Tunneling mess

Majority of my matches since the new patch has been shameless hard and soft tunnelling.

A lot of people aren’t running DS anymore and killers already have adapted their play style.

My last couple matches weren’t the healthiest and I see it getting so much more worst.

Just trying to enjoy the game.

Comments

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2065005#Comment_2065005

    "tunneling and camping are legit strategies the same as looping"... big oof

    Nothing "Oof" about it. Also I said and I quote "Tunneling And Camping are Legit strategies the same as Looping and doing your objectives quickly" post the full context next time you try and pull the "lol get a load of this guy" response

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2065005#Comment_2065005

    "tunneling and camping are legit strategies the same as looping"... big oof

    He's literally quoting the dev team there. Do you have information that shows something different?

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2065003#Comment_2065003

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2064992#Comment_2064992

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/SGDAICOZIMFZ/image.png

    I play solo-queue mostly - Completely altruistic build (aside from Lithe).

    I protect my teammates, heal them up (which also benefits me), and just have a good time, usually, regardless of how my teammates or the killer play.

    Crazy, I know.

    Random aside....been getting really good returns on Second Wind....even though it falls apart due to tunneling/bad saves - Guess I'm just lucky ;3

    I was going to respond to cryptic, but your response is better than what I had, so let's go with that.

  • @ImHexyAndINoed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2065049#Comment_2065049

    Nothing "Oof" about it. Also I said and I quote "Tunneling And Camping are Legit strategies the same as Looping and doing your objectives quickly" post the full context next time you try and pull the "lol get a load of this guy" response

    I literally quoted your entire comment - thats what I replied to.

    But equating looping to tunneling and camping is just sad... Looping/chase is one thing. Gens and kills are another. But comparing looping to tunneling and camping... Oof...

  • @ImHexyAndINoed said:

    I dunno what to tell you, Get use to it. Like it or Not Tunneling And Camping are Legit strategies the same as Looping and doing your objectives quickly.

    You don't have to like it, but if it's such an issue play Killer instead, that way you can't be "Tunneled"

    How can you compare looping to camping and tunnelling. Looping generates points for both players. It’s one of the most part of a trial.

    Tunneling is depriving a player out of taking part in the match. It’s not fun to be tunnelled and it’ll more than likely leave the player earning little to no blood points.

    Why should I have to completely stop playing survivor because rank 1 killers won’t stop tunneling.

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2065184#Comment_2065184

    I literally quoted your entire comment - thats what I replied to.

    But equating looping to tunneling and camping is just sad... Looping/chase is one thing. Gens and kills are another. But comparing looping to tunneling and camping... Oof...

    I don’t know if it’s satire what he’s saying comparing tunneling to loop. Must be off his head.

  • @spiritsLeftball said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2065005#Comment_2065005

    How can you compare looping to camping and tunnelling. Looping generates points for both players. It’s one of the most part of a trial.

    Tunneling is depriving a player out of taking part in the match. It’s not fun to be tunnelled and it’ll more than likely leave the player earning little to no blood points.

    Why should I have to completely stop playing survivor because rank 1 killers won’t stop tunneling.

    You don't have to completely stop playing. Nobody is stopping you from playing unless they are at your house unplugging the controller or hacking you, being over dramatic isn't going to change the facts.

    Tunneling has existed and will exist in every multiplayer game that isn't a 1 shot insta-kill scenario. I get tunneled all the time playing support in Overwatch, and playing Survivor here. I deal with both the same way, change tactics, use the tools provided in game, and work with my team. The new ds still works the same in instances where you are being tunneled.

    Also in this game particularly being tunneled out means losing 4 chases. You say looping is one of the most fun parts of the game, well there's 4 opportunities to loop your heart out. Bring ds and you get 5.

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2065184#Comment_2065184

    I literally quoted your entire comment - thats what I replied to.

    But equating looping to tunneling and camping is just sad... Looping/chase is one thing. Gens and kills are another. But comparing looping to tunneling and camping... Oof...

    Because its objective v objective is it not? The Killers job is to Kill by any means necessary, the survivors to survive by any means necessary. Looping is a strat to avoiding the killers, tunneling a strat to kill the survivors.

  • I mean DS still suits its purpose, but why should I run a perk just because killers choose to tunnel? It should just be built in if its that weak. I'd rather run something else and if the killer is scummy, props to him/her.

