Game is Basically Unplayable at Night
I try to just play survivor after 8 where I’m from, and even then it’s kinda miserable. However, silly me, I decided to give the Killer side a try just now. First match was against a 4 man SWF all on comms and all red rank. They weren’t toxic and one was even streaming which I listened to while playing. (There is a delay so I wasn’t gaining any advantage.) I’m rank 12 and was hopelessly outmatched. Listening to them coordinate and such really opened my eyes to how unplayable the game is against a great SWF team. They were relaying orders such as “lead him here and I’m hit him with head on.” “Come here and I’m heal you while so and so keeps a lookout.” It honestly felt like I was going up against a military squad. I only managed to hit a few of them, though they ran and healed instantly. Never downed or anything. I realized I was very outmatched and around when there were two gens left I just gave up. There was no way I was going to even get one killed with how this SWF coordinated. They were good sports about it and I was too. I just said good game and Im nowhere near your level. It just sucks that I honestly can’t play this game at night cause this is the caliber of survivors and killers I get. All outrank me and outmatch me. Add in SWF on comms to the mix and I stand no chance.
Comments
Yea I've found playing in the morning is much more casual
Same here. Or just during the day. I get matches that are more even to my rank and skill. But boy when it hits 8 pm then that’s when the red ranks crawl out.
There's a reason why survivor queue gets so wonky at night. There are not a ton of killers out at night and the ones that foolishly brave it commonly get punished for it so then they stop playing...
SEAL TEAM 6 SWF squads will treat the killers like their own personal chew toys and then get Shocked Pikachu Face when killers stop showing up
They weren’t toxic or being mean. In the stream they were just well coordinated and having fun. Still, they were so good and on point even if I tried to the last second there was no way I would get even one of them. They used their comms to the fullest extent. I didn’t hate being in that match cause they were good sports about it, but I can only imagine how worse the match would be if they were toxic on top of being Seal Team 6 SWF
Most SWF come out at night, including toxic one. So.. if you want to play killer, don’t play it at night.
Yeah I never play at night anymore, it's best to just play during the morning or in the afternoon.
I guess so. Just sucks cause you know, people have jobs and such during the day.
I know all to well. I just figure maybe I would get lucky and not encounter one tonight. First match proved that wrong.
Playing any competitive game at night usually ends badly. After dinner towards midnight are when the try hards come out.
It’s 8 where I’m from. So that’s relatively early when I can no longer play the game lol
I don't even bother touching killer until I've played a few matches solo survivor now. If I'm paired repeatedly with multiple swf groups I know it's not the night for relaxing killer "fun"
Fun and killer don’t go well together at night lol
Adding another +1 to morning play, est anyway. Queues are near instant, survivors actually know what they are doing and don't dc or die in 10 seconds, less killers face camping. Overall good gameplay.
Just had a rank 2 killer literally face camp me. It was a Wraith and his name was Toxicc. Of course.
Well I was streaming earlier this morning before work, and all I got were seal team six swf's with Object and trying their best to gen rush me. In the morning is usually when it's the worst in my region. Night time seems more relaxed.
They mostly come at night, mostly.
*Plays bottom tier killer with non meta perks and brown addons on fractured cowshed against a swf in full meta, killer gets one kill and hooks everyone at least once*
"Omg bb killer ggez lol git gud like omg l2p and break pallets ffs"
I never noticed that SWF squads were more common at night, for me it was mixed up. I guess that makes sense, since at night people are all at home doing nothing and will play with friends. I guess I will give it a try playing earlier.
Luckily I’m on PS4 so I don’t really get those PC type comments
Newt? Is that you?
At night, I come across two things as Killer and two things as Survivor.
Killer – sweaties and weirdos
Survivor – babies and weirdos
All the nutters come out at night.
I thought it was only me tbh. I rarely play killer anymore at night. If I want any good games, I have to play from roughly 8am to around 5-6pm. After the 5-6pm time rolls around, I get matched with SWFS. Sometimes toxic, sometimes not. Yeah I don't get enjoyment out of it either, I find I'm seriously outmatched and way below my skill set. If I could tell the MMR that I'd like to be more skillful before taking on red rank SWFS I would but I get matched with them anyways. The only time I can win with SWFS is if they're not well with coordination, make mistakes I can punish them for or if I'm feeling super sweaty and or savage that day where even Satan and his minions are outmatched. It sucks because I would like to have chilled games all around but nope, can never quite be chilled in DBD.
at past 7 pm the game is filled with sweatbags & long queue times. queue times in the morning are almost instant
Well here's the thing. In this game you have 2 options. You either get yourself a SWF squad and play with people you can rely on, or you get shat on. You can't play solo queue.
