When's the last time you seriously used...

Insidious?
With the emphesis on "seriously", like going for max BP, wanting to climb ranks or killing all Survivors.

Comments

  • When I first started playing.

    Still whip it out every now and then, usually only use it once or twice when I do have it equipped per match. You'd be surprised how well it works when used to set up proper ambushes instead of Hook Camping. Problem is thats it is too passive to be used seriously.

  • Quick note: I LOVE all the Leatherface avatars.

    Now on to business, yeah I have NEVER used Insidious before, even as a Leatherface main.

  • @Vortexas said:
    When I first started playing.

    Still whip it out every now and then, usually only use it once or twice when I do have it equipped per match. You'd be surprised how well it works when used to set up proper ambushes instead of Hook Camping. Problem is thats it is too passive to be used seriously.

    I'm sure i wouldn't be surprised, i'm well aware of what it can do.
    I'm simply asking how many seriously bring it into the game.

  • @Boss said:
    Insidious?
    With the emphesis on "seriously", like going for max BP, wanting to climb ranks or killing all Survivors.

    Thats a contradiction in itself

  • @DeadByFlashlight said:

    @Boss said:
    Insidious?
    With the emphesis on "seriously", like going for max BP, wanting to climb ranks or killing all Survivors.

    Thats a contradiction in itself

    You mean you can't seriously use Insidious. Okay, got it.

  • I don’t use it but I’d say I see it once every 5-6 matches as a survivor and it blows for the guy on the hook because even with borrowed time if the killer has half a brain they will wait until you’re unhooked to reactivate the terror radius so it totally counters it, but I feel like insidious would be a wasted perk slot because survivors will just genrush you and leave you standing like a idiot if they are smart
  • About 3 rank resets ago. I use it on the Wraith to disorient Survivors.

  • To use Insidious effectivly, Beast of Prey would have to be changed to always active.
    But as is right now? It´s only for meme games and some basement plays.

    The problem of Insidious is simply, that the killer is under constant time pressure. He can´t waste time to stand still, while the survivors complete gens left and right.
    Maybe if they take the initiative away from the survivors and give it to the killer (like the horror movies). Maybe then the killer could afford to play more relaxed.

  • @lyric said:
    I don’t use it but I’d say I see it once every 5-6 matches as a survivor and it blows for the guy on the hook because even with borrowed time if the killer has half a brain they will wait until you’re unhooked to reactivate the terror radius so it totally counters it, but I feel like insidious would be a wasted perk slot because survivors will just genrush you and leave you standing like a idiot if they are smart

    5 to 6?
    Wow, that's actually a lot to me.

  • Boss said:

    @lyric said:
    I don’t use it but I’d say I see it once every 5-6 matches as a survivor and it blows for the guy on the hook because even with borrowed time if the killer has half a brain they will wait until you’re unhooked to reactivate the terror radius so it totally counters it, but I feel like insidious would be a wasted perk slot because survivors will just genrush you and leave you standing like a idiot if they are smart

    5 to 6?
    Wow, that's actually a lot to me.

    Seriously I don’t know how some of them made it to rank one that way
  • I only used one time after a hook in the basement as a new killer then never again
  • I don't think i have every used it. Standing still in a game where time matters seems like a bad idea.

  • Honest question.. is there anyway to use it without camping at the moment? 
  • I tried it on my huntress for the lolz.

    I think i might have it on another killer but I can't remember who.

    No one else has it yet.
  • @The_Fallen_Utopia said:
    Honest question.. is there anyway to use it without camping at the moment? 

    That depends on counting "pissing survivors off" as a legitimate way to use it. But seriously, if you have BBQ too, you can jumpscare someone 40 meters away from the hook, just by predicting the direction a potential unhooker will come from.

  • I used it once on my Trapper when I 1st started playing, never used it since although I've still got to do my adept on Bubba.

  • @The_Fallen_Utopia said:
    Honest question.. is there anyway to use it without camping at the moment? 

    That depends on counting "pissing survivors off" as a legitimate way to use it. But seriously, if you have BBQ too, you can jumpscare someone 40 meters away from the hook, just by predicting the direction a potential unhooker will come from.

    While that sounds interesting it's still camping.. but still sounds somewhat entertaining. I sometimes run Franklin's Demise with it and defend items when there's only 1 survivor left. Usually they'll go back to pick it up before getting the hatch so gives a few extra kills every now and then. This however causes more then a little bit of salt lol. Not that I'm complaining 
  • @The_Fallen_Utopia said:

    While that sounds interesting it's still camping.. but still sounds somewhat entertaining. I sometimes run Franklin's Demise with it and defend items when there's only 1 survivor left. Usually they'll go back to pick it up before getting the hatch so gives a few extra kills every now and then. 

    You're actually going for the "killer in map after hooking = camping" meme LMAO. You Sir, are a dropped item camper then. "Defend items"... interesting choice of words.

    BTW I'm joking man

  • @The_Fallen_Utopia said:

    While that sounds interesting it's still camping.. but still sounds somewhat entertaining. I sometimes run Franklin's Demise with it and defend items when there's only 1 survivor left. Usually they'll go back to pick it up before getting the hatch so gives a few extra kills every now and then. 

    You're actually going for the "killer in map after hooking = camping" meme LMAO. You Sir, are a dropped item camper then. "Defend items"... interesting choice of words.

    BTW I'm joking man

    I could tell it was a joke before I finished reading lol. I very rarely run Insidious at all but.. sometimes gotta take them flashlights lol. They are my treasure now! 

    Edit: was supposed to say Franklin's and Insidious together. Run Franklin's Demise quite a bit but not insidious. 
  • when the game was new and i thought it would be a nice perk to scare the survivors...

    with other words: before they implemented SWF

  • I've used it on nurse before, can be pretty effective at messing up survivors if you stand still before you tp, i've also used it on micheal to effectively stalk at a distance without getting caught, as well as on doctor to completely ######### with my terror radius and scare the ######### out of people. I've also used it as tier 3 micheal around a corner behind a gen to suprise survivors. Its suprisingly effective if you put a little thought into it beyond "oh its for camping"
  • Never have I ever used it for anything but the memes.
  • @Mister_xD said:
    when the game was new and i thought it would be a nice perk to scare the survivors...

    with other words: before they implemented SWF

    To be fair, back then most thought it was a scary game in general.

  • Insidious is actually a nice tool for Freddy, it can be used for mindgames, locating survivors within your TR and pretending to go on a hit and run tactic and give them a false sense of security and catch them healing.


  • @ChesterTheMolester said:
    Insidious is actually a nice tool for Freddy, it can be used for mindgames, locating survivors within your TR and pretending to go on a hit and run tactic and give them a false sense of security and catch them healing.

    M&A does it better lol

  • wanted to see how much bp a insidious LF would get basement camping on a 2x bp event and BBQ. with 2 kills only got 16k and never used it since.

  • Use it on spirit to confuse survivors to think you've phased walked away. 60% of the time you get a grab at pallet/window at high ranks.
  • Way back when I had the game for a couple weeks. Hiding round the corner from a hooked survivor ready to pop tier 3 on Myers, damn that was disgusting.

  • Way back when I had the game for a couple weeks. Hiding round the corner from a hooked survivor ready to pop tier 3 on Myers, damn that was disgusting.

    I have used Insidious on Freddy to have Dream Sonar. I want to get it on Huntress or Cannibal as an ambush tool, though.