Wonderful Matchmaking and SWF

4348C343-8CDD-41E0-9479-6B756DE242C5.jpeg

Matchmaking is still terrible. 3 man SWF team was all over me the entire match. Healing right in front of me, tbagging, they were all always around me. Bodyblocking and wouldn’t even let me move. I’m sick of this Behavior and you really need to do something about it. I gave up at the end and they wouldn’t even leave. I was this close to DCing. Of course they all sent messages laughing and calling me names.

Comments

  • They won't do nothing about it and people will just make excuses like "the game will die without swf" or "I use comms to talk to my friends not call out killer position" which is a lie.

    Just stop playing killer, if everyone stopped playing killer they'd be forced to fix the game.

  • Seems like you ran into one of those bully squads.

    They are rare for me but 99% of the time they fail miserably.

    If you're still upset about it, perhaps a small break from the game will help. I know from personal experiences. I've had my blood boil a few days ago lol.

    You can blame it on an unlucky night. We all have those.

  • @Pilot said:

    Seems like you ran into one of those bully squads.

    They are rare for me but 99% of the time they fail miserably.

    If you're still upset about it, perhaps a small break from the game will help. I know from personal experiences. I've had my blood boil a few days ago lol.

    You can blame it on an unlucky night. We all have those.

    Why am I getting all red ranks. 4 red rank survivors and I’m a level 8. I’m nowhere near their level and I got tossed into the fire.

  • @Dragonshensi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2014864#Comment_2014864

    Why am I getting all red ranks. 4 red rank survivors and I’m a level 8. I’m nowhere near their level and I got tossed into the fire.

    Try disabling cross-play.

    Sometimes you just get unlucky.

  • @Pilot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2014875#Comment_2014875

    Try disabling cross-play.

    Sometimes you just get unlucky.

    3 of them were all PS4 players. Only one was cross play. And I must be the unluckiest person ever cause all I ever get is red rank survivors.

  • @Raja said:

    They won't do nothing about it and people will just make excuses like "the game will die without swf" or "I use comms to talk to my friends not call out killer position" which is a lie.

    Just stop playing killer, if everyone stopped playing killer they'd be forced to fix the game.

    Of course they admitted they were in a party on comms so my traps were practically useless

  • That is technically correct matchmaking.

    Don't get me wrong the ranking and matchmaker are garbage, but technically it's working as intended.


    Anyways, I wish reporting people sending messages like that was possible, you can do it, but nothing will come of it. That's another big problem with the game. I just had a SWF t-bag me on haddonfield cause they got out...like no duh you escaped, I literally have no ability to stop you.

  • @Dragonshensi said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/5LBKR3RCGGZO/4348c343-8cdd-41e0-9479-6b756de242c5.jpeg

    Matchmaking is still terrible. 3 man SWF team was all over me the entire match. Healing right in front of me, tbagging, they were all always around me. Bodyblocking and wouldn’t even let me move. I’m sick of this Behavior and you really need to do something about it. I gave up at the end and they wouldn’t even leave. I was this close to DCing. Of course they all sent messages laughing and calling me names.

    One big advice i can give you is main a killer that insta downs,no bodyblocking or hook saving infront of you. If you want to main hag corrupt is the no1 perk to have BUT hag on pc is different than console hag,because the keyboard has a lower input lag than controller so that means you will miss alot of teleportation hits on console.

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2014899#Comment_2014899

    Was it a map offering.

    If I ever suspect a swf I put on the offering to cancel them out.

    How many haddonfield offerings I have cancelled because of this XD.

    If someone TRIES to send me to a place that is survivor sided- haddonfield or Ormond (pretty sure it's still pretty bad), I lose all compassion for them and will play a 4 man slug and bleed out game.

    Not this time no, they actually just got super lucky. It even spawned the good windows I was like jfc dude I am a low tier m1 killer cut me a break xD

    I actually like Ormond tbh, even if it isn't very fair I enjoy playing on that map as most killers. (Not as current blight or such, but most killers)

    I am more annoyed with Springwood offerings honestly. That map is just gross.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    That is technically correct matchmaking.

    Don't get me wrong the ranking and matchmaker are garbage, but technically it's working as intended.

    Anyways, I wish reporting people sending messages like that was possible, you can do it, but nothing will come of it. That's another big problem with the game. I just had a SWF t-bag me on haddonfield cause they got out...like no duh you escaped, I literally have no ability to stop you.

    How is that working correctly? All red ranks, no purple. All of them are 4 or more ranks ahead of me. All three on comms and such.

  • MM can only do so much. If there were no red rank killers in queue at the same time they were, who is it going to match them with?

