If a Killer disconnects...

...it's because of you. You are the problem. You are the reason the state of gameplay is what it is. It's all fun and games until there is nobody left to play Killer. Don't forget.

Comments

  • @Toblerone007 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1906979#Comment_1906979

    Same on the flipside?

    I see laughing and hysterics im videos of both roles for a dc. Humiliation is something socially everyone avoids but jumps on the bandwagon when it's somebody elses expense. It's human nature. Do you ever feel bad when a survivor that dcd cos you didn't read appendix B properly on the survivor rulebook? It's funny like an RQ is funny in any multilayer game. Fact of life.

    Can you read?

    My comment said “any player”.

  • When killers have disconnected against me, it's not because of the way I played. It's because of the crap matchmaking that put a rank 20 up against someone with more than 5 hours in the game.

    Seriously, I had a match against a Wraith. He camped the first survivor he caught to death, so when he came for me I knew I was only getting the one chase and then I was dead. Well... he never caught me, and after a couple gens popped he DC'd. He was a rank 20. I can't loop to save my life! (ha!) There's nothing I could've done aside from throw the chase.

    That's on matchmaking, which needs to be fixed a year ago, but here it is still making new players miserable and veteran players bored.

  • I'm just gonna say this:

    I don't play toxic. And if a Killer DC's, I don't really get joy out of it. I'll normally shrug it off, or be surprised if anything.

    At the same time, I've had some people DC as both killer and survivor for, what seem like, really dumb reasons. Survivors who DC on first down. Killers who DC because I got a well-timed flashlight save on a rando. Survivors who DC'd as soon as they saw what killer I was playing. Killers who DC because I got a good sabo play.

    I don't know the headspace of my opponents. I have no way to communicate with them. I don't know if something I do will be too much for them.

    At the same time, as someone who has been in that state before on both sides, I do think that it's the responsibility of the player to know when to call it a day. You have to be the one, as a player to know when you're not in a good space to play, and call it a day, or take a break. Nothing can stop someone from DCing in this game for whatever reason if they're in a foul mood.

  • The amount of pity i'm seeing towards killers dcing in this thread...yikes

  • @Skullgrind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1907188#Comment_1907188

    You should be sorry for your poor attitude and lack of positive contribution to the game community. But keep up with the personal insults - it'll get ya far in life.

    This forum just needs a downvote button

  • @unluckycombo said:

    I'm just gonna say this:

    I don't play toxic. And if a Killer DC's, I don't really get joy out of it. I'll normally shrug it off, or be surprised if anything.

    At the same time, I've had some people DC as both killer and survivor for, what seem like, really dumb reasons. Survivors who DC on first down. Killers who DC because I got a well-timed flashlight save on a rando. Survivors who DC'd as soon as they saw what killer I was playing. Killers who DC because I got a good sabo play.

    I don't know the headspace of my opponents. I have no way to communicate with them. I don't know if something I do will be too much for them.

    At the same time, as someone who has been in that state before on both sides, I do think that it's the responsibility of the player to know when to call it a day. You have to be the one, as a player to know when you're not in a good space to play, and call it a day, or take a break. Nothing can stop someone from DCing in this game for whatever reason if they're in a foul mood.

    Agreed, and as I think you were saying, it is not on the other 'side' to intuit that state.

  • @Skullgrind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1908177#Comment_1908177

    Ah yes "Growing Up". I read your 36 forum posts and they are all basically you telling people they are bad at the game and life. Maybe you should look in the mirror. Do a little self contemplation. Why do you need to talk down to people to make yourself feel "good at the game"? If you're good you're good and it really doesn't matter what others do or think.

    Coherent or is it too much for you?

    Weird you have enough free time to read my posts. Weird and a bit creepy.


    Yes, growing up is the problem you have. You came to a forum and put your inability to try on display. Expect people to call you out when you spend the entire thread crying about “game hard no fair :(“

  • @aEONoHM said:

    And lemme guess. You're going to pretend a survivor DCing after being outplayed isn't something you find amusing? Hypocrites.

    No, I feel bad. If the survivors want to I let them farm, no one should gain amusement from another's despair.

