Spirit and Nurse will be Nerfed

I don’t main these killers, haven’t tried Spirit and only tried Nurse once. I’m on PS4 and quite frankly playing as her made me sick and I couldn’t grasp her power at all, but that’s besides the point.

With the amount of survivor and youtubers complaining about always facing off against Spirit and Nurse in red ranks and such it’s almost a guarantee these two will get nerfed, and hard. I honestly don’t think either should be touched and I hate facing off against them as survivor myself. They are the only two killers that have a chance in red rank against SWF teams. If they are nerfed in any way I believe even more killer players will leave the game, cause you took their only way to face off against highly capable survivors. I mean who else they gonna use against these kind of players? Clown? Lol. Legion? Myers? No. If/when these two killers are nerfed it’s going to damage the game badly and the player base will suffer.

Comments

  • If MMR goes the way many people think it will, and the top tier survivors will be getting nothing but Nurses and Spirits, that may make that likely. Either that or they'll get rid of the MMR.

  • nerf spirit and nurse and killers will boycott the ######### game.


    those are the ONLY 2 killers even capable of dealing with bullshit SWF deathsquads and that's why everyone only plays those two because if they play literally any other killer they will get bullied by SWF


    So the obvious solution is to buff every killer to be on par to spirit and nurse and then we'll start seeing people play those characters more.


    OR if nurse and spirit get nerfed then so should SWF and then we'll see more variety in killers again because they won't get bullied to death by SWF


    but as of right now you nerf the only 2 killers capable of beating SWF then you'll cause killers to simply boycott this game. It's not our fault no other killer can keep up with SWF

  • Nurse won't be nerfed. She isn't overpowered. She was nerfed 2 years ago and she wasn't OP back then (her addons were busted) either.

    People complaining about Nurse these days need to uninstall the game and go play a game they can be good at. Like Minecraft. On peaceful mode.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    nerf spirit and nurse and killers will boycott the ######### game.

    those are the ONLY 2 killers even capable of dealing with bullshit SWF deathsquads and they are getting nerfed?

    welp it was nice knowing this game but it's clearly survivor sided and I am no longer wishing to play

    I’m not saying they are as a sure thing but anytime survivors complain hard about certain killers they usually get nerfed. Plus in red ranks survivors and such constantly complain about facing off against spirit and nurse. So they will probably nerf them to shut them up. I’m guessing when they are nerfed the devs will assume people will just switch to other killers, when in reality no one will play killer in high ranked matches anymore cause they have no chance.

  • @Dragonshensi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2055624#Comment_2055624

    I’m not saying they are as a sure thing but anytime survivors complain hard about certain killers they usually get nerfed. Plus in red ranks survivors and such constantly complain about facing off against spirit and nurse. So they will probably nerf them to shut them up. I’m guessing when they are nerfed the devs will assume people will just switch to other killers, when in reality no one will play killer in high ranked matches anymore cause they have no chance.

    You're not wrong. Survivors whine, things get nerfed.

    Undying was gutted in less than 5 months. It wasn't even that powerful if you weren't too stubborn to run the very viable counters that exist to it. 5 months, though. Of survivor whining.

    It took almost 5 years to see Decisive Strike get a real nerf so it was a fair perk.

  • @JimbusCrimbus said:

    Nurse won't be nerfed. She isn't overpowered. She was nerfed 2 years ago and she wasn't OP back then (her addons were busted) either.

    People complaining about Nurse these days need to uninstall the game and go play a game they can be good at. Like Minecraft. On peaceful mode.

    While I can somewhat understand survivors saying it’s boring just facing nurse and spirit but when you and your SWF friends are playing these two are the only killers that stand a chance. Either buff other killers for variety or stop complaining. Cause when they nerf these two then they won’t be getting any killers at all

  • Otz was playing clown, lost the game and the survivors were bullying and tbagging him and otz is one of the best killers


    and then he said "and you wonder why killers only play spirit and nurse"


    that video alone explained the entire problem with this game. If survivors are sick of spirit and nurse then SWF needs to be ######### balanced and then nerf those 2 killers


    or keep SWF the way it is but buff every killer to be on par with spirit and nurse.


    but if they nerf those 2 killers but SWF remains the same then killers will all quit the game.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    Otz was playing clown, lost the game and the survivors were bullying and tbagging him and otz is one of the best killers

    and then he said "and you wonder why killers only play spirit and nurse"

    that video alone explained the entire problem with this game. If survivors are sick of spirit and nurse then SWF needs to be ######### balanced and then nerf those 2 killers

    or keep SWF the way it is but buff every killer to be on par with spirit and nurse.

    but if they nerf those 2 killers but SWF remains the same then killers will all quit the game.

