Rank matters (vets only)
Warning. this thread will either make total sense if youre a vet, or upset you if youre a casual. if you find yourself getting upset about it, back up and recognize that it wasnt intended for you.
We regularly hear from low rank randos about how rank doesnt matter.
The truth however is that is does. The gameplay is far different at rank1 than rank15. At rank1, you deal with far more skilled players on both sides, who are bringing better items, using better offerings, and i see moris at least 50% of games.
The harsh reality is that the average player is bad, real bad. the majority of our population plays between rank10-20, however humans dont do well with thinking they are average. Its far easier to play at scrub ranks and tell themselves that rank simply doesnt matter, or that rank1 just isnt fun, which actually translates into “i get less points and survive/kill less at rank1”.
The result of all this, is that you see well known and even sponsored streamers DCing to play at rank15, because they can convince themselves and their followers that this is where the game is “fun”.
fun, means differnent things to different people, but for people who play at rank1, we play for a challenge, not SWFing down rank15 killers. if we didnt play for a challenge, we would be deranking to earn more bp per game with easier wins.
people need to start supporting actual skilled players, not these deranking scrubs. if the person youre watching is DCing, or running SWF and bullying low rank killers, stop supporting them.
if you like watching survivor gameplay, find some solo survivor, preferably one who plays with no items or offerings, or no perks even, and watch them. you will learn more, see better gameplay, and ultimately be doing right by the game and its community by not supporting bad streamers.
on a more personal level, if youre a player, stop DCing. get to rank1 and play there. your achievement for “getting there” means nothing. actually play there, for the rest of whatever season, and the next, and the next. you will be better for it.
if this thread makes no sense to you, or is offensive, then you do not play at rank1. you may have got there during a double bp farming event for the achievement, but you clearly arent playing there.
We regularly hear from low rank randos about how rank doesnt matter.
The truth however is that is does. The gameplay is far different at rank1 than rank15. At rank1, you deal with far more skilled players on both sides, who are bringing better items, using better offerings, and i see moris at least 50% of games.
The harsh reality is that the average player is bad, real bad. the majority of our population plays between rank10-20, however humans dont do well with thinking they are average. Its far easier to play at scrub ranks and tell themselves that rank simply doesnt matter, or that rank1 just isnt fun, which actually translates into “i get less points and survive/kill less at rank1”.
The result of all this, is that you see well known and even sponsored streamers DCing to play at rank15, because they can convince themselves and their followers that this is where the game is “fun”.
fun, means differnent things to different people, but for people who play at rank1, we play for a challenge, not SWFing down rank15 killers. if we didnt play for a challenge, we would be deranking to earn more bp per game with easier wins.
people need to start supporting actual skilled players, not these deranking scrubs. if the person youre watching is DCing, or running SWF and bullying low rank killers, stop supporting them.
if you like watching survivor gameplay, find some solo survivor, preferably one who plays with no items or offerings, or no perks even, and watch them. you will learn more, see better gameplay, and ultimately be doing right by the game and its community by not supporting bad streamers.
on a more personal level, if youre a player, stop DCing. get to rank1 and play there. your achievement for “getting there” means nothing. actually play there, for the rest of whatever season, and the next, and the next. you will be better for it.
if this thread makes no sense to you, or is offensive, then you do not play at rank1. you may have got there during a double bp farming event for the achievement, but you clearly arent playing there.
Tagged:
Mod
Comments
That would be actually nice. I love the idea of regular tournaments. That´s how R6 got big.
ive never said im good. good players dont call themselves good. i simply stated that i play at rank1, unlike yourself. its your butthurt subconscious that twists that into me claiming to be the best.
dont worry, you will get better at it with time, if you dont ragequit first, which sounds more likely judging by all your rage.
any absolute brainlet can get rank 1 as long as they play enough games
Read the OP text, interesting, started reading the answers... not that much interesting...
For the OP
I'm rank 1 killer Main.
Totally agree that rank 1 is harder and (to me) it really count.
But i have to say, sometime (more than sometime) you find players who don't really seem to have rank 1 skill...
I just finished a rotation of all killers at rank 1 with no perks and no addons, and i menaged to have at least safe pip and 1k or even 4k (never 2 pip)
The fact is, aside for the "fact that i am rank 1" there is not much purpose to be there, wich mean it automatically became easyer to reach that rank.