  • @spiritsLeftball said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2065005#Comment_2065005

    How can you compare looping to camping and tunnelling. Looping generates points for both players. It’s one of the most part of a trial.

    Tunneling is depriving a player out of taking part in the match. It’s not fun to be tunnelled and it’ll more than likely leave the player earning little to no blood points.

    Why should I have to completely stop playing survivor because rank 1 killers won’t stop tunneling.

    You're looping point is fair, I'll give you that. But the rest of what you said, no just no...


    I'm a survivor main 60/40 I get tunneled/camped/facecamped by the daily. I get that it's not fun, but it's a viable strat whether you like it or not. It's on absolutely NOBODY to make sure you have fun. People play games to entertain themselves, that's why even though I'm fine as is when a killer facecamps me. I have no pity genrushing those same players. Do they find it fun? Likely not but it's not my problem, and vice versa


    And you don't, if tunneling such an issue run DS, the only part that was nerfed was the abuseable part, it's still anti tunnel. Here's a Hexy hint to help you through your day:)


    Run inner strength, it keeps you Healed AND dosent disable DS, neato ain't it?

  • @ImHexyAndINoed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2065216#Comment_2065216

    Because its objective v objective is it not? The Killers job is to Kill by any means necessary, the survivors to survive by any means necessary. Looping is a strat to avoiding the killers, tunneling a strat to kill the survivors.

    If we're getting technical about it? Killing is not the objective. It can be "your" personal objective. But lorewise and emblem/point wise/game mechanics? No. The objective is to deprive the other side of hope through multiple interactions. it's not to end the trial ASAP.

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2065258#Comment_2065258

    You don't have to completely stop playing. Nobody is stopping you from playing unless they are at your house unplugging the controller or hacking you, being over dramatic isn't going to change the facts.

    Tunneling has existed and will exist in every multiplayer game that isn't a 1 shot insta-kill scenario. I get tunneled all the time playing support in Overwatch, and playing Survivor here. I deal with both the same way, change tactics, use the tools provided in game, and work with my team. The new ds still works the same in instances where you are being tunneled.

    Also in this game particularly being tunneled out means losing 4 chases. You say looping is one of the most fun parts of the game, well there's 4 opportunities to loop your heart out. Bring ds and you get 5.

    As a Support main in Overwatch . . . oh Jesus H. Christ, yes we do indeed.

  • @Kilmeran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2065269#Comment_2065269

    As a Support main in Overwatch . . . oh Jesus H. Christ, yes we do indeed.

    IKR? Support main since launch here (makes sense, my wow main was priest and resto druid). When I am tunneled in OW though, I just put up the standard "no protection no heal" sign, i.e. switch to damage boost. :)

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2065270#Comment_2065270

    If we're getting technical about it? Killing is not the objective. It can be "your" personal objective. But lorewise and emblem/point wise/game mechanics? No. The objective is to deprive the other side of hope through multiple interactions. it's not to end the trial ASAP.

    Nobody's trying to end the Trial ASAP though, you see the Killer camping as something they're doing just to be a dick over. Which is false. And as for "getting technical" and "That's your personal objective" couldn't that very well be the case as to why the Killer is camping? There objective could very well be "Get a 4K" so they camp to do so. As its subjective like you've said


    "Deprive the other side of hope" lad many survivors see getting camped as a game over. I dunno how you take camping but I'm not exactly ecstatic and thinking "I'll get out of this" whilst Insidious Bubba sings baka mitai in my face. So if camping dosent deprive a side of hope what does?

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2065311#Comment_2065311

    IKR? Support main since launch here (makes sense, my wow main was priest and resto druid). When I am tunneled in OW though, I just put up the standard "no protection no heal" sign, i.e. switch to damage boost. :)

    Same. I started as Support in beta and will always main support, though I am also beast on 76, Junkrat, and Zarya as well.

    I took matters into my own hands, I flipped to Lucio and stick near the middle of the team due to his aura effect. Lucio not meta? Whatever, peeling for your healer has apparently never been meta. 🤣

  • @Kilmeran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2065324#Comment_2065324

    Same. I started as Support in beta and will always main support, though I am also beast on 76, Junkrat, and Zarya as well.