    Correction: Otz is one of the best killer streamers. The best killers don't stream the game.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    Otz was playing clown, lost the game and the survivors were bullying and tbagging him and otz is one of the best killers

    and then he said "and you wonder why killers only play spirit and nurse"

    that video alone explained the entire problem with this game. If survivors are sick of spirit and nurse then SWF needs to be ######### balanced and then nerf those 2 killers

    or keep SWF the way it is but buff every killer to be on par with spirit and nurse.

    but if they nerf those 2 killers but SWF remains the same then killers will all quit the game.

    They won’t touch SWF at all. In fact they endorse it. They recommend it. Their only option is to nerf or buff other killers. I’m not sure they will buff killers, but honestly the only option I see them doing is nerfing spirit and nurse. It will cause the less outrage in their mind and survivor mains will be all for it. Which will make the devs happy cause survivors spend their money on cosmetics more than killers.

  • @JimbusCrimbus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2055631#Comment_2055631

    You're not wrong. Survivors whine, things get nerfed.

    Undying was gutted in less than 5 months. It wasn't even that powerful if you weren't too stubborn to run the very viable counters that exist to it. 5 months, though. Of survivor whining.

    It took almost 5 years to see Decisive Strike get a real nerf so it was a fair perk.

    Cause only Killers were complaining about DS and they could care less. Only recently with the huge drop off in killer players are they somewhat starting to listen and pay attention to killer players.

  • @Dragonshensi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2055638#Comment_2055638

    They won’t touch SWF at all. In fact they endorse it. They recommend it. Their only option is to nerf or buff other killers. I’m not sure they will buff killers, but honestly the only option I see them doing is nerfing spirit and nurse. It will cause the less outrage in their mind and survivor mains will be all for it. Which will make the devs happy cause survivors spend their money on cosmetics more than killers.

    Don't be so sure. DS is finally getting nerfed. After nearly half a decade of being unfair and broken. Why? BHVR has realized that the reason survivor queues are so damn long is because killers aren't playing. Nobody wants to play killer because sometimes, with all the second chances survivors have, if they don't lose, they have to win the same trial multiple times until the survivors second chance have depleted.

    This is why the queue times are so long for survivor, the devs know this, and that's why now, they are starting to appease killers. They NEED more killers because there is no fix to long queue times.

  • @JimbusCrimbus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2055645#Comment_2055645

    Don't be so sure. DS is finally getting nerfed. After nearly half a decade of being unfair and broken. Why? BHVR has realized that the reason survivor queues are so damn long is because killers aren't playing. Nobody wants to play killer because sometimes, with all the second chances survivors have, if they don't lose, they have to win the same trial multiple times until the survivors second chance have depleted.

    This is why the queue times are so long for survivor, the devs know this, and that's why now, they are starting to appease killers. They NEED more killers because there is no fix to long queue times.

    I can only hope. I use to play Killer a lot when I first played this game. Only been playing since Jan. But after having a few fun matches and such and getting to rank 13 the fun quickly stopped. Kept getting SWF red ranks with all the meta perks. Stopped playing killer as much after that. If I’m getting these players at rank 13 I don’t want to experience any more if I progress

  • you nerf spirit and nurse and survivor queue times will be HOURS


    you reap what you sow

  • If Nurse gets nerfed I'm probably done with the game - She isn't overpowered it's the issue that you need to understand how her power works to play against her if the Nurse knows what they're doing. It's more so an issue of all survivors need to be on the same wavelength to play against a good one. Not even necessarily a solo survivor issue but more so the weakest link making the rest of the team more vulnerable than how most other killers do. Thing is she's one of the few killers in the game that's fun without addons and I hate playing with addons. Addons feels like a way to keep killers toned down and fuel the blood economy thing BHVR has going on with the bloodweb. Addons usually don't make the power balanced or interesting they usually just pad out numbers to where the numbers should have been in the first place. This is the main reason I enjoy Nurse.

