New Alert OP
Ok we all know that arua reading perks are a very common thing in dbd but lets be honest no range or cool down and your revealed for 5 seconds is just dumb. This perk is like object of obsession but your not revealing yourself. How many times do you break something in one match, probably more than 15 times.
I think they need to add a cool down but keep the unlimited range or have a set range but no cool down. This perk will be the best arua reading and info perk in the game by far if its change goes through. Which is not a good thing as swf groups can exploit the hell out of this and solo players will just always know where the killer will go next.
Edit: Also I see no reason to not take this perk for any build as the info it would provide is so useful to the point where I might take it instead of self care because I'm fairly confident that I could evade the killer with ease.
I think they need to add a cool down but keep the unlimited range or have a set range but no cool down. This perk will be the best arua reading and info perk in the game by far if its change goes through. Which is not a good thing as swf groups can exploit the hell out of this and solo players will just always know where the killer will go next.
Edit: Also I see no reason to not take this perk for any build as the info it would provide is so useful to the point where I might take it instead of self care because I'm fairly confident that I could evade the killer with ease.
Comments
Honestly the range was kind of the problem with it as for the most part you would be able to hear the killer breaking something and determine where they were without needing the perk anyway when at 32 m
I think the cooldown should be brought back.
Right now it’s basically OoO without the risk.
I'd be interested in playtesting it, but my feeling is that it could be ridiculous. At the same time, when you think about it, will it really give that much more information then empathy? When you see an injured survivor running around the map, you know exactly where the killer is too. And most games there are a lot of survivors getting injured.
It should be only outside of a chase.
Right now the biggest issue I can see is that it can be overpowered as a supplementary chase perk. Seeing killers for 6s every time a pallet is broken during chases is really strong.
I also agree that it's silly that it's in some ways stronger than OoO.
Do you realise that the biggest nerf to self-care survivors is the healing time increase? It takes around 120 seconds to heal yourself completely if the killer is equipped with the anti-heal build. And it's awesome. Stop making a non-issue into an issue. Learn to adapt and play more, instead of making whiny threads.
Did I miss something in the patchnotes?
When did they change Alert and how?
The cooldown would likely finish every break either way. And at that point, it’s one break for a reveal if you kick a gen. That’s all it is besides SWF. They know where you are if you kick a gen. When it comes to chases and pallets, it’s useless to SWF and it’s another gap closer for solo. Does it need a nerf? Probably. But it isn’t ridiculously OP. It just crossed the line by a tiny bit. It’s no D-strike
It seems fine to me as it will basically just signal that the Killer is in a chase, as that is when Pallets get broken. Most of the time.
You just had to mention D-strike didn't you.

It's really not.
Empathy is more accurate to tell you about the killer behaviour. 5 seconds is nothing compared to the consistency of that perk.
Killers: Infinites are #########.
Survivors: Just break the pallet lol
Killers: The new Alert is #########.
Survivors: Just don’t break the pallet lol
Feng, make up your goddamn mind.
I need to verse it in order to have a clear picture.
‘Twas a joke, was it old sport?
https://youtube.com/watch?v=jcfE8BFc04U
It doesn't need a nerf. God forbid survivors have decent perks that aren't crutchy ######### like SB or SC. It's no different than Bitter Murmur that rewards the killer for failing to do their job on keeping people off gens.
Nah... i think premonition still tops alert. Not to mention empathy.
You dont have to break gens until later on in the game, for the last 1-2 gens and at that point, survivors know where you are patroling.
Reading killer auras isnt nearly as useful as reading survivor auras anyways
As it stands, this change to Alert makes it better than Dark Sense in almost every usage. Even supposing you say that "oh, you'll know when to do a safe gate" with Dark Sense... That's not really true.
Survivors will just camp out in some obscure place, wait for a chase to begin, Killer will break a pallet Annnnnnnd… You've just made it better than Dark Sense.
I was playing as a survivor in the PTB and there was a concerning bug I experienced. Whenever the killer picked up a survivor their aura was revealed for five seconds or so, my perks at the time were: Saboteur III, Self-Care III, Kindred III, Open-Handed III during the first game and I swapped out Saboteur for Bond III the second game. In both games whenever the killer picked up someone I saw their aura for about 5 seconds. I'm not certain if this is a bug resulting from the Alert Change, but I think it might.
On the subject of the Alert buff, I think it's actually fine. You see, it only reveals the killer while they are breaking pallets and generators. So for basic movement, hooking, vaulting, attacking, power usage the Alert users will see jack-crap. Not to mention Brutal Strength, Spirit's Fury and the Chainsaws should shrink this window, right?
OP? Not at all. For swf it doesn't add nothing that voice comm wouldn't do, and at extreme ranges its utility is very limited. It's a nice perk for solo survivors, and the fact it can enter the meta is only good since the meta needs to be diluted.
I dont give a damn about this perk, survivors can see me basically anywhere anyway, voice comms dont improve that either^^
Devs, if implementing this change to perk, will effectively have made their previous buff to Dark Sense null and void.
