DS is Trash Perk Now

I wanna swap it with usefull perk. Any idea for last perk? My build for now:


Iron Will + Spine Chill + Spirint Burst

Comments

  • well, that's what happens when you depends on a broken perk. now you will need to play better. too bad

  • @Northener1907 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2064641#Comment_2064641

    I was not using DS boi and killer start chase me after i get save from hook.

    But ye 60 seconds bla bla bla bla. Bye

    Maybe equip a perk that punishes the killer for tunneling you? There's this one that recently got nerfed into it's proper place, I believe it's called... Now what was it... Deliverence Stab? No, no, that's not it... Dead Spin? No, no... Decisive Strike! That's the one!

  • Add fixated to that. Sprint Burst + Fixated is amazing.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2064651#Comment_2064651

    Maybe equip a perk that punishes the killer for tunneling you? There's this one that recently got nerfed into it's proper place, I believe it's called... Now what was it... Deliverence Stab? No, no, that's not it... Dead Spin? No, no... Decisive Strike! That's the one!

    I can stun killer with pallets or i can blind him. Why i have to use DS now? This perks forcing you to be useless and i am team player, so no. And DS has weak power. So it will not worth it. 5 seconds stun, are you kidding me? Only one time. It is waste of slot. And DS is not anti-tunnel perk. It is trash now.

  • @Northener1907 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2066543#Comment_2066543

    Because it is, let me explain.

    Old DS was also not perfect perk but 60 seconds protection was not bad. But it nerfed now. Now if you wanna protection you have to be useless.

    And people keep saying it is anti-tunnel perk. No! It never was anti-tunnel perk. Because if killer tunnel you DS cant punish him. Killer will get just one stun and that is nothing actually. If i get out one survivor i will take risk and i will get just one stun for 5 seconds. And then i can keep chase and kill this survivor. If we wanna this perk really " anti-tunnel " it need buff now. Make stun time longer and make killer blind and make it for all hooks. And then it will be really anti-tunnel and killer will get punish for tunnelling. If killer wont tunnel perk will be useless, so fair. And if survivor do gen, heal or another stuff that mean surv is not tunnelling and surv will lose ds power for this hook. But for now it is just forcing you to be useless. And i saw so many killers just acting like leave and when survivor start something coming back to tunnel. Killers abuse it now. So that perk is waste of slot for now. If tunnel problems get more they will need buff it.

    Lol. Ok, gotcha

  • @Northener1907 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2066543#Comment_2066543

    Because it is, let me explain.

    Old DS was also not perfect perk but 60 seconds protection was not bad. But it nerfed now. Now if you wanna protection you have to be useless.

    And people keep saying it is anti-tunnel perk. No! It never was anti-tunnel perk. Because if killer tunnel you DS cant punish him. Killer will get just one stun and that is nothing actually. If i get out one survivor i will take risk and i will get just one stun for 5 seconds. And then i can keep chase and kill this survivor. If we wanna this perk really " anti-tunnel " it need buff now. Make stun time longer and make killer blind and make it for all hooks. And then it will be really anti-tunnel and killer will get punish for tunnelling. If killer wont tunnel perk will be useless, so fair. And if survivor do gen, heal or another stuff that mean surv is not tunnelling and surv will lose ds power for this hook. But for now it is just forcing you to be useless. And i saw so many killers just acting like leave and when survivor start something coming back to tunnel. Killers abuse it now. So that perk is waste of slot for now. If tunnel problems get more they will need buff it.

    So basically you want a version of ds where it does all the work for you, you don't have to worry about when to use it, or what to do after using it.

    That's not how perks work.

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2067629#Comment_2067629

    So basically you want a version of ds where it does all the work for you, you don't have to worry about when to use it, or what to do after using it.

    That's not how perks work.

    I was using it for end games because usually killers camping in end game when they get someone down. And when someone trying help just they swapping hook. And then who has ds saves teammate on hook and killer was punishing for camp & tunnel. But now it is useless. Because if i save my teammate i will lose ds and i will get hook. That perk is unhealthy and useless now. So i removed it.


