Dead Hard: Problem? Or not?

EDIT: Why are people still commenting on this

So uh, yeah. Dead Hard. I don't really gotta say anythin else for it. Just Dead Hard

"Oi, nice Dead 'ard! Haha!"

DeadHard.gif

Yea I got nothin' for Dead 'ard really. It's just... Dead Hard, y'know? I just can't explain it

So uh, opinions on Dead Hard?

@DragonMasterDarren gave me the idea for this. Thanks to him.

Comments

  • Everyone saying it's not a problem - those are the ones who can't loop without it. AKA, they're bad.

  • I like Dead Hard, even tho it makes me exhausted on the ground 70% of the time I use it.

  • Dead Hard for distance has no counter, and needs looking at. It requires no skill to perform, and extends a chase for free. Yet, killers are scrutinized for bringing slowdowns.

    The killer equivalent of this would be if they could, with the press of a button, walk through a wall once every 40 seconds to save time. Like Nurse, but with no fatigue.

  • dead hard never works when i try it, i get exhausted on the ground. good for distance but doesnt sprint burst already do the same thing? also, dead hard only works once against good killers, after that theyll just wait it out. sprint burst for the win

  • I hate versing dead hard users so much.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    You've really opened pandora's box with this one lol.

    Dead hard as intended is fine. On the weaker side even. Dead hard for distance is busted. It's kinda funny how we have a i-frame move and the op thing about it is the 1m dash it does

    Remove the "for distance" part of it by adding a 2 second unable to interact with objects like docs shock and it will be fine.

    Can still be used for distance but them atleast you have to do it earlier giving the killer the chance to drop the chase and you won't be able to do it when the killer outplays you with a mindgame unless you actually avoid a swing

    Who says I didn't want to open it in the first place?

  • Dead Hard is fine. I think people are only complaining against it now because of the nurse challenges, and it is REALLY good against nurse.

  • Deadhard made me stop lunging even if I saw that person having sprintburst, just a instinct by this point

  • @kyogul said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2058137#Comment_2058137

    "iT DoEsNt wORk hAlF ThE TiME"

    "eXhAUSted oN thE gRouND"

    "sPrInt BUrSt iS WaY BeTTeR"

  • People should realise that the problem with dead hard is not about avoiding a hit, its about the time it buys.

    Dead Hard for distance is actually frustrating because a chase that might be 20 seconds can be 30, 40, or even more. Its the time it buys the problem, not the dodge.

    I collected info about my last 200 matches as killer and Dead Hard is by far the most played perk (decisive and borrowed being kinda close), of all the perks that survivors can choose, they choose DH, that means something usually.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2057857#Comment_2057857

    Not really. A lot of the time it buys them another 4 seconds and that's it. Hardly another health state.

    It depends. Bad survivor uses it at a weak loop, yeah it doesnt add much. Good survivor uses it at a strong loop and it can add a lot of time or force you to break chase entirely.

    I feel like this is one of those perks where people don’t see how powerful it is due to how average survivors use it. When you go against a team of 4 good players who all use it well you see how truly powerful this perk can be.

  • Not as much of an issue as DS is (or was, after the new patch will arrive). I don't run it but even I know it can be a solid perk if used correctly - using it if you need a few extra seconds to reach the pallet, window, etc but most people use it so recklessly it's hilarious. I'm a killer main and I see it happening all the time, people using DH to gain distance in the open when I just catch you literally five seconds later so they pretty much wasted it. You can usually tell someone might have DH when they keep looking back as if they're waiting for you to swing so they can dash forward. I'd advise looking into 360'ing the killer instead then dead hard to a pallet, window, whatever. It's fine the way it is. Can be kinda annoying when you miss a swing because of DH but I'd take that over DS.

  • @Marigoria said:

    Dead Hard is fine. I think people are only complaining against it now because of the nurse challenges, and it is REALLY good against nurse.

    Haha this is exactly it for me. It didn't bug me that much before, but I recently switched from PS4 to PC and am learning Nurse. It sucks when I manage to blink on top of a challenging survivor and then they Dead Hard it. For experienced Nurses it's probably not a big deal but I'm not at the point where I can just expertly blink onto them again immediately.

    Instead of getting upset I'm just theorycrafting a Blood Echo/Sloppy Butcher build so I can have some rare situations where I KNOW they can't Dead Hard 😛.

  • Dead Hard is fine... and I'm saying this as a rank 1 killer main.

