Maybe DS and OoO should not be nerfed at this time

Right now, killers are curb-stomping survivors. Sure there is a hit-box issue causing part of it, but even before that, survivors, I felt, were underpowered. I just started keeping track of every game I play on DBD so we have data to actually see what's happening to survivors. There will need to be a lot more games statistics recorded to get an accurate view of what's happening. But even before this, I rarely saw 2 survivors escape. With how easy Killers have it right now, it's definitely not the time to nerf anything survivor sided.,

image.png


Comments

  • That's why it's coming next chapter when this is fixed. And 5 games with killers that perform better then most get some more statistics.

  • As Survivor, it's rare that my team has anyone die, much less more than one.

  • Are you playing as killer or survivor? I suggest you to play as killer. Solo queues are bad examples, even though you might be a good survivor.

    And DS and OoO change should happen ages ago. It’s unbelievable how they survived this long.

  • Those two perks are definitely busted and need changes. Glad the devs are doing the right thing on this issue.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    Right now, killers are curb-stomping survivors. Sure there is a hit-box issue causing part of it, but even before that, survivors, I felt, were underpowered. I just started keeping track of every game I play on DBD so we have data to actually see what's happening to survivors. There will need to be a lot more games statistics recorded to get an accurate view of what's happening. But even before this, I rarely saw 2 survivors escape. With how easy Killers have it right now, it's definitely not the time to nerf anything survivor sided.,

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/61IG7PQFKIRW/image.png

    That has no bearing on whether or not OoO and DS need a tweak, and everything to do with YOU needing to get better. :)

  • @Pulsar said:

    As Survivor, it's rare that my team has anyone die, much less more than one.

    It's rare for even a single person to die in your matches as survivor? Do you always play with a SWF sweat squad?

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/229271/maybe-ds-and-ooo-should-not-be-nerfed-at-this-time

    That has no bearing on whether or not OoO and DS need a tweak, and everything to do with YOU needing to get better. :)

    Actually, it does. If survivors are weaker than killers, then nerfing anything survivor right now is a bad mistake. I'm playing solo and SWF. Since Behavior isn't giving any data, I'm giving you the data I'm seeing in Solo/SWF queue.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1962720#Comment_1962720

    Actually, it does. If survivors are weaker than killers, then nerfing anything survivor right now is a bad mistake. I'm playing solo and SWF. Since Behavior isn't giving any data, I'm giving you the data I'm seeing in Solo/SWF queue.

    Except that....

    1. OoO in its current form ONLY works well for SWF. Solo who use it just die (quickly).
    2. DS in its current format is also only used aggressively by SWF. Solo just use the anti-tunnel, which isn't changing.

    In short, your statement holds no water, doesn't hold up to scrutiny, and fails the logic test. The new OoO (if released as discussed) is actually MORE POWERFUL for Solo because it will allow you to control when you will be seen, and allows you to scout and discover quickly what Perks the Killer has by seeing them whenever their Perk triggers to see you. Do you follow? The new DS won't change for people trying to avoid tunneling at all. SWF are not, as a rule, the ones getting slaughtered. It is the Solo que where the most deaths are racked up and the changes do not hurt and in some cases strengthen things for them.

  • Nice sample size there, buddy.

  • @ReverseVelocity said:

    Nice sample size there, buddy.

    Sample size it getting bigger every game I play.

  • yeah no OoO is so unhealthy for this game that it should be nerfed regardless of what the hell is going on.

    DS at the very least needs to deactivate when doing gens the only ones i think it shouldn't deactivate on is healing and saves.

    these perks are extremely strong tho and need to be nerfed even with this horrible desync.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    Right now, killers are curb-stomping survivors. Sure there is a hit-box issue causing part of it, but even before that, survivors, I felt, were underpowered. I just started keeping track of every game I play on DBD so we have data to actually see what's happening to survivors. There will need to be a lot more games statistics recorded to get an accurate view of what's happening. But even before this, I rarely saw 2 survivors escape. With how easy Killers have it right now, it's definitely not the time to nerf anything survivor sided.,

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/61IG7PQFKIRW/image.png

    5 matches out of 10's of thousands..... that puts your numbers into question. a good sample size would be about 1000 matches RANDOMLY sampled from those 10's of thousands, not just what you experienced. and what you experience is NOT the same as what is statistically accurate. when you take even 1000 samples from ONE source within the group you taint the sample. so if you were to take 1000 of YOUR matches that is not going to be accurate where as 1000 at random would be. DS tweak does not change it's functionality it however does change how it has been used previously, and the new Object is actually much more powerful, especially if it is wielded by the NON obsession.