    And there is Ruin & NOED doing everything for killers but i never see killers said those perks unhealty. Just scare survivors and make them leave to gen. And hex ruin will do everything for you lol.

  • my to-go build for Solo q is:

    Iron Will - Spine Chill - Detective's Hunch - Kindred Or Dead Hard (depends on if i feel to play as a team or for myself)

  • @Northener1907 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2067695#Comment_2067695

    I can stun killer with pallets or i can blind him. Why i have to use DS now? This perks forcing you to be useless and i am team player, so no. And DS has weak power. So it will not worth it. 5 seconds stun, are you kidding me? Only one time. It is waste of slot. And DS is not anti-tunnel perk. It is trash now.

    You're complaining about being tunneled and actively refusing to use DS. Need I say more?

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2067717#Comment_2067717

    You're complaining about being tunneled and actively refusing to use DS. Need I say more?

    Ofc i will complain lol They nerfed it so hard but with 0 zero buff. When killers get nerf they usually have buffs too. But they nerfed survivors so hard. BT was good perk for camping but now it only saves who is on hook. For killer nothing changing because he will still have on hook (who came to save).


    DbD has great exp for solo survivors but yes lets nerf it harder. Because %5 of survivors (SWF teams) makes killers sad. How fair lol

  • @Northener1907 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2067823#Comment_2067823

    Ofc i will complain lol They nerfed it so hard but with 0 zero buff. When killers get nerf they usually have buffs too. But they nerfed survivors so hard. BT was good perk for camping but now it only saves who is on hook. For killer nothing changing because he will still have on hook (who came to save).

    DbD has great exp for solo survivors but yes lets nerf it harder. Because %5 of survivors (SWF teams) makes killers sad. How fair lol

    So you're mad because your broken toy got taken away? Aww, how sad. My heart bleeds for you. Don't complain about tunneling so much.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2067834#Comment_2067834

    So you're mad because your broken toy got taken away? Aww, how sad. My heart bleeds for you. Don't complain about tunneling so much.

    I am also started tunnel on my killer games. DS is not danger anymore lol

    Just one stun (if they have ds) and then i can kill them. And do you know? It is really working

  • @Northener1907 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2067857#Comment_2067857

    I am also started tunnel on my killer games. DS is not danger anymore lol

    Just one stun (if they have ds) and then i can kill them. And do you know? It is really working

    And now you have shifted your entire position.

  • No i dont think so. If devs giving you advantage for easy games ofc people will use this. Now Gold Age for Tunnelling.

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2064618#Comment_2064618

    Its not though. And it never did, thats the problem.

    DS is now supposed to be soley an anti-tunnel perk (no longer an anti-momentum perk). It was heavily nerfed without any buffs to compensate.

    Considering you literally cant do anything and maintain DS it should have been heavily buffed to compensate. It doesnt stop tunneling. It buys you a couple of seconds before you get hooked again. It should at least activate twice and have a longer stun duration. Heck, at this stage I'd nearly be okay with it teleporting the survivor across the map when it activates because right now it does nothing to stop tunneling and killers know that.

    Anti-momentum perk... why the hell should we have this kind of perk?

    Wanna hear killer equivalent perk like this? Each time a gen is done, every other gens instantly regress 50% progress. Anti-momentum, right? Definitely fair.

    This kind of perk should never, EVER, exist in the first place. The fact it existed for 4 years is already a miracle, and you guys are so boosted by this broken perk.

  • @HellDescent said:

    Why is it a trash perk?

    Because at least BT, DH, prove thyself, SB, resilience, kindred, adrenaline, iron will, bond, inner strength, lithe, spine chill, unbreakable, we'll make it and WGLF are better now, and you only have 4 slot. If you have 20, probably it would be a good perk.