    Everyone here saying it takes no skill and is 'press E to outplay' or 'undoes a survivor mistake' needs to learn to adapt.

    95% of the time it can be easily countered. The 5% of the time when it can't be countered is when survivors use it perfectly. That just seems like good gameplay to me. I respect it.

  • I think it’s fine. I’d rather see this exhaustion perk when I’m playing killer rather than Sprint Burst.

  • @Yords said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2058222#Comment_2058222

    My bad on you trying to call me out, your comments were misleading and other comments that go down road of starting to become toxic are similar. Sorta jumped the gun on that one.

    So maybe perks shouldn't take skill to use, but I don't think that they should be able to be used so easily and get so much value out of being used for not doing much to earn it. I still think that it gets too much value for its own good, but I would need a specific example or two to show how it can be used. I for one think that the perk gets too much value and is unfair when used for distance.

    A SBM system would be very interesting, probably very bad though considering how this game is favored more to survivors by quite a bit. Not exactly saying that survivor is OP, but it is pretty clear that this game isn't exactly favorable to the killer a lot of the time. If a proper SBM system was put in place, BHVR would actually need to start balancing things.

    BHVR is working on a SBM and we have gone through 2 tests in live of it. It hasn't worked exactly as desired yet though. And in my opinion, it is too hard to quantify the individual skill of a player in dead by daylight, especially on the survivor side. There is too much rng in maps that can swing the game in the favor of the killer or survivors and survivors are affected by the 3 other teammates they get.

    And balance, except at the very ends, will be irrelevant. If there goal is still to have an average of 2 wins, 2 losses, if they were to make a change that would weaken survivors, all that would do to me as a killer is just shift who I play against. Those that could not average 2 escapes against me after the nerf would be replaced by survivors that can average 2 escapes against me after the nerf.

    But as I always do with every change should they implement it, I am going to give it time to see how it works and before passing judgement.

  • @JimbusCrimbus said:

    Everyone saying it's not a problem - those are the ones who can't loop without it. AKA, they're bad.

    Rank 1 killer player here. I say it isn't a problem and I see others that play killer saying they do not feel it is a problem.

    @Red_Beard said:

    Hello my fellow Dead by Daylight enthusiasts. This is a follow up to my recent post giving some data from 25 Wraith games I played as a red rank killer. Those 25 games were played on a weekday. The next 25 were played on a weekend. I wanted a mix to account for the possibility of a larger pool of survivors giving me more balanced match making, presumably better on the weekend. I also wanted to have a decent amount of games played to give a good average. This post is the data combined from those 50 games. I did not do a full comparison between the weekday and weekend games, but I did add some notes in the first post, which can be found here.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/237236/update-numbers-from-25-wraith-red-rank-matches

    An update to my hours played at the end of this experiment I now sit at 1605 hours played. I also play survivor, I believe only slightly less than killer, but I do not keep track.

    I started the experiment at Rank 2, 4 pips in. I ended at Rank 1. The lowest I dropped while completing this was Rank 2, 3 pips. I played no other killer games during this experiment.

    My goal through the whole thing was to play to win. This meant kill as many survivors as I could first and foremost, but also play get as many hooks as I could if I didn't think it would cost me the win. I didn't go into the games planning to aggressively camp, tunnel and slug. That said, if I felt I was getting behind, I used those tactics if I felt it was my best option to win. There were definitely a number of games I did have to tunnel. I also noted 2 games I played were I decided to hard camp a hooked and slugged survivor. Sometimes I decided to hard tunnel when I got down to 2 or 3 gens with 4 survivors alive. Sometimes I decided to hard tunnel at 4 gens because I could tell by how the chases were going I wasn't going to win otherwise.

    I also decided not to slug for the 4k unless I could see the last survivor even though this was counter productive to the goal of killing everyone. This was because I was also somewhat curious how many people could beat me to the hatch. There were some games I could see the last survivor and still did not slug because I was confident I would be able to get them before they got to the hatch.

    I never gave up trying to achieve the goal. If the gens got down and the gate was open, I still tried to kill everyone I could. I also did not dodge any of the lobbies.

    I used the same perk build for all the games which was Corrupt, Pop, Whispers, and BBQ. I used the same add-ons for the first 40 games which were green Swift Hunt and Green Windstorm. I used purple Swift Hunt and purple Windstorm the final 10 games because I ran out of green ones.