  • This makes me remember when ruin got nerfed, how every killer had issues when the nerf came to live.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    Right now, killers are curb-stomping survivors. Sure there is a hit-box issue causing part of it, but even before that, survivors, I felt, were underpowered. I just started keeping track of every game I play on DBD so we have data to actually see what's happening to survivors. There will need to be a lot more games statistics recorded to get an accurate view of what's happening. But even before this, I rarely saw 2 survivors escape. With how easy Killers have it right now, it's definitely not the time to nerf anything survivor sided.,

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/61IG7PQFKIRW/image.png

    can you at least play 10 games before doing this?

    hell, I did this

    @Alice_pbg said:

    Kinda like I did here

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87169/so-i-wrote-down-which-killers-i-faced-for-37-matches

    But more and better.

    On ps4, from rank 13 to rank 3. Total of 87 matches. Was expecting rank to reset today, (for some reason) and was gonna do a final push to 100... but now I can't. Oh well...

    First, which killers I faced and how many times

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/464/J2WQ6VTEXPGS.png

    And just like last time, no hag...

    Edit: doctor number is incorrect, it's supposed to be 4 matches

    But...a lot of spirit and demo(which makes sense)

    Because ranks were weird, heres a graph for the difference in rank between me and the killers

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/128/WI78LXRFH2JE.png

    The "-" made the numbers be in italic... but everything on the left of 0 is supposed to be negative, meaning the killer was higher ranked than me by that amount.

    Positive numbers mean I was higher ranked by that amount.

    And the hardest graph to see because of the amount of things, which perks the killers used?

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/213/PTA482BXYV7J.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/712/1IYNW5XUF0RV.png

    Both versions here, choose your favorite. I think both are hard to see...

    Ruin is king, surprising no one... mostly thanks to spirit, since it was used 11 out of the 12 times I faced her

    But still 51 times out of 87 matches, 58.62% of the games, quite impressive.

    Now, what were the killers average kills?

    (Because sometimes I ######### up, the numbers aren't exact in some cases)

    Freddy- 2.83 kills per match

    Wraith- 3.25

    Trapper- 2.5

    Leatherface- 3

    Doctor- 1.75

    Hillbilly- 2.16

    Michael Myers- 3.44

    Legion- 1.33

    Huntress- 3.33

    Pig- 3 to 4 (######### up)

    Ghostface- 2.07 to 2.64 (######### up)

    Demogorgon- 2.41

    Nurse- 2.66

    Clown- 2.5

    Plague- 1.66

    Spirit- 2.66

    So, in certain numbers, it's Michael, but if pig got at least 2 kills in the 1 game I didn't write down the results, she's the queen.

    Legion being the bottom guy/gal (except for hag who doesn't exist, apparently)

    That's all I'm putting here, at least for now.

    But I am gonna say exactly what I wrote from each game (most of the time at least). So if you want any specifics, feel free to ask.

    My rank, perks, item and addons, if I survived, when I died(gens based), pip, if hatch was used or not(by me, mostly), how many bloodpoints I got in each category each game.

    The killer rank, perks, addons, kills, gens sucessfully protected, if noed(if used) activated, if mori was used and when.

    The Map, how many DC's( and against who)

    So..

    Thoughts?

    and the 87 matches there, are still a very small amount

  • Mind if I collaborate with you, on this season and last patch? I think we really need some data on what's happening. And 68 matches are all we really need for statistically significant, 90% Confidence level and 10% margin of error. I want to do more than that though.

  • 10 matches played, wow definitely no room for errors in the data, impossible for the actual bell curve at any point not to be directly centered where this data is, no sir this is the real data not Gerry rigged in any way shape or form.

    Maybe give some substation amount of data, INCLUDING data from other players because of course if you only take data from one player at 2 standard deviations to the right of average player skill on average they will beat AVERAGE (hope I said it enough) survivors, one killer doesn't not all of dbd statistics make, you are gonna need a few more statistics from both yourself and others.

  • A whopping 12 games. Wow. Maybe you should wait until you have more to make a post like this.

  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    A whopping 12 games. Wow. Maybe you should wait until you have more to make a post like this.

    15 games with 73% of the games being 4ks. That's 11 out of 15 games were 4ks. Trust me, this isn't just random, this is happening all the time now. That's the reason I think this data needs to be seen.

  • I have one question. Do you leave as soon as you can or 99% the door and try save?

    I have had so many games go from a 1k to a 4k because survivors refuse to leave until everyone is out or the person put on the hook last dies.

    Escaping is not tied to pips so survivors don't feel the need to survive.

    Kills are tied to pips so the killer MUST KILL to rank up.

    See the difference?

