Rank matters (vets only)
Warning. this thread will either make total sense if youre a vet, or upset you if youre a casual. if you find yourself getting upset about it, back up and recognize that it wasnt intended for you.
We regularly hear from low rank randos about how rank doesnt matter.
The truth however is that is does. The gameplay is far different at rank1 than rank15. At rank1, you deal with far more skilled players on both sides, who are bringing better items, using better offerings, and i see moris at least 50% of games.
The harsh reality is that the average player is bad, real bad. the majority of our population plays between rank10-20, however humans dont do well with thinking they are average. Its far easier to play at scrub ranks and tell themselves that rank simply doesnt matter, or that rank1 just isnt fun, which actually translates into “i get less points and survive/kill less at rank1”.
The result of all this, is that you see well known and even sponsored streamers DCing to play at rank15, because they can convince themselves and their followers that this is where the game is “fun”.
fun, means differnent things to different people, but for people who play at rank1, we play for a challenge, not SWFing down rank15 killers. if we didnt play for a challenge, we would be deranking to earn more bp per game with easier wins.
people need to start supporting actual skilled players, not these deranking scrubs. if the person youre watching is DCing, or running SWF and bullying low rank killers, stop supporting them.
if you like watching survivor gameplay, find some solo survivor, preferably one who plays with no items or offerings, or no perks even, and watch them. you will learn more, see better gameplay, and ultimately be doing right by the game and its community by not supporting bad streamers.
on a more personal level, if youre a player, stop DCing. get to rank1 and play there. your achievement for “getting there” means nothing. actually play there, for the rest of whatever season, and the next, and the next. you will be better for it.
if this thread makes no sense to you, or is offensive, then you do not play at rank1. you may have got there during a double bp farming event for the achievement, but you clearly arent playing there.
We regularly hear from low rank randos about how rank doesnt matter.
The truth however is that is does. The gameplay is far different at rank1 than rank15. At rank1, you deal with far more skilled players on both sides, who are bringing better items, using better offerings, and i see moris at least 50% of games.
The harsh reality is that the average player is bad, real bad. the majority of our population plays between rank10-20, however humans dont do well with thinking they are average. Its far easier to play at scrub ranks and tell themselves that rank simply doesnt matter, or that rank1 just isnt fun, which actually translates into “i get less points and survive/kill less at rank1”.
The result of all this, is that you see well known and even sponsored streamers DCing to play at rank15, because they can convince themselves and their followers that this is where the game is “fun”.
fun, means differnent things to different people, but for people who play at rank1, we play for a challenge, not SWFing down rank15 killers. if we didnt play for a challenge, we would be deranking to earn more bp per game with easier wins.
people need to start supporting actual skilled players, not these deranking scrubs. if the person youre watching is DCing, or running SWF and bullying low rank killers, stop supporting them.
if you like watching survivor gameplay, find some solo survivor, preferably one who plays with no items or offerings, or no perks even, and watch them. you will learn more, see better gameplay, and ultimately be doing right by the game and its community by not supporting bad streamers.
on a more personal level, if youre a player, stop DCing. get to rank1 and play there. your achievement for “getting there” means nothing. actually play there, for the rest of whatever season, and the next, and the next. you will be better for it.
if this thread makes no sense to you, or is offensive, then you do not play at rank1. you may have got there during a double bp farming event for the achievement, but you clearly arent playing there.
Tagged:
Mod
Comments
I have yet to see him as killer or survivor. Not sure when he plays but i have seen some on the forum who have ran into him. He does have many, many disciples.
I think it depends on how you look at it. I think it matters in a sense that people in the high ranks will likely have more experience, know mindgames, and know to prioritize certain gens. But I wouldn't say it's an accurate representation of skill. It's too easy to get to rank 1, some people are boosted, some farmed to get there.Then there's deranking. ZombeiGenesis pretty much nailed it.
This is a.... "If you don't agree with me... then you are a ...." post. luls.
Your post comes off as a streamer who is jealous they don't get the "support" from the community for playing the game in a certain way.
If a streamer has the viewership doing what they are doing on stream... then maybe it says something about what the community looks for in their "entertainment" for Dbd.
If you don't like that people can DC to derank and not get banned for it, then maybe take that up with the Devs. It speaks of the whole ranking system if that is an issue.
You have different issues in your post and intertwine them to come up with a way to dismiss people who don't agree. Separate them out.
Who is a vet? What do you define as a vet compared to a casual player?... Vet as in hardcore 8 hr + day player?.. A vet who has played for 2 years, but only plays 2 matches a day? A casual player who plays 1 match every day for 2 years?... You put up a couple of terms that don't go together as a way to dismiss people who don't agree with you.