    I had five disconnects while playing. I didn't count the data from two of the games because the disconnects happened early on, so I played two extra games. I did count the data for three of the games because the survivors disconnected on death hook.

    Now that I've bored you with a lot of background information, let's get into some numbers.

    Blood Points

    I earned a total of 1,409,722 in game blood points for an average of 28,194 per match. Survivors earned a total of 3,237160 in game blood points for an average per survivor, per match of 16,186. I did not record post game points for killer.

    Survivor Ranks

    I decided to break the teams down into three groups; all red rank, three red rank and 1 non-red rank, and mixed. And so I do not repeat a bunch of information put those into a table with kills and pips.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/7I0L4Q989KD7/image.png

    Kills Overall

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/O7MLTUU68EMW/image.png

    I had a total of 159 kills of a possible 200 for a kill rate of 3.2 or 79.5%.

    Of the 41 escapes, six were by hatch. Four of the hatch escapes were from the survivor finding the hatch first. Two of the hatch escapes happened in one match from a plundered key. That is 15% of the escapes being through the hatch.

    Pips

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/7CBTIXUXQREK/image.png

    That is a total of 45 pip points earned during the 50 matches.

    More Frequently Discussed Perks

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/9H9I1Z7R4SFY/image.png

    The dreaded DS/UB combo was brought 14 times or was in 7% of survivor builds.

    I was stunned by a decisive strike 10 times or 17% of survivors that brought it got to use it.

    Four of the OoOs were in one match. I was only able to secure one kill and I depipped.

    Survivors activated Dead Hard too many times for me to count and I don't record my games.

    Items

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/75KE4VTSVNKZ/image.png

    There were four BNPs brought in the 50 matches.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/COIVYC5XTRQ0/image.png

    There were two styptics and three syringes brought in 50 matches.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/FJ8PB12HF92F/image.png

    I was stunned by a flashlight save six times with many more attempted.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/TJYE7Q2HOX3I/image.png

    There was a key that could open hatch brought in 8% of the matches. None of the keys brought were used to open the hatch.

    There were three pink maps and no other maps brought in all the matches.

    Offerings

    I only brought blood point offerings. While there were a lot of different offerings brought, the most talked about ones are map offerings. For map offerings, two were Haddonfield, two were Dead Dawg, one was Hawkins, one was Cold Wind Farm and one was Macmillen's. That is 14% of the matches had a map offering.

    My Thoughts

    For killers that I feel competent with using their power, this feels pretty normal for me playing in red ranks. Even with full red rank teams, I performed a little worse but still am managing to kill more than 50% of survivors.

    Of course, killers I am out of practice with, or never really learned I do worse with because I'm not that good with them.

    In the 50 matches, there were only four games that I felt I had no chance of winning. But that isn't because of the balance of the game or the perks the survivors brought, it was because those survivors were just way better than me. I have I'm guessing roughly 900 hours playing killer. I am at the top rank. Included in that rank are people that may have 5000 hours in just playing killer. It is the same on the survivor side. If I get matched against those survivors with so many hours that know how to play against every killer, of course I am going to get stomped, no matter what perks they have, because I am not of equal skill as them even though we are both at the top rank level. And if ranking was such that it more accurately reflected skill level of the game, I wouldn't be a red rank killer, and I can accept that.

    As for the toxic experience, there was only one game that in end game chat I got a GGEZ. Yeah, throwing a little salt, but not terrible. I have had some people say some terrible things, but it is very, very rare that I see this happen. Sure there was a lot of tea bagging and flash light clicking. But I killed most of them so I win.

    Overall, I find playing killer at red ranks to be mostly easy and enjoyable when I'm playing killers I'm competent with. Definitely easier, in my opinion, than playing solo survivor.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/6EXQ4ZUYIHWR/image.png

    If you have request for additional information, let me know. I'll try to get if for you if I have the data.