Devs should make it more rewardin to be at rank 1.
I already gave some example in other topics:
-Killer and survivors at rank 1-4 get x% bonus to bp or even shards
-Killer and survivors at rank 1-4 get a particular effect on theyr character (glowing survivors eyes, dark killer aura, or a skin that can be used exclusively at that rank.
just those 2 things alone will boost the competition and give top rank a new meaning.
The key is to lock an interesting feature behind that rank.
And the next step is to make rank personal to each killer, i cant understand how is it possible that they admit "not all killer are good a top rank" but the rank is generalized for all killers, so if you are top rank with one of them, well you have to go top rank with all of them... that make no sense.
Oh, ranking system... In fact, rank doesn't mean anything for one player, because there are tons of high ranked dummies, who were just boosted by SFW. But rank does separate more skilled players from less skiller. Kind of... Current ranking system is purely "how much you play DbD" or "If you don't suck, you'll get to R1 eventually". Seriously, I see a LOT of people who have no coordination or skill at rank 7 atm. And I've played with these SWF boosted guys, who just keep dying and play wrong. they can't even hold killer in a chase while having sprint perks and their beloved DH, which is totally useful (sure).
I do have to agree with the OP that the gameplay is a lot different at the higher ranks. Most of the lower rank survivors despite how easy it is for them wont understand how it is for high ranks. Esp for killers. Most of them think its extremely east and that any sort of balance change the killers ask for is just killers wanting 4ks every game. It is frustrating and annoying that his keeps going on... and the devs/mods encourage it too... Sadly.
pips should be harder to get, on both sides imo.
accurate. the devs need a team of the most experienced vets (not streamers) to help them balance.
Rank doesn't matter. Purple plays like Red. The resets occur too often, and the Emblem system hands you ranking more than ever. The threshold for attrition is insanely low compared to literally any other game with a ranking system. Keep playing, and you'll rank up automatically.
This system is so dumbed down, it's easier to rank up getting 0-1K as a killer, and double pipping with 11-16k bloodpoints as survivor.
So, yeah. The systems in which this game use make rank not matter because it's designed to be that way. The old system for killers made more sense, and 10k BP/pip for survivors made it vastly more difficult to double pip.
imo it should be much harder to pip.
The hag can easily do well without addons in rank 1 as well.
I main her as a killer, she's quite powerful. Or at least suits my playstyle.
As a killer I'm just not ready. I main Huntress and my aim is in the middle of the spectrum. Some matches I 4k, others, the survivors 4k. I need to get better on both sides. It will just take time.
I'm a casual by choice. I enjoy some challenge, but not the kind that forces me to be at 100% all the time or else I get smashed. That's why I stay away from high ranks.
I prefer to die a lot as Survivor because I'm not paying attention to my surroundings or lose chases because I didn't pay attention to blood stains than have to always be "on", if you know what I mean.
I simply find it more fun when I don't have to stay hyperfocused - maybe it's my ADD, I dunno.
If you find always having to play perfectly fun, that's fine, but don't say that "fun is ____" because it simply doesn't work that way; fun is subjective.
your playstyle is perfectly fine, as you should play where you have the most fun.
for most of the vets who stay around rank1, the challenge is the fun, since of course it would be easier to farm bps at low rank, but i simply wouldnt enjoy it.
It's not even about farming, I just enjoy being able to relax while playing a game. I mean, that's why I play games.
I agree but come on...
Not every one at rank 1 is skilled.
In the current pipping system ranking up is almost inevitable no matter if you are good or not.
Rank reprensent more how much someone play that their skill, while it is true that someone who play a lot is usually better than someone that doesn't, I've seen my fair share of garbage player in high rank.
But I'm behind you 100% about people avoiding the rank they where put in, especially streamer that people always end up emulating because they are sheeps.
Easier to make "funny" compilations showing you always winning if you're playing against complete noobs.
Exactly
Like in any game most players are bad. Its true that on avrage you get better players at rank 1 however that dosent make them all good players. Most people on rank 1 suck too. Rank 1 is just too easy to get. We have a ranking system witch has safety pips LOL no real matchmaking based at least on elo just players who are around our rank on avrage with a ranking system thats capped and easy to reach.
