Killers behavior has been absolutely disgusting lately

All I’m seeing lately from killers is face camping and hard tunneling along with them trying to hold the game hostage and anytime any survivor escapes they start sending messages to every survivor on the team telling them to kill themselves, that they suck, and that they are horrible human beings. It’s gotten to the point where I don’t want to play this game anymore since the killer mains can’t seem to act like anything but 12 year old children that think they deserve everything in the world. It’s even more depressing that this isn’t just happening at the los ranks but at red ranks too as I am a rank 1 survivor and still see this behavior from rank 1 killers constantly.

Comments

  • @sesawyer3127 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2067163#Comment_2067163

    Umm no this particular game he hooked and camped then sat there when others tried to get the rescue and downed two other players. So yes it does happen. This is expressly why I run Kindred to see if he is camping so I can just continue on my gen.

    That quite clearly is a failure on the part of the survivors. If 2 different survivors manage to get downed while trying to unhook, that is solely down to their own mistakes.

    Unless both survivors were injured ( in which case they shouldn't have been going for the rescue), then how did a killer with no instadown manage to possibly get both of them?

  • In my experience the behaviour of survivor is worse. I play on Ps4 and i got not one message from a killer after the match, but dozens from survivors.

    I had one killer who messaged the entire lobby before the match and said that he will now facecamp. It was such a dumb match (Bubba of course), but i destroyed his ruin next to him and then found the hatch.

    So while killer are sometimes toxic, the majority of toxicity is from survivor.

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/238892/killers-behavior-has-been-absolutely-disgusting-lately

    I did get a toxic message from a Killer earlier who body-blocked me during EGC. I just killed them with kindness and told them “ggwp <3”. They never respond and they can’t really continue the toxicity when you show that you’re unbothered by it.

    respect bro

  • @_HN_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/238892/killers-behavior-has-been-absolutely-disgusting-lately

    Bruh.

    I'm always mindblown by how incredibly entitled and without a shred of selfawarness survivor mains can be.

    Want to know my experience as killer main since Trickster dropped?

    EACH and EVERYONE of my game, with a SINGLE EXCEPTION has been against premades in full ultra sweaty mode... against me, playing the weakest killer to ever graced the face of the game on his day of release with a potato build because the bloodweb is a scam.

    And how do they act against a CLEARLY struggling killer?

    They BM. ALL THE WAY.

    I got the usual "let's swarm and bully the killer" that then act all offended when I react buy playign defensivly on a hook (ofc course calling it face camping, because GOD FORBID I stay next to a hook when I can CLEARLY SEE THEM ALL around me.

    I got 3 time survivors that "stay hidden until the very last second of the collapse just to wast my time, and of course bragging about it in chat afterward.

    Hell, even the very few times where I manage to gain the advantage and have a single survivor get out (mostly because I'm facing potatoes thanks to my elo reaching the negative) I got shittalked to hell and bad, telling me HOW BAD I AM for letting one survivor get away.

    So please, GTFO with your whining okay? Because I to play survivors (quite a lot actually since it's the mod I play when I dont want to have to stress about the bullshit you have to deal when playing killer) and I know from experience that survivors have it way, WAY, WAAAAAAAAAAAAY easier than killers, and if you don't know that it's probably that have zero experience with the other side of the game.

    So survivors can’t vent when they have bad matches but killers can?

  • @AVoiceOfReason said:

    I rarely see toxic killers. Mainly just toxic Survivors in end-game chat.

    This is my experience as well. As a survivor I very rarely see killers insult people in post game chat, but as a killer if I do well I seem to always get the most salty survivors or if I had a bad game, they insult and mock me.

    I've noticed a pattern of newer survivors being nice, but as survivor rank goes up, maturity level goes down and it's the exact opposite with killers. Newer killers are the ones that tend to taunt and insult you after a 4k but high rank killers have been more prone to offer sincere advice, joke around, or let the last survivor go/take them to the hatch.

  • @Marcavecunc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2066963#Comment_2066963

    If I find a wounded survivor with a healthy one nearby I'll try to go for the healthy one. But if I stumble upon the wounded one and no one else is around.. you're going down.

    And honestly, I don't get mad at the killer if I get found and no one else is around while I'm wounded.. I get a bit pissed but heh it's the game

    Why would you do that tho? Intentionally play the game badly?