  • @DragonMasterDarren said:

    Since i'm sure some people are wondering about my opinion on this is, let me Copy-Paste what i told Gooby

    some say Dead Hard is trash and leaves you exhausted in the ground, others say it can pretty much win Survivors the game if they stack it and use it for distance, and others still say it’s completely fine since baiting it is comedically easy, I’m personally of the opinion that being able to greatly extend a loop or not get punished for getting read by the killer by simply pressing a single button is way too strong, the reason I think it’s controversial is because, as per usual with this game, it’s a “us versus them” mentality between killers and survivors, since DS has finally been hit the only real second chances they have are Dead Hard and Unbreakable in certain situations

    honestly, if they simply remove the i-frames from it so you can’t just dash away from a close range hit then I think the perk will be fine, since the only way you stop people from using it for distance is to change the perk in it’s entirety and give it a new effect

    If I am interpreting what you are trying to say correctly, you are saying those that say the perk is fine are survivor players and those that think it is not fine are killer players. If so, that is an assumption of yours that is adding to the "us vs them" mentality. I have seen a few of the posters state in this thread they play killer and feel it is fine. I am a rank 1 killer and feel it is fine. Myself and one other player just posted some stats from 50 games played as killer. We both saw what you saw, dead hard is one of the most brought perks. But the other person had an 89% kill rate in their 50 games playing a few different killers. I had a 79.5% kill rate only playing Wraith. We were able to win a majority of our matches even though the survivors had strong perks.

    @Red_Beard said:

    Hello my fellow Dead by Daylight enthusiasts. This is a follow up to my recent post giving some data from 25 Wraith games I played as a red rank killer. Those 25 games were played on a weekday. The next 25 were played on a weekend. I wanted a mix to account for the possibility of a larger pool of survivors giving me more balanced match making, presumably better on the weekend. I also wanted to have a decent amount of games played to give a good average. This post is the data combined from those 50 games. I did not do a full comparison between the weekday and weekend games, but I did add some notes in the first post, which can be found here.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/237236/update-numbers-from-25-wraith-red-rank-matches

    An update to my hours played at the end of this experiment I now sit at 1605 hours played. I also play survivor, I believe only slightly less than killer, but I do not keep track.

    I started the experiment at Rank 2, 4 pips in. I ended at Rank 1. The lowest I dropped while completing this was Rank 2, 3 pips. I played no other killer games during this experiment.

    My goal through the whole thing was to play to win. This meant kill as many survivors as I could first and foremost, but also play get as many hooks as I could if I didn't think it would cost me the win. I didn't go into the games planning to aggressively camp, tunnel and slug. That said, if I felt I was getting behind, I used those tactics if I felt it was my best option to win. There were definitely a number of games I did have to tunnel. I also noted 2 games I played were I decided to hard camp a hooked and slugged survivor. Sometimes I decided to hard tunnel when I got down to 2 or 3 gens with 4 survivors alive. Sometimes I decided to hard tunnel at 4 gens because I could tell by how the chases were going I wasn't going to win otherwise.

    I also decided not to slug for the 4k unless I could see the last survivor even though this was counter productive to the goal of killing everyone. This was because I was also somewhat curious how many people could beat me to the hatch. There were some games I could see the last survivor and still did not slug because I was confident I would be able to get them before they got to the hatch.

    I never gave up trying to achieve the goal. If the gens got down and the gate was open, I still tried to kill everyone I could. I also did not dodge any of the lobbies.

    I used the same perk build for all the games which was Corrupt, Pop, Whispers, and BBQ. I used the same add-ons for the first 40 games which were green Swift Hunt and Green Windstorm. I used purple Swift Hunt and purple Windstorm the final 10 games because I ran out of green ones.

    I had five disconnects while playing. I didn't count the data from two of the games because the disconnects happened early on, so I played two extra games. I did count the data for three of the games because the survivors disconnected on death hook.

    Now that I've bored you with a lot of background information, let's get into some numbers.

    Blood Points

    I earned a total of 1,409,722 in game blood points for an average of 28,194 per match. Survivors earned a total of 3,237160 in game blood points for an average per survivor, per match of 16,186. I did not record post game points for killer.

    Survivor Ranks

    I decided to break the teams down into three groups; all red rank, three red rank and 1 non-red rank, and mixed. And so I do not repeat a bunch of information put those into a table with kills and pips.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/7I0L4Q989KD7/image.png

    Kills Overall

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/O7MLTUU68EMW/image.png

    I had a total of 159 kills of a possible 200 for a kill rate of 3.2 or 79.5%.

    Of the 41 escapes, six were by hatch. Four of the hatch escapes were from the survivor finding the hatch first. Two of the hatch escapes happened in one match from a plundered key. That is 15% of the escapes being through the hatch.

    Pips

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/7CBTIXUXQREK/image.png

    That is a total of 45 pip points earned during the 50 matches.

