Celebrating too soon?

I feel like between youtube, twitch comments, the forums, and other social media, people are celebrating about Iri Head being removed from Huntress. Why? The developers said she was getting an add-on pass which does not mean they're getting rid of Iri Head. Especially if the add-on performs how they expected or similarly, it's staying how it is. Not to mention it's going to be a while before her add-on pass even happens. Clown hasn't even gotten his rework and Demogorgon is said to be next on the list after Clown. Earliest we'll see anything for Huntress is July (and let's face it, it'll probably be October/next January). I just find it confusing why people are celebrating over something that we really don't know if it's going to happen. I get combo'd with Infantry Belt, iri head is more powerful. Chances are if they change anything about Iri Head, they'll take away it's ability to stack.

Note: 9 other killers have instadowns in some way that are not personal perks.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1851109#Comment_1851109

    Aaand speaking of the devil. @Deadeye i called it!

    People are already focusing Myers.

    "one person mentions tombstone"

    HEY BRO they're focusing myers! I knew it.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1851112#Comment_1851112

    "one person mentions tombstone"

    HEY BRO they're focusing myers! I knew it.

    One person in this thread*

    But i´ve already see other threads about Myers.

    Meh, who cares. Lets nerf every killer perk/addon that survivors find unpleasant to play against. Not like its going to increase survivor queues or something.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1851075#Comment_1851075

    Problematic would be, IF survivors would face several times per day a iri huntress. But right now its very rare to see killers use this addon combo. Like the last time i faced a iri huntress was in September. Of course, thats highly subjective as others could face them more often.

    But i don´t think people will see many more iri huntresses UNLESS the devs announce that they will nerf them in the next few weeks. THEN killers would use them up.

    That was already said so often. It doesn't make it less of a problem if you don't see it very often. The addon (combo) IS a problem anyway. They already announced that Huntress gets the next addon pass and still there are no increased numbers. I think your assumptions are kinda wrong.

  • Whataboutism? What did that contribute to the current topic?

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1851113#Comment_1851113

    One person in this thread*

    But i´ve already see other threads about Myers.

    Meh, who cares. Lets nerf every killer perk/addon that survivors find unpleasant to play against. Not like its going to increase survivor queues or something.

    People have been on / off complaining about tombstone for a long time.

    It's kind of like, when one thing gets fixed you move onto the next issue, nobody constantly complained about Dead Hard for 2 years, suddenly it's getting a thread made about it every other day.

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1851089#Comment_1851089

    That was already said so often. It doesn't make it less of a problem if you don't see it very often. The addon (combo) IS a problem anyway. They already announced that Huntress gets the next addon pass and still there are no increased numbers. I think your assumptions are kinda wrong.

    Because a direct nerf wasn´t announced (yet). Wanna bet how that changes when they say during a stream that they remove stacks from iri head infantry belt?

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1851114#Comment_1851114

    People have been