    It's 'correct' because it went down to purple... instead of yellow.

  • As far as I know the matchmaker is supposed to find you opponents within six ranks over or below your own (when it can't find opponents closer to you in a reasonable time).

    So all of these players except the rank 1 would match this description (maybe even the rank 1, if you depipped or they pipped from the game).

    @Peanits said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/640/RXK2G328M8H5.png

    We are back with another edition of the Developer Update, a series of posts detailing our progress on upcoming features and known issues. This time around, in addition to the normal topics, we’ll have sneak peeks on some changes coming in the mid-chapter update. 

    Matchmaking 

    Recently, the matchmaking system was changed to use the highest rank in a Survivor group when searching for a Killer. This change prevents groups from using a single low ranked player to abuse the matchmaker and get less experienced opponents. 

    We are on the lookout for any potential edge cases that may remain. To give you an idea of what is expected of the matchmaking system, here’s how the system works: 

    • Survivors are matched to a Killer as close to their rank as possible. 
    • If the Survivor is playing with a group, the highest ranked Survivor’s rank will be used for matchmaking purposes. (e.g. If a rank 1 and rank 10 Survivor are playing together, the game will search for a rank 1 Killer.) 
    • If a match of the same rank is not available, the system will gradually expand the acceptable range until it finds a match. This has a hard limit of 6 ranks above or below your rank. 
    • New players between rank 16 and rank 20 receive an exception to this rule in order to ensure that they can find a match, even when there’s no other new players queuing. 
    • You will not be matched with someone outside of a given range. This is to ensure that your connection to other players is as good as possible. When on dedicated servers, players will be matched to their nearest data center rather than their distance to other players. 
    • Survivors playing in a group with distant friends are an exception to this rule. 

    If you experience something outside of this range, please be sure to let us know here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/other 

    Nintendo Switch™ 

    Dead by Daylight was just released on the Nintendo Switch™. Welcome to any new players who are joining us! We have received quite a few questions since the launch, so we have taken a moment to organize some of the most frequently asked questions here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/90514/ 

    We have also created a Switch section in the bug reports section of the forums in case you stumble upon any issues as you play: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/switch  

    Dedicated Servers 

    Following the test in the last PTB, we decided to postpone the launch of dedicated servers on the live game while we iron out a few issues. Our new launch target for PC and consoles is Fall 2019. We will be running tests on the live build of the game, on PC only, starting in early October. For more details, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87216/ 

    Dedicated servers have, however, been active on the Nintendo Switch™ since launch. This is essential as the Switch version does not support hosting a game. Any improvements made to dedicated servers on other platforms will make their way to the Nintendo Switch™ as well. 

    The Nurse Add-on Update 

    A few months back, we announced that we would be revisiting The Nurse’s add-ons to ensure that all of them are as fair as possible and that she has the correct distribution of add-ons (4 common, 5 uncommon, 5 rare, 4 very rare, 2 ultra rare). 

    With these changes getting nearer, we would like to share a few of them with you: 

    Plaid Flannel 

    • Rarity changed from Very Rare to Common.  
    • The blink indicator placement has been improved and will now stay visible until The Nurse has reached her destination (it was previously not visible while blinking).  

    Heavy Panting 

    • Considerably increases maximum blink range. 
    • Considerably increases maximum blink charge time. 

    Jenner's Last Breath 

    • After blinking, allows The Nurse to immediately blink back to her original position by pressing the Secondary Power Button. 
    • Requires a blink charge and must be triggered during the chain blink window. 

    These add-ons—as well as the rest of The Nurse’s new add-ons—will be available for testing in the upcoming mid-chapter 13 PTB. We will be keeping an eye out for feedback once you have had a chance to give them a try. 

    The Archives 

    During the 3rd Anniversary Livestream, we revealed The Archives, a new feature loaded with challenges and rewards. This is one of the most ambitious additions to the game yet and it has been in the making for quite some time. We are very excited to release The Archives in the upcoming mid-chapter patch (and preceding Player Test Build). Be sure to keep an eye out for more details in the coming week. 

     

    This concludes the September Developer Update. We have busy months ahead of us, and we are looking forward to seeing what you think of the upcoming changes! 


  • @Dragonshensi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2014899#Comment_2014899

    How is that working correctly? All red ranks, no purple. All of them are 4 or more ranks ahead of me. All three on comms and such.

    Matchmaker, at least as the developers intended it, looks for people within ideally 6 ranks of each other. So I guess the rank 1 shouldn't be there, I missed that one originally, but the other 3 technically are still in that "okay" zone.