    Why pretend making the obvious wrong choice here is somehow virtuous and right?

    @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2066963#Comment_2066963

    ”Welp, though luck love, doing stuff you survivor dont like is litterally the job of the killer and whining aobut it just show that you don't understand the point of the game.”

    You Survivors? I literally said nothing and now you’re at me? What makes you think I’m a Survivor Main and why do you assume I’m whining? A Killers job is to kill, period.

    Sure, take it personally, I was totally refering to you and not "the survivors" in general. Ego much?

    @katoptris said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2066732#Comment_2066732

    I don't play with the new killer until I have better perks.

    Welp, good luck with that my dude, I ranked mine to almost 90 by now and I still dont have what I'd call "better perks"

    @LittilAvindar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2066732#Comment_2066732

    I'm always mind-blown at all the excuses killer mains come up with to justify themselves. Survivors were bullying, they bagged me, they were using flashlights, they had a key, they were gen-rushing, they saved in front of my face or when I was heading back to the hook, they were playing x character, they had DS, BT, or UB, the game was clutch, they exist. Let's be real for a sec here: You can play however you want to play; that's unfortunately your prerogative as the killer. Survivors aren't entitled for complaining because they feel like they don't get a choice how they wish to play the game, that the killer dictates the match, apart from hiding (which is bannable as "holding the game hostage and ruining the killer's fun") and what little choice they DO have in the sense of running a particular perk or item, killers cry about it too. It's not JUST entitled survivors.

    Survivors HAVE to get in your face and run around like idiots. It's literally how they rank up for chase. Simply doing their job by finishing gens (which you cry about) and leaving is a win, but doesn't rank them up. If it wasn't for the pip system, literally none of this would be an issue, because people would have nothing to complain about, as there'd be no punishment for losing. As it currently stands, you're punished whether you win or lose, and survivors are forced to compete against their own teammates, and not just the killer.

    Aaaand I stopped afte that very stereotypical survivor main sentence. Sorry honey, killer main dont need to "justify theseslves" for playing the right way, just like they never asked the survivors to "justify thesemves" for genrushing. GTFO with that missplaced morale grandstanding, it's pathetic and extremely out of place.

    @NightWolfsFury said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2066796#Comment_2066796

    My favorite part about survivor is watching the worst survivor on the team who survived by the whole team putting efforts into keeping them alive, will then t-bag at the exit gate and BM. Like, sweetie, you couldn't even run the killer... First off, don't BM. Second, you weren't even good enough to BM to begin with.

    As a survivor main, I always try to be the nice guy at the end of matches and tend to not BM or anything unless the killer is blatantly tunneling me unprovoked or they're playing like a jerk.

    I will occasionally sit at the exit gate if the killer is around to let them get extra hits and BPs, but if they aren't swinging or just standing there, I'll leave since they're not interested.

    DUDE! I think ALL killers can relate to that!

    While I can get being a showoff when you are actually good, it's just mindblowing how often you get "that bushclodette" or "locker dwight", or just the VERY OBVIOUS weak link of the team that you took into pity and just decided he was so harmless that you'll let it go for now, suddenly start talking ######### BIG TIME in post game chat!

    @LeleLP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2066732#Comment_2066732

    So survivors can’t vent when they have bad matches but killers can?

    SURE, this is exactly what I just said.

    Watch out with all that strawmaning tho, you may get a straw in your eye.

  • "KILLERS MAINS ARE POOPY AND EVIL AND SATANIC"

    "SURVIVOR MAINS ARE DUMB SNOWFLAKES WHO WANT TO ESCAPE EVERY GAME"

    Oh grow up people

  • @_HN_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2066974#Comment_2066974

    Why would you do that tho? Intentionally play the game badly?

    Why pretend making the obvious wrong choice here is somehow virtuous and right?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2066976#Comment_2066976

    Sure, take it personally, I was totally refering to you and not "the survivors" in general. Ego much?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2067088#Comment_2067088

    Welp, good luck with that my dude, I ranked mine to almost 90 by now and I still dont have what I'd call "better perks"

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2067100#Comment_2067100

    Aaaand I stopped afte that very stereotypical survivor main sentence. Sorry honey, killer main dont need to "justify theseslves" for playing the right way, just like they never asked the survivors to "justify thesemves" for genrushing. GTFO with that missplaced morale grandstanding, it's pathetic and extremely out of place.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2067254#Comment_2067254

    DUDE! I think ALL killers can relate to that!