    More Frequently Discussed Perks

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/9H9I1Z7R4SFY/image.png

    The dreaded DS/UB combo was brought 14 times or was in 7% of survivor builds.

    I was stunned by a decisive strike 10 times or 17% of survivors that brought it got to use it.

    Four of the OoOs were in one match. I was only able to secure one kill and I depipped.

    Survivors activated Dead Hard too many times for me to count and I don't record my games.

    Items

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/75KE4VTSVNKZ/image.png

    There were four BNPs brought in the 50 matches.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/COIVYC5XTRQ0/image.png

    There were two styptics and three syringes brought in 50 matches.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/FJ8PB12HF92F/image.png

    I was stunned by a flashlight save six times with many more attempted.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/TJYE7Q2HOX3I/image.png

    There was a key that could open hatch brought in 8% of the matches. None of the keys brought were used to open the hatch.

    There were three pink maps and no other maps brought in all the matches.

    Offerings

    I only brought blood point offerings. While there were a lot of different offerings brought, the most talked about ones are map offerings. For map offerings, two were Haddonfield, two were Dead Dawg, one was Hawkins, one was Cold Wind Farm and one was Macmillen's. That is 14% of the matches had a map offering.

    My Thoughts

    For killers that I feel competent with using their power, this feels pretty normal for me playing in red ranks. Even with full red rank teams, I performed a little worse but still am managing to kill more than 50% of survivors.

    Of course, killers I am out of practice with, or never really learned I do worse with because I'm not that good with them.

    In the 50 matches, there were only four games that I felt I had no chance of winning. But that isn't because of the balance of the game or the perks the survivors brought, it was because those survivors were just way better than me. I have I'm guessing roughly 900 hours playing killer. I am at the top rank. Included in that rank are people that may have 5000 hours in just playing killer. It is the same on the survivor side. If I get matched against those survivors with so many hours that know how to play against every killer, of course I am going to get stomped, no matter what perks they have, because I am not of equal skill as them even though we are both at the top rank level. And if ranking was such that it more accurately reflected skill level of the game, I wouldn't be a red rank killer, and I can accept that.

    As for the toxic experience, there was only one game that in end game chat I got a GGEZ. Yeah, throwing a little salt, but not terrible. I have had some people say some terrible things, but it is very, very rare that I see this happen. Sure there was a lot of tea bagging and flash light clicking. But I killed most of them so I win.

    Overall, I find playing killer at red ranks to be mostly easy and enjoyable when I'm playing killers I'm competent with. Definitely easier, in my opinion, than playing solo survivor.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/6EXQ4ZUYIHWR/image.png

    If you have request for additional information, let me know. I'll try to get if for you if I have the data.

    I think a lot of the problem is people get frustrated when they lose and have a hard time accepting their own skill as a reason for the lose. Especially red rank killers. They might think of themselves as the best of the best because they are red rank and that can be very untrue as there is such a large variance of skill in red rank alone on both sides.

    If that is not what you are trying to say, I guess I don't understand.

  • @Red_Beard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2058447#Comment_2058447

    Rank 1 killer player here. I say it isn't a problem and I see others that play killer saying they do not feel it is a problem.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/237583/my-life-as-a-red-rank-killer-50-wraith-games

    You act as if rank means anything.

    I'm a rank 1 equal split player with nearly 6000 hours. When used for distance, it's a problem.

  • What perk are we complaining about next after Dead Hard Nerf?

  • I feel it's fine. I would make a slight adjustment that is you cannot Dead Hard through a killer, but otherwise it's a decent perk.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    It's literally a free second chance. That's all it is. You screw up and rob the killer of their deserved hit. Zero counterplay if used for distance or against a killer who attacks with their power, because you cannot "bait" it. It is just purely unfair and the true postorchild of second chance perks.

    You can even dh over trappers traps lmao. Bullshit perk. It should have get a nerf instead of DS.

  • @JimbusCrimbus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2059661#Comment_2059661

    You act as if rank means anything.

    I'm a rank 1 equal split player with nearly 6000 hours. When used for distance, it's a problem.

    Nope, you inferred that incorrectly. If you read the post I made I actually talk about how much variance the skill gap is in rank 1 alone and that if the rank system actually reflected skill, I would not be a rank 1 killer.