  • @Munqaxus said:

    Right now, killers are curb-stomping survivors. Sure there is a hit-box issue causing part of it, but even before that, survivors, I felt, were underpowered. I just started keeping track of every game I play on DBD so we have data to actually see what's happening to survivors. There will need to be a lot more games statistics recorded to get an accurate view of what's happening. But even before this, I rarely saw 2 survivors escape. With how easy Killers have it right now, it's definitely not the time to nerf anything survivor sided.,

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/61IG7PQFKIRW/image.png

    Now do one with tournament results.

    Also, you fail to mention what rank you are, and how many hours you have played. Both very relevant to these stats.

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/229271/maybe-ds-and-ooo-should-not-be-nerfed-at-this-time

    Now do one with tournament results.

    Also, you fail to mention what rank you are, and how many hours you have played. Both very relevant to these stats.

    Sure, I was Red rank 4 before the patch screwed up emblems and have 1,988 hours on the game. Tournament play does not matter, this game isn't made for tournaments, with the best 4 survivors against the best killer is not what normal everyday people play against.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1962984#Comment_1962984

    Sure, I was Red rank 4 before the patch screwed up emblems and have 1,988 hours on the game. Tournament play does not matter, this game isn't made for tournaments, with the best 4 survivors against the best killer is not what normal everyday people play against.

    Red rank 4, as survivor, where rank 1 is basically free. That says a lot.


    Also, tournaments do matter, because it shows that at high levels of play this game is heavily skewed to survivors. It doesn't matter that its not "everyday people" the devs need to be nerfing survivors to bring them in line, and then buffing solo queue survivors by giving them ways to communicate. Take a look at Scott Jund's recent video discussing this exact thing.


  • @Reinami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1962997#Comment_1962997

    Red rank 4, as survivor, where rank 1 is basically free. That says a lot.

    Also, tournaments do matter, because it shows that at high levels of play this game is heavily skewed to survivors. It doesn't matter that its not "everyday people" the devs need to be nerfing survivors to bring them in line, and then buffing solo queue survivors by giving them ways to communicate. Take a look at Scott Jund's recent video discussing this exact thing.

    5 players at the highest level of play is not the player base. In fact, it's not even 1% of the player base. Normal players do not play the same way and aren't running in SWFs with optimized perks.

    Think of this in terms of the Nurse. If high-skilled play indicated a killers strength, then why wouldn't the Nurse be nerfed? It's because almost no one can play her at the skill-cap required to user her. Normal players can't play Nurse at high-skilled levels, so why nerf her based on what less than 1% of the player base can do.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1963001#Comment_1963001

    5 players at the highest level of play is not the player base. In fact, it's not even 1% of the player base. Normal players do not play the same way and aren't running in SWFs with optimized perks.

    Think of this in terms of the Nurse. If high-skilled play indicated a killers strength, then why wouldn't the Nurse be nerfed? It's because almost no one can play her at the skill-cap required to user her. Normal players can't play Nurse at high-skilled levels, so why nerf her based on what less than 1% of the player base can do.

    And yet, they nerfed her anyway.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1962821#Comment_1962821

    Mind if I collaborate with you, on this season and last patch? I think we really need some data on what's happening. And 68 matches are all we really need for statistically significant, 90% Confidence level and 10% margin of error. I want to do more than that though.

    if you wanna add whatever numbers from my thing to yours, be my guest. but I don't feel like writting down all the stuff again.


    btw, you had 14/19 4ks

    I had 38/87, as you can see.

    Untitled Image


    yours is almost 75% while mine is 43.7%

    neither of these coincide with the latest data drop from behaviour

    @Botiz said:

    Here's the Kill Rate & Pick Rate Charts for All Ranks and Red Ranks Only from the Q&A Stream. Top percentage is Kill Rate, bottom percentage is Pick Rates.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/68NFHE5K59C2/image.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/VV799GPBPFZF/image.png

    your avg is too high, mine is too low.


    so unless you give me at least 500 games or so, it is not statistically significant.

    it is for you individually, but not for a full picture

  • You are bad doesn't mean that survivor is weak.

  • Definitely not. Nerfs were totally unjustified.

    Survivors are supposed to be helpless and have no fun....in a video game of all things.

  • Killers are curbstomping the survivors? English is read left to right, remember.

  • The game is basically a miserable experience if you don't play killer or don't have 3 friends who also wasted their money to play with.