    While I can get being a showoff when you are actually good, it's just mindblowing how often you get "that bushclodette" or "locker dwight", or just the VERY OBVIOUS weak link of the team that you took into pity and just decided he was so harmless that you'll let it go for now, suddenly start talking ######### BIG TIME in post game chat!

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2067785#Comment_2067785

    SURE, this is exactly what I just said.

    Watch out with all that strawmaning tho, you may get a straw in your eye.

    Only responding to the list where you quoted me.

    Because I play both sides and I hate being targeted over and over by the killer while they ignore everyone else nearby. I like having fun while I play, it's a game it's meant to be fun, and I rather make it a fun experience for survivors who play against me as well. You don't have to be a tryhard to win games. Just outplay them.

  • @_HN_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2066726#Comment_2066726

    Damn, killer are so good they can "tunnel and camp" A WHOLE team in 2 minutes.

    Talk about survivor lack of contact with reality.

    The translation would be “the killer absolutely destroyed our team and then didn’t let us have a full reset. He is a tunneling, camping, gen patrolling cheater”

    sound about right?

  • @OBX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2066734#Comment_2066734

    The translation would be “the killer absolutely destroyed our team and then didn’t let us have a full reset. He is a tunneling, camping, gen patrolling cheater”

    sound about right?

    God damn dirty killers, tunneling and camping ALL the time at the same time, absolutely disgusting.

  • @Marcavecunc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2068024#Comment_2068024

    Only responding to the list where you quoted me.

    Because I play both sides and I hate being targeted over and over by the killer while they ignore everyone else nearby. I like having fun while I play, it's a game it's meant to be fun, and I rather make it a fun experience for survivors who play against me as well. You don't have to be a tryhard to win games. Just outplay them.

    I dont want to throw any assumption you way, but I guess you aren't very high rank as killer then, right?

    Because past the point where you face potatoes that run around like chicken with their head cut off you WONT have ANY fun if you keep just playing by the survivor rule book, because they, on the other hand, wont give a single thought about what YOUR fun may be.

    And they SHOULDN'T, because it's a competitive assymetrical game where 2 team face eachoters and try to archive conflicting objectives.

    "Just outplay them"

    Yeah... you are definitely not red.

  • @_HN_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2068133#Comment_2068133

    I dont want to throw any assumption you way, but I guess you aren't very high rank as killer then, right?

    Because past the point where you face potatoes that run around like chicken with their head cut off you WONT have ANY fun if you keep just playing by the survivor rule book, because they, on the other hand, wont give a single thought about what YOUR fun may be.

    And they SHOULDN'T, because it's a competitive assymetrical game where 2 team face eachoters and try to archive conflicting objectives.

    "Just outplay them"

    Yeah... you are definitely not red.

    I'm hovering around rank 4-5 lately.

    Just because I don't play to win and give survivors fair chances when I can (I mean if I find the unhooked guy by themselves, sorry you're going back, but if there's others around I'll go for a different target)

    Don't need to win every game to have fun,you know. Sure, it's nice killing everyone, but as long as I'm enjoying myself and getting good chases I couldn't care less if they all survive or not. To each their own ways of playing/enjoying the game.

  • Aight I can get that, but you must understand that you aren't really "playing the game" you are just having having fun your way.

    Nothing wrong with that (unless you are just torlling the game), but you can't compare it to people actually trying to play by the rules and get the win condition defined by the game rules at the end.

  • @fr0sty1223 said:

    All I’m seeing lately from killers is face camping and hard tunneling along with them trying to hold the game hostage and anytime any survivor escapes they start sending messages to every survivor on the team telling them to kill themselves, that they suck, and that they are horrible human beings. It’s gotten to the point where I don’t want to play this game anymore since the killer mains can’t seem to act like anything but 12 year old children that think they deserve everything in the world. It’s even more depressing that this isn’t just happening at the los ranks but at red ranks too as I am a rank 1 survivor and still see this behavior from rank 1 killers constantly.