  • @Karao_Ke said:

    Not all survivors play douchey & if something is in the game people are going to use it, therefore you should blame the devs for balance rather than the players.

    With this being said, this game is incredibly unbalanced & I agree with you. There has been many times I've went AFK as killer because I gave up & didn't get back on the role for a very long time.

    Perks like DS & OoO should be completely reworked because it is just ridiculous. Of course there might be some OP things on the killer side as well but not near as much as the survivor side.

    Careful about saying you go AFK. The mods are touchy about that, think it's 'not playing the game.'

    But I agree. OoO shouldn't be a thing. Unfortunately, the balance dev has no problems with it, so good luck in expecting change. Also with DS.

  • @Rivyn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1906851#Comment_1906851

    Careful about saying you go AFK. The mods are touchy about that, think it's 'not playing the game.'

    But I agree. OoO shouldn't be a thing. Unfortunately, the balance dev has no problems with it, so good luck in expecting change. Also with DS.

    If i play the first half of the match and get my butt kicked because the matchmaking in this game sucks, and then proceed to afk in a corner until its over and the devs have a problem with that then too bad for them.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1907602#Comment_1907602

    So when survivors complain about face camping and tunneling, killer mains say they dont care about a "survivor rulebook", but when killers complain about all these things, that a lot of them don't even give any advantage, survivors have to think about it?

    Did you know that you can give up on the hook and hop to the next game?

  • @Skullgrind said:

    ...it's because of you. You are the problem. You are the reason the state of gameplay is what it is. It's all fun and games until there is nobody left to play Killer. Don't forget.

    Jezzes just get gud Sir. If you are realy sad because someone tipped the crouch botton after droping a pallet, then you are the Problem.

  • @Moisette said:

    I've had a few Killers DC lately and it honestly makes me feel bad. I've been told I shouldn't care, but I do... I play this game to have fun and that means I like others to have fun with me and I don't try to make people DC and I don't find it funny in the slightest...

    You shouldn't care about them, just typ EZ for ending the game early and then move on to the next game.

  • @VicThor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1907641#Comment_1907641

    Did you know that you can give up on the hook and hop to the next game?

    .... your point? Don't see how that reply is relevant at all. People already see a suicide as a dc.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1906897#Comment_1906897

    You are exactly the kind of problem this post is talking about. It’s vile to get joy out of someone else’s misery and frustration.

    Why? I do this too it feels good to Killing the Killer because it's so Ironic.

  • @Skullgrind said:

    ...it's because of you. You are the problem. You are the reason the state of gameplay is what it is. It's all fun and games until there is nobody left to play Killer. Don't forget.

    Ooh poor little thing. Yeah Killers are knowns for always plays fair, no tunnel or camp etc

  • @ulquiorra_cifer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1907700#Comment_1907700

    I'm pretty sure they meant people who intentionally bully.

    Well he should actually word it in that way if that's the message he's trying to spread, rather than being vague and leading to more confusion. The way it's currently worded literally just says "if the killer DC's it's because of you and you're part of the problem."

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1909467#Comment_1909467

    .... your point? Don't see how that reply is relevant at all. People already see a suicide as a dc.

    I meant as a survivor you don’t to struggle through the facecamp, you can give up anytime. As killer there is only one give up button(DC)

  • @bobateo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1908558#Comment_1908558

    I'll applaud you for finally recognizing that there is more to this that you realized. But I have to ask that do you realize it took literal video proof for you to consider an alternative while you, yourself provided no proof for your accusation. You painted anyone who plays survivor with a huge brush, demanding more empathy and compassion from them (in game where most survs probably don't you, have every played against you, or if they have were just playing the game) than you seem to give.

    In fact from what I gathered from your postings here, you pretty much ignored any counter argument until you had not other choice but to acknowledge it. Even then, you still made excuses. Let me ask you this, do you make similar excuses for survivors who DC? Do you, in those matches when you've had them, project empathy and compassion towards them or the teammates who just got screwed over? I don't expect you to answer me, but another commenter who asked to reconsider you initial words was very on point.

    Hey Bobateo - I didn't "realize" anything. I play survivor too I know how it goes. And regarding Survivors who DC I already covered that earlier in the thread. Usually I play more for fun and farming if the Survivors want to. Sometimes they just want me to kill them so they can leave or finish a gen so we can open gates. I'm fine with either.

