Myers power needs a change?
The truth is that it is one of the oldest killers of DbD and the truth is that it is very outdated, they have not touched it in a long time and I think they should add a special ability to its power that is not just stalking all the time or correct your addons.
Comments
I think that Myers is one of the more interesting killers because he can be played in so many different ways, and his add-ons are an example of that. You can stalk and get a one-hit down ability, you can stay in tier 1 and be spooky Myers (and with an add-on you can see auras through walls), or you can put on an add-on to get an instant mori ability. Pretty versatile, really nifty.
There are only a few things I think Myers needs. One, he should be immune to Spine Chill in tier 1 (just tier 1). Two, they need to fix the latency issues so his EW power meter doesn't bounce around and screw the killer when he's trying to 99% the thing. And maybe three they could lessen the amount of stalk needed to get out of tier 1, but I dunno about that one.
I would love to see Myers update to buff him a little but I'm afraid they'll gut his addons. His tombstones and mirrors are some of the most unique addons left in the game and I wouldn't want to see any changes to them. I wouldn't mind minor nerf to tombstone piece but touching his ultra rares or nerfing scratched mirror would be uncalled for.
If the overal buffs or QoL changes were good enough, I could get over it but I have my doubts that devs will be touching Michael any time soon as they said next changes are to demo, huntress and freddy.
The ultra rare or very rare addons is what I fear the most from Myers, but I feel the need to see something new in him, I imagine seeing something new from him when I haddonfield rework.
I'd give him his multi-stalk back and remove the limit of stalk per survivor. This just artificially puts a glass ceiling of potential on him.
If the survivors misplay and stack he should be able to capitalize on that. I also think him preying on the weakest player to help him take down the stronger ones is one of the differentiators of him from Ghostface and removing the stalk cap per survivor emphasizes this.
These things given back adds more skill and strategy to him.
Myers doesn't need a fundamental rework. Frankly, I think his simplicity is his strength, especially in terms of fun factor.
In terms of rebalancing, all he really needs IMO are changes to Evil Within 1 to potentially make it easier to escape when against skilled Survivors. That could also be accomplished through addons (such as maybe allowing Boyfriend's Memo to reduce the cost of escaping EW1 by 1/5 total evil "points")
In terms of addons, Tombstone Piece is absolutely overpowered- Judith's Tombstone is much tamer and doesn't really need major overhauls. Scratched Mirror absolutely isn't overpowered whatsoever, but Vanity Mirror is definitely lackluster in comparison to it. Most of his Stalking addons also need a value reassessment.
However, I think there's a lot of room for great ideas for Myers addons to replace some of the worse ones- I'd suggest an addon that dramatically increases Stalk drain speed against any Survivor you're viewing through a vaultable window.
Honestly all Myers needs is to make it so that Evil Within 1 isn't completely crippling early game. Survivors with Spine chill make it stupid hard to get out of it early game costing you time and pressure.
yeah, i agree. i think he's way too simple in design, super outdated.
he doesn't need to be some insane skillshot machine, but giving him more depth is what he needs, or at least EMBRACING the versatility that he already has, and doing more with it.
they're not gonna buff him cause stats, but at least some type of significant change to keep his current appeal, but making him a better and more interesting killer, would be really nice.
In all honesty, I think for a long time playing this game, Myers was the scariest to go against. It took me a long time to get to where I could go against him reasonably well. I think he is a really well balanced killer. Might need a few tweaks here and there, but overall, I think he instills fear in the low ranks, and is very competitive until some of the much more experienced players go against him.
I feel Judith's Tombstone needs a rework (For an ultra rare, it's ONLY good when combined with another ultra rare and IMHO is less powerful than running other addons).
Allow locker and ground moris at the cost of needing more stalk to hit EW3 (Combined with tuft, you'd need to drain every last drop out of all 4 survivors, not just 3 and a half) and being unable to lunge. (No using the EW3 extendo lunge to down someone in a loop then tombstone them on the ground.)
After buffing Judith's I'd be willing to accept a tombstone piece nerf. Currently Judith's + Tuft is a novelty build only good for the Evil Incarnate achievement and not worth running otherwise, even for fun.
Don't touch Myers or there will be hell to pay. He is the best killer in the game don't change a thing!
Bbbbbbttttt.
The problem with this game is that the killers are getting too complex with too many powers and some of them are overtuned like Freddy.
Myers is great because he is super simple but has so many ways to build him and he is fun to play and fun to play against!
Don't touch Myers and don't screw with his add-ons.
THIS RIGHT HERE, lol
Basicly the only thing Id touch about him.
Reaching EW2 needs a buff without addons. When you use the faster stalk addons it is fixed, but myers shouldnt rely on addons for this problem.
As someone who "mains" Myers, I made a suggestion post about him not too long ago. Chck it out if you want to:
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/222661/myers-changes#latest
I disagree. Myers is fun, but there are some things which makes him frustrating. So he needs something for that. Mainly to reach EW2 faster. Some maps, spine chill and good survivor let you waste too much time. And grabbing a survivor from a gen with dedicated servers is a joke. So most of the time i just want to reach EW2 fast and its not possible.
Dont get me wrong i have normally fun with myers, but when survivor spread out at the start and are not clueless, its a hard early game.
What I've been thinking:
1. Make his T1 110%, Undetectable by Spine Chill (This is where you will make your choice, either to stay in T1 and have real stealthy killer, or you will go into T3)
2. T3 120%
3. Remove limited stalking.
I agree! Imagine if they released him now?
I’d be careful what you ask for. Knowing bhvr devs, they’ll figure out some way to add a totally cool, super useful cool down to his power. They would likely also give some ultra fun, absolutely not horrible addons akin to billy.
id just hope they left him alone if I was a Mikey fan even if it meant that he has some issues.
Thematically Myers is pretty cool. Staring at survivors menacingly to power up is very fitting. The problem is the game has changed a lot since Myers's release and he changed little. We also have Ghosftace now who is a better stealthy killer than Myers and can quickly stalk individual survivors as much as he please, and Oni who has a much scarier Powered Up Instant Down mode and a more aggressive way of building up his power by collecting blood.
Nowdays what is Myers good at ? And is he really that good that he need so many restrictions ? What is the purpose of Evil Within lvl 1 ? Is Evil Within 3 really that scary without the busted add-ons ? What even are you in EW2 if not just a knife man ?
The Shape is a bit lost right now. The devs need to take a good look at him at some point and ask "What did we design this guy to do and is he successful at it in 2021 DBD?"
Removing the limited stalking is the only thing I'd really like to see removed
There's not another killer in this game where his/her power just goes away (the closest is Pig since they have a limited amount of Bear Traps but she can still go into stealth mode and goose survivors not paying attention). There seems to be no real reason for this limitation so I don't understand why it exists.
The closest thing to a good argument I've heard is then a survivor and killer can work together to kill everyone by just giving him T3 all the time but once you have a survivor specifically working with the killer, the game is essentially thrown anyway.
The only killer that has too many powers is Freddy, and he's not even complex. I don't even think Freddy is OP, he's just very annoyingly brainless and simple because of how many powers he has and how easy they are to use. I'd say he's easier than Myers - He's easier than every other killer. Otherwise, killers are absolutely not getting too complex.
The problem with Freddy is that, for some reason, they trashed a pretty decent concept for a power (OG Freddy) that they could've molded into being something really fun, but they decided to just go with the thought process of "Well, we definitely don't want to make old Freddy again! Let's make sure that this killer DEFINITELY has great map pressure and chase!" and they just gave him every ability that a killer needs.
Myers doesn't have to be that, man. For a Myers rework, all they'd have to do is KEEP what Myers is now (Stalking through tiers, with tier 1 being stealthy, tier 3 being aggressive, and tier 2 being a mix of both) but HONING IN on that, embracing it fully with adding in a unique power and giving him a little more strength. You don't have to get rid of anything he has, just add onto it. KEEP him the build master. KEEP him the knife man stalker of DBD. KEEP him simple to a degree, just add a little more depth to what he has.
No killer in this game has ever needed a Freddy-style rework, and I certainly don't think Myers needs one.
Myers changes
Survivors who haven't been stalked within the last minute start to regenerate their lost stalk, slowly.
You can stalk survivors who are drained of stalk, but it charges your EW at half the normal speed.
Once reaching 100% EW2, press the active ability button to transition to EW3.
Review add-ons and remove the penalties from them.
Tombstone: While in EW3, can kill survivors on the spot via mori when they are lower than 50% on stalk. Removes stalking penalties.
Tombstone Piece: While in EW3, can grab survivors on the spot and put them on your shoulder. Survivors take longer to struggle free when grabbed this way. Removes stalking penalties.