Scott jund j-flick talk (please stop talking about it...)
https://youtu.be/T7XkkIDg8H0
Its an exploit so is stretched. Itll be removed mclean confirmed it. It doesnt make you a better blight since it gives you less counterplay and straight up allows you to completly ignore loops like T and L walls. And if you gloat about doing it and say every other blight is bad because they don't cheat (just like survivors who brag about stretched) whos the one cheating? All there is to it. Take it from probably one of the better blights out there i guess. Stop cheatin.
Tagged:
Trusted
Comments
Nah i just felt itd be right for a guy who literally mains blight at the highest level to talk about a exploit on his main character. Itd be like if trapper had a exploit getting otzs opinion. Its just nice to hear what they have to say.
Great video.
Shares my thoughts to a T.
“Its an exploit so is stretched. Itll be removed mclean confirmed it.”
Of course it’s getting removed, of course it is. Quickly discovered, quickly removed.
Notice how in the same sentence we have another exploit that has been around a lot longer yet is given the green light by McLean and the rest of the developers?
Once again an exploit is perfectly fine as long as it’s on the survivor side. These people intentionally keep the killer experience ######### so that survivors have more fun dunking on them and buying cosmetics
Come on,could you all just stop with this "Devs only care about survivors!" mindset?
I mean if all you can do is parrot someone elses opinion rather than have your own I don't really know if thats an opinion I can respect, you basically just regurgitated what was in the video. Also he forgot the locker exists in all LT wall tiles that would have made it much more consistent for people who don't want to risk J-flicks.
And yes I said risk J-flicks because its not a guarantee like he says, and im not going to take it from scott who as much as I love his content, he doesn't fully understand J-flicks, scott plays blight but his points about j-flicking tells me that he lacks complete understanding of them before he formed an opinion on them, they are not a guarantee they are a risk if you j-flicked for the window thats all you could do you couldn't branch off to try and hit the window fake if you wanted to it doesn't cover all his options, it just widens his answers to situations.
I don't wanna call you out but you're blatantly wrong because
You know what the devs do when there's map specific bugs that greatly benefit survivors (Broken coliision on objects, spots where you can't hit them)
They disable those maps. Almost instantly.
At the very least Scott tries to be more impartial which is nice. Tru3's an alright guy but his fanbase is truly insufferable. Surprised they haven't started wearing bullseye shirts and tattooing "victim" on their foreheads.
Also,remember the time when there was a not cleanseable totem spot on Coldwind?
They didn't disable it until it got fixed so i guess the devs are clearly killer sided
I'm hoping one day we get some insane dumb bug for both sides that doesn't get fixed for ages, and we get some sort of Superhero VS teammup where both sides finally realise the devs are the real problem.
Mmm yes
victimhood.
There was something like this at the beginning of DbD called the "Dark Times" if i remember correctly.
And it's not even the devs.They all seem to be great people that love this game.
It's rather the higher ups at BHVR that are responsible for the current state of DbD.
Oh yeah the devs I've watched on stream and few I've interacted with are all chill people. Its just the things they prioritse are bizarre sometimes.
When they fix stretched res exploit I will change my mindset. Until then I see nothing that proves me wrong
I think they should just increase angle of lunge by a little bit and remove the exploit. you shouldn't need 4000+ DPI macro to hit survivors that hide near a rock. I think Scottjund is missing the point that these objects are often connected to a loop after you go in fatique. It is basic reason why Blight is not top-tier. If blight could hit survivors from every angle with correct bounces, He would be top-tier. The 3rd best killer in the game.
Like red forest? Thats because it was game breaking and allowed the game to be held hostage indefinitely.
When its lesser exploits, one side really does get priority. Again look at how fast they reverted the animations because survivors complained, killers have complained about a lot recently and been given the cold shoulder
I dont know why this surprises you. Just look at the daily player counts and the queue times
People buy DBD to play survivor
People boot up DBD to play survivor
Survivor cosmetics sell far more than killer cosmetics
Therefore prioritising the survivor experience is more important for the continued revenue of the game.
Why wouldn’t they prioritise the survivor experience? Its the single reason most players buy and boot up the game.
Excuse me?
There have been a TON of killer issues that have been fixed in the past.