  • @valvarez4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2066543#Comment_2066543

    Because at least BT, DH, prove thyself, SB, resilience, kindred, adrenaline, iron will, bond, inner strength, lithe, spine chill, unbreakable, we'll make it and WGLF are better now, and you only have 4 slot. If you have 20, probably it would be a good perk.

    Ds does exactly what it is supposed to do - it prevents you from being tunneled and it adds an obsession.

  • @HellDescent said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2067944#Comment_2067944

    Ds does exactly what it is supposed to do - it prevents you from being tunneled and it adds an obsession.

    And now you can see more prove thyself than DS. I'm not saying it doesn't do what it has to do, I'm saying the perk is trash now.

  • @Northener1907 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2067898#Comment_2067898

    No i dont think so. If devs giving you advantage for easy games ofc people will use this. Now Gold Age for Tunnelling.

    By this insane argument, the golden age of tunneling started two years ago and you still don't have a leg to stand on.

  • @valvarez4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2067994#Comment_2067994

    And now you can see more prove thyself than DS. I'm not saying it doesn't do what it has to do, I'm saying the perk is trash now.

    If the nerf to it that made it so that you couldn't use it to get progress without a care is so bad as to make it trash, then I have to wonder how often you are actually tunneled to the point where you need a perk to deal with it.

  • If you think DS is trash now, then you were probably never that good to begin with.

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2068003#Comment_2068003

    If the nerf to it that made it so that you couldn't use it to get progress without a care is so bad as to make it trash, then I have to wonder how often you are actually tunneled to the point where you need a perk to deal with it.

    I'm in eastern europe servers. If you don't play there I can´t explain it to you without being blocked here (3 times yet). But now, I let the killer kill me and continue with the next match, and I have fun

  • @valvarez4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2068054#Comment_2068054

    I'm in eastern europe servers. If you don't play there I can´t explain it to you without being blocked here (3 times yet). But now, I let the killer kill me and continue with the next match, and I have fun

    I remember now, you are the one who said your tactic for dealing with tunneling was quitting on the first hook, which yeah, definitely don't need a perk to do that.

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2068073#Comment_2068073

    I remember now, you are the one who said your tactic for dealing with tunneling was quitting on the first hook, which yeah, definitely don't need a perk to do that.

    Exactly! If the killer wants an easy game I give it to him/her. And then, I find a better killer to have fun. Yesterday a huntress tunnel a surv twice and then I run in front of her to let her kill me. She didn't know what to do :D. She slug me and finally when she hooked me, I killed myself. 1 min. later I was playing a very good match against a good bubba.

  • @valvarez4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2067994#Comment_2067994

    And now you can see more prove thyself than DS. I'm not saying it doesn't do what it has to do, I'm saying the perk is trash now.

    It's not, the only perk that you might see more is we'll make it

  • @valvarez4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2068081#Comment_2068081

    Exactly! If the killer wants an easy game I give it to him/her. And then, I find a better killer to have fun. Yesterday a huntress tunnel a surv twice and then I run in front of her to let her kill me. She didn't know what to do :D. She slug me and finally when she hooked me, I killed myself. 1 min. later I was playing a very good match against a good bubba.

    You do realize that will just lead to them tunneling more, right? I mean it works so well for them, why stop?

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2068124#Comment_2068124

    You do realize that will just lead to them tunneling more, right? I mean it works so well for them, why stop?

    And I told you, I have no problem with that. If they want to tunnel, then let them tunnel and find another match. That's all. Eventually they wouldn't have fun and let the game.

  • @Healthore77992 said:

    Perk is still doing what was intended to do from the start lol, stop whining.

    literally, couldn't have said it better

  • @Yords said:

    If you think DS is trash now, then you were probably never that good to begin with.