    I took matters into my own hands, I flipped to Lucio and stick near the middle of the team due to his aura effect. Lucio not meta? Whatever, peeling for your healer has apparently never been meta. 🤣

    I do love Lucio, remember Lucio ball? Good times.

  • Yep. And it'll be back in May for the Anniversary Event when they do the daily rotations through all the event modes, and then again in August for Summer Games.

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2065258#Comment_2065258

    You don't have to completely stop playing. Nobody is stopping you from playing unless they are at your house unplugging the controller or hacking you, being over dramatic isn't going to change the facts.

    Tunneling has existed and will exist in every multiplayer game that isn't a 1 shot insta-kill scenario. I get tunneled all the time playing support in Overwatch, and playing Survivor here. I deal with both the same way, change tactics, use the tools provided in game, and work with my team. The new ds still works the same in instances where you are being tunneled.

    Also in this game particularly being tunneled out means losing 4 chases. You say looping is one of the most fun parts of the game, well there's 4 opportunities to loop your heart out. Bring ds and you get 5.

    Omg who’s the dramatic one here :D

    please tell me what tactics and tools you use to stop tunnelling, I’m really interested.

    We all have played killer here and know for a fact that if you are determined to remove a s specific player from the match ASAP a stub from DS won’t stop that.

  • @AsherFrost I have over 300 hours on Lucio right now. I used to main Mercy and Zen, but all the reworks and them not figuring out what do with her . . . I gave up.

    Zen will always be my other main, though.

  • Well I can say, as a shameless soft tunneler, that you are more or less correct. Unfortunately, tunneling is just the most fun way for killers to play the game. It immediately takes the load of generator pressure off of your back, which really lets you loosen up and play relaxed. With three survivors, the game gets exponentially harder for survivors. Get one survivor on the hook, and one has to be doing a generator by themselves, the other has to go for the save, and if they're both injured, they have to heal first, plenty of time for you to scout out and find someone. It's a bit ironic; you use an unfun playstyle so you can have a fun game.

    It's not like DS really dissuaded anybody from tunneling too hard, although I wouldn't want to eat one unless I'm really committed to that one Nea, but yeah, you can expect to see a subway disaster of a tunneling mess in the near future. Even a return to old DS won't solve that.

  • @Kilmeran said:

    @AsherFrost I have over 300 hours on Lucio right now. I used to main Mercy and Zen, but all the reworks and them not figuring out what do with her . . . I gave up.

    Zen will always be my other main, though.

    Lucio, D.Va and Torj are my favorite

  • @spiritsLeftball said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2065269#Comment_2065269

    Omg who’s the dramatic one here :D

    please tell me what tactics and tools you use to stop tunnelling, I’m really interested.

    We all have played killer here and know for a fact that if you are determined to remove a s specific player from the match ASAP a stub from DS won’t stop that.

    If I see someone's on my team being tunneled, I run after them, try and take the protection hit, or pop gens to get their attention. If they are downed I try to save or delay the killer enough for them to wiggle free.

    Don't you?

  • @MarcoPoloYolo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2064470#Comment_2064470

    That's like saying that if survivors hide for several minutes in a match, that you're not getting corrupt value because they never attempted to finish to do generators early game. You got value, it's just not the maximum possible value. Depending on how much the animation of escaping in, we're talking about 16-20m of distance, which should take the average killer 30-35 seconds to close if all the survivor does is hold shift+w, not even counting reaching loops. If you're annoyed at tunneling, and want to punish the killer for chasing you off of hook, DS is the way to go. Oh yeah, and it's a disgusting endgame perk still since it's a guaranteed escape if the gate's 99%.

    DS needed this change. If you look back on the wiki originally, when it was a flat second-chance perk it could be mitigated by enduring, and skill check builds could counter it. Ever since it became a "anti-tunnel perk" the perks killers could bring to counter it no longer could, but it got that ridiculous timer with 0 context causing it to potentially be better than the earlier iterations since it was still basically a second chance perk, but lacking any counters. This also caused it to effectively be an insanely powerful slowdown perk in favor for the survivors since the killer would be forced to slug even if it wasn't the best scenario to. DS needed this change, and good riddance. I can see some elements that could be changed (like self-healing not canceling it), but yeah, it's still a strong perk. It's just not in the category of "so stupidly powerful, you'd have to be stupid if a team with 3-4 loose with it."