    Spirit can be deleted for all I care - Definitely not overpowered but unfun to play against because of the passive phasing and no tell when using power. She's only strong because she's stupidly easy to use and deceive survivors with to the point where the best choice against her is to just keep running and make as much distance as you can by any means.


    edit - On second thought not even a probably - I'm barely holding on right now so yeah I'd quit - I play other killers but I like having Nurse as an option when I feel like not being bullied as an M1 killer. If I don't have a killer that rewards my mechanical ability with the game I won't play.

  • point of this thread?

  • @BioX said:

    point of this thread?

    Discussing how the Beanie Baby crash in the 90s affected the economy nationwide.

  • @Dragonshensi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2055714#Comment_2055714

    Discussing how the Beanie Baby crash in the 90s affected the economy nationwide.

    it didnt so lets move on then

  • Point of this post?

    Are you a moderator? No? Stop acting like one.

  • Nurse has already been nerfed and even got addons reworked. The devs said they won't touch her due to her high skill cap and low killrate.

    Hopefully we might see some Spirit changes in the future one day...

  • Spirit needs looking at even if it's minor tweaks. Nurse should be left alone imho; she has already been gutted once and really takes skill to learn her in the first place.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    Otz was playing clown, lost the game and the survivors were bullying and tbagging him and otz is one of the best killers

    and then he said "and you wonder why killers only play spirit and nurse"

    that video alone explained the entire problem with this game. If survivors are sick of spirit and nurse then SWF needs to be ######### balanced and then nerf those 2 killers

    or keep SWF the way it is but buff every killer to be on par with spirit and nurse.

    but if they nerf those 2 killers but SWF remains the same then killers will all quit the game.

    Catch 22

    If you buff all killers to be equal to nurse and spirit, solo players will get ######### on.

    SWF is the major imbalance in this game but the devs just won't do anything about it.

  • @BioX said:

    point of this thread?

    If you're not interested in a thread; simply don't read it...

  • sounds like the only logical solution is to simply just nerf SWF, remove SWF or limit their party to 2.


    but wait! You survivor mains will say "if you nerf SWF all survivors will quit"


    But isn't 4 player SWF like 6% of the playerbase? I don't think anyone would notice if 6% quit.

  • @TunnelVision said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2055714#Comment_2055714

    If you're not interested in a thread; simply don't read it...

    that doesnt make sense in 2 ways.

    1 how would I know I wasnt interested if I did not read it.

    2 I specifically asked for clarification so im showing interest....

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    sounds like the only logical solution is to simply just nerf SWF, remove SWF or limit their party to 2.

    but wait! You survivor mains will say "if you nerf SWF all survivors will quit"

    But isn't 4 player SWF like 6% of the playerbase? I don't think anyone would notice if 6% quit.

    Just saying a lot of people me included only play online games to play with friends so by limiting or removing swf they are restricting aloy of potential new players and the game will die quicker than it already is

  • @DecisiveDwight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2055799#Comment_2055799

    Just saying a lot of people me included only play online games to play with friends so by limiting or removing swf they are restricting aloy of potential new players and the game will die quicker than it already is

    You don't need a 4 player SWF


    2 is fine.

  • Cool so I can't play with 4 mates because killers can't handle it if they implement this have fun in long queues because survivors are slowly leaving

  • >killers get constantly matched with swf

    >the only killers that can compete with swf are nurse and spirit

    >obvious conclusion is to nerf nurse and spirit

  • Nurse doesn't need to be touched, she's already been reworked along with many bugs and terrible add ons. Spirit needs a rework to where you have actual counterplay to her, but also keep her strong at the same time. But yeah if MMR actually does work as it's intended, it's gonna expose a lot of the glaring issues that still have not be addressed for so long.

  • Nurse is fine, high skill cap rewards power. Spirit could definitely use a rework as her skill cap is too medium for a strong killer.

  • Nurse is completely fine for how hard she's to play.

    Spirit is not, too much potential for nearly no skill at all, she can perfectly be nerfed.

