You know any upcoming chapter is a failure when

  • you forget it's even coming out until day X
  • you say "cool, what is the next chapter" after seeing the killer, survivors and their abilities.
  • you don't have bloodpoints capped + 8000 shards by the release of the chapter
  • you are more hyped for the buffs&nerfs it brings
  • there's no new map or even graphical update
  • when even a fixed bug is a more interesting topic to discuss

What else did I miss?

Comments

  • @Profezia said:

    • you forget it's even coming out until day X
    • you say "cool, what is the next chapter" after seeing the killer, survivors and their abilities.
    • you don't have bloodpoints capped + 8000 shards by the release of the chapter
    • you are more hyped for the buffs&nerfs it brings
    • there's no new map or even graphical update
    • when even a fixed bug is a more interesting topic to discuss

    What else did I miss?

    You forgot that the hype train aka streamers and youtubers have barely even pumped out any content with the new killer. There’s a smattering here and there but that’s about it. If the hype train barely notices your next big content update, you can comfortably bet your life savings that it’s going to be subpar.

  • Idk I’m excited

  • @GrimReaperJr1232 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2047739#Comment_2047739

    Twins are strong if you don't mind playing very scummy. Trickster... I don't even know scummy playstyles that would be effective.

    Starstruck, agitation, mad grit, and infectious fright.

  • @Profezia said:

    • you forget it's even coming out until day X
    • you say "cool, what is the next chapter" after seeing the killer, survivors and their abilities.
    • you don't have bloodpoints capped + 8000 shards by the release of the chapter
    • you are more hyped for the buffs&nerfs it brings
    • there's no new map or even graphical update
    • when even a fixed bug is a more interesting topic to discuss

    What else did I miss?

    I haven't got excited for a chapter since SH. And that was awful. Thankfully Blight was great. However, Twins was an incredible disappointment and while I like Tricksters theme and design, his power is extremely bland and may as well not exist.

    I said this a while ago but they're completely out of interesting killer power designs.

    Blight was the most interesting killer in nearly 2 years and he's just a guy who runs fast.

  • @TauNkosi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2047748#Comment_2047748

    Starstruck, agitation, mad grit, and infectious fright.

    Those are perks, not the killer. Nurse will have a field day though.

  • @KiwiCoattails said:

    Meanwhile there’s me counting down the days until I become a Trickster main.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/UEOAAQ84YVAT/fab72575-5ede-4f53-88d3-01d073f81e1a.gif

    Same here

  • The only things about it I don't like is it's asthetic and the killer's power. Like how does k-pop fit into a horror game? You might as well add a cocomelon themed chapter while your at it. 2nd, I can imagine his power being super annoying. Like, just a bunch of knives being thrown at you? Sure it takes multiple hits to injure/down you but it must be really hard to dodge. He is basically huntress with extra steps.

  • @Blueberry said:

    Really hope this extra time is giving him some significant buffs because this is looking like Twins 2.0.

    I imagine it being bug-fixes. Normally they just release bugged chapter and than hotfix it later. I think the major change in chapter is literally the decisive strike change.

  • @Gods_Lil_Reject said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2048917#Comment_2048917

    I'm sorry, what exactly does this have to do with "get woke, go broke"? Not only does this have nothing to do with "wokeness", but you're already jumping to the conclusion that this won't make money based off a couple posts. I'm not defending BHVR, but you're using a dumb expression in an even dumber context.

    I can't help it if you don't understand that man. This is obviously about being woke. Instead of just creating art, they are doing it for a certain group of people. It's pandering. And when you do that you don't create very good art.

    And there's no way I'm saying it's not gonna make money just for the reason you stated. Now you think I know why I make statements suddenly?

  • @Tboneisyourbro said:

    The only things about it I don't like is it's asthetic and the killer's power. Like how does k-pop fit into a horror game? You might as well add a cocomelon themed chapter while your at it. 2nd, I can imagine his power being super annoying. Like, just a bunch of knives being thrown at you? Sure it takes multiple hits to injure/down you but it must be really hard to dodge. He is basically huntress with extra steps.

    Because it's pandering. It's like I told the other guy when they pander they just make weird forced things that don't fit.