    You stated the only people saying dead hard isn't a problem are the ones who can't win a chase without it. I proved you wrong by stating that I am a killer player that plays in red ranks and showed you how I can have big win rate with only 1600 hours in the game. With you having many more hours in the game as me, I'm guessing you too have a very good win rate and a good amount of those survivors you won against, probably used dead hard as well. If that last statement I made is true, what kill % do you need before you can be happy? Survivors are allowed to have strong perks.

  • @Red_Beard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2058437#Comment_2058437

    If I am interpreting what you are trying to say correctly, you are saying those that say the perk is fine are survivor players and those that think it is not fine are killer players. If so, that is an assumption of yours that is adding to the "us vs them" mentality. I have seen a few of the posters state in this thread they play killer and feel it is fine. I am a rank 1 killer and feel it is fine. Myself and one other player just posted some stats from 50 games played as killer. We both saw what you saw, dead hard is one of the most brought perks. But the other person had an 89% kill rate in their 50 games playing a few different killers. I had a 79.5% kill rate only playing Wraith. We were able to win a majority of our matches even though the survivors had strong perks.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/237583/my-life-as-a-red-rank-killer-50-wraith-games

    I think a lot of the problem is people get frustrated when they lose and have a hard time accepting their own skill as a reason for the lose. Especially red rank killers. They might think of themselves as the best of the best because they are red rank and that can be very untrue as there is such a large variance of skill in red rank alone on both sides.

    If that is not what you are trying to say, I guess I don't understand.

    Wait wait wait - so what you're saying is, if I as a killer outplay a survivor, and they should go down, they have dead hard, so they're just better? Because they have dead hard? You're saying I should accept it as a loss because they pressed a button?

    If a survivor SHOULDN'T make it to a pallet or a vault, but they dead hard for distance (which has no counter even if you know it's coming), which can extend a chase for X amount of time depending on where they get distance toward, I should just "accept" that loss because they had dead hard and were just better than me for pressing a button?

    When's the last time you saw a survivor accept a loss to NOED?

    In what world is it "fair" to outplay a person just to have them press a button, and activate an ability that was literally handed to them for failure, aka being hit.

  • @Red_Beard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2060318#Comment_2060318

    Nope, you inferred that incorrectly. If you read the post I made I actually talk about how much variance the skill gap is in rank 1 alone and that if the rank system actually reflected skill, I would not be a rank 1 killer.

    You stated the only people saying dead hard isn't a problem are the ones who can't win a chase without it. I proved you wrong by stating that I am a killer player that plays in red ranks and showed you how I can have big win rate with only 1600 hours in the game. With you having many more hours in the game as me, I'm guessing you too have a very good win rate and a good amount of those survivors you won against, probably used dead hard as well. If that last statement I made is true, what kill % do you need before you can be happy? Survivors are allowed to have strong perks.

    You didn't "prove" anything. You simply said, in so many words, "nuh uh".

  • @JimbusCrimbus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2059687#Comment_2059687

    Wait wait wait - so what you're saying is, if I as a killer outplay a survivor, and they should go down, they have dead hard, so they're just better? Because they have dead hard? You're saying I should accept it as a loss because they pressed a button?

    If a survivor SHOULDN'T make it to a pallet or a vault, but they dead hard for distance (which has no counter even if you know it's coming), which can extend a chase for X amount of time depending on where they get distance toward, I should just "accept" that loss because they had dead hard and were just better than me for pressing a button?

    When's the last time you saw a survivor accept a loss to NOED?

    In what world is it "fair" to outplay a person just to have them press a button, and activate an ability that was literally handed to them for failure, aka being hit.

    Nope, not what I said at all. I've never said pushing a button is outskilling the other player. I'm saying even with it extending the chase in those times it does, it does not have as big of an impact to winning and losing as you say it does. I'm saying killers are already as a whole above a 50% win rate. I'm saying not every single aspect of the game, every single perk needs to have a counter.

    You act as though every survivor that makes a post about NOED is speaking for every survivor. Which I'm fairly confident is false. You are continually perpetuating an "us vs them" mentality with false claims.

    I think fair is when the players base as a whole is at 2 wins, 2 escapes.

  • @Zephinism said:

    What perk are we complaining about next after Dead Hard Nerf?

    Sprint Burst, Spine Chill or Iron Will probably.

  • @JimbusCrimbus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2059687#Comment_2059687

    Wait wait wait - so what you're saying is, if I as a killer outplay a survivor, and they should go down, they have dead hard, so they're just better? Because they have dead hard? You're saying I should accept it as a loss because they pressed a button?