    Just yesterday I had a game like this where I was playing Blight and someone DC'd on their first down. The other survivors ended up getting 27k+ from the game and I only got 20k or so because I didn't get any sacrifices and minimal hooks.

    As for painting all Survivors with a big brush - hey I call it like I see it. People do the same to Killer all the time. I would love more evidence of people who don't play in toxic unfun ways but unfortunately mostly I see exactly the opposite. Plenty of people in this thread agree. ✌️💀✌️

  • @Casanova09 said:

    The amount of pity i'm seeing towards killers dcing in this thread...yikes

    Makes you think eh? Maybe this game isn't all jokes and memes and there are actual humans on the other side of the screen. 

    

  • This cracks me up. Dude is banned. Self owned.

  • @Jamlpr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1908358#Comment_1908358

    Weird you have enough free time to read my posts. Weird and a bit creepy.

    Yes, growing up is the problem you have. You came to a forum and put your inability to try on display. Expect people to call you out when you spend the entire thread crying about “game hard no fair :(“

    Denial is a hell of a drug eh Jamlpr?

  • @ILoveDemo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/223064/if-a-killer-disconnects

    Jezzes just get gud Sir. If you are realy sad because someone tipped the crouch botton after droping a pallet, then you are the Problem.

    Ah the classic "git gud" - I was worried we wouldn't see that in this thread. Achievement unlocked.

  • @deadbyhitbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1908844#Comment_1908844

    Well he should actually word it in that way if that's the message he's trying to spread, rather than being vague and leading to more confusion. The way it's currently worded literally just says "if the killer DC's it's because of you and you're part of the problem."

    Wasn't trying to be intentionally vague, I was covering all the different situations. Anybody who plays this game on the regular knows what I am talking about but sure love to pretend they don't. Odd.

  • I don't think this thread is going anywhere positive so perhaps the Mods can just close it down.

    Final thought - Killer players are not your personal punching bag. I'm tired of just "dealing with" the toxic people in this community. I want others who are silent or scared to speak up and let others know we do not appreciate it. That's really all I was hoping to accomplish.

    And in the course of the thread we saw all the evidence of exactly what I was referring to and plenty of people playing innocent at the same time. And thus.... if a Killer DC's it's probably because of you*

    *you as the Survivor, not you as the person, could be the game you are in or the game before or the game in general. 

    Maybe I'll see ya in the fog and you can see how badly I need to "git gud" ✌️💀✌️

    

  • @Skullgrind said:

    I don't think this thread is going anywhere positive so perhaps the Mods can just close it down.

    Final thought - Killer players are not your personal punching bag. I'm tired of just "dealing with" the toxic people in this community. I want others who are silent or scared to speak up and let others know we do not appreciate it. That's really all I was hoping to accomplish.

    And in the course of the thread we saw all the evidence of exactly what I was referring to and plenty of people playing innocent at the same time. And thus.... if a Killer DC's it's probably because of you*

    *you as the Survivor, not you as the person, could be the game you are in or the game before or the game in general. 

    Maybe I'll see ya in the fog and you can see how badly I need to "git gud" ✌️💀✌️

    

    Nah. If anyone DCs they’re just too sensitive to play multiplayer games. They should move on to something single player if they can’t “deal with” other players.

  • @Jamlpr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1910711#Comment_1910711

    Nah. If anyone DCs they’re just too sensitive to play multiplayer games. They should move on to something single player if they can’t “deal with” other players.

    Not really. Survivors being abusive and toxic is a very special DBD thing that is rarely seen in other games. Even the toxic behaviour of players in LoL pales in comparison to what I've seen from Survivors in this game.

    However, the great equalizer of all of this is that the killer playerbase will go down and the survivors will have dug their own graves as they'll have to wait endlessly for a game. The amount of waiting for a game in DBD, especially in the evenings, has done wonders for me in finishing other games while I wait.