If you try to reach rank 1 and play enough during a season and you still cant reach rank 1 then you suck. ITs as simple as that.
we must remove the safety pip imo
I think, the real problem with high ranks (4-1) is SWF, for example, the other day I was playing a lvl 1 doc for a daily tribute(note I'm a rank 3) not a single bloodpoint put into him; not an SWF group and I got an easy four irridescant game with 4 kills. The very next match, playing as my lvl 40 hag, against a full SWF group and I got stompped on. Endded up barely getting 2 kills (second guy l downed just before he ran out the gates. In terms of skill I would say both teams were the same. But the communication between them is what makes the high ranks so challenging. Atleast that's my view of it. Then again I am a console pleb so; it may be differant from platform to platform. However OP overall I see what you're getting at.
Also, just literally playing the game will give everyone rank 1, you will also lose it the first game that depips you at rank 1.
Also, zero rewards and zero leaderboards. Rank is more useless than no mither.
I enjoy this game.for many reasons. The reason I keep coming back to it is the fun factor. Fun for me is 4ks, good chases, and feeling like a bada@@ killer.
At higher ranks I get more insults, more circles, more flashlights and toolboxes. I also find it more frustrating.
I am a more casual player for this game, and will most likely never reach endgame (unlike other games I play), but I believe casual players are the majority in most games (because that actually is what we consider "fun")
And game.time makes no difference to developers....They cater to the players that make the most sense: the ones that spend money. If you have bought all the content befor e, you will likely buy the newest release.
Not if I am a woman. Or a Eunuch.
I guess rank does matter...in that way.
For me, getting to rank 1 isn't all that hard. A bit harder now that i've crossed over to Wraith, but still nothing like going through The Ringed City for the first time in Dark Souls 3.
What's hard is enduring the boredom that people resort to past like halfway.
Devs will make it worth more if many ppl ask for it but as long as ppl keep deranking (and i still ask, if meant nothing and is the same as rank 20, why de-rank?) they will ignore that...
The reality is that being rank 1 have a meaning, it mean you are more skilled than the average player, but in reality it "GIVE" you "nothing", except for an achievement the first time you reach it.
Devs should really give an incentive to remain at rank 1.
Just locking some cool cosmetic behind the "rank wall" (for each killer) will be enough, same with bp or shard prizes.
The best system i believe, would be broader ranks like in overwatch or lol. Then people can complain about being in wood league feeling like they should be in grandmaster.
I dont think there is enough players across the board to warrant a rewarding rank system.
I don't see why people think Rank 1 is this skillful achievement. If you know the basic mechanics of the game, it's very hard to de-pip. There is definitely merit in the statement, "rank doesn't matter". It's pointless. What benefit do I get for staying at Rank 1 as a killer? I can walk around with my chest puffed out saying, "I'm a real rank 1 killer!" That's it. No extra BPs, matches aren't longer (the opposite) and survivors are more competent on average. Why would anyone want to stay rank 1? I'm not saying this to burst anyone's bubble, but I am rank 1 right now and the first time I got to rank 1 was on a killer without finished perks. There is nothing competitive/skillful about it.
The truth of the matter is higher rank survivors are more boring to face. They know where every pallet is, every infinite is and how to optimize gen repairs. You can expect this every match unless you play against boosted survivors. Like you said, higher ranked people usually bring in their good items. This is true. I just want to casually grind BPs for the months of grinding I still have left and it takes a lot of the fun always going against people playing try-hard.
And don't forget how they would be Grandmaster if not for their brain dead teammates and Leavers (speaking from 2+ years in Overwatch, never played LoL).
Another favorite: I'm really a Grandmaster. But this Plat account is my Alt Account.
Thank you @GrannyonAcid, i almost thought i'm the only one who found that out. Btw, he has a 24/7 job, just FYI.
and that's the kind of ego push you need, to post on your profile. but the requirement for this is that i need to be salty first and baaam, gotcha again. im pretty sure you are fapping on your profile comments, don't you.
Matches are way more competitive on both sides, less dc's, fewer toxic messages, and no Ochi wannabes.