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2064926#Comment_2064926

    That's not just tunneling, but BHVR's flawed design process. Core issue with game? Sell a perk that deals with the flaw instead of changing the base mechanics of the game gradually as the problems appear. Not enough perk slots for this to be dealt with? Want unique builds that don't cause you to loose because of said core game flaws? Too bad. Other than exhaustion perks and iron will, survivor meta perks tend to be the ones that deal with core issues. The killer meta perks tend to be slowdown or slugging perks because of the gen vs chase time issues. The exception for killer being information perks to give themselves more map awareness.

    Yes if you run corrupt and the survivors hide for 2 mins and during that time you find no one. Then no you didn’t get any value out of corrupt at all. But the difference is how often does that happen, not even 1% of the time.

  • @Mugombo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2065069#Comment_2065069

    Yes if you run corrupt and the survivors hide for 2 mins and during that time you find no one. Then no you didn’t get any value out of corrupt at all. But the difference is how often does that happen, not even 1% of the time.

    I disagree. If they're hiding, they're not doing gens, and corrupt has prevented the gens from being completed before I find the first survivor. This increases the odds that I get into a chase at about the same time as gen progress begins, whereas it would have happened before. The result is value by warding off the worst case scenario, but it's less value than ideal.

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2065364#Comment_2065364

    If I see someone's on my team being tunneled, I run after them, try and take the protection hit, or pop gens to get their attention. If they are downed I try to save or delay the killer enough for them to wiggle free.

    Don't you?

    If I see someone being tunneled in mucho team I kill myself at first hook.

  • @valvarez4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2065434#Comment_2065434

    If I see someone being tunneled in mucho team I kill myself at first hook.

    Then I sincerely hope we are never teamed together when I am playing Survivor. Can't abide selfish people who don't know the meaning of teamwork.

  • @MarcoPoloYolo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2065679#Comment_2065679

    I disagree. If they're hiding, they're not doing gens, and corrupt has prevented the gens from being completed before I find the first survivor. This increases the odds that I get into a chase at about the same time as gen progress begins, whereas it would have happened before. The result is value by warding off the worst case scenario, but it's less value than ideal.

    Okay then explain what value you get from equipping DS if you don’t get to use the stun?

  • @Pulsar said:

    Idk why people aren't running DS. It's almost like people only abused it or something.

    it's core functionality of discouraging tunneling is still intact.

    The issue is that people heard, "DS nerf" and decided the perk was dead.

    That's easy because it was never really useful at dealing with tunneling. The big difference is you could do plays (or abuse) with it, like finish a gen or rescue someone (especially during EGC) and still retain DS. Now that's all gone, the perk is just a one-time use chase extender with some conditions like making sure go down within 60s of being rescued, AND that The Killer actually grabs you within the allocated time. Outside of that precise circumstance, DS does nothing. It doesn't matter when you're tunneled on your second rescue, that your chase exceeds 60s and/or The Killer slugs. None of that is tunneling, a tunnel is exclusively for situations where all those conditions are aligned within precisely 60s and even after you use it, the tunnel can (and usually does) continue. Not to mention the best tunnel of the match, the second tunnel where you have nothing.

  • @Mugombo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2065703#Comment_2065703

    Okay then explain what value you get from equipping DS if you don’t get to use the stun?

    The true value of DS was and still is guaranteeing an obsession in the match to deter tunneling someone straight out of the game.

    Not sure how some people can't seem to comprehend this.

    With the DS nerf there are now more games without an obsession and that's a problem.

  • @Pulsar said:

    Idk why people aren't running DS. It's almost like people only abused it or something.

    it's core functionality of discouraging tunneling is still intact.

    The issue is that people heard, "DS nerf" and decided the perk was dead.

    I KNOW RIGHT?!

    It's as if... AS IF, they were making up that whole "tunnel hell" that SUDDENLY befallen them out of nowhere... because DS is now only working on tunnels (and op no counterplay lockers) as intended...


    Really makes you think.

  • @Tizzle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2065779#Comment_2065779

    The true value of DS was and still is guaranteeing an obsession in the match to deter tunneling someone straight out of the game.

    Not sure how some people can't seem to comprehend this.

    With the DS nerf there are now more games without an obsession and that's a problem.