Also,stretched res can be exploited by killers too.Already seen some people with that.
His points where valid and he showed WHY it was unfair. He's got my vote. I was with the J-Flick for awhile there because no one would explain WHY it was so bad but instead, needs to be removed because they said so. That's not a good way of trying to get something fixed. His diagram puts it in a nice little bow and makes it very easy to understand. Fair enough.
Just gonna
https://www.twitch.tv/ascensionwho/clip/CooperativeGracefulDragonSuperVinlin-qWv0bEdsuF-mLnUV?filter=clips&range=7d&sort=time
Just be psychic 4head.
Devs should have just gone the mordhau route and hard locked it. In that game once you start that weapon swing EVERYONE is on equal ground.
If knowing that you can press A on your keyboard to cancel a J-flick and then doing that is being psychic, I shudder at the sheer brainpower you need to actually play the game.
Just last night I was looking up the Switch version of the game and it got a couple of poor reviews on Metacritic. I had to laugh that one of the reviews was something like "THIS GAME IS ONLY FOR SURVIVORS THE DEVS DON'T CARE ABOUT THE KILLERS" and then like half a screen below it was someone else saying something like "ALL THE DEVS DO IS BUFF THE KILLERS AND IGNORE THE SURVIVOR PART OF THE GAME".
I laughed. It kind of summarized the DBD community in a nutshell.
Yep,i've never seen so much victim mentality in a game like i do in DbD
Honestly I do think the devs care a little more about survivor, but not to the extreme people are saying. If they did only care about survivors DS would still be how it was. Doc and Freddy never would have been buffed a few years ago (although Freddy went too far). They never would have done little buffs to Twins through the updates since their release (not every update but many).
Oh, pretty sure you wont change your mindset at all.
So we're gonna stop talking about it by posting about it?
Yeah I mean I'm new so I have no right to sound authoritative here but (I've mentioned this elsewhere) I used to moderate the THQ forums back when they were publishing wrestling games and I saw the "us vs. them" mentality all the time. I thought "what a bunch of whiny, petulant, petty complaints some of these people make". And that was coming from someone who was a fan of those very same games. I have to admit, I see a lot of the same thing going on here. Survivor and Killer mains both seem to be under the impression that they're overlooked, that the devs only care about the other side, etc. I have no question that there are some valid complaints on both sides (this is a difficult game to find a perfect balance in, after all. You can't please everybody) and I'm not pointing fingers at anyone specifically, I just see a lot of dismissive and even spiteful comments describing the "other side" as if they're an inferior race or something. It's silly. I mean at the end of the day this is just a game and we're all just here to have fun.
To be fair someone was posting about the exploit in another thread and it just kept going in circles until a mod closed it. The exploit will apparently be elimintaed, so it's kind of a moot issue.
That's because they won't ever address stretched res :)
Finally i know what a J-flick even is.
The reason one is still here and the other is getting removed “soon” is because it’s the only option for some people with irregular aspect ratios (square shaped monitors as opposed to rectangular). It’s an external solution to a problem that can’t be easily dealt with. The devs would have to make more display options which takes more work than simply locking the turning angle on Blight. Use your brain, please, and stop making every be a survivor/killer battle. It’s pretty pathetic.
There are options and workarounds do your research. It's not impossible to solve at all. Everyone keeps trying to downplay the advantage it provides and yet all the tryhards, tourney players, and survivors with 6000 hours insist on using it. Hmm, really makes you think....
“There are options and workarounds”
*doesn’t list said options or their viability*
Like I said, Blight’s turning is significantly easier to find a solution for than irregular aspect ratios.
No one said it’s impossible, but you know BHVR is extremely slow to make changes and so obviously the easier thing will probably come first.
Stop generalizing as well, it doesn’t help your argument.
The difference beeing, while Tru3 may be a little arrogant sometimes, his arguments are almost always strong. With Scott however, this is not really the case. I remember his arguments concerning Spirit, which were just from a logical standpoint outright dumb even though he was right about Spirit beeing OP (Your thesis can be right, but your arguments still may be dumb). Same goes with the Trickster and Plague comparison. I never understood that one. HOWEVER i basically agree with Scott almost 100% here.
They can code a turn limitation into Blight.