    Jessh sounds bad people can be toxix

    but killer can only hold one surivor hostage not the game unless you were somehow trapped in a corner as the last surivor otherwise the survivor is at fault for not doing the gens

  • @DemonDaddy said:

    I'll give you that killer play styles can make for an uneventful game and Messages can be toxic on both sides.

    But killers can't hold the game hostage, only Survivors can do that.

    You mean like slugging a survivor and letting them bleed out? That's not holding the game hostage at all.

  • @_HN_ said:

    Aight I can get that, but you must understand that you aren't really "playing the game" you are just having having fun your way.

    Nothing wrong with that (unless you are just torlling the game), but you can't compare it to people actually trying to play by the rules and get the win condition defined by the game rules at the end.

    I chase people and hook them, how is that not playing by the rules? Just because I don't tunnel people off hook to make it easier on me in the long run doesn't mean I play the game wrong. I can play sweaty if I have dailies or challenges that require me to, but it's not as enjoyable to me.

  • Again, nothing wrong with playing the game in a way you find more enjoyable (and AGAIN as long as it's not just trolling the game like some people like to do), but just because you enjoy a suboptimal way more doesn't mean you are playing the game right.

    And you need to get out of that mentality that "you tunnel to make things easier for you", that's not the case you are just solving the problem logically. Nobody would say a survivor going for a gen 90% done is just "making things easier for him", he is just playing the game in the most logical and efficient way.

  • @_HN_ said:

    Again, nothing wrong with playing the game in a way you find more enjoyable (and AGAIN as long as it's not just trolling the game like some people like to do), but just because you enjoy a suboptimal way more doesn't mean you are playing the game right.

    And you need to get out of that mentality that "you tunnel to make things easier for you", that's not the case you are just solving the problem logically. Nobody would say a survivor going for a gen 90% done is just "making things easier for him", he is just playing the game in the most logical and efficient way.

    Nah, I don't mind the occasional farming game, or letting a survivor away for a reason or another, but in general I do try to kill them all.

    Part of why I try to go for different people was to avoid getting hit by DS though. So now if I find two people working on a generator and one of them is wounded.. I might just go for the easy target 'cause they're fair game now.

  • @Munqaxus

    No it's not. If the killer wants to bleed you out on the ground that's their choice and you can't hold the game hostage in that situation because survivors bleed out and die. I'll agree that depending on how they do it can suck.

    Survivors have the option of dying, killer is at the mercy of survivors whether or not they progress the match to the point where they can quit.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2066708#Comment_2066708

    You mean like slugging a survivor and letting them bleed out? That's not holding the game hostage at all.

    You're right. It isn't. As stated repeatedly by the mods and devs here, the bleed out timer makes it so that the game isn't being held hostage, because it has a specified end, that end being when you die. It's still scummy to do, but not taking the game hostage.

  • @DemonDaddy said:

    I'll give you that killer play styles can make for an uneventful game and Messages can be toxic on both sides.

    But killers can't hold the game hostage, only Survivors can do that.

    I was the last survivor against a spirit, she downed me for first time. She hovered over me as I crawled until I bled out. I consider that holding the game hostage, as I would rather move on but the killer was so petty that he wanted to waste my time.

  • This is not true at all. You play one game with a "tunneling" killer and then hope you can get old DS back by complaining perhaps. I have played lot's of game with new DS as survivor, no problem.

    And as survivor I like new DS a lot more than old one. Now when I heal after getting unhooked I don't feel safe having DS in backpocket like before so it makes the game a tad bit "scary" and I like it!

  • @X_Scott

    They killed you in a way that made their game experience enjoyable, as last down nothing more could be done. Still not held hostage.

    Holding it hostage is a situation where no end result can be reached due to intentional play. Devs have the bleed out so killers can't lock you in a match, you die or escape

  • It's quite sad when I see killers tunnel and camp. I understand why they do it sometimes due to gens flying out faster than they can keep up but when they're doing it at 5 gens. Yeah. That's a no from me. But that's not to say survivors are any better either. Both sides just seem to be holding contests of who's junk is bigger. I mostly play killer now since solo q is nightmare fuel and of course killers antics. Even when I'm losing badly and these past couple days I have as trickster I never camp or tunnel. I've even had survivors post-game ask why I didn't go back to the hook when I saw them going toward it. It's really disappointing that survivors now just expect you to rush back. Me personally I don't play for wins. I play to have fun and laugh at myself when I mess up. It's just a shame there aren't more willing to dial back the sweat for a change.