    There are many other perks that put an obsession in the game so that’s not value from DS

  • @Tizzle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2065779#Comment_2065779

    The true value of DS was and still is guaranteeing an obsession in the match to deter tunneling someone straight out of the game.

    Not sure how some people can't seem to comprehend this.

    With the DS nerf there are now more games without an obsession and that's a problem.

    I tried. He is completely incapable of that level of comprehension. He's firmly decided what he thinks, and no amount of logic or reason will ever make him second guess it.

  • I am loving the DS change, being hit by a 59 second ds is far more uncommon now and if you see someone that's working on a gen they can't just sit there being in your face. The game needed this a long time ago, hopefully with this change a lot of killer mains will come back to the game which will also bring the queue times down for survivors.

    Survivors will have to play their games smarter now instead of relying on a busted perk. I definitely felt the difference when playing survivor, but this is certainly a step in the right direction.

  • i was playing killer earlier, i completely ignored the unhooked survivor to chase somebody else, guess what happened, the person who was just unhooked, goes straight to a gen literally 10 metres away from me, like what are you doing? okay im gonna go back to chasing you then, downs and hooks them, they die. they had DS but choose to play in a dumb way.


    shocking that i went for them right? lol

  • @Crypticghoul said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2064960#Comment_2064960

    Sure your argument works for coordinated SWFs but regardless of the match result the amount of people I see just get run down off hook and removed around 3-4 gens left just because they are the "weak link" in solo queue is just wrong. They barely get to play the game and survivor queues are so bad at night that they probably wait like 7-10 minutes for that experience.

    There's a reason those queue times are what they are. (:

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2065805#Comment_2065805

    I tried. He is completely incapable of that level of comprehension. He's firmly decided what he thinks, and no amount of logic or reason will ever make him second guess it.

    As I said, both of you cannot even comprehend the point of the post.

    Not surprised at all.

    Care to explain why you hardly ever see Blood Pact, For The People, Mettle of Man, or Sole Survivor? (Leaving out Object)

    It seems like both of you are too stupid to figure it out so I'll explain it to you.

    They are all terrible perks much like Decisive Strike is now and why there is an increased amount of non obsession games.

  • @Tizzle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2065857#Comment_2065857

    As I said, both of you cannot even comprehend the point of the post.

    Not surprised at all.

    Care to explain why you hardly ever see Blood Pact, For The People, Mettle of Man, or Sole Survivor? (Leaving out Object)

    It seems like both of you are too stupid to figure it out so I'll explain it to you.

    They are all terrible perks much like Decisive Strike is now and why there is an increased amount of non obsession games.

    Decisive Strike isn't terrible now, in fact. It works rather well at the moment, especially if used well and timed right. Just takes more thought now.

  • @Tizzle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2065857#Comment_2065857

    As I said, both of you cannot even comprehend the point of the post.

    Not surprised at all.

    Care to explain why you hardly ever see Blood Pact, For The People, Mettle of Man, or Sole Survivor? (Leaving out Object)

    It seems like both of you are too stupid to figure it out so I'll explain it to you.

    They are all terrible perks much like Decisive Strike is now and why there is an increased amount of non obsession games.

    That’s exactly what I said, actually equipping the perk is bad because you hardly get the effect from it.


    What you do get an effect from is by having an obsession in the game but that doesn’t mean you have to equip DS.


    So how am I not understanding when I said the exact same thing as you lol

  • Get used to this. Solo survivor was borderline unplayable before and after this last DLC it's oficially broken. Just give up on survivor side and stick to killer if you want to play. I used to play a few solo survivor matches and maybe every 2-3 weeks a couple killer matches. Now it will come down to a few killer matches every 2-3 weeks and that's it.

  • Killers are playing more toxic now I’ve been seeing a lot of it past two days. Mainly due to the hardcore tunneling now that there is no obsession 90% of the time. Last night I had a trickster who just decided to down me in egc and didn’t bother picking me up just decided to stand over me for 2 minutes and waste my time. No actual reason for that other than to just be a jerk.

  • @valvarez4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2064997#Comment_2064997

    do you think killers without ruin, pgtw, b&c and tinkerer would have more than 1k? These perks kill more survs than 99% of killers

    The only strong killer perk for gens is POP is Corrupt, thats the only thing killers got going on. imo

1 2 3 ›