    If a survivor SHOULDN'T make it to a pallet or a vault, but they dead hard for distance (which has no counter even if you know it's coming), which can extend a chase for X amount of time depending on where they get distance toward, I should just "accept" that loss because they had dead hard and were just better than me for pressing a button?

    When's the last time you saw a survivor accept a loss to NOED?

    In what world is it "fair" to outplay a person just to have them press a button, and activate an ability that was literally handed to them for failure, aka being hit.

    So if a killer downs me in a dead zone where there's nothing to play, and they down me, they're just better? Because they found me in a dead zone? You're saying I should accept it as a loss because of RNG?

  • @KingFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2060392#Comment_2060392

    So if a killer downs me in a dead zone where there's nothing to play, and they down me, they're just better? Because they found me in a dead zone? You're saying I should accept it as a loss because of RNG?

    You're aware that to get to the dead zone, you had to go there yourself. Meaning, the killer either zoned you to that spot, or you just ran there yourself.

    That's where your pityful attempt at a counterargument breaks. Because the killer can't take you and PUT you in a dead zone. That's on you. You screwed up.

  • @landromat said:

    Unfair perk and should be reworked into something to not make killer feel robbed and paranoid about it before he makes hit on injured survivor

    XD OMG YOU KILLER MAINS XD THEY JUST NEED TO MAKE GAME KILLERS KILLING EACH OTHER MAYBE ? XD

  • @nemadrasteia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2057815#Comment_2057815

    XD OMG YOU KILLER MAINS XD THEY JUST NEED TO MAKE GAME KILLERS KILLING EACH OTHER MAYBE ? XD

    Dead Hard Andy spotted.

  • @JimbusCrimbus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2060454#Comment_2060454

    You're aware that to get to the dead zone, you had to go there yourself. Meaning, the killer either zoned you to that spot, or you just ran there yourself.

    You're aware that using dead hard is more than just pushing a button. You have to use it at the right time if you want to get much use out of it. You don't just push E and then suddenly get teleported away from the killer. You have to time your dead hard properly. If you're too late, you don't make the pallet/window. And if you use it too early, you were making the pallet/window anyway.

  • the ones who says it need to be changed are you kidding me ? most times it is not even working ? Most of us dying on the ground with exhausted

  • @KingFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2060461#Comment_2060461

    You're aware that using dead hard is more than just pushing a button. You have to use it at the right time if you want to get much use out of it. You don't just push E and then suddenly get teleported away from the killer. You have to time your dead hard properly. If you're too late, you don't make the pallet/window. And if you use it too early, you were making the pallet/window anyway.

    Using dead hard for distance (the part I keep mentioning that you seem to conveniently omit) is literally just pressing a button. And it has no counter.

  • @JimbusCrimbus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2060485#Comment_2060485

    Using dead hard for distance (the part I keep mentioning that you seem to conveniently omit) is literally just pressing a button. And it has no counter.

    Hitting a survivor is literally just pushing a button too. Guess there's no way to outplay anyone in this game!

    It has a couple of counters, actually. There's even a perk for it: Blood Echo. Not to mention the exposed status effect, killers with one-shot abilities, etc. Exhaustion add-ons too.

    And if you're using it for distance, you won't get much distance unless you're either: A. In a strong area (which you led the chase to), B. In a weak area, and it does nothing for you, or C. Near a pallet/window, which if you time it late then you get hit, and if you time it early you just make the pallet earlier than you would've anyway. And if you're in a weak area, you wait out the dead hard, which is another counter for it.

  • @KingFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2060494#Comment_2060494

    Hitting a survivor is literally just pushing a button too. Guess there's no way to outplay anyone in this game!

    It has a couple of counters, actually. There's even a perk for it: Blood Echo. Not to mention the exposed status effect, killers with one-shot abilities, etc. Exhaustion add-ons too.

    And if you're using it for distance, you won't get much distance unless you're either: A. In a strong area (which you led the chase to), B. In a weak area, and it does nothing for you, or C. Near a pallet/window, which if you time it late then you get hit, and if you time it early you just make the pallet earlier than you would've anyway. And if you're in a weak area, you wait out the dead hard, which is another counter for it.

    You're trying really hard, but it's failing.

    "Hitting a survivor is just pressing a button hur dur". Yes, let's ignore the zoning, the mind games, and generally just getting to a position where you CAN hit them. Yeah, "just pressing a button".