  • @_HN_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2066914#Comment_2066914

    Tunneling doesn't have to happen when the killer is at the hook. Even if the killer has left the area, coming back to the hook immediately after a save leaves no real opportunity to escape the area, between blood spots, scratch marks, and so on

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/WMKVIYMLIYNR/tenor.gif

    You serious?

    Damn you are way further gone that I initially thought.

    So yeah, to answer your (frankly strange and empty) first question : Yes, I got all that from your first post, and your second proved that I was right, hell, it even proved I didn't realized how much worst you actually were.

    But its pretty clear that you aren't really worth wasting much time trying to reason with, since you seem clearly incapable of such a thing, so let's just quote the very brief and elegant Crowman

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2066844#Comment_2066844

    You need to be careful with what you say. Don't get banned for no reason, please.

  • dont worry, thats normal. i get facecamped every 5th or 4th game

  • @_HN_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2066974#Comment_2066974

    Why would you do that tho? Intentionally play the game badly?

    Why pretend making the obvious wrong choice here is somehow virtuous and right?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2066976#Comment_2066976

    Sure, take it personally, I was totally refering to you and not "the survivors" in general. Ego much?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2067088#Comment_2067088

    Welp, good luck with that my dude, I ranked mine to almost 90 by now and I still dont have what I'd call "better perks"

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2067100#Comment_2067100

    Aaaand I stopped afte that very stereotypical survivor main sentence. Sorry honey, killer main dont need to "justify theseslves" for playing the right way, just like they never asked the survivors to "justify thesemves" for genrushing. GTFO with that missplaced morale grandstanding, it's pathetic and extremely out of place.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2067254#Comment_2067254

    DUDE! I think ALL killers can relate to that!

    While I can get being a showoff when you are actually good, it's just mindblowing how often you get "that bushclodette" or "locker dwight", or just the VERY OBVIOUS weak link of the team that you took into pity and just decided he was so harmless that you'll let it go for now, suddenly start talking ######### BIG TIME in post game chat!

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2067785#Comment_2067785

    SURE, this is exactly what I just said.

    Watch out with all that strawmaning tho, you may get a straw in your eye.

    Yeah, not gonna entertain this.

    You’re way too aggressive and rude.

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2068024#Comment_2068024

    Yeah, not gonna entertain this.

    You’re way too aggressive and rude.

    Kay. Be sure to not step out of that safe space my dude, you may face some bad case of real life that could be too brutal for you.

  • @NightWolfsFury said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2066796#Comment_2066796

    My favorite part about survivor is watching the worst survivor on the team who survived by the whole team putting efforts into keeping them alive, will then t-bag at the exit gate and BM. Like, sweetie, you couldn't even run the killer... First off, don't BM. Second, you weren't even good enough to BM to begin with.

    As a survivor main, I always try to be the nice guy at the end of matches and tend to not BM or anything unless the killer is blatantly tunneling me unprovoked or they're playing like a jerk.

    I will occasionally sit at the exit gate if the killer is around to let them get extra hits and BPs, but if they aren't swinging or just standing there, I'll leave since they're not interested.


    “My favorite part about survivor is watching the worst survivor on the team who survived by the whole team putting efforts into keeping them alive, will then t-bag at the exit gate and BM”

    Literally every single Ash player I’ve ever been matched with.

  • @_HN_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2068992#Comment_2068992

    Kay. Be sure to not step out of that safe space my dude, you may face some bad case of real life that could be too brutal for you.

    Stop making things on a forum about real life. This is a website people gather to discuss DBD. How my life is outside of here is not under your dominion and you know nothing about it. Maybe be less antagonistic when people are trying to discuss things with you here? Your acts won’t get you anywhere but banned/jailed if you keep it up; Just giving a word of advice but of course you are free to dodge it.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2067254#Comment_2067254

    “My favorite part about survivor is watching the worst survivor on the team who survived by the whole team putting efforts into keeping them alive, will then t-bag at the exit gate and BM”

    Literally every single Ash player I’ve ever been matched with.