  • I'm off Killer, taking a break, because of all the hacks. :) I've run into speed hacks, invulnerability hacks, Survivors with wall hacks, and a bunch of things I didn't even know what to call. Once in awhile was tolerable, price of doing business as they say. But now I'm seeing it about one in three games. I'm out. :)

  • @Skullgrind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1908962#Comment_1908962

    Hey Bobateo - I didn't "realize" anything. I play survivor too I know how it goes. And regarding Survivors who DC I already covered that earlier in the thread. Usually I play more for fun and farming if the Survivors want to. Sometimes they just want me to kill them so they can leave or finish a gen so we can open gates. I'm fine with either.

    Just yesterday I had a game like this where I was playing Blight and someone DC'd on their first down. The other survivors ended up getting 27k+ from the game and I only got 20k or so because I didn't get any sacrifices and minimal hooks.

    As for painting all Survivors with a big brush - hey I call it like I see it. People do the same to Killer all the time. I would love more evidence of people who don't play in toxic unfun ways but unfortunately mostly I see exactly the opposite. Plenty of people in this thread agree. ✌️💀✌️

    You didn't address any of my point in any meaningful fashion. Instead, you took the route of choosing a very obviously self aggrandizing fashion.

    And if you didn't 'realize anything' why did you make your original comment as you did? If already knew that all Killer DCs weren't the fault of a Surv, why did you say what you did?

    But I get it. You're playing an entirely disengenous 'gatcha game' so, I'm going to ollie out of your weird pity party where you invalidate anyone who disagrees with you and play the tiny violin more.

  • Wanna play a game?

  • @Skullgrind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1909494#Comment_1909494

    Ah the classic "git gud" - I was worried we wouldn't see that in this thread. Achievement unlocked.

    Tbh you realy need to get gud at this moment.

  • haha im proud now i already dc ing for 6 times and get matchmaking ban 48 hours. only because i am a rank 13 killer and facing a 4 swf with all red rank (2 & 3 ) with OO. How fun can that be to my gameplay. not at all. and i get message from gay myers about sportsmanship behaviour. i tell you BHVR. you can say anything about sportsmanship if you can fix that goddamn matchmaking, and you can tell back to me about sportsmanship and balancing the game. lol

  • @Skullgrind said:

    ...it's because of you. You are the problem. You are the reason the state of gameplay is what it is. It's all fun and games until there is nobody left to play Killer. Don't forget.

    Just gonna address this here and now, if you DC, that's either a skill issue, RQ or your GENUINELY having a bad time. Usually, its the first 2.


    If you DC because you spent half the game chasing a survivor who keeps stunning and looping you and all the gens are popping, here's an idea. Walk away or get better. There's nothing more I can say about that. In that scenario it's a situation of better judgement or just 'Git Gud' which disgusts me when I say it because I hate it when it's said to me. Sorry for the hypocritical statement but this one actually has some merit to it. There are counter plays called mind games but you know what I mean.


    If you lobby dodge (which I count as a form of DC) because you saw a Claudette with a key or toolbox/ you saw more than one toolbox, map or key; it's called play the damn game and stop whining. You can only learn if you play and eevading a match that could help you learn easy ways around that is complete stupidity.


    If you don't want to get nor attract toxic players or get hated on, dont bring Moris to toolboxes or keys. bring franklin and dont lobby dodge. There are so many scenarios I can play out that'd not only invalidate this statement but your mindset as well. If you wanna have a fun time then give the survivors a good time, stay on the ball and if you get T-bagged, get over it; it's not the end of the world. If you get stunned, get over it, your not gonna die.



    The harsh reality of this situation literally chalks up to survivors and killers need to stop being snowflakes. Although it seemed like I mainly targeted Killers, i'll surely ridicule survivors for pulling the same BS to make the game unfun for killers.

    If you call this game unfun because "wahhh I didnt get a sacrifice I dunt wanna plawwyy" then remember this statement.


    Fun =/= Agressive/Competitive play.

  • @indieeden7 said:

    https://youtu.be/g3YGuytgdfg

    Please tell me how any of these DCs were my fault, I'll wait

    With that whiff the killer saw into the future of a down Nea popping back up due to toxic Adrenaline and tbagging survivors at an exit gate. Under distress, the killer couldn't bare the shame any longer and gave in.

1 2 3 ›