What are your hopes for Freddy Version 3.0?

I hope he is a blend of what made Freddy 1.0 unique and what makes Freddy 2.0 strong. And that'll he'll actually need a decent amount of learning to master. And once more be a unique killer.

Comments

  • Yeah, pretty much. I have a feeling his gameplay is just gonna be more boring and he'll have some movement penalties to using his power or something, but if I could dream of anything, bringing back parts of OG Fredster and creating a more unique and skillful kit would be ideal.


    I miss old Freddy.

  • A penalty for spamming snares at a loop

  • I dont think it would be anything significant.

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    I hope he is a blend of what made Freddy 1.0 unique and what makes Freddy 2.0 strong. And that'll he'll actually need a decent amount of learning to master. And once more be a unique killer.

    My hopes are he isn't nerfed to oblivion

  • Slowdown addons removed/nerfed and a speed reduction when setting snares. That's the most he'll get.

  • That he's stronger than version 2.0

  • @Mr_K said:

    That he's stronger than version 2.0

    They’ve confirmed it’s a nerf

  • I guess the change will be minor so I wouldn’t call him 3.0 but 2.1 or something..


    and I also hope we get a new (original) killer based on Freddy Version 1.0 but with QoL adaptions for both killer and survivor side.

  • Yeah I hope they bring back some of his old kit, it looks much better than what we have now for lore AND actual skillful gameplay wise

  • It will be a lame ass "rework" with some more cooldowns and be slowed while putting snares

  • I don't expect a Bubba-scale rework they'll probably just slap a slowdown/cooldown on snares, maybe nerf dream pallets for no reason and call it a day.

    My only major gripe with Freddy is how he can completely surround generators/block hallways with snares for information.

    IMO all he needs is snares being able to be crouched over like Hag traps so that the 2v1 vs Freddy is at least possible.

  • Honestly, I would love to see his old kit back. But they will probably do something boring and unnecessary, like a slowdown or a cooldown.

  • @GeneralV said:

    Honestly, I would love to see his old kit back. But they will probably do something boring and unnecessary, like a slowdown or a cooldown.

    Tbf his snares are very spammable. Either make it easier to stay awake or make it have some sort of slowdown

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1969984#Comment_1969984

    Tbf his snares are very spammable. Either make it easier to stay awake or make it have some sort of slowdown

    Well, his snares are indeed spammable, but placing them strategically is much better and more effective. Besides, it is relatively easy to stay awake. If people play Freddy properly, there is nothing wrong with his kit. 

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1969994#Comment_1969994

    Well, his snares are indeed spammable, but placing them strategically is much better and more effective. Besides, it is relatively easy to stay awake. If people play Freddy properly, there is nothing wrong with his kit. 

    I don’t think Freddy is op just a bit too strong for how little effort he is to play. If he had a slowdown this would reward good snare placement and punish people who just spam them

  • @Phasmamain said:

    A penalty for spamming snares at a loop

    A penalty for using his power?

  • Original NOES skin.

    Honestly, he would probably be in a good place if he had less gen slow down add-ons and if more things could wake survivors up.

    If failing a skill check wakes a survivor up, why doesn't completing a generator or using party starters. I also think that having to go to the far side of the map to use the alarm clock is pretty tough too. Maybe make less clocks, but any of them can wake you up? Not sure what the solution is, but I just think it should be easier to wake up.

  • The main thing is that Freddy needs to be more active in putting survivors asleep. The fact survivors fall asleep passively and alarm clocks spawn the furthest away from you can slow down the game by forcing survivors to take quite a bit of time to wake themselves up. Also since everyone falls asleep at the same time at the start you can't even use teammates to wake you up. Then he has action speed penalty addons for sleeping survivors which can stack with other slowdown perks like Sloppy and Thana which allows Freddy to slow down the game without very little effort.

  • More a slowdown/cooldown like every other killer has

  • They'll probably just give him some stupid cooldown or slowdown.

  • @QwQw said:

    They'll probably just give him some stupid cooldown or slowdown.

    "Freddy now works on a charge system cooldown, similar to Billy"