    Again though, the matchmaker is hot garbage and so is the ranking system. None of it actually works and even if you had everyone in a game the same rank it could still be wildly unfair because rank is only a very vague sense of things.

  • Good job at hiding the names.

  • Most games I play in have at least 1 red rank maybe 2 and I was still in green ranks.

  • @SunaIIanu said:

    As far as I know the matchmaker is supposed to find you opponents within six ranks over or below your own (when it can't find opponents closer to you in a reasonable time).

    So all of these players except the rank 1 would match this description (maybe even the rank 1, if you depipped or they pipped from the game).

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/92295/developer-update-september-2019

    @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2014949#Comment_2014949

    Matchmaker, at least as the developers intended it, looks for people within ideally 6 ranks of each other. So I guess the rank 1 shouldn't be there, I missed that one originally, but the other 3 technically are still in that "okay" zone.

    Again though, the matchmaker is hot garbage and so is the ranking system. None of it actually works and even if you had everyone in a game the same rank it could still be wildly unfair because rank is only a very vague sense of things.

    @Seraphor said:

    MM can only do so much. If there were no red rank killers in queue at the same time they were, who is it going to match them with?

    It's 'correct' because it went down to purple... instead of yellow.

    These posters are all correct. MM will try to fill lobbies will everyone of the same rank, if it can not do that it instead expands the range of ranks +6 or -6. As SWF uses the highest rank for MM that would mean this group would be matched with killers between the ranks of 1-7.

    However if the MM can not find a killer within the +/-6 rank range it will expand the lobby to any ranked killer to ensure people don't have lengthy queues. As the devs have explained in a recent dev stream, their is not enough killers, particular red/purple rank killers, playing during peak hours (evenings, weekends) when all the SWF groups play. So hence why mismatched lobbies are so common.

    The only way to fix this is to get more people playing killer at peak hours. As they will never put a hard 6 rank limit on MM as that would force surivors to have 10-30 minute wait times all the time at peak hours.

  • @Gay_Police_Dept said:

    Good job at hiding the names.

    Just doing the bare minimum so I won’t get in trouble with the mods. Honestly don’t care about their names

  • @Okapi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2014960#Comment_2014960

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2015962#Comment_2015962

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2014955#Comment_2014955

    These posters are all correct. MM will try to fill lobbies will everyone of the same rank, if it can not do that it instead expands the range of ranks +6 or -6. As SWF uses the highest rank for MM that would mean this group would be matched with killers between the ranks of 1-7.

    However if the MM can not find a killer within the +/-6 rank range it will expand the lobby to any ranked killer to ensure people don't have lengthy queues. As the devs have explained in a recent dev stream, their is not enough killers, particular red/purple rank killers, playing during peak hours (evenings, weekends) when all the SWF groups play. So hence why mismatched lobbies are so common.

    The only way to fix this is to get more people playing killer at peak hours. As they will never put a hard 6 rank limit on MM as that would force surivors to have 10-30 minute wait times all the time at peak hours.

    It seems the devs only care about survivors. They should honestly look into why there are so few killers. Cause you know....that sounds like a very bad issue for a critical role in the game.

  • @Dragonshensi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2016003#Comment_2016003

    It seems the devs only care about survivors. They should honestly look into why there are so few killers. Cause you know....that sounds like a very bad issue for a critical role in the game.

    I don't entirely agree but there game does seem like is was built for survivors, after all there isn't any counter to a strong SWF which I think there should be.

  • There more survivors than killers.. for obvious reasons. So sometimes you will get paired with higher ranks than you to reduce que times.

  • They are within range of you.

  • @Amy095 said:

    There more survivors than killers.. for obvious reasons. So sometimes you will get paired with higher ranks than you to reduce que times.

    I would prefer being given an option. Wait a little while for a more evenly matched game or instant match. I don’t appreciate being thrown into the ocean when I can barely swim.

  • @Mr_K said:

    They are within range of you.

    326CBE75-340E-444B-B121-9AA88E02A8BA.jpeg

    You serious bro? Just had a match against all red rank 4 man SWF. But they are within range of me. Get out of here. Match matching is not fixed at all

  • Why tf do you got your messages turned on anyways?

    You obviously expect that kinda stuff to happen.

  • @Dragonshensi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2014881#Comment_2014881

    3 of them were all PS4 players. Only one was cross play. And I must be the unluckiest person ever cause all I ever get is red rank survivors.

    The dev's don't want to inconvenience survivors (cash cows/ Whales) with long wait times, so they throw match making out the window and widen the gap the longer they wait.

    It is possible that if they wait long enough they will be matched with a rank 20 killer.

