(I think) I know what the red glyphs are (UPDATED)

I was looking for something to watch on Netflix when I came across this film called "Tau".

Untitled Image

That's either one big coincidence, or a hint for the next licensed chapter.

EDIT: Having watched the film in its entirety, I've become convinced it is, in fact, a big coincidence.

Comments

  • Is there a killer or monster in the movie? And it makes sense Netflix might do more with them after Stranger Things

  • Thinking on it, the blood-red circle is also somewhat reminiscent of the portals in Dark Deception.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    Is there a killer or monster in the movie? And it makes sense Netflix might do more with them after Stranger Things

    I'm watching it now for the first time, but (SPOILERS BELOW):

    Spoiler Spoiler Warning ▲▼

    There's a guy who created an AI (Tau) and is trying to perfect it using human test subjects. Tau has brutally killed people, but the guy has serious anger issues (to the point the AI has to calm him down), so it could go either way.

  • @Firellius said:

    Thinking on it, the blood-red circle is also somewhat reminiscent of the portals in Dark Deception.

    I can definitely see that.

  • I don't know. Definitely seems like a coincidence.

    It's not like the concept of small black hole-esque portals materialising out of thin air is unique to either media, and I can't really see them doing a Chapter licensed from a three year old Netflix exclusive film that I can't imagine too many fans of DBD even know exists.

    Especially since that movie isn't even in the horror genre, from what I can tell.

  • @Superyoshiegg said:

    I don't know. Definitely seems like a coincidence.

    It's not like the concept of small black hole-esque portals materialising out of thin air is unique to either media, and I can't really see them doing a Chapter licensed from a three year old Netflix exclusive film that I can't imagine too many fans of DBD even know exists.

    Especially since that movie isn't even in the horror genre, from what I can tell.

    The film is definitely in the horror genre, at least IMO. It's about people being held prisoner so someone can experiment on them. However, I will say that the shape could be a coincidence.

  • I really doubt the 5th anniversary chapter is a movie most people probably haven't even heard of.

  • @KingFrost said:

    I really doubt the 5th anniversary chapter is a movie most people probably haven't even heard of.

    I hadn't heard of Kpop tbf

    Wish i still hadn't 😅

  • Ironically I just watched that movie last night. Quite a coincidence that you mention it lol.

    I don't feel like the red glyphs really match it that much though.

    I personally think the glyphs are their experiments for their future "early game collapse". I think they'll be part of the extra objectives to slow the game down. This is them testing the waters with the feature to get people more used to it.

  • Aparently the early game slowdown was scrapped or I remember reading someone from BHVR saying so, I believe the glyphs are just leftover stuff from diferent ideas that got recycled into a secondary objective for the archives.

  • @HectorBrando said:

    Aparently the early game slowdown was scrapped or I remember reading someone from BHVR saying so, I believe the glyphs are just leftover stuff from diferent ideas that got recycled into a secondary objective for the archives.

    Do you have a link to that? I watch everything quite closely and don't remember them ever giving an actual definitive statement of it being scrapped other than our own speculation given how long its been.

  • I think when you interact with a red glyph you get some BP for a 'portal closed' action?

    Correct me if I've got it wrong though.

  • @Firellius said:

    Thinking on it, the blood-red circle is also somewhat reminiscent of the portals in Dark Deception.

    yeah, but DD has its own multiplayer game called Monsters & Mortals.

    also the Devs said they werent really a big fan of how BHVR handled their game, so i doubt there would be a crossover.

  • @Orion said:

    I was looking for something to watch on Netflix when I came across this film called "Tau".

    https://i.pinimg.com/564x/54/f3/be/54f3be63cfd91a4b83d05326fbd65214.jpg

    That's either one big coincidence, or a hint for the next licensed chapter.

    Anyway, i will watch it.

    Thanks for the tipp.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2037939#Comment_2037939

    Do you have a link to that? I watch everything quite closely and don't remember them ever giving an actual definitive statement of it being scrapped other than our own speculation given how long its been.

    I remember reading it was scrapped in favour of different slowing early game options but I cant remember exactly where and whom I may be wrong and it could be something said by someone outside of BHVR so who really knows, maybe they are still working and Im wrong.

    In any case, it was anounced 1 year ago and we had absolutely no news about it ever again with them even ignoring questions related to that in the Q&A, for a feature that is not that hard to develop and implement to not have any kind of news in such amount of time is concerning.