  • @Blindninja said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2050259#Comment_2050259

    I can't help it if you don't understand that man. This is obviously about being woke. Instead of just creating art, they are doing it for a certain group of people. It's pandering. And when you do that you don't create very good art.

    And there's no way I'm saying it's not gonna make money just for the reason you stated. Now you think I know why I make statements suddenly?

    Which group of people?

  • While the girl looks like a Korean Jane, which I’m all for, the killer fees like the devs are memeing. I want the survivor. I can probably leave the killer

  • @Shroompy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2047727#Comment_2047727

    Yes they are, if you think about it a Trickster who wants YOU and ONLY YOU downed he most likely will get it, same with Old Legion.

    this is the case for every killer right? if not, the game would be broken.

    if you add "it takes ages until you get the 'secure' down" then you might compare them. if you think the trickster will get you in no time, you could rather compare him to nurse or PH?

  • @Profezia said:

    • you forget it's even coming out until day X
    • you say "cool, what is the next chapter" after seeing the killer, survivors and their abilities.
    • you don't have bloodpoints capped + 8000 shards by the release of the chapter
    • you are more hyped for the buffs&nerfs it brings
    • there's no new map or even graphical update
    • when even a fixed bug is a more interesting topic to discuss

    What else did I miss?

    Humans please don't cry! If you don't like the killer... Some people are going to enjoy playing him; some people -- not. Not may people like paying Plague -- she is my girl. I love her! Not many people enjoy playing Demogorgon -- I love playing her too! She is my girl!

    Many people like playing Freddy and Spirit. I have enough shards for Spirit, but I don't like her. And her brother too. And I am not going to purchase Freddy.

    C'mon the changes to Blight and Wraith are great. And DS! Only this thing makes the upcoming patch a success.

    P.S.: BHVR, I want to see the killer from Evil Within. The boy or his beautiful sister!

  • I'm lowkey more excited for the Wraith/Blight fixes than the new chapter itself.

  • When even if you somehow had enough resources to buy as many characters you want you still wouldn't go for the killer because he lacks looks for a horror game which is the primary thing and he has combined (kind of) power from 2 killers who are already in the game

  • I want Smash-hit soo badly. Even if you fudge up a pallet stun and get hit anyway, the speed boost from both combined will be quite delicious.


    I really REALLY want to love Trickster, he oozes my aesthetic, but damn his power needs loves. Instead they nerfed the only addon that made him sorta okay. Why? 50% bonus laceration from the ricochet hits. That made the 8 stacks applicable in around 6-10 (giving some padding for their weird aim), which is much better than base. I'll end up getting him regardless, and fingers crossed they give him some love.

  • It's a failure when the fanart of the killer is higher quality than his gameplay

  • @PlantCollector said:

    I personally also feel like a lot of the tricksters animations are copy and paste.

    • Gen damage = oni with blood fury
    • main event end = legion
    • vaulting = legion but slower
    • way he holds the weapon = huntress (if im not misstaken)
    • etc.

    The power looks interesting, even though it is probably most of the time more efficient to just m1 than spamm a total of 8 blades into someone for 1 health state. Not to forget they lose the blades over time which makes it all even worse.

    Yeah, i don't know. I feel like theres not much effort put into this one besides probably the music, lore and appearance.

    Just my opinion.

    Nothing of Trickster is copied or pasted.

  • Aren't his hex perks good?

  • I would be excited if the killer ACTUALLY had an UINQUE power instead of a mix between Huntress and Legion. Very weak and unimaginative.

  • @Tboneisyourbro said:

    The only things about it I don't like is it's asthetic and the killer's power. Like how does k-pop fit into a horror game? You might as well add a cocomelon themed chapter while your at it. 2nd, I can imagine his power being super annoying. Like, just a bunch of knives being thrown at you? Sure it takes multiple hits to injure/down you but it must be really hard to dodge. He is basically huntress with extra steps.

    A killer being an entertainer and just being an attention #########, who also has a pretty cool and fitting lore doesn’t fit as a killer, because it’s KPop? Sorry but the flashy look does fit just as a Cowboy fits or a blue skinned Asian college girl.