How can they possibly prevent a player from stretching their screen resolution?
Stretched res would be way harder to fix I’d imagine
Think the reason why we see very rare Tru3 posts here these days is because people know that Tru3 always goes on a tantrum when going against good teams, and I can't even remotely try to watch him these days with all the complaining. He's at least watchable when not playing DBD
I don't think there's a way other than to force letterboxing on resolutions to maintain a 16:9 aspect ratio which I...think is possible? The game might already be doing that but I'm not sure. And I think there's even a way around that so...I got nothing lmao.
I think ardetha suggested a fix to make it so all resolutions show a fixed amount no matter what resolution your on (this obviously scales based on your native resolution though) games like fortnite lock what it shows for instance to prevent stretch.
But itll always show the same amount. Itd require them making it look the same for all resolutions though whichll take a while (never knowing bhvr)
https://youtu.be/szAzuH1uLB8I hope this is the last day we see J-flick related posts.
Nevermind, hoping is pointless nowadays.
Same,never thought a topic could get as annoying as the "Nerf DS,NOED,Spirit" threads we were dealing with before that.
Honestly, that very adequately sums up my feelings about his J-flick, although I'm less in the "I don't care" camp and more in the "cheat if you want but call a kettle a kettle" camp.
You can absolutely adjust your trajectory mid-Lethal Rush lunge. J-flicking doesn't change that or interact with that at all, meaning you can absolutely get survivors without them ever being able to dodge if you position yourself right, as any decent Blight would.
Or to put it another way, if the Blight aims for the wall just to the right of the window, nothing the survivor does ever matters.
As a person with 10k lethal rush hits who discussed it with another person who has 40k lethal rush hits, im going to say the answer of no, other than a small adjustment of 5° or so if you commit to a j-flick theres no turning back from that or converting it into something else and the hitbox of the rush is only large right at the start and only a little bigger at the end so that survivor isn't getting hit if you predict wrong, if blight j-flicks for the window he will only hit the window, if he flicks for the totem/spot where boxes usally spawn next to the window he will hit there instead, not both, and never has it been both, and even then the LT wall tile can still be played by running the top of the T, hitting the top of the L, hitting the locker, then rushing based on where the survivor is in that exact scenario for a guaranteed hit, j-flicks only have the potential to do a risky hit to speed up a chase they are never a guarantee due to counterplay and how skilled you need to be to do it consistently and are usually a risk in any senario they are used in, for riskier but more fun and rewarding gameplay
Nah you riding jk
Really? Many of the threads talking avout it explained what it is and even posted videos of it being done and how.
Even a quick google of it will tell you what it is.
If you aim to the right of the window, the survivors can only avoid getting hit by cornering up, because you have considerably more control over a lethal rush than you are pretending. You absolutely have enough of a turning radius and hitbox width to hit the survivor of they try to take the window or fake it to the right. The only way for the survivor to avoid getting hit is to immediately corner up, in which case you hit them anyway with a basic attack because you can bodyblock the window during your cooldown and they can't make distance anywhere.
Perhaps you should put a little more effort into learning what basekit Blight can do instead of relying on an exploit.
Corning up is riskier but more guaranteed to make the blight go into fatigue, but not following a beaten path or being farther ahead of the blight pretty much guarantees safety, you are to ingrained into your ways where being trying to be overly optimal is hurting your potential to outplay the other side that you can't even see all the options available you only saw the window and the rounding and think a j-flick can do both but even if it can, it can't hit anywhere in the middle of the tile at the same time, there is oppertuninty to outplay you just can't see it
best way to outplay a survivor who only sees the options as window or round the tile is to risk a j-flick, best way to outplay a blight who j-flicks is to stray from the beaten path, if you think the blight is going to j-flick start rounding the corner then immediately break away from the wall towards the middle of the tile and the blight will miss, after that you have 3 options at all times to outplay the blight on that tile which is a 33/33/33 to outplay a killer who j-flicks which is pretty good odds which by then will force them to play more basekit only and conservatively with j-flicks unless you become predictable
It's about Blight, so i didn't care.
Then this thread popped up (and i still didn't know what it was, so for all i knew, it could've been a thing for all Killers), so i thought: "Fine, guess i'll see what all the fuss is about."