    I had this exact situation happen with a Claudette. She was on death hook when 4 gens were left. I had Desperate Measures, Botany Knowledge and Self-Care on, so I went out of my way to constantly take protection hits for her, we all had to body block I've hook for her, she got flashlight saved twice, etc. Like it was a full time job keeping this b***h alive. I was in a 3-man SWF here, so we all coordinated really well between saving her and gen pressure.

    What does she do during end-game? Sit at the exit gate t-bagging until end-game collapse timer was almost over...

  • @DemonDaddy said:

    I'll give you that killer play styles can make for an uneventful game and Messages can be toxic on both sides.

    But killers can't hold the game hostage, only Survivors can do that.

    20191212215048_1.jpg

    Hm yes they can. Old screenshot, but bodyblocking people in a place is keeping the game hostage.

  • @FattiePoobum said:

    This isn’t going to make you feel better

    but this is what most killers put up with from survivors on a daily basis.

    Now you are getting a taste of it and you don’t like it

    perhaps think about it and have some humility next time you to go to flame a killer in end chat.

    "Someone was mean to be so I'm gonna be mean to everyone I see" is childish behavior.

    I think everyone who buys the game should show ID proof of being at least 18.

  • @Kellie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2066745#Comment_2066745

    So you're saying that behavior is okay? I know survivors tend to be more toxic than killers but that doesn't excuse someone's toxic behavior over a game like DBD which is a mess right now.

    EXACTLY.

    One of the Main reasons i dont play dbd anymore is the toxicity. Both survs and Killers are Getting more and more toxic

  • @Nun_So_Vile said:

    All these high-rank killers tunneling harder than ever before. Had two games already today out of four against rank 7 and 3 killers who would go out of their way to immediately tunnel a person straight off the hook, even with me getting between them and taking protection hits. Still hard tunneled the survivor. I'm not even mad, I am just disappointed at this point.

    Whats wrong with tunneling?

  • @fr0sty1223 said:

    All I’m seeing lately from killers is face camping and hard tunneling along with them trying to hold the game hostage and anytime any survivor escapes they start sending messages to every survivor on the team telling them to kill themselves, that they suck, and that they are horrible human beings. It’s gotten to the point where I don’t want to play this game anymore since the killer mains can’t seem to act like anything but 12 year old children that think they deserve everything in the world. It’s even more depressing that this isn’t just happening at the los ranks but at red ranks too as I am a rank 1 survivor and still see this behavior from rank 1 killers constantly.

    All I gathered from this post is that you have never played killer for any extended period of time at red ranks.

    I don't face camp or hard tunnel, and I play both sides at red ranks.


    Survivors have it easy compared to killer. Hands down.

  • Survivors: "It's disgusting that killers play the game hard, only survivors are allowed to do that!"

    Also Survivors: earned us a chat censor because they couldn't stop using vulgarity and racial slurs at killers for fun. Because survivors have earned us a toxic reputation which isn't great for business. Many of you only play for the chance to troll and ruin the game for others.

    But yeah, killers are disgusting.

  • @_HN_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2069029#Comment_2069029

    Can you please stop talking to me if its just to grandstand?

    Also, was that a threat? Sounded like a threat to me, better report you just in case, I really feel unsafe.

    Lol.

  • @BubbaDredge said:

    Survivors: "It's disgusting that killers play the game hard, only survivors are allowed to do that!"

    Also Survivors: earned us a chat censor because they couldn't stop using vulgarity and racial slurs at killers for fun. Because survivors have earned us a toxic reputation which isn't great for business. Many of you only play for the chance to troll and ruin the game for others.

    But yeah, killers are disgusting.

    Just some days ago a Blight called me the F slur but yes survivors are toxic. Both sides are, you're delusional to think otherwise.

  • Survivors behaviour is disgusting for a long time, what's new?

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2069327#Comment_2069327

    Just some days ago a Blight called me the F slur but yes survivors are toxic. Both sides are, you're delusional to think otherwise.

    Both sides can be pretty bad, I do agree. I've gotten salty/toxic messages from Killers who are sore winners (never understood why, maybe just to gloat? idk) but Survivor toxicity is so much more common.

