THAT many good survivors playing. As evidenced by how much easier killer has gotten after specific perk nerfs.

    There's still god survivors that turn this game into a joke and voice comms still make certain killers unplayable, but I almost never see that nowadays. I see other players, even supposedly experienced killers say every killer match is still almost impossible, and I wonder if these killers are just.. not very good but think they are.

    This will sound egotistical. But am I just a way better killer than I thought and a lot of these killers are bad? Or is there THAT big of a difference between player skill in different continents? Because I was always told EU dbd was way sweater, but I've been on it for years and its only gotten easier and easier.

    I've never felt more disconnected from the dbd community as I do currently. People still scream for more survivor nerfs, but at this point all thats needed it killer buffs against SWF really. Solo survivor is by far the worst and least viable its ever been. And 95% of killer matches at ANY rank are one sided stomps.

    I don't even enjoy killer anymore as I never even get tough matches nowadays, at any time of day or week. Even if I do get 1 or 2 insanely good survivors that make me sweat, their teammates will inevitably suck and feed me the game.

    When playing solo Q I don't mind at all if I die. Also I wouldn't like having anywhere above 35-40% chance of survival as that would make surviving unrewarding.


    I never played a full sweat build on survivor because I was confident in my skill alone do to well-> at least a full gen on my own & some progression on an other one, a good minute worth of chase + 2 heals+ is good enough for me as survivor and I feel like I had a good game regardless of the outcome.


    When playing killer it really suck having to face strong survivor perk that require little to no skill (eg: pre nerf DS that could be abused badly) & feel cheated even if I get a 2k because that mean I played really well but on the contrary if I get a 2k but survivor didn't have 16 meta perk I feel it was a really nice game all around.


    As for 4k sometime it's just survivor playing like complete potatoes and sometime it's just you playing really well and survivor not having super strong perk and making 1 or 2 costly mistake.

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2083566#Comment_2083566

    We must be playing in different universes or something. Old Ruin was better for setup killers but you cannot tell me with a straight face that new ruin is weaker.

    As someone who can consistently hit Great skill checks, old Ruin was a complete joke, and I'd often go entire gens without losing any progression at all. At least now, its active wether a team is good at skill checks or not, with the trade off of needing to actually chase them off.

    New Ruin is absolute trash. It does nothing when a survivor hugs a gen. Now asking, that killers need to chase survivors off the gens is a insult to every killer who used Undying Ruin. Because guess what, killers did exactly that, survivors didn´t like it and got it nerfed. The new Ruin was only good in combination with the old Undying.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    You cant just play one side.

    I became a better survivor from playing killer.

    I became a better killer from playing survivor.

    Welcome to life, get out of your comfort zone.

    The benefit of flexing is understanding the strengths and weaknesses better as well as seeing what it's like in someone else's shoes.

    A small fraction of survivors are really good, maybe better than you, let go of your stupid pride, you got beat fair and square in a game. Why are killers being victimized?

    This. 90% of the time you can tell someone only players survivor/killer by their opinions of cerain killer/perks or balance changes. And in that case you should take nothing they say seriously.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2084320#Comment_2084320

    New Ruin is absolute trash. It does nothing when a survivor hugs a gen. Now asking, that killers need to chase survivors off the gens is a insult to every killer who used Undying Ruin. Because guess what, killers did exactly that, survivors didn´t like it and got it nerfed. The new Ruin was only good in combination with the old Undying.

    "Now asking, that killers need to chase survivors off the gens is a insult to every killer who used Undying Ruin."

    Oh, wow, the Killer has to apply pressure. Sorry that Killers have to do something to get their Kills.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2084434#Comment_2084434

    "Now asking, that killers need to chase survivors off the gens is a insult to every killer who used Undying Ruin."

    Oh, wow, the Killer has to apply pressure. Sorry that Killers have to do something to get their Kills.

    I didn't want to tell them that literally nobody is worried as to whether or not they insult old ruin/undying users lol.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2084434#Comment_2084434

    "Now asking, that killers need to chase survivors off the gens is a insult to every killer who used Undying Ruin."

    Oh, wow, the Killer has to apply pressure. Sorry that Killers have to do something to get their Kills.

    Oh its not the applying pressure that bothers killers. It´s the complaints from survivors and the nerfs, when killers actually did what was requested from them.

    Because apparently, cleansing totems was to much to ask for from survivors. But that is a whole different thread, isn´t it?

  • @VikingWilson said:

    Zubat? 73% of his content is him just sitting there playing and not talking at all. Get outta here with that Zubat and yeah, I pulled that number out of my ass: 43% of statistics are made up 38% of the time.

    Hmmm... Sounds 78% legit.

    👌🏽

  • @CustomerService said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2083258#Comment_2083258

    You have 4k usually because everyone does. You're really nothing special or "good" at the game. Sorry to burst your bubble mate. Death rate for everyone in general is above 80% and except fresh killers who just bought the game, -everybody- gets 3-4k every single match.

    If you play killer regularly and not get 3-4k every single match you are doing something very wrong, or you're doing it on purpose and let them survive. And except for the Nurse and maybe Billy and Huntress, the rest of the killers carry themselves. Example, you can have a survivor main who barely touches killer switch to Freddy or Spirit, and after 3 matches they automatically 4k every single game. It really involves no skill or ability to "win" as killer in this game dude.

    LOL sry but this is complete BS. It's true that 4k's happen more often than 0k's (for me) but i can tell you that here in EU at rank 1, you play against very good survivors sometimes and if you get a bad map and play a killer like Ghostface or Wraith, it's not unlikely that you don't 4k against those. I even lose with Spirit from time to time if i make more than one mistake. Just have a bad start, don't find anyone early or get pallet-pre-dropped for 1 minute and you have a massive disadvantage. Good survivors play extremely save and then it becomes a game of patience.

  • @solidhex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2083271#Comment_2083271

    LOL sry but this is complete BS. It's true that 4k's happen more often than 0k's (for me) but i can tell you that here in EU at rank 1, you play against very good survivors sometimes and if you get a bad map and play a killer like Ghostface or Wraith, it's not unlikely that you don't 4k against those. I even lose with Spirit from time to time if i make more than one mistake. Just have a bad start, don't find anyone early or get pallet-pre-dropped for 1 minute and you have a massive disadvantage. Good survivors play extremely save and then it becomes a game of patience.

    If you change it to "4ks happen all the time", "You barely find good survivors at rank 1 in Europe" and "maybe you lose 1 out of 100 games as Spirit". Yes, I agree.

1 2 ›