Offensive?... Finding the post offensive? Because you tell people not to support those that YOU don't find "fun" and also define to them what "fun" is to you in Dbd, and say someone else version of "fun" is incorrect? So if they don't agree with your definition of "fun" then this post isn't for you... or you are a casual player.. not a vet... ??? Weird.
But of course I'll be in the wrong... I guess I'm not a vet player or not someone who this post was directed to... because I didn't agree with you and give you a stroke for it. I didn't fit within your definitions, the one you are trying to force down my throat while at the same time telling me to get lost.
TL;DR. Your post is really weird.
This post could have been interesting if it wasn't so hate filled. Very angry and aggressive way to try and get your point across in what you may see as an issue in the game / community.
I'm failing to see the "aggressivines" in OP topic... sure the discussion is quite animated but is kind of a "sensitive topic" soo a bit of ego is expected
> And the next step is to make rank personal to each killer, i cant understand how is it possible that they admit "not all killer are good a top rank" but the rank is generalized for all killers, so if you are top rank with one of them, well you have to go top rank with all of them... that make no sense.
I think this last point you mentioned is a great idea I would completely support. I think we all agree on different survivors being just skins (aside from a slight advantage at stealth for some of them), but killers have such different playstyles that they should definitely be ranked individually.
This would also give you the chance to learn a new killer without getting absolutely destroyed in the red ranks if you already made it there. And IMO, of course there's a big difference in the quality of gameplay displayed there 80% of the time, from both sides of the ball.
Bean is pretty much spot on. Any opinion that went against his he deemed that person as a terrible player that didn't have the right to an opinion. There were people that came in and said... "I'm a casual but I agree." So he decides... Hey buddy. It's okay to be casual because you agree with me! But you'll get rank 1 someday. Because clearly you're intelligent because you think like I do.
With my posts he went from telling me I'm a terrible player that will never be high ranked. I posted when I got my rank 1 achievement. Then told me I have an ego problem and want to brag about my rank. And then two posts later continued to tell me that my opinion doesn't matter because I'll never be rank 1.
Bean hit it spot on with his post. This guy doesn't read into someones words. He looks for two things. "I agree" or "I disagree." If you agree then you are a vet in his eyes. Doesn't matter how casual you actually are. If you disagree you're a piece of trash that will never be good at anything. Pretty much sums up the level of crazy that this guy is.
Obvious troll is obvious
While I can say I am a vet... ( I have had this game since release. Also played during the tail end of the beta. ) I wont say that I am all that great. I do not really play Hillbilly,Nurse, or Huntress. Huntress I play more than the other two.. but still.. I mostly play killers like Wraith and Freddy,Myers,Leatherface,Hag.. ( Yea I know I am a oddball ) as well as basically all the other killers ( The ones listed are the ones I probably play more than the others. Wraith and Freddy probably more than the others. Myers is up there too.. )
I do agree that they need to go outside of the dev group and find a decent size amount of the top end players. ( who are not streamers.. Sure some streamers would be fine but most of them are not that great lets be honest. ) I say outside of the dev group due to the fact that.. lets be honest.. Not a single one would do well in the top end. They have a hard time in the low end as is..
Even then in the top end you do see people who should not be there.. But due to the way the game is "balanced" you see people that should not be there.. at all.. Sadly.
It is aggressive to me because right within the first few lines the OP is already trying to dismiss you for not agreeing. Before they even have attempted to get their opinion out. Didn't even bother to hold that part till the end. Basically trying to bias your opinion on the subject right off the bat.
..
Rank only means something in some cases. But most of the time it doesn't mean anything. I'm rank 1 for surv and killer, and I find that the only difference is that at red rank you have a CHANCE to get players that know how to play the game. Keyword is chance, because there are a ton of rank 1 survs/killers that really don't know how to play the game and only got there by grinding or boosting.
All the time as surv or killer I see survs make really stupid choices. Like I make mistakes from time to time, I get it, but sometimes it's just the absolute dumbest thing you can do in a given situation. And it's not just once either, they repeatedly make the same mistake over and over. I caught so many survivors running the same loop the wrong way multiple times in a game I have a hard time believing they would be so dumb to make the same mistakes. And I see killers all the time that just have no idea how to pressure survivors or how to chase at rank 1. Again, there are red rank killers that know what they are doing, and they are more abundant at this rank than rank 10 or whatever, but there are still tons of bad killers at rank 1. You can tell they are bad killers because they fall for easy tricks and they are usually the super campy/tunnely ones that only got to red ranks because of all the bad survivors they faced at low ranks that don't punish them.
