Spine Chill gen speed is pointless

Spine Chill offers 6% gen speed... Nice

Combined with resilience 9% speed... 15% is great..


But it only works if spine Chill is active... This means whens the killer is looking a you... 9/10 times spine Chill is only active for a good few seconds when the killer is approaching you...

So you get 6%....for about 2 3 seconds... By that time you have to run away as the killer is in your radius..

Imo, if you're using spine Chill for any sort of gen rushing builds or gen speeds...then it's just pointless...its a waste of a perk slot. Put on built to last, prove thyself, streetwise, resilience...Its just not worth it..


EDIT: I know spine Chill has other uses, and I know it's a great perk to use. I sometimes use it. BUT I am talking about the use of gen speed AND why its pointless to see people putting it in their gen rushing builds..

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • That's not why people use spine chill. It gives you more than just gen progress.

  • The 6% on spinechill has clutched quite a few gens for me. Sure It’s nothing special but it’s a secondary effect and when the gen you’re working on is almost finished, with the killer is coming right for you, that 6% can make the difference between completing or abandoning it.

  • @hellisvenus said:

    Spine chill and resilience are not use for gen speed but for the vault speed. Not only that but spine chill give you a good advantage vs stealth killer or killer in genaral because you know when they are coming to you so you can have a bigger lead. I cant say for the other killer but for me i always expect survivor to run spine chill so i never look directly at the gen so just the existance of the perk force me to play differently

    I know, spine Chill is a great perk. But I'm talking about when people use it in their gen rushing builds OR when people say how good it is to use for gens

  • @Zeus said:

    That's not why people use spine chill. It gives you more than just gen progress.

    Ino it does. Hence why I stated 'if your using spine Chill for GEN RUSHING it's a waste of a perk slot'

  • @El_Gingero said:

    The 6% on spinechill has clutched quite a few gens for me. Sure It’s nothing special but it’s a secondary effect and when the gen you’re working on is almost finished, with the killer is coming right for you, that 6% can make the difference between completing or abandoning it.

    True, ya can get a few situations like that

  • I use spine chill in every build and it's not for the gen bonus lol.

  • Spine chill is rarely, if ever, used for the speed bonus. The only exception to this is Vault Build (Spine Chill/Resilience). It's primary use is as an information perk, and though it's quite likely this was not it's intended use at the time of conception I'm fairly certain the Devs have just decided to not change it because, well, why bother? It's fine as it is.

  • Also applies to exit gates, which has given me clutch escapes before.

    With Spinechill, if you get the exit gate to 50% by the time SC lights up, against normal speed killers you can guarantee that you can open it in time. That 6% comes in very handy then.

    Same concept applies to completing gens, if that 6% can get it finished in the few seconds it takes the killer to reach you, it might just be worth committing and getting it done. Get that Pop out of the equation.

  • I really just find the bonus progression another way to tell that Spine Chill is active. The 6% is negligible.

  • I think you're underrating how it adds up.

    Stack Spine Chill, Resilience, Prove Thyself, Streetwise, with a toolbox and double charges addons.

    It all adds up to a lot.

    It's not about how much it is single handed.

  • OP: Spine chill in Gen rush build is pointless

    Someone1: Spine chill has great info use

    Someone2: Spine chill stack is still great

    I mean, Spine chill is a balanced perk between Gen rush & Info. Build to last only giving Gen rush.

  • I mean SC gives you an early warning if the killer is coming, stealth or not. That's pretty strong, so to expect a significant generator repair progress buff on top of it, is just being spoilt.

  • I think people see that as a secondary benefit of it. Its nice that it happens to do that but it's much more valuable for knowing if a killer is coming your way. I don't think people use it specifically because of gen speed though.

  • @xXCAM3R0NXx said:

    Spine Chill offers 6% gen speed... Nice

    Combined with resilience 9% speed... 15% is great..

    But it only works if spine Chill is active... This means whens the killer is looking a you... 9/10 times spine Chill is only active for a good few seconds when the killer is approaching you...

    So you get 6%....for about 2 3 seconds... By that time you have to run away as the killer is in your radius..

    Imo, if you're using spine Chill for any sort of gen rushing builds or gen speeds...then it's just pointless...its a waste of a perk slot. Put on built to last, prove thyself, streetwise, resilience...Its just not worth it..

    You are right let's remove the speed bonus then.

  • Na every second counts

  • Pretty sure the repair speed bonus is the last thing people think about regarding Spine Chill.

  • I wouldn't say it's useless, it's pretty clutch though. I only ever really use it for a vault build with resilience so not paid a whole lot of attention to the gen speeds...but as someone said I have noticed it on exit gates!

    I think the values on the perk are fine though, because it has so many uses in a match - it's correct that it doesn't have a huge affect on numbers.

  • Nah, since its so low why remove it anyway?.

  • To be honest, I see it more as an extra place to look to see if spine chill is working or not. I'm not always looking at the perks in the bottom right, so maybe if I'm glancing at the survivor portraits on the left, or looking elsewhere, seeing that I'm getting the random speed in my periphery can help me better deduce that It's active.

  • @xXCAM3R0NXx said:

    Spine Chill offers 6% gen speed... Nice

    Combined with resilience 9% speed... 15% is great..

    But it only works if spine Chill is active... This means whens the killer is looking a you... 9/10 times spine Chill is only active for a good few seconds when the killer is approaching you...

    So you get 6%....for about 2 3 seconds... By that time you have to run away as the killer is in your radius..

    Imo, if you're using spine Chill for any sort of gen rushing builds or gen speeds...then it's just pointless...its a waste of a perk slot. Put on built to last, prove thyself, streetwise, resilience...Its just not worth it..

    I just use it to protect myself and team from stealth Ks like Mike, pig, and Ghost, I got yanked off a gen on one by Micheal and that was it. My heart popped out of my chest and I'm pretty sure I woke my neighbors up