    Also, no, when used for distance, it has no counter. Blood Echo is situational. Dead hard is "I got hit, now I have this free second chance". Exhaustion addons are also actively being removed. Because the devs KNOW survivors need their dead hard or they go down like a sack of broken hammers.

    Please stop. You're trying so hard, and it's almost sad.

  • @JimbusCrimbus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2060485#Comment_2060485

    Using dead hard for distance (the part I keep mentioning that you seem to conveniently omit) is literally just pressing a button. And it has no counter.

    bruh can I block you here ? Just dwanna know it , not your opinions because they are litreally trash. Basically trying to make ppl annoying your opinions have nothing on me don't quote me

  • @nemadrasteia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2060494#Comment_2060494

    bruh can I bloke you here ? Just dwanna know it , not your opinions because they are litreally trash. Basically trying to make ppl annoying your opinions have nothing on me don't quote me

    can you "bloke" me? No. I don't want to be your friend.

  • lol not funny and killer main I see

  • Survivor main, actually. Truthfully about 50/50 through my nearly 6000 hours of playtime, but mostly survivor. I just have a brain capable of rational thought.

  • @JimbusCrimbus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2060567#Comment_2060567

    Survivor main, actually. Truthfully about 50/50 through my nearly 6000 hours of playtime, but mostly survivor. I just have a brain capable of rational thought.

    wrong guesses at least mines are true you are not funny and killer main ye ye get away from me

  • @nemadrasteia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2060571#Comment_2060571

    wrong guesses at least mines are true you are not funny and killer main ye ye get away from me

    You're kind of creepy. Can you please refrain from harassing me any further? Thanks homie.

  • @nemadrasteia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2057815#Comment_2057815

    XD OMG YOU KILLER MAINS XD THEY JUST NEED TO MAKE GAME KILLERS KILLING EACH OTHER MAYBE ? XD

    im both sides player and i know better than you surv main

  • @landromat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2060478#Comment_2060478

    im both sides player and i know better than you surv main

    if you are paranoid about a perk you are not better I guess hmm ?

  • @nemadrasteia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2060616#Comment_2060616

    if you are paranoid about a perk you are not better I guess hmm ?

    Every killer is paranoid about dead hard on high ranks go watch literally any good dbd streamer if you need confirmation

  • @GoobyNugget said:

    So uh, yeah. Dead Hard. I don't really gotta say anythin else for it. Just Dead Hard

    "Oi, nice Dead 'ard! Haha!"

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/EEB5L28PMINY/deadhard.gif

    Yea I got nothin' for Dead 'ard really. It's just... Dead Hard, y'know? I just can't explain it

    So uh, opinions on Dead Hard?

    @DragonMasterDarren gave me the idea for this. Thanks to him.

    I’ve said it once & I’ll say it again: Dead hard has the easiest counterplay: once you know the survivor has dead hard. You wait for them to use it, then swing & down them.

  • @meowzilla69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/237824/dead-hard-problem-or-not

    I’ve said it once & I’ll say it again: Dead hard has the easiest counterplay: once you know the survivor has dead hard. You wait for them to use it, then swing & down them.

    Explain how "wait for them to use it" applies to a dead hard *for distance*.

    Spoiler: It doesn't. When used for distance, it has no counter.

  • @JimbusCrimbus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2061010#Comment_2061010

    Explain how "wait for them to use it" applies to a dead hard *for distance*.

    Spoiler: It doesn't. When used for distance, it has no counter.

    I’ll elaborate further: If you catch a dead hard user in the open, the only thing they get is a few more seconds before going down. If they’re looping you with dead hard, they throw the pallet, one less loop to worry about. & if they’re near a jungle gym, time to find someone else to get. I get it it’s annoying, on certain situations you can wait, others you lose the chase. I do apologize for my vague remark without further elaboration.

  • Jesus christ this thread is... interesting

  • @meowzilla69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2061012#Comment_2061012

    I’ll elaborate further: If you catch a dead hard user in the open, the only thing they get is a few more seconds before going down. If they’re looping you with dead hard, they throw the pallet, one less loop to worry about. & if they’re near a jungle gym, time to find someone else to get. I get it it’s annoying, on certain situations you can wait, others you lose the chase. I do apologize for my vague remark without further elaboration.

    That's the issue. They should have gone down and are only up because of their perk. A killers time is 4x as valuable as a survivors time, and that's just broken.

1 2 3