    This is the main reason mmr will fail because they won't remove this policy.

  • @Dragonshensi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2016976#Comment_2016976

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/2WBL0UMK5L82/326cbe75-340e-444b-b121-9aa88e02a8ba.jpeg

    You serious bro? Just had a match against all red rank 4 man SWF. But they are within range of me. Get out of here. Match matching is not fixed at all

    +-8 ranks. Thats the scope of MM.

  • And I’m saying matchmaking is still broken. Here’s another screenshot just now. They didn’t fix anything at all. It’s still as bad as ever. 3 rank 1s and a rank 2 vs rank 7? Yeah that sounds like nothing is wrong at all

    2C63242E-00B7-44F8-932D-169B2A825129.jpeg


  • @Dragonshensi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2017352#Comment_2017352

    And I’m saying matchmaking is still broken. Here’s another screenshot just now. They didn’t fix anything at all. It’s still as bad as ever. 3 rank 1s and a rank 2 vs rank 7? Yeah that sounds like nothing is wrong at all

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/5NYBRA0HX7E9/2c63242e-00b7-44f8-932d-169b2a825129.jpeg

    What about +-8 do you not understand? Its not about whats fair, thats just how its configured.

    We are hours away from rank reset. Are you expecting a lot of purple ranks to be playing right now?

    Yes, if you are purple rank expect to see red rank survivors. Its nothing new.

  • @Scotty2hotties said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2017352#Comment_2017352

    Not seeing that chief. Saw a SWF stream they were all 1-2s, clown was a 12. So of course they trolled the heck of the killer the entire game. Practicing lockers, blocks, vaults, 360s, loops you name it. So yeah I don’t think claim is accurate. They shouldn’t be matching 1 ranks with anyone above a 4 or 5. Definitely need to balance the MMR and after game scoring. Meaning the higher rank should get less points, lower more. Magic of simple math.

    They shouldn’t be matching 1 ranks with anyone above a 4 or 5

    How we feel the system should or should not be is not the explanation to what the system is supposed to do.

    A rank 8 can be paired with a rank 1. That's just how it is. Also yes, its possible for what you saw due to how long queue times have been.

  • @Mr_K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2017371#Comment_2017371

    They shouldn’t be matching 1 ranks with anyone above a 4 or 5

    How we feel the system should or should not be is not the explanation to what the system is supposed to do.

    A rank 8 can be paired with a rank 1. That's just how it is. Also yes, its possible for what you saw due to how long queue times have been.

    And what part of it’s still broken do you not get? It’s a broken system and their new way of mmr is terrible as the last.

  • Matchmatcking has been busted for ages so not much else to say on that matter. For messages I just set everything to private. Yes even friend requests. Can't trust those either.

    This is after a year of spam messages on PS4.

  • @Iudex_Nemesis said:

    Matchmatcking has been busted for ages so not much else to say on that matter. For messages I just set everything to private. Yes even friend requests. Can't trust those either.

    This is after a year of spam messages on PS4.

    Amen to that.

  • 4214A47B-42FB-4BD7-BC2D-9483ED580743.jpeg

    You know what. After the rift is done I think I’m done with this game for awhile. I’m tired of the matchmaking. Why is a rank 4 in my match? And yes I did DC cause two of them were SWF and all of them were very well coordinated and teabagged at the exit gate when I opened it for them.

  • Yeah the rare 1% that I get paired with in about 80% of my survivor matches as a solo. Hopefully the devs introduce a new system for gauging killers and can make mmr give properly paired matches.

  • @DemonDaddy said:

    Yeah the rare 1% that I get paired with in about 80% of my survivor matches as a solo. Hopefully the devs introduce a new system for gauging killers and can make mmr give properly paired matches.

    Not going to happen. They just released a new MMR system and from what I’ve seen a lot of my matches are still red ranks and tryhards

  • @Pilot said:

    Seems like you ran into one of those bully squads.

    They are rare for me but 99% of the time they fail miserably.

    If you're still upset about it, perhaps a small break from the game will help. I know from personal experiences. I've had my blood boil a few days ago lol.

    You can blame it on an unlucky night. We all have those.

    Doesn't look like a bully squad, they all just have meta perks and a purple medkit.

  • @Kellie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2014864#Comment_2014864

    Doesn't look like a bully squad, they all just have meta perks and a purple flashlight.

    You weren’t there.....you weren’t there. Shivers.

  • @Dragonshensi

    How is mmr grouping though? Emblems were a garbage way of rating killers, what are the new factors?

  • @DemonDaddy said:

    @Dragonshensi

    How is mmr grouping though? Emblems were a garbage way of rating killers, what are the new factors?