  • I haven’t played Spirit but watched streamers play her. It looks difficult to track survivors honestly when phasing. Cause you have to rely on scratch marks. Maybe that’s just me though. Once you come out of phase you have to blindly swing and hope for the best. Honestly I’ve been able to juke and get away from Spirits ok. Nurses, not so much.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    nerf spirit and nurse and killers will boycott the ######### game.

    those are the ONLY 2 killers even capable of dealing with bullshit SWF deathsquads and they are getting nerfed?

    welp it was nice knowing this game but it's clearly survivor sided and I am no longer wishing to play

    And with these 2 killers they’re not bullied the 1% matches against death squads swf, but they bully the 99% solos and normal swf.

  • Nurse needs a buff to make her beginner friendly. In the current state, nobody wants to learn this ######### killer.

  • @Dragonshensi said:

    I haven’t played Spirit but watched streamers play her. It looks difficult to track survivors honestly when phasing. Cause you have to rely on scratch marks. Maybe that’s just me though. Once you come out of phase you have to blindly swing and hope for the best. Honestly I’ve been able to juke and get away from Spirits ok. Nurses, not so much.

    took me 6 games to be able to 4k/3k+h as spirit most of the time. with a broken headset that doesn't have a functional right side 80% of the time and monosound because of it. it really wasn't that difficult to play her.

    nurse, meanwhile, took me 6 weeks to get to a level where i could reliably press m2 for somewhere near the correct distance and average 2ks. months to get to where i am now, where i rarely lose, and i'm really not a good nurse player.

    spirit really isn't that hard, especially compared to other very strong killers like PH, Blight, and Nurse.

  • Nurse really isn't OP, the only time where she feels overly oppressive is when she's slugging with perks to help her do so. However, it isn't the fault of the perks, nerfing Nurse further would make her even more unappealing to learn than she already is and nerfing slugging perks would make them practically useless on most other killers.

    Spirit on the other hand would probably benefit from some tweaks, making it so she gives more information to survivors would probably be the best thing for her, even if it means buffing her to compensate for this.

    Overall though, I can understand why survivors complain a lot about things in this game, with killers generally equipping perks and add-ons to combat SWF, if the survivors in a game were actually all solo queue, they'll hardly ever stand a chance seeing as they cannot efficiently communicate important information with one another that SWF get super easily. The devs really need to stick to their word of closing the gap between solo and SWF if we ever want the game to be properly balanced.

  • Nurse is fine, almost every single on of her add-ons literally do nothing helpful and she isn’t add-on reliant

  • Spirit probably yes

    Nurse hell no, she is so hard to use that i dont even get mad when getting stomped, just by thinking the amount of pain that the guy that stomped me suffered to learn how to play nurse should give him even extra blood points just by playing

  • @Dragonshensi said:

    I don’t main these killers, haven’t tried Spirit and only tried Nurse once. I’m on PS4 and quite frankly playing as her made me sick and I couldn’t grasp her power at all, but that’s besides the point.

    With the amount of survivor and youtubers complaining about always facing off against Spirit and Nurse in red ranks and such it’s almost a guarantee these two will get nerfed, and hard. I honestly don’t think either should be touched and I hate facing off against them as survivor myself. They are the only two killers that have a chance in red rank against SWF teams. If they are nerfed in any way I believe even more killer players will leave the game, cause you took their only way to face off against highly capable survivors. I mean who else they gonna use against these kind of players? Clown? Lol. Legion? Myers? No. If/when these two killers are nerfed it’s going to damage the game badly and the player base will suffer.

    I doubt it TBH.


    When MMR launches, and they look at their "beautiful" data, they will see that at the highest MMRs, that only spirit and nurse are viable and that no other killer stands a chance. They will look at that data and see the problems this game has and start fixing it. Then we will likely see a nerf to nurse and spirit.

  • @JimbusCrimbus said:

    Nurse won't be nerfed. She isn't overpowered. She was nerfed 2 years ago and she wasn't OP back then (her addons were busted) either.

    People complaining about Nurse these days need to uninstall the game and go play a game they can be good at. Like Minecraft. On peaceful mode.

