Why can't killers leave without a dc penalty

I think there should be a way for killers to leave a game without a dc penalty if they end up with a bunch of toxic survivours that won't leave or do gens and just piss you off. Concidering survuviurs can die on first hook if they don't like the way the game is going but killers get dc penalty seems kinda unfair

Comments

  • I mean, the answer to that is incredibly obvious and we both know it.

    However yes, killer does get the short end of the stick being stuck in toxic matches where as survivors do always have a penalty free way out. That is unfair but there is nothing that can be done about that part.

  • Just go afk for that match. Watch YouTube for 5 minutes then come back

  • @Dingo88 said:

    I think there should be a way for killers to leave a game without a dc penalty if they end up with a bunch of toxic survivours that won't leave or do gens and just piss you off. Concidering survuviurs can die on first hook if they don't like the way the game is going but killers get dc penalty seems kinda unfair

    You're asking for a surrender option but remember games only go for 5 minutes if the killer has no pressure. Survivors can't hold the game hostage with egc either.

  • @Dingo88 said:

    I think there should be a way for killers to leave a game without a dc penalty if they end up with a bunch of toxic survivours that won't leave or do gens and just piss you off. Concidering survuviurs can die on first hook if they don't like the way the game is going but killers get dc penalty seems kinda unfair

    They wont leave? Force them out (you can open the exit gate yourself). They won't do gens? so kill them.

    The fact of the matter is, killers dc'ing is more toxic than a single survivor DC'ing. If a killer DC's you just wasted all 4 survivors times and you force them to sit in queue for another 15+ minutes to find a match. Where as if a survivor DC's or kills themself, the killer still gets points and the survivors can still continue playing.

  • @Ivaldi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/229355/why-cant-killers-leave-without-a-dc-penalty

    They wont leave? Force them out (you can open the exit gate yourself). They won't do gens? so kill them.

    The fact of the matter is, killers dc'ing is more toxic than a single survivor DC'ing. If a killer DC's you just wasted all 4 survivors times and you force them to sit in queue for another 15+ minutes to find a match. Where as if a survivor DC's or kills themself, the killer still gets points and the survivors can still continue playing.

    If the survivors are doing nothing but hiding and avoiding gens you can't really go out and kill them...


  • @Dingo88 said:

    I think there should be a way for killers to leave a game without a dc penalty if they end up with a bunch of toxic survivours that won't leave or do gens and just piss you off. Concidering survuviurs can die on first hook if they don't like the way the game is going but killers get dc penalty seems kinda unfair

    Yeah that's fair. I think there should be a way for survivors to leave a game without DC penalty as well if they end up with a bunch of toxic survivors and killer.

  • @Ivaldi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/229355/why-cant-killers-leave-without-a-dc-penalty

    They wont leave? Force them out (you can open the exit gate yourself). They won't do gens? so kill them.

    The fact of the matter is, killers dc'ing is more toxic than a single survivor DC'ing. If a killer DC's you just wasted all 4 survivors times and you force them to sit in queue for another 15+ minutes to find a match. Where as if a survivor DC's or kills themself, the killer still gets points and the survivors can still continue playing.

    Don't you think they deserve that if they ruin the fun?

  • @Shirokinukatsukami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/229355/why-cant-killers-leave-without-a-dc-penalty

    Yeah that's fair. I think there should be a way for survivors to leave a game without DC penalty as well if they end up with a bunch of toxic survivors and killer.

    There already is, it's called dying on hook. If the killer is slugging then yeah, that sucks, but at that point just watch a video or something until you bleed out. Killers have no out if they want to leave a match without facing a DC penalty.

  • @CornHub said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1963420#Comment_1963420

    If the survivors are doing nothing but hiding and avoiding gens you can't really go out and kill them...

    I just spent over an hour on Blackwater swamp looking for 4 claudettes who did one gen then I'm asuming they just hid in lockers and used urban evation round the map. Dident get any hits no gens were being done so I dcd as I actually wanted a fun game. If I want to play hide and seek il download a hide and seek game. So now that I had to dc coz I was getting bored I have to wait an hour before I can get back in any game. Its a joke

  • @Dingo88 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1963486#Comment_1963486

    I just spent over an hour on Blackwater swamp looking for 4 claudettes who did one gen then I'm asuming they just hid in lockers and used urban evation round the map. Dident get any hits no gens were being done so I dcd as I actually wanted a fun game. If I want to play hide and seek il download a hide and seek game. So now that I had to dc coz I was getting bored I have to wait an hour before I can get back in any game. Its a joke

    Dead by Daylight is a hide and seek game.