    You don’t have to like it, but then just say so. That’s totally okay, you don’t have to play as him or anything.

  • @Tboneisyourbro said:

    The only things about it I don't like is it's asthetic and the killer's power. Like how does k-pop fit into a horror game? You might as well add a cocomelon themed chapter while your at it. 2nd, I can imagine his power being super annoying. Like, just a bunch of knives being thrown at you? Sure it takes multiple hits to injure/down you but it must be really hard to dodge. He is basically huntress with extra steps.

    I agree with the one post I read somewhere that said something like

    ~the new killer is literally Sander Cohen from Bioshock

    The horror part is the artist going above and beyond the realize their work. Going as far as killing to do it. But that's kind of it.

  • I don't even know how you want to play this killer without the red exposed addon. He is just a weaker huntress / ds.

  • @El_Gingero said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/236996/you-know-any-upcoming-chapter-is-a-failure-when

    You forgot that the hype train aka streamers and youtubers have barely even pumped out any content with the new killer. There’s a smattering here and there but that’s about it. If the hype train barely notices your next big content update, you can comfortably bet your life savings that it’s going to be subpar.

    Streamers are taking breaks/not playing it seems. I don't look at twitch as much as I used to because this chapter I have less interest in than any previous chapter, and then it was delayed on top of that, this all has me not feeling dbd much the last few weeks. Steam charts show the same, not down a ton but definitely trending slowly down. I don't think this chapter is going to view much of a bump either. Imo they really needed a cool license for this chapter, and we are getting not that at all. If they don't pull out all the stops for anniversary chapter, gonna predict this game is going down.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    I know a chapter sucks when I HAVE 9000 shards and I don't even want the new characters.

    I wanna get kate the beanie : ) not really motivated to play the new killer, maybe in the future if they tweak him properly

  • I'd have to agree, the new killer is lame, his design and general backstory are dull and the only thing I have the slightest interest in are the new perks he and his survivor bring. Sorry Behaviour, but you missed the mark on this one, bad.

  • @Profezia said:

    • you forget it's even coming out until day X
    • you say "cool, what is the next chapter" after seeing the killer, survivors and their abilities.
    • you don't have bloodpoints capped + 8000 shards by the release of the chapter
    • you are more hyped for the buffs&nerfs it brings
    • there's no new map or even graphical update
    • when even a fixed bug is a more interesting topic to discuss

    What else did I miss?

    @Zaytex said:

    When the vast majority of the community agrees the new killer is very weak and needs buffs to improve him, only for the developers to turn around and nerf an add-on that made his power somewhat bearable and decent, not giving anymore in the process except a double ricochet useless mechanic.

    here’s a thing what if the huge delay in release is there doing a overhaul and giving the buffs

  • LMFAO

    BHVR doesn't do anything that requires minimal effort. When have they ever made drastic changes to a killer from the PTB to live?

  • @GrimReaperJr1232 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2047739#Comment_2047739

    Twins are strong if you don't mind playing very scummy. Trickster... I don't even know scummy playstyles that would be effective.

    It's not scummy. It's playing the game. Just because survivors don't like something doesn't make it scummy. Let's get that straight.

  • I’m actually really hyped for the Trickster. I never play Killer, and that’s mostly because none of them really grab at me in any way. The Trickster, however, is super flamboyant and stands out a lot from the rest of the cast, which is right up my alley in terms of aesthetic. His outfit, animations, and even that little wink he does in the lobby are all just perfect. Even if he turns out super weak (which I’m not so sure about yet - I find that most say that about every Killer in PTB that I’ve seen and they usually turn out fine on release), I’m planning on trying to main him. I’ve even been trying to buy some perks at the last minute so that I can have him be pretty well-equipped relatively quickly once he releases.

  • @Zaytex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2055351#Comment_2055351

    LMFAO

    BHVR doesn't do anything that requires minimal effort. When have they ever made drastic changes to a killer from the PTB to live?

    Never know

  • Gotta remember “sUrViVoR FuN”

  • @Zaytex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2047714#Comment_2047714

    Right because Old Legion and Trickster are anything alike, right?

    Absolutely, Old legion could make downs inevitable, while slow. This is that but even slower dependent on accuracy.

1 2 ›