    Wish we can all just enjoy this game with no extra toxic exchanges :l

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2069633#Comment_2069633

    Both sides can be pretty bad, I do agree. I've gotten salty/toxic messages from Killers who are sore winners (never understood why, maybe just to gloat? idk) but Survivor toxicity is so much more common.

    Wish we can all just enjoy this game with no extra toxic exchanges :l

    There's way more survivors in a match, and just a killer. so it's easier to get a bad apple on the survivor side.

    And yea this blight that insulted me also won the match. I don't see the point.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2069649#Comment_2069649

    There's way more survivors in a match, and just a killer. so it's easier to get a bad apple on the survivor side.

    And yea this blight that insulted me also won the match. I don't see the point.

    True. Higher chances of getting a message from that side.

    Honestly, it has to be a "let me rub my win in your face" thing.

    Meh. If you're someone like me who doesn't really care, its kind of funny to see.

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2069658#Comment_2069658

    True. Higher chances of getting a message from that side.

    Honestly, it has to be a "let me rub my win in your face" thing.

    Meh. If you're someone like me who doesn't really care, its kind of funny to see.

    I don't get offended easily, it is quite unnecessary though. I have my chat hidden now for the most part, so they can say whatever they want

  • Here's the real difference that survivors LOVE to ignore tho :

    Killers can't really be toxic in-game.

    And before you start it, NO, camping and tunneling isn't toxic, it's a strategy that you can play around.

    Killers dont have the time to BM ingame or they will lose the game.

    On the other side, a STAGGERING amount of survivors go out of their ways to be actively toxic to the killer.

    From the very common Tbaging or blinding on palette drop (and dont even try to pretend the blinding is a strategic move, the number of survivors that actually try to capitalize on that blind I've faced in my 2k hours of play time could be counted on the fingers of a single hand), the emoting, the flashlight clicking, the spam vaulting at the end of the game, the tbaging infront of the door and even some time for the more creative just hiding in a corner during the end game collapse to drag the game as long as possible and rub it in your face (mostly done when you get stomped and had a pretty bad time already).

    And next to that there is the obvious extremely aggressive team comp, like key + map + 2 brand new parts that makes sure the killer start at an insane disadvantage for maximum unfairness, which of course comes with the voice chat that gives yet another unfair advantage.

    And last but not least, the end game chat. I like how you princesses try to pretend "uwu I'm so sad the killer was mean to me" when he is always in inferiority numeric in that chat and will more often than not be dunked on by 4 people.


    So yeah, can killers be toxic? Sure. I'd hargue most of it comes from accumulated frustration created by having to deal with the extremely lack of good sportmanship for the survivors, but still, its there.

    But dont try to pretend its worst or even just equal to the toxicity coming from the survivor side, because it's not.. Its just not.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2069676#Comment_2069676

    I don't get offended easily, it is quite unnecessary though. I have my chat hidden now for the most part, so they can say whatever they want

    Its very unnecessary. I assume its worst on PC? I'm a console player so I can block players from messaging me period but I don't because I don't take it so hard.

    Did they just add the hide chat feature on PC or was it always there? I'm glad you PC players have that option, it'd suck if you had no choice but to see what was written in the chat.

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2069688#Comment_2069688

    Its very unnecessary. I assume its worst on PC? I'm a console player so I can block players from messaging me period but I don't because I don't take it so hard.

    Did they just add the hide chat feature on PC or was it always there? I'm glad you PC players have that option, it'd suck if you had no choice but to see what was written in the chat.

    This is the one advantage to playing on my switch.

    I play xbox at home, switch when working on the road, and I never miss the xbox messages I get telling me what to do with a toaster. I've never received a message on switch, I don't know that it is even possible with Nintendo's archaic social systems.

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2069724#Comment_2069724

    This is the one advantage to playing on my switch.

    I play xbox at home, switch when working on the road, and I never miss the xbox messages I get telling me what to do with a toaster. I've never received a message on switch, I don't know that it is even possible with Nintendo's archaic social systems.

    Wait really?

    I have an Nintendo Switch lite and was thinking about getting DBD on it to play portably whenever I am out and about.

    I'm still new to Nintendo, so I was unaware that the social system was limited like that. I guess I wouldn't complain since the messages you get on DBD can usually be negative.

1 2 3