Or you play tryhard killer that are top tier and bring strong builds.
Solo queue is a nightmare, as is trying to play chill and "have fun" as a killer.
I feel like im the only one who enjoys killer at night in my region.
The sad thing is that no matter how good you get you will never win against this unless they stuff up really really bad.
first of all, comms is cheating, period. i don't care what the devs or anyone else says. it's obvious that's not how the game is designed and it's an extreme undeserved advantage. that being said, it's not going anywhere so you have to adapt.
i thrive at night bc i know they're all swf's, or at the very least two teams of two. you have to get creative and use that information against them...
hot night time pro tip: no swf survivor, whether they want to or not, is going to willingly let their comms friend die just to get themselves out. food for thought...
I play survivor solo and it sucks something awful. I am average at the game but I at least know the basics. Somehow, someway there are red rank survivors who do the dumbest things consistently or better yet nothing at all and stand at the edge of the map. Most of my games last night were over in less than 2 mins??? Either they dont get it or dont care. I even had one player send a message beforehand saying he was trying to depip,,,Whhaaaat, LOL. At least he sent the message right. These types of games make everyone depip, lose rank, and generally make life miserable when playing. But, there is nothing anyone can do other than just move on the next game and hope. I dont want a team because most people who play are so bad at caring they make toxic players look good. Match that up with killers who know what they are doing at the same time and it makes you wonder why I play at all??
I used to consistently win maybe 4/5 games in a two hour game play,,,now I am lucky if I win one as a solo survivor. I end up running around and unhooking the entire game. So I have NO idea why killer mains complain at all because from my standpoint unless your playing a team your gold.
Solo Q at night is more bearable for me than killer. At least I have a chance to earn BP and such before I get downed and killed. As Killer, I’m lucky to get a hit at night.
What’s truly terrifying is the SWF I played against were chill and just having fun. They weren’t even going hard at me but they never made a mistake or missed a beat dealing out commands and updates on locations and such. If they took it real sweaty and serious it would have been ten times worse for me. I honestly can’t see how even a top tier killer like Otz or True can go up against SWF who are this coordinated on comms
you're actually more correct than you know. those content creators CAN'T go against that. this is why most of their videos are clearly against obvious bad red rank survivors (yes, you heard that right). makes no sense to upload a video where you get creamed. that's not to say they aren't great, but i've seen many a video where otz is losing badly and gets pissed just like everybody else does.
a four man swf that know what they're doing is literally IMPOSSIBLE to beat mathematically unless:
a. they make a mistake
b. you don't play 'fair'
when i first started a few years ago it became apparent quite early that the most efficient way to win is to kill one person as quickly as possible. tunnel. i'm not saying it's a good thing, i'm not saying i do it, it's just a mathematical fact. the only person that concurred with that sentiment publicly at that time was otz during one of the early 'between trials' podcasts.
now, everyone does it, under the guise of ping-ponging two people on hooks to make it appear as if that's not what they're doing. they're totally doing it; just not as efficiently. i wish they'd stop being shady about it. in fact, just watched a dowsey video this morning with him ping-ponging. at the first sign of trouble they're vocal about it.
i haven't watched much of truetalent in the past, as i think i/everyone doesn't find him as entertaining as others, but in the past 1-2 months i find him just riveting bc he's saying out loud what everyone else is thinking without filter about playing the game as killer, and i respect the hell out of it. i'd starting listening to what that man has to say. maybe not about hooks v. 4k's, but everything else. dude is now my fav CC. i can't believe i just typed that. 'truetalent is my fav.' lol.
I'm in red ranks and I only get rank 15-20 team mates at night in solo Q. Yes you can get BP, but if you compare the BP you get as killer, it's nothing. They're both miserable experiences. This game is only fun if you're in a SWF
What’s sad is there is no way to realistically fix this problem. The devs endorse SWF with comms and encourage it. So messing with SWF is a no. If you buff killers to compensate then survivor mains will just complain hard about it not being fair of solo q(which I believe is slowly dying off. I’m starting to get more SWF than randoms cause everyone has figured out that they have a huge chance at success with SWF)
Out of curiosity, what about his stance on 'hooks v kills' is wrong exactly?
It IS healthier for all involved if the killer can prioritise hooks over kills. Everyone gets more chance to play, everyone gets more bloodpoints, everyone gets more emblem progress. Less likely to camp and tunnel, etc.
Intentionally going for kills likely involves camping, or proxy camping at the very least, and sometimes tunnelling.