    What is nurse’s weakness though? And no difficulty doesn’t count

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2055625#Comment_2055625

    What is nurse’s weakness though? And no difficulty doesn’t count

    well after she blinks she freezes up for a few seconds so I guess that’s a weakness. Have to be good and time your blinks well and hit them before you freeze up

  • @Dragonshensi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2056786#Comment_2056786

    well after she blinks she freezes up for a few seconds so I guess that’s a weakness. Have to be good and time your blinks well and hit them before you freeze up

    That’s just a penalty for missing that every killer has.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2055625#Comment_2055625

    What is nurse’s weakness though? And no difficulty doesn’t count

    i just recently found out that nurse can't start a blink if a flashlight is being shined on her and she can be lightburned from any side not that you have enough time to pull it off.

    other than that LOS, lockers, juking/exhaustion perks, and objects to try to turn it into 50/50's or so when she tries to hit you with her second blink oh and stealth.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    nerf spirit and nurse and killers will boycott the ######### game.

    those are the ONLY 2 killers even capable of dealing with bullshit SWF deathsquads and they are getting nerfed?

    welp it was nice knowing this game but it's clearly survivor sided and I am no longer wishing to play

    There is not only SWF teams you know? Buffing all killers will make game imposible for solo survivors. You really thinking that will solve all problems?

  • @Northener1907 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2055624#Comment_2055624

    There is not only SWF teams you know? Buffing all killers will make game imposible for solo survivors. You really thinking that will solve all problems?

    No, It will just make survivor take more skill against the buffed M1 killers.

    MMR will not change very much. Suppose MMR has goes from 0 to 100 where 0 is lowest and 100 is highest. All that MMR will do is prevent you from facing low MMR survivors/killers compare to yourself. Survivors that play the game well will have high MMR and those that do not will be low MMR. They'll still face every killer. Its just that weaker killers will never hit highest MMR because they will hit a skill-floor. Like for example, suppose your best Legion player in the world, your at 60 MMR, you beat 5 teams, the MMR goes up to 80. Now you start face 80-100 MMR teams, Suddenly you start face people that extremely good at looping M1 killers, much faster gen efficiency etc.. Suddenly you killer cannot keep up so you lose next 5 games and you will keep going 60 to 80 like seesaw up and down because your killer does not allow you to go past a certain point. Higher tier killers like Nurse will be top MMR and will stay there if they are skilled enough at that killer.

    Moral of the story, High MMR survivors will still face weaker killers and decimate them because MMR will over judge their skill from facing bad survivors. From system stand-point, they are not "skilled" enough to play vs that level. From player stand-point, their killer is too weak to compete. The only time you will not be matched of equal skill-level is if there is imbalance of killer to survivor player ratio than it is possible for like 10 MMR survivor to face 50 MMR one for example.

  • @Dragonshensi said:

    I don’t main these killers, haven’t tried Spirit and only tried Nurse once. I’m on PS4 and quite frankly playing as her made me sick and I couldn’t grasp her power at all, but that’s besides the point.

    With the amount of survivor and youtubers complaining about always facing off against Spirit and Nurse in red ranks and such it’s almost a guarantee these two will get nerfed, and hard. I honestly don’t think either should be touched and I hate facing off against them as survivor myself. They are the only two killers that have a chance in red rank against SWF teams. If they are nerfed in any way I believe even more killer players will leave the game, cause you took their only way to face off against highly capable survivors. I mean who else they gonna use against these kind of players? Clown? Lol. Legion? Myers? No. If/when these two killers are nerfed it’s going to damage the game badly and the player base will suffer.

    This should honestly be common knowledge for all games, but don't nerf the strong things, buff the weak things. Spirit and Nurse at most should get slight adjustments, but they should make where all the killers are much more viable.

  • @DecisiveDwight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2055833#Comment_2055833

    Cool so I can't play with 4 mates because killers can't handle it if they implement this have fun in long queues because survivors are slowly leaving

    I don't really care about the SWF at my lovely 10ish killer rank but I wouldn't care literally at all if SWF groups didn't break the survivor game by being on comms. I know it's impossible to remove that but anyone who plays SWF has to at least acknowledge they are gaining a huge advantage not built into the game.

    On-topic Nurse and Spirit are fine IMO. I can't play either very well on the PS but it seems like they are high skill cap killers that do their job of countering high-level survivor groups.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2055625#Comment_2055625

    What is nurse’s weakness though? And no difficulty doesn’t count

    Learning curve does count. You can't ask a question and then gatekeep reasonable answers. Her weakness is also line of sight. That's why she's trash on indoor maps and corn all together. If you're getting caught by a Nurse on those maps, you were predictable. Plain and simple.