    You cant say " Ds is Trash " because Yords will call you as noob. Never do this mistake wo ho ho ho bye

  • @Northener1907 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2064618#Comment_2064618

    Yea that is why i get hard tunnel today most of my matches, killers know it is useless perk now lol

    If you're getting "hard tunneled" then literally just don't deactivate your perk right away... If it really is a "hard tunnel" they'll be back on you pretty quick so it's not like you're wasting much time - in fact, you'll be wasting the killers time

  • @OmegaXII said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2064649#Comment_2064649

    Anti-momentum perk... why the hell should we have this kind of perk?

    Wanna hear killer equivalent perk like this? Each time a gen is done, every other gens instantly regress 50% progress. Anti-momentum, right? Definitely fair.

    This kind of perk should never, EVER, exist in the first place. The fact it existed for 4 years is already a miracle, and you guys are so boosted by this broken perk.

    You either misread my comments or didnt read them at all. I'm saying I agree that original DS was broken. I'm not saying I want it back. What I am saying is that the current DS does a piss poor job as an anti-tunneling perk - especially compared to other perks like BT. What I want are minor tweaks to make it better as an anti-tunnel perk and to actually help if the person is being legit tunneled - like working off both hooks.

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2067943#Comment_2067943

    You either misread my comments or didnt read them at all. I'm saying I agree that original DS was broken. I'm not saying I want it back. What I am saying is that the current DS does a piss poor job as an anti-tunneling perk - especially compared to other perks like BT. What I want are minor tweaks to make it better as an anti-tunnel perk and to actually help if the person is being legit tunneled - like working off both hooks.

    IMO BT is also broken. You can bodyblock the killer even though the killer is actively trying to not tunnel you.

    I wouldn’t mind DS being better and being basekit, but killers should be buffed overall for it, like pop basekit.

  • @JesseJH28 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2064630#Comment_2064630

    If you're getting "hard tunneled" then literally just don't deactivate your perk right away... If it really is a "hard tunnel" they'll be back on you pretty quick so it's not like you're wasting much time - in fact, you'll be wasting the killers time

    If there would be anti-tunnel perk i would use but there is nothing sadly. People saying DS is anti-tunnel but it is useless and also not anti-tunnel perk.

  • @Northener1907 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2067786#Comment_2067786

    I was using it for end games because usually killers camping in end game when they get someone down. And when someone trying help just they swapping hook. And then who has ds saves teammate on hook and killer was punishing for camp & tunnel. But now it is useless. Because if i save my teammate i will lose ds and i will get hook. That perk is unhealthy and useless now. So i removed it.

    And there is Ruin & NOED doing everything for killers but i never see killers said those perks unhealty. Just scare survivors and make them leave to gen. And hex ruin will do everything for you lol.

    Both of these perks can be cleansed.

  • @Northener1907 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2067823#Comment_2067823

    Ofc i will complain lol They nerfed it so hard but with 0 zero buff. When killers get nerf they usually have buffs too. But they nerfed survivors so hard. BT was good perk for camping but now it only saves who is on hook. For killer nothing changing because he will still have on hook (who came to save).

    DbD has great exp for solo survivors but yes lets nerf it harder. Because %5 of survivors (SWF teams) makes killers sad. How fair lol

    You're right about that. People love to forget solo Q exist, so they keep nerfing things that are an issue in SWF, making Solo Q which can be an already crappy experience, even worse.

  • @IMhereRUN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2064618#Comment_2064618

    At start, it wasnt an anti-tunnel perk, which is why you never had to even be hooked to use it. It was designed to be an absolute free 2nd chance crutch.

    Only as of this update, has it ever been intended to strictly be an anti-tunnel perk. But for anti-tunneling, it’s the best perk in the game still.

    People’s real problem with it, is NOW that’s ALL the perk does.

    its been intended as anti-tunnel/farm since the beginning of 2019, not "only as of this update"

    "serves the purpose to protect you from being tunneled/ farmed" - devs, February 2019

    source: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/48381/design-decisive-strike

  • DS is SO trash that apparently surivvors forgot they aren't suposed to unhook infront of you without it.

    I guess years of abusing that perk make them pick up very bad habbits that they have a hard time to get rid off now.

