New Alert OP
Ok we all know that arua reading perks are a very common thing in dbd but lets be honest no range or cool down and your revealed for 5 seconds is just dumb. This perk is like object of obsession but your not revealing yourself. How many times do you break something in one match, probably more than 15 times.
I think they need to add a cool down but keep the unlimited range or have a set range but no cool down. This perk will be the best arua reading and info perk in the game by far if its change goes through. Which is not a good thing as swf groups can exploit the hell out of this and solo players will just always know where the killer will go next.
Edit: Also I see no reason to not take this perk for any build as the info it would provide is so useful to the point where I might take it instead of self care because I'm fairly confident that I could evade the killer with ease.
I think they need to add a cool down but keep the unlimited range or have a set range but no cool down. This perk will be the best arua reading and info perk in the game by far if its change goes through. Which is not a good thing as swf groups can exploit the hell out of this and solo players will just always know where the killer will go next.
Edit: Also I see no reason to not take this perk for any build as the info it would provide is so useful to the point where I might take it instead of self care because I'm fairly confident that I could evade the killer with ease.
Comments
I main killer (no ,really, everyone here knows I do^^) and as a survivor I like to use Alert already.
And from the survivor perspective, I use it to avoid the killer and get rid of him the moment I see his aura.
So from the killer perspective, I would rather have survivor have a perk that makes them WANT to really lose me, than getting tbagged at every pallet and play looping louie with them for 3 gens.
How is it with say Bond and Empathy though?
Also killers you do realize that if someones running that perks that's one less perk to run other things right?
Weak perk gets a buff queue "op perk" thread -_-
because something being overbuffed is impossible?
ok heres my surveillance buff:
if you work on a gen the killer has kicked you are exposed and your aura revealed for the rest of the game
if you complain you're a whiny survivor baby, its just a weak perk getting a buff after all!!
i don't even disagree with this buff, i just think it shouldn't work in a chase then it would be fine, because having the killers aura revealed to you when he is chasing you is ridiculous
I am siding with the Empathy argument on this one it's still way better post alert buff imo.
there's pros and cons, what if the killer is chasing someone and doesn't injure them for a good period of the chase?
counter it by not dropping pallets and letting the killer kill you duh.
That's very unfortunate for the killer it's also situational but yes in this instance alert would shine should a pallet get broken.
Better idea is make it likes doctors screams work, you see the aura where they'd been but not where they actually were.
So instead of showing the actual pallet being broken/gen damaged you'd just see an aura going off or perhap even what killers see when a vault happens.
You just get a noise notification that something happened over there but not what.
i like this, it fits the theme of the perk a bit more as well, as opposed to magic wallhack powers the survivor is just able to locate where the sound is coming from, being alert
Yeah it won't hurt swf but it also won't be like a wallhack like some videos either, you'll know aout where it's at but not totally clear.
For the pro groups whether 2,3, or 4 man swf that have everything memorized it's not really gonna help and might even screw them up.
I doubt this will become meta. Although many Survivors like to claim aura-reading perks are OP, there's a reason they're underused by Survivors - it's simply not true.
Except it already did that. And it was incredibly #########. People are complaining how it’s info will ruin a killers match, even though it’ll just make the 25% matches against solo only players slightly more difficult, they’re super easy to kill now, it won’t make it that much harder.