Getting to rank 1 isn't completely based on skill, it's more based on time commitment. Ironically, it's the rank 1 Freddy's that end up being some of the best killers because you have to be a good killer to play him against good survivors (which again are just more common at red rank than other ranks).
The games are are much better at red ranks. Anything up to rank 5-6 are way too easy.
playing killer at any rank is fun. But playing solo survivor at any rank other than red ranks is often not fun at all.
If youve never been a rank one killer, then you simply do not have enough knowledge about this game to have an input on anything because your opinion is not based on much.
I used to be a survivor main for months. Decided to try killer. Only played Michael, making tons of adjustments, and made my way to rank one killer on the old system. Playing against rank one survivors, you really see how the game is supposed to be played. I even got much better as a survivor after achieving ranknon
@thesuicidefox
But what do you mean by people that know how to play the game. That's the whole problem with the ranking system in a game like DBD. As a rank 1 survivor I do not pallet loop or use jungle gyms. I don't body block killers so he can't hook a survivor. I don't run around with four flashlights like team players and prevent the killer from getting kills. I just repair a gen and then hope to get a decent chase out of the killer. Where as some players... They think that being a rank 1 means you have to take it seriously. You're not helping your team if you don't loop the killer like everyone else. You get flamed if you use the killer shack pallet. There's all these rules that rank 1 survivors have for each other. But some people don't want to play like that. They want to play a fun match and not care about rank. But unfortunately it's way too easy to rank up. So you get stuck with players like me on your team that get chased down and actually die to a killer.
Same for killer. Some use mori's and face camp and tunnel to rank up. Other killers enjoy the 'chase' aspect of the game. They want to chase and down people. Put them on a hook without being griefed and then take another chase. They don't care if they come away with 0 games as long as they know they made it hard for the survivors. Yet killers also rank up because it's way too easy not to. It all comes down to the key point. Ranking up is too easy. And it mixes all the try hards and casuals into the same games.
Let's just call it what it is. There's really no number rank that means anything in this game. You have the Rank 1 try hards and the rank 1 casuals. And because of that it makes rank not matter a damn bit.
being rank one is not sufficient to being good at the game, it is necessary though.
Exactly. And it is precisely why the game needs a casual, non-ranked mode that also gives Bloodpoints, unlike KYF. I don't want to rank-up and be expected to tryhard every match. As I said, I did that in Overwatch (and Heroes of the Storm) and I'm done with that style of play. It's no longer fun for me. I'm playing a video game just to relax. I just want to hunt people as Myers or Freddy or Leatherface, the horror icons I grew-up watching repeatedly. I just want to relax and play casually. I don't care if all four escaped in the end on some matches, just having some good chases and feeling like a horror killer is enough for me.
Either give us an unranked mode, or redesign the Pip system so it is a lot more difficult to achieve.
People that know how to play the game are people that understand how to do certain things and when to do them. Contrary to popular belief, there is a RIGHT and a WRONG way to play a video game. The RIGHT way to play is to play optimally and play to win because that's ultimately how the game was designed to function and flow. Playing it wrong is to play against this design, and while you can play a game any way you want if you play it wrong then you will lose against someone playing right.
For example, in Chess if you only focus on using pawns and never utilize your other pieces you are objectively playing the game wrong because such a tactic will always lose to someone that uses all the pieces. You have every right to play this way if you want, but to do so means that you will lose. Another example, in Street Fighter trying to play a character that is designed to be a zoner as a rushdown. While it may work from time to time, when you go against a player using a character the way they were designed you will lose because you are not playing to your character's strengths, you are not optimizing.
People hate when I say that there is a right and wrong way to play a video game, but it's the truth. And I'm not telling you that you must play the right way, just that if you play the WRONG way you are destined to lose. The players that play "wrong" are often the ones that want the most extreme changes to the game to make what they are doing the right way to play, and that's a huge problem. Like, if you want to play a super rushdown style in SF then pick a rushdown character. Don't try to fit a square block into the circle hole, and don't carve out the hole to make the square fit either.
In DBD, you can tell who knows what they are doing by what they do. A killer that knows where to go and how to scramble survivors is going to win because they are playing right. A killer that just chases one guy all game around an obvious time consuming loop and never pressures the other survivors is playing wrong, and will lose. The problem is the latter type of killers complain about survivors looping or gen rushing when in most cases it happens because the killer played wrong. It's like if a pitcher always throws a fastball right down the middle of the plate and expects to get a strikeout every time, they are playing wrong because it's not about how fast you can throw the ball, it's about making the batter swing and miss.