Why have a perk that can be used five times per game, when you can get a perk that can be used 10 or more times per game, with the same duration?
Also, why are they not focusing on perks that actually are 100% unplayable or really freakin' bad?
No Mither (AKA your teammates will DC the moment you get first hook)
Boil Over (Useless)
Surveillance (Useless)
Monstrous Shrine (Useless)
Left Behind (Useless)
Up the Ante (Useless now that Deliverance is a thing)
Fire Up (Values too low to even do anything)
Hex: The Third Seal (buggy perk)
Stridor (buggy perk)
Blood Warden (buggy perk)
Hex: Thrill of the Hunt (Needs QoL updates... Or Make this NOT a Hex Perk but reduce slow reduction)
Over(under)whelming presence (Nobody uses this)
Predator (Why would anyone take this? You could color code footprints to make each footprint set specific to a survivor and I STILL wouldn't take this garbage.)
Spies From the Shadows (Remove or update this perk)
Thanatophobia (Values too low to do anything. You will never have 4 injured survivors at rank 1 gameplay)
Pop Goes the Weasel (Remove the 30 second timeframe. It forces you to avoid chases in favor of smashing gens... #########)
I will say at least they are tip-toeing towards the right direction.
Deja Vu, once the ultimately useless of useless perks, can at least DENY 3-gen strategy, which counters Doctor and Hag especially well.
Wow, killers crying about perk changes for survivors? Who'd have thunk it.
@AChaoticKiller
Yeah, that was the point! Even non-meta perks can be PLAYABLE in the right given circumstances (meme builds, or 'just for fun/challenge builds'). Even bad perks can be "OK" if combo with other perks. NO Monstrous shrine doesn't count, I don't care... 6.whatever seconds per Hook Stage does NOT make any difference in saving someone... BTW, does Monstrous Shrine make Deliverance only have an 85% chance of working? Hmmmm :O
The ones I listed are either buggy, useless, or so completely outshined by another perk you'd be daft to take it.
For example, Overwhelming Presence. It's only good against flashlights. But you have Light Born, so why would you take this perk?
People don't heal inside terror radius, that's dumb. People don't repair generators with toolboxes inside your terror radius, that's dumb (YOU NOW HAVE ICON TELLING YOU THAT YOU ARE BEING DE-BUFFED, Way to go BHVR!)
There's literally nothing this perks does that's good, that cannot be achieved with another perk.
I mean, who the HELL would run a key with that addon that lets you see the killer/survivor anyways?
That's the only theoretical use, and nobody runs Key lol.
It's just made for the solo survivors, swf have already that advantage by voice commentary
It does probably still need a cooldown. As the perk is currently it's pretty much a better version of Dark Sense.
It's quite a lot of info.
Okay, and what's a killer's counterplay to other survivors having Empathy?
I'm normally not so biased but I'm convinced the majority of the people who are fine with this change don't use Alert or just want anything they can take to be super strong to replace the soon to be nerfed perks. Knowing the killers position constantly without any other requirement is insanely strong. Every pallet broken or generator regressed giving the aura globally is way too strong.
Alert is a good perk if you want to hover around the killer momentarily and get a little extra info when they're in a chase or patrolling gens. Knowing the route they're taking after breaking anything is already strong as it is. It's niche but it has its uses just like how you'd run Empathy if you want to do something like flashlight save as an example. With the suggested change it becomes another mindless perk to slap on to a loadout.
Personally I'm fine with removing the cooldown and slightly increasing the range but having a global range regardless of SWF or not makes the map too safe. I'd rather Alert stay as it is honestly.
Of course the PTB is just testing and nothing is final but this change is something I'm not going to ignore considering Alert is one of the main survivor perks I use.
Btw... I used Alert already and was pretty happy with it, now it will be great.
Okay, some of these perks I agree with. But if I started a thread a week ago and asked people to post a list of perks they think could use some love, guess what? Alert would have been on quite of a few of those lists. A number of the perks on your list are not as bad as you think btw.
Fire Up for instance is stackable with bamboozle and brutal strength. Try running all 3 sometime. You won't think the values do nothing then when you are breaking pallets 34% faster and vaulting 29% faster. Hex: TotH sees some play. Personally, I actually like to run it with Haunting Grounds and another powerful Hex. It eats up so much of players time working on totems that gens don't get done nearly as fast.
Predator and Overwhelming presence are both lower tier perks, I agree. But they are also not total garbage. Predator with spirit for instance serves a purpose. Overwhelming presence can chew up flashlights really fast. Franklin's Demise is better 10 out of 10 games. But not everyone will necessarily have access to that perk.
How do you counter spirits fury, enduring, or brutal strength? You don’t. It’s a perk that’s a weak substitute for voice comms. You may think it’s strong, but you’ll barely see any change in opposition. It’s only benefit that you’ll be effected by will still just be easier chase jukes... and that’s ok. After all a perk is supposed to give you a solid benefit.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Even still, not many people will run Alert. There are simply better perks to take.