Rank 1 is unplayable
I tried very hard and I will use moris to reach rank 1 once now, but once I did that I will never do that again.
Games are over so fast, sometimes I can only get one kill via hardcamping, I mean ######### is this crap?
Survivors pop ruin and 2 gens during my first chase and I dont see anything how I am supposed to beat this unless palying nurse maybe.
Its sad that the game is so unbalanced that you ahve to do this, but I will derank after reaching rank 1 and "bully noobs".
Usually I am more a competitive kind of guy, but Dead by daylight is a pure joke tbh
Comments
maybe you shouldnt use handicaps to win games
While almost everything you say is true, this also means that you're just not meant to be a rank 1 yet. I am a rank 1 killer and I almost always get all people, even with Freddy. That's simply because most survivors aren't that good at the game and only know how to pallet loop (sometimes). Once the loops are gone, they don't know what to do. Just take NOED with you since it's a go-to perk in rank 1. Yes you'll get salt in the after-chat (even if they destroy it in time)
You could use Nurse and combine Thanatophobia and Ruin or just get a few nice builds on multiple killers.
I'm using Save the Best for Last, BBQ, NOED and Monitor and Abuse on Michael and almost always get everyone without any gen slowers. It's annoying when you have insta savers because they kind of force you to hard patrol but other than that, it's not a big deal.
Oh yea. Avoid the obvious distracting survivor. The one that wants your attention all game long.
Yeah using several moris now I actually made it to rank 1. Got the achievment and will go back to rank 15 now by derankign afk while playing balanced games
I was playing hag..... I cant stand the nurse fatigue and thats really unfortunate because she is the only balanced killer at high lvl
Wish I would get your survivors then, but the SWF I versed can definitely not be won with freddy or troll builds^^
are you playing on console by any chance?^^
I am disgusted by console xD So no. I play normally on rank 1 on Steam. Getting streamers with over 4000 hrs who sometimes don't know how the game works cause they're only ''good'' at pallet looping. Just use the ''hints'' I gave you, trust me.
NOED is one kill if you are lucky and it is a lacking perkslot during the normal game.
I just cant see myself as hag (playing her atm) how I am supposed to deal with 4 min genrushs. There simply isnt enough time to set up traps to be prep the loops and without those traps they will loop you into infinity.
THen there are all the flashlight and instaheals..... just yikes
A minor thing that may help is to make yourself the last one to ready up. A lot of SWF will pull a fast one and do something like all carry toolboxes and then ready so you cant tweak your build ect. If you are the last to ready you decide when it starts. Or neither of you do it and you lose anyway because there's a timer. But meh.
The time of the month really dictates R1 difficulty.
1st week don't even think about staying at R1, like 9/10 games are sweaty swf.
2nd week I still usually depip but isn't as bad.
3rd and 4th week alot more casual players have arrived and it's pretty much similar to being any other rank.
I'd say wait until end of month and try again.
The core of the game is still designed perfectly fine for high rank, what ruins it is SWF. Survivors are supposed to have 16 perks as a team, SWF gives you access to the effects many perks give you simply by being able to communicate with each other. You basically get free Bond, etc. One survivor sees your hex totem, you chase them off and engage, it’s guaranteed to be cleansed shortly after. And if you build end game strategies like Blood Warden or NOED, welp, too bad.
A majority of the ranks are fine because SWF is less of an issue.
”we dont want survivors to feel safe in front of the killer, thats why we are implementing a new feature called bloodlust.”
vs
”we are nerfing bloodlust because it allows a killer to eventually catch someone looping.”
—
“shouldnt feel safe in front of killer”
”looping is a core game mechanic”
”nerfing bloodlust for balance”
Rank 1 survivors are savage that's why. (the solo one's anyway not the "carry me" swfs)
I gave up lobby dodging in red ranks. The queue takes too long and I only dodged 3 flashlights once because I played hag.
Usually quick switchers are just toxic idiots that follow you anyway and are far less from playing optimal. I can deal with these shitheads, but when the survivors pop gens in a few minutes, theres nothing I can do
They never changed the maps or increased the speed you gain bloodlust as promised,....
I gave up lobby dodging in red ranks. The queue takes too long and I only dodged 3 flashlights once because I played hag.
Usually quick switchers are just toxic idiots that follow you anyway and are far less from playing optimal. I can deal with these shitheads, but when the survivors pop gens in a few minutes, theres nothing I can do> @Well_Placed_HexTotem said:
SWF is a big part of the issue, but as marth prooved, the game is broken without voice comms too
You mean the guy who lost? Why would anyone take advice from someone who lost?
No actually it was a killer main that completely understood my situation and said that he deranks regularly on killer to avoid this kind of gameplay.
Hex ruin is almost pointless now. Most high rank survivors can work through it regardless.
Whats the difference then between four good Survivors with or without voice, I don't get it.
People play SWF at every Rank, not just R1.
Just another thing for killers to blame besides their lack of skill. They seem to forget all the matches they won to get to rank one but disregard losses as "mechanics being bad or SWF".
With voice they can coordinate, without they cant.
But yeah, the game is even broken if 4 solo survivors play together but due to the ridiculously easy pip system that pushes all survivors to rank 1, you will never have a game where 4 optimal solo survivors play together. This happen only happen in premade groups
Watch some games of the depip squad series
Bore off with the depip squad. Marth left DBD so he could go and play Deathgarden the "balanced" game, dude got 100+ wins a row and thinks that's balanced.
People play solo and ruin killers days, people play swf and ruin killers days.
Not one team plays the same he does (entire team same perks, all constantly blocking every hook).
Stop pretending every match you play is equivalent to the "depip squad". As someone who plays killer I've never played two matches in a row that are absolute cancer. People play to have fun and win, he set up an entire system to intentionally try and make killers have a bad time, most people don't do that.
It was only yesterday when I faced a similar team, but yeah it never happens in the real game
I never said it never happens, but omg, you had ONE game like that yesterday? I tend to find most people inflate their problems to perpetuate their side.
Every game the de-pip squad had was a 4-man swf. If we look at it from the killers side it was probably one bad match out of hundreds.
But yes, you had a bad match yesterday, lets pretend every match before and after that one was a toxic four man match shall we? that'll make you feel better.
I will stop this conversation here because clearly it wont lead anywhere
But mostly if you see multiple flashlights these are altruistic swf and it's an easy 3 or 4k. Maybe equip lightborn if you can play without one of your other perks.
Lightborn doesnt protect hag from being rendered a 110% killer. Yes, thats even worse than spirit^^
Never had an interest in playing killer until the winter blood points event last year. My goal was to only use Michael, and get to rank one killer.
I made tons of adjustments along the way, after every match I would constantly strategize and plan. I struggled in rank 2 and 3. I remember a match in haddonfield where I almost broke my controller because they body blocked the basement.
But i said to myself, alright you survivors, you wanna get to the end game so fast, alright cool I’ll meet you there.
I would hard camp the first guy to death, run NOED with bloodhound, and I pipped in 22/25 matches, 3 safety pips, on my way to rank one. I fell back down to rank 5 because I got so upset and started losing.
Killers are fine ~ Survivorplayers
What's new.
I wouldn'T have an issue with the current balance if ranks didn't exist and we got more mixed games.