  • Yea but not the way they were playing it.

  • There's hiding and there's taking the piss

  • For the record, because there seems to be some misunderstanding about this, and there always is:

    If survivors do nothing but hide and refuse to do the objectives, forcing the killer into searching for them for an extended period of time not touching any gens or anything- that is holding the game hostage, and it is a reportable offense.

    @Dingo88 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1963486#Comment_1963486

    I just spent over an hour on Blackwater swamp looking for 4 claudettes who did one gen then I'm asuming they just hid in lockers and used urban evation round the map. Dident get any hits no gens were being done so I dcd as I actually wanted a fun game. If I want to play hide and seek il download a hide and seek game. So now that I had to dc coz I was getting bored I have to wait an hour before I can get back in any game. Its a joke

    If they literally were doing this and not doing any objectives for like 15 - 20 minutes or more, yes that is a reportable situation. Record that match, submit a ticket and an ingame report.

    The first ban for it is only about 24 hours, but they do accumulate if they continue with that kind of action.

  • While it should be in there, the result would be that very few matches would reach the end.

  • @CornHub said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1963420#Comment_1963420

    If the survivors are doing nothing but hiding and avoiding gens you can't really go out and kill them...

    @Dipper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1963420#Comment_1963420

    Don't you think they deserve that if they ruin the fun?

    In over 3500 hours, i've never had a match where survivors hid all match and prevented me from leaving. I've had longer matches as a survivor because of bad 3 gens than as killer due to survivors trying to hide.

  • Just go do other stuff in the game like use your power until you get your max points so you get more bloodpoints or break any thrown down pallets. At least you'll get something out if the game

  • @Ivaldi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1963486#Comment_1963486

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1963518#Comment_1963518

    In over 3500 hours, i've never had a match where survivors hid all match and prevented me from leaving. I've had longer matches as a survivor because of bad 3 gens than as killer due to survivors trying to hide.

    Oh boy let me tell you something play as a c and below tier killer and kill one or two of them with at least 3 gens left then make sure you are in an indoor map ormond or coldwind

  • @Ivaldi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1963486#Comment_1963486

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1963518#Comment_1963518

    In over 3500 hours, i've never had a match where survivors hid all match and prevented me from leaving. I've had longer matches as a survivor because of bad 3 gens than as killer due to survivors trying to hide.

    And I have 2k hours and have had plenty of matches where survivors hide and do nothing even if you afk. There's like a daily held hostage thread to prove it happens often enough.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I mean, the answer to that is incredibly obvious and we both know it.

    However yes, killer does get the short end of the stick being stuck in toxic matches where as survivors do always have a penalty free way out. That is unfair but there is nothing that can be done about that part.

    Ya there get better and face the toxic survivor that's what I would do

  • It would be cool if killers could open the gate at any time.

    2 gens left things are going well

    Boom Noed+Bloodwarden out of nowhere

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    It would be cool if killers could open the gate at any time.

    2 gens left things are going well

    Boom Noed+Bloodwarden out of nowhere

    noed and bloodwarden are already annoying as they are, i dont want to deal with them mid game

  • @swager21 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1964554#Comment_1964554

    noed and bloodwarden are already annoying as they are, i dont want to deal with them mid game

    To be fair, that wouldn't be mid game; it would be at the end of the game still.

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1965640#Comment_1965640

    Or you can play really scummy, wraith with claxon (silent bell) and an unstealthing speed add on, then go fire up, noed, blood warden and relentless (or another perk to help you secure the kills quickly, maybe agitation?).

    I've done this after a game where survivors held me hostage for a few days. It was actually really fun no matter the map, just hope the gate spawns aren't to far apart.

    But it ain't fun having to rely on meta perks to win it just gets boring playing the same killer with the same perks all the time

  • @Dingo88 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1963486#Comment_1963486

    I just spent over an hour on Blackwater swamp looking for 4 claudettes who did one gen then I'm asuming they just hid in lockers and used urban evation round the map. Dident get any hits no gens were being done so I dcd as I actually wanted a fun game. If I want to play hide and seek il download a hide and seek game. So now that I had to dc coz I was getting bored I have to wait an hour before I can get back in any game. Its a joke

    If they refused to partake in the normal gameplay loop for 25 minutes or more it's classed as holding the game hostage and is a bannable offence.

    @CornHub said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1963420#Comment_1963420

    If the survivors are doing nothing but hiding and avoiding gens you can't really go out and kill them...

    See above.