And that's not to say you can play right and always win. There is the factor of execution. You could know what to do but if you can't pull it off then that knowledge is worthless. But someone that play's right poorly will win more often than someone that plays wrong very well, if that makes sense.
PS. Also there can be several "right" ways to play a game. I'm not saying there is a single specific right way, most games have multiple "right" ways to play. But there are also objectively "wrong" ways to play, again it all comes down to optimization and playing to win.
The way the ranking system works is a progressional reward system. Ranks are rewarded based on consistency in playing good and completing objectives. You have to have more good games than bad ones in order to rank down, and you have good games by completing the criteria of the emblem system, which in itself demands that survivors put themselves out there and get better at the game!
To be at low rank shows that on average, you are consistently getting more wins and playing smarter. It shows thst you have a better foundational knowledge of the game and can adapt to its many variables! You are up against much better players and still managing to win due to your knowledge of the game and experience. So rank equals skill, hands down!
If this wasnt the case then explain to me how I powered through ranks 20-8 no problems with tons of 4ks as killer and then now at rank 5-2 (2 being the best Ive reached) im getting maybe 50/50 on wins. I know why! Im not facing RATS anymore, but skilled and knowledgable people. Its simple.
And while I personally found survivor to be ezpz to play (20 to rank 1 in 2 weeks) I can also say that its the same as far as skill and rank. You can almost smell a noob and just know when a noob is gonna mess up or screw their teamate over and I find that at rank 3-1 survivors RARELY mess up. It shows me that exoeroence and knowledge equals skill in Dbd!
anyone who doesn’t understand your post, when it comes to dbd at least, they are totally #########.
This post is truth. And I rather name call because I know this truth also. Just why the ######### do I gotta hold someone’s hand. Thanks for trying to hold peoples hand lol.
The fish dont know thyre fish unfortuantely. Just wanna live off their ignorant opinions
So if people do not share your opinion they're #########. Nice logic m8. Good to see the DBD community is full of intelligent people.
i have had this game for over a year dont know if that makes me a vet but i dont care about rank if anything it doesnt help with survivors being a more "powerful" role since its as easy to get low in ranks as it is to go up. Its a flawed system that does need to be fixed.
This is exactly what you want to believe. Your ego couldn't handle reality.
Saying people are entitled to their opinion so the guy who is ######### at this game, who probably can’t even spell red ranks, and has only played the game for a month, can have a voice, is stupid.
By your logic you would believe 10 year olds should be able to vote because well they have opinions too right?
@michaelmyers87
Almost everyone has achieved rank 1 survivor and killer if they've spent 200 hours on this game. That means most players have an opinion that matter just as much as the next persons. It's mind blowing that you guys think that you're more important then anyone else. Complete clowns.
I like how he compares allowing 10 year olds who don't know any better to decide the fate of a country to making comments about an 18+ rated game.
Dear lord.
I didn’t compare. I just showed the inconsistency in logic.
@michaelmyers87
I was rank 1 survivor and killer the first month the game came out. When there were infinite jukes in the game. I don't understand why I'm getting flamed by a group of apes that probably couldn't even compete with me. And I'm capable of admitting I'm not even that great.
yawn
Another person thinking their opinion means more BECUS MUH RANK WUN KILLUR BTW.
Oh look, I got rank one on the old system, suddenly my opinion matters more than others, or not.
Ranking has always been pretty easy on both sides.
Sure buddy, we'll go with that.
Agree on your points. While the ranking system is heavily flawed, the only people actually claiming that rank doesn't matter at all are the ones that can't get there/continuously play there. There are a large amount of players, especially on the survivor side that shouldn't be anywhere near their current ranks either. They are getting carried by the devs still holding their hands. They have artificially inflated survivor ranks.
In the first post of the thread you talked about how rank 1's are the only thing that matter. That you're a god at the game because you have reached rank 1. I don't get why you keep bouncing back and forth on your statements. One moment only your opinion matters cause you're rank 1. The next minute it's too easy. Make up your mind.
at this point however, your personal butthurt toward my statements shouldnt matter when you can clearly see the dozens of actual vets agreeing with it vs the low hour salties getting mad. this isnt rocket science. figure it out.
now stop trying to derail the thread with your personal issues. the thread isnt for you. bye felicia
so is saying you are a "vet" at this game now the new "as a rank 1 killer" xD
If rank were a mode for hardcore players to pick then yes, it would mean more. Currently they might as well remove it and save themselves alot of toxicity.