    I think they said it’s based on your skill or something. Honestly whatever it is they are doing it’s not working. I played survivor and these were my teammates. I felt bad for the killer. We easily outplayed him. It’s blurry on purpose to help not show names. Basically, all rank 4 and I was rank 9. Killer was rank 10.

    4D098F5D-3337-4D20-995C-B2E90A5228C9.jpeg


  • @Dragonshensi

    Looks like it's still going by the lowest rank and wait time. Skill based would be nice but killer emblems still need a rework for accurate matching on both sides.

  • Look at this garbage matchmaking. Rank 1 Killer against all survivors nowhere near his league. What a joke this game is. Also I’ve faced off against this guy before. Same deal.

    CE0F0492-A15B-47F9-9A72-540F07250729.jpeg


  • Yea, it feels like that when I play killer too, though I am in red rank. I play killer then I'm playing against rank 1s but as survivor even in red ranks it's throwing in at least 1-2 rank 20s or somewhere else in the 15-20 ranks.

  • @Dragonshensi said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/5LBKR3RCGGZO/4348c343-8cdd-41e0-9479-6b756de242c5.jpeg

    Matchmaking is still terrible. 3 man SWF team was all over me the entire match. Healing right in front of me, tbagging, they were all always around me. Bodyblocking and wouldn’t even let me move. I’m sick of this Behavior and you really need to do something about it. I gave up at the end and they wouldn’t even leave. I was this close to DCing. Of course they all sent messages laughing and calling me names.

    Bro Who cares they obviously aren't afraid of killer anyone that gets below 8 isn't afraid of a Chace or a Jesus save

    Remember somepeople might be running perks to get someone off your arms but ULTIMATELY You didn't depip so why are you complaining. Because the swf didn't run from you enough?

  • @SwoopWhoopYouSWF757 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/234218/wonderful-matchmaking-and-swf

    Bro Who cares they obviously aren't afraid of killer anyone that gets below 8 isn't afraid of a Chace or a Jesus save

    Remember somepeople might be running perks to get someone off your arms but ULTIMATELY You didn't depip so why are you complaining. Because the swf didn't run from you enough?

    You’ve missed the entire point of this post.

  • This match was made even better when they put me on the Lery Hospital map as Deathslinger lol. I gave up after the first gen.

    C0F84E7A-C2BB-4B4E-8EE5-983872EAA9FD.jpeg


  • @Hookismylife said:

    I will give you some tips to avoid this kind of games.

    • If you think they are premade and they will crush you, lobby dodge.
    • If you see 4 items and you don´t want to waste 1 perk slot in fraklin´s, lobby dodge.
    • If they switch to key in the last seconds of the lobby, close game as fast as you can and reopen.
    • If they have the same survivor and skin, 100% dodge.
    • Obviously, if you see 4 toolboxes just doge, genrush incoming.
    • If you see TTV and is online, check if they are premade and dodge.

    But, if you want to improve as killer, with the suffering that improving on DBD as killer means.... do not lobby dodge. The faster way to learn is getting smashed by people better than you, and premades will be better 80% of times because they have voice chat and you will play with a huge disadvantage.

    Dodging you will learn, but slower than facing premades, I used to dodge just for my mental health, but it is on you.

    I don’t learn anything from red rank players except how good dirt tastes.

  • Yeah I just had a group of 3 on Haddonfield... I was Myers... brutal as hell. Couldn't do a damn thing.

    I would hook the rando and they would rescue him and disappear so I had no choice but to go after him constantly... by the time I hooked him 3 times they did 3 gens.

    So I had 3 survivors and 2 gens left... couldn't even keep up... they would bait me, I wouldn't take it, head to another gen and they would just keep making progress elsewhere while I chased them away from a half finished gen.

    I managed to hook each of them one time but they got the last gen off, it was literally impossible for me to cover the distance in time...

    I'm rank 15.... the random was rank 17, the SWF group were all purple ranks, rank 8 - 6... :/

    Playing killer sucks against SWF's.... it made me physically ill having to try to outplay 3 people all communicating.

  • Wait. Is your TV on the ceiling or in a corner???

  • @Kira4Evr said:

    Wait. Is your TV on the ceiling or in a corner???

    Why thank you for asking lol. It’s mounted to the wall with a corner wall map. The tv is so huge that we placed it near the ceiling on the wall

  • "MM is broken!"

    There's no easy fix, it can only do what it can with the players who are in the queue.

    You either face someone further away from your rank, or you wait an hour in the queue for someone who's a closer match. Which would you prefer?

‹ 1 2