Honestly even with red ranks killers I don’t find solo q or survivor too hard. Sure I may lose a lot but I don’t feel stressed or anything. It’s just too easy. Red rank killers are the ones who give me a challenge and make me actually stress and work for it, which honestly should be the norm since killer is suppose to the power role. Instead I’m more stressed and miserable as killer.
my problem with it is it cuts out any kind of creativity you come up with. for instance, i killed all four this morning with zero hooks (blood warden). that actually took quite a bit of awareness/creativity to look bad, but not so bad that i couldn't lure them out to the center of the map after the gates opened. this game is about psychology. you take that out and replace it with just chases and it's boring af.
This is the exact reason some of these content creators don’t want MMR. The devs balancing the game around people who haven’t put time in to get better really creates a problem when they do. The game succeeds BECAUSE of potatos that join solo Q. Most killers can quickly identify that teammate that has spent zero time learning to loop and get them out of the game ASAP. Even if the other 3 are very good, the odds then favor the killer or in a worst case scenario bring it closer to even.
MMR is going to magnify the ugly warts of balancing for the lower end. The devs have straddled the fence for a loooooong time concerning the solo Q/ killer/ swf balancing issues.
I dont have a problem with red rank killers. As a red rank survivor, i'd rather not get people with 10 hours in the game on my team though.
But that would be more of a meme build, not a typical match.
It's not an absolute, no one's saying you have to get 12 hooks and 4k on 4 hooks is a failure, but did the survivors have any fun in a match with Blood Warden? Did they come away thinking you were a toxic killer and thus encourage them to employ cheap tactics themselves in the future?
That's basically the equivalent of a gen rush, 0k match.
it's a bummer for sure, but messing with swf's isn't a 'no.' human beings are very good/creative at solving problems. you'll figure things out the more you test/experiement.
the good thing is as you're doing that you get double bp and also learn how to be a better survivor at the same time.
no one cares what the survivors think. they signed up for a trial. in a trial there are no rules. it's thunderdome. that's what makes it fun for everyone. no one knows what will happen. i can't control how another person feels. i outsmarted them and made them better survivors in the process. that should make them feel good/appreciative of the experience.
one was streaming. had a good laugh about it with him afterward and donated $5 bc he wasn't a crybaby noob about it. perspective.
cheap tactics? i think not. i'm quite certain you'd have issues with safe survivors in the exit gates, without a lot of experimentation. what i find cheap: chase survivor, break pallet, continue chase, break pallet, hook. repeat. god, shoot me in the head if i have to do that every trial without some master plan in some way. no offense. to each their own.
At night i will rarely play killers i can't do well with that have a chance against the average swf that plays like that.
The only killer I play during this time that you might say can't deal with it is demo but i end chases so stupidly fast and snowball swf's stupidly often as him that i play him anyway. People really underestimate shred and that causes them to get downed as they don't think a shred can land in X spot when it can. Even if i don't win as often as say if I play Spirit instead i find the matches more fun.
They can do something about gen times at the start of the match, have you heard about the trail start up idea?
Basically for the first minute or so of the match all generators have a very heavily repair penalty that goes away when the timer is up or the killer gets a down, would really help in games where survivors are all split on gens and 2-3 get done right after you hook someone and against solo que it doesn't give that much of an advantage as solo's most of the time also do the same thing.
When I suspect seal team 6 sweat squad is incoming I just take off addons usually and play m1 machete man, trying to get them stbfl stacks and just play like a bot on beginner difficulty going in straight line, why sweat galons against someone who treats it like a finale of a esports tournament, this way they usually rush gens, and then I open gates for them to be quickly over, they usually leave earlier too because they suspect bloodwarden. and of course aftergame chat off is a must for me
I have the same issues.
I find morning survivor matches to be causal and usually chill. Morning killer matches are usually rough and sweaty. It’s the exact opposite for the nighttime.
essentially they are doing something about swfs; MMR. they're trying to make sure you get two kills and no more. the unfortunate side effect from this will be that everyone will naturally become sweatier and sweatier to try and do better than two kills or escapes; the point where every game will become face camp simulator.
Not true at all, I only play solo que and I'm consistently holding my rank in red ranks. Yes the teammate quality goes down significantly at night but that doesn't necessarily mean you will depip because of it. Unless you too, aren't very stellar of a survivor either.
Otz has a good vod of him going against a team (that smashed him before). He played as Freddy, and made the object obvious and tunneled him out.
Again, he came in with a plan, knew he was going up against them (and they didn’t), and played well.
Killer is only made playable in this game because most survivors aren’t seal team 6. The amount of survivors that DC on first hood is amazing. I’m only a middling killer, and I try not to get too emotionally invested . . . But sometimes its frustrating as hell.