  • Just loop the killer. Not difficult.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    Right now, killers are curb-stomping survivors. Sure there is a hit-box issue causing part of it, but even before that, survivors, I felt, were underpowered. I just started keeping track of every game I play on DBD so we have data to actually see what's happening to survivors. There will need to be a lot more games statistics recorded to get an accurate view of what's happening. But even before this, I rarely saw 2 survivors escape. With how easy Killers have it right now, it's definitely not the time to nerf anything survivor sided.,

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/61IG7PQFKIRW/image.png

    lol sir i just had a game were i wish i could kick someone out cause they cant hit a basic skill check....

    its not hard but let me tell you bring the killer to me cause you cant be bothered to learn one of the most simple mechanics in almost any game..... and wonder why i don't care about helping others

    i don't think the kill rates too high i just think a bulk of the player base isn't any good.

  • Killers have been curbstomping survivors for the past 2-3 years. It's no big deal.

    The DS and OOO nerfs are fine.

    But I would definitely want them to also take a look at Ruin. I can tell you that Ruin is the #1 reason killers are doing so well for the majority of players. If I go without ruin I will usually get 1K, m aybe 2K if the survivor team sucked and an occassional 4K if they really sucked. If I slot Ruin in I get 3-4Ks without even trying. That's how big an advantage Ruin gives. Of course there's a risk it blows instantly. But that just underscores why it's a bad mechanic, if it's such a game-changing effect that is based on nothing but the luck of the totem spawn.

  • 1) watch any unruled tournament and tell me that survivors are underpowered. Solo que, maybe, but not survivors.

    2) they aren't getting nerfed at the same time.

    3) the Devs worship their stats to the point of insanity whilst not taking into account the data behind the data.

  • You Serious.gif

    You only checked 5 games.

  • @Mister_Holdout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1962701#Comment_1962701

    It's rare for even a single person to die in your matches as survivor? Do you always play with a SWF sweat squad?

    Not usually, I play Solo at Rank 1 and if anyone dies it's usually me 😂

  • These stats are personal to you and doesn't show whether DS or OoO was even in play for you. Also atm when things are still getting fixed for 4.5.0 isn't really the best time to be like "See they shouldn't nerf it yet." Right. They aren't nerfing it yet. Things will be more fixed when DS is change and OoO is still a major wip and when changed (if at all) will probably be around Chapter 20 or 21. We're still a ways away.

  • @ChurchofPig said:

    These stats are personal to you and doesn't show whether DS or OoO was even in play for you. Also atm when things are still getting fixed for 4.5.0 isn't really the best time to be like "See they shouldn't nerf it yet." Right. They aren't nerfing it yet. Things will be more fixed when DS is change and OoO is still a major wip and when changed (if at all) will probably be around Chapter 20 or 21. We're still a ways away.

    If I were the only survivor that's getting stats like these, then this is the weirdest bug I've ever seen.

    I'm a good player, not a great player, I'll admit that. However, if me and everyone below red rank 3 is getting stats like this, then there is a serious problem that the Devs need to seriously look into. And I totally think there shouldn't be any nerfs to survivors until the Devs figure out why survivors under red rank 3 are getting slaughtered.

    This game needs to be playable and enjoyable for everyone. The Devs are basically giving 4ks to Killers at this point.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1963001#Comment_1963001

    5 players at the highest level of play is not the player base. In fact, it's not even 1% of the player base. Normal players do not play the same way and aren't running in SWFs with optimized perks.

    Think of this in terms of the Nurse. If high-skilled play indicated a killers strength, then why wouldn't the Nurse be nerfed? It's because almost no one can play her at the skill-cap required to user her. Normal players can't play Nurse at high-skilled levels, so why nerf her based on what less than 1% of the player base can do.

    I'm a nurse main who thinks nurse should be nerfed. Just because it isn't common doesn't mean it's fair or balanced. I'm saying they should nerf survivors. And buff solo queue survivors by giving them similar communication abilities as SWF.


    Let's put it this way. Imagine a scenario where a new killer offering is made. This offering has a 0.1% chance to appear in the bloodweb. Using this offering does the following:

    - killer is able to mori all survivors immediately.

    - killer automatically gets max bloodpoints and emblems.

    - killer can see the aura of every survivor permanently.

    - all survivors are permanently exposed.


    Now. Surely killers that use that offering will have a near 100% win rate. But it will only appear in 1 out of every 1000 games due to it's rarity.


    Is that offering balanced? Should it be nerfed? Or should it be buffed because it doesn't show up that often?

  • Survivors still have there anti-tunnel perk and OoO was a mistake of a perk. When I play survivor, I us DS to counter tunnelling killers so Idc about the nerf. Now that OoO is nerfed, I think I can play Hag or Trapper knowing survivors will not know where all my traps are.

    Ds and OoO wasn't just a nerf, it was a fix. Ds is a "Anti-tunnel" perk, still is. OoO was just too OP in a swf but now it's a good perk for solos like myself to run. Developers wanted to buff solos, this is a start. Now about that Premonition buff, I need it.