    AT LEAST pick DS if you are going to do that guys.

  • @Northener1907 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2067898#Comment_2067898

    No i dont think so. If devs giving you advantage for easy games ofc people will use this. Now Gold Age for Tunnelling.

    DS: still hits tunnelers with the same stun as before.

    This guy: "Golden age for tunneling."

    wat.

  • @MrPenguin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2067910#Comment_2067910

    DS: still hits tunnelers with the same stun as before.

    This guy: "Golden age for tunneling."

    wat.

    I KNOW right?!

    I ended up tunnelling a lot today, not because I was looking to do it, but literally because I keep facing full teams without any obsession, not a single BT but still full of survivor willing to facerush the hook infront of me.

    Like... guys, killers weren't letting you do it because it's fun, but because thos two perks stopped them from doing it.

    And guess what? They still do, so why did you suddenly all stopped using it?!

  • Survivors: "Now EVERY KILLER is tunneling"

    Also survivors: "DS is useless now that I don't bring it, I would bring it if I could abuse the power, but all it can do now is deter tunneling!"

  • @VikingWilson said:

    DS isn't useless, it's only less-abusable by means of not able to work on a generator in front of the killer's face.

    Don't worry, scratch marks now lead deep into rooms a running survivor didn't even enter. BHVR just can't give a killer buff without making something else more difficult.

    I think this has been the case for a while but yeah lmao its hilarious how far they go into rooms that survivors never entered.

  • @VikingWilson said:

    DS isn't useless, it's only less-abusable by means of not able to work on a generator in front of the killer's face.

    Don't worry, scratch marks now lead deep into rooms a running survivor didn't even enter. BHVR just can't give a killer buff without making something else more difficult.

    WAIT A SECOND HERE!

    So I'm not crazy and just suddenly starting to face master ninja that manage to vanish mid chase!

    Something IS up with the scratch marks!

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2067834#Comment_2067834

    You're right about that. People love to forget solo Q exist, so they keep nerfing things that are an issue in SWF, making Solo Q which can be an already crappy experience, even worse.

    I never found SWF fair but some people deserves that. And they will get surprise but SWF teams still abusing DS because they never used it for what it have to be. They are still abusing it to make killer angry. Unbreakable + DS still op. But for solo? Who cares solo survivors right? Solo survivors are just here because of to satisfy the killers egos

  • @Northener1907 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2068769#Comment_2068769

    I never found SWF fair but some people deserves that. And they will get surprise but SWF teams still abusing DS because they never used it for what it have to be. They are still abusing it to make killer angry. Unbreakable + DS still op. But for solo? Who cares solo survivors right? Solo survivors are just here because of to satisfy the killers egos

    Agree. killers always say red ranks are full of bad survs who are there only because of swf. But the number of bad killers in red ranks only because camper and tunneling is the same or bigger. And they think they’re semigods

  • @valvarez4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2069742#Comment_2069742

    Agree. killers always say red ranks are full of bad survs who are there only because of swf. But the number of bad killers in red ranks only because camper and tunneling is the same or bigger. And they think they’re semigods

    As solo experince game is not going good, i can say that my solo survivor exp. I am surviving enough time but game is terrible.


    Well i just have hope for new mmr. If this will not work, i will stop play this game again. Because it is clearly unfair and it is not balanced. I am still playing this game because some of matches are fun with good people, not toxic. Today i faced with swf team as killer. But they werent gen rushing or toxic, they was just forced me to chase. And used some not meta perks. Game was fun. All gens finished, half of them died but i also didnt try to hard because game was fun. But usually 1 chase = 3 gens and that is makes me try harder and kill them early. Because of that i am using end game build. Or when i play as survivor tunnelling most of times. I am taking hit because save my teammate but killer chasing same target. And devs sadly not makes game better. They nerfed DS but they didnt buff it for balance.


    I started this game in 2017 and i played for 2 years before i give break, game was really fun and community was full with good people. But now it is so far from start sadly.

1 2 ›