So will DS+UB be cool now?
With the old DS it was nasty. But with new DS I think it'll be good now. You won't have to worry about them getting up then DS you at the gen. It'll still be strong but do you guys believe the combo will still be busted?
With the old DS it was nasty. But with new DS I think it'll be good now. You won't have to worry about them getting up then DS you at the gen. It'll still be strong but do you guys believe the combo will still be busted?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Well seeing as it doesn't deactivate on hooking a different survivor and the timer is still the same it still leaves you in a lose/lose in that scenario so it definitely isn't "cool".
The DS by itself is fine now though.
With this change it goes from the small PP build to the mediocre PP build. You're still invincible for 60s just not if you start progressing the game once you get up now.
With the upcoming change smol pp build will be required to get any use out of DS. So you will see more of it.
Swf will be able to play around New limitations. Solo will get no use out of it.
The change doesn't fix the fact that if someone wants to tunnel you to death, they most likely will.
Ds unbreakable as always been avoidable for the most part, but now if someone's repairing a gen in front of me I can knock them down and don't have to leave them to get back up and keep repairing it's no issue to me at all.
I disagree. If i down you with ds, ive gained time because, since you still have ds, you havent really progressed the game. If you unbreakable, then thats cause i actually tunnelled and slugged you, not because you sat on a gen and i hit you. Its a win win now. Survivor loses time reviving and they havent done any progression
Eh, I think it won’t be that bad. I certainly won’t feel the need the need to shame DS+Unbreakable users anymore.
"If i down you with ds, ive gained time because, since you still have ds, you havent really progressed the game."
Actually no, you've lost time. Lets say you did great and downed me in 15 seconds. You look at it like I'm doing nothing and gained you time while you actually just lost 45 seconds of gen time from the other 3 survivors. If I get up from Unbreakable then not only did you lose more than half a gen for that down but you also didn't progress your objective at all so my team got that gen progress for free.
IE you lost way, way more time from downing me and having me off a gen while I was slugged then you actually gained.
"Survivor loses time reviving and they havent done any progression"
There aren't 3 survivors picking me up, even if we assume no Unbreakable that's still 2 survivors on gens.
It isn't exactly in a good spot, but it is so much better than before.
Yeah, I would have no issue with it anymore.
Doing anything deactivates it.
Also, most people pick their team mate up because you leave them BECAUSE they have DS, but I mean with the new DS why on earth would you be putting yourself in that situation? If you don't tunnel them like right off hook, the chances of you ever having to worry about their DS are significantly reduced.
If they have to unbreakable I am glad it's been consumed, but often they don't unbreakable usually comes in to undo greedy slug plays which is great, it is clutch for that and totally fine.
The problem was always the 60 seconds of god mode where you could go off and do whatever you wanted- you can no longer do that. So yes, this combo will be totally fine now.
Exactly.
Atm I think it's too early to call whether DS+UB is fine or not with new DS.
U think ppl are just going to take suicide protection hits with DS+unbreakable?
And it shouldn’t deactivate upon hooking another survivor. Hooking another survivor does not mean the killer didn’t tunnel you. Like if I facecamp with bubba I can easily down the unhooker and then the unhooked. Hook the unhooker and bypass DS if that change was implemented.
I agree DS + Unbreakable is still strong tho.
What does that have to do with anything? Annoying survivors do that even without DS+UB, it's just more common for them to run those perks.
That scenario isn't you tunneling though.
The main problem I had with that combo isn't the ability to get back up, it was the ability to repair in the killers face and either get a stun or get a free revive with no consequences.
Disabling DS on gens means that cocky gen plays whilst injured will no longer have a free "I win" button. If you tunnel off the hook and slug them and they revive theres nothing wrong with that.
The only thing i hated avout this combo was unbreakable.
That perk killed way more games for me than DS,but i do appreciate the the DS change.
yeah since you can't abuse it for free gen progress or saves, i would say while it is still meta you're not toxic for using this anymore.
like it will still be strong but not for the same reasons as it was before this combo now mainly hinders tunneling and as UB is meant to do slugging as well.
still smol pp
UB+DS is the new DS. There is no reason to run DS on its own anymore, since its was never anti tunnel perk.
The way I would play it now is straight up DS+UB+MoM+SB and med kit with borrowed time. Then force killer to go for me.
If they down me i get up, if they pick me up i escape.
The only good thing about the change is that you can deactivate DS yourself so that you can use it later.
It is tho. That’s like saying you aren’t facecamping as Freddy because BT didn’t go off. You just worked around it. The only way I’d say to add hooking as a factor would be to have it not deactivate if you’re slugged when someone else is hooked.
I can 100% assure you survivors are still going to use DS+UB, they are still going to win matches with it, and we are still going to see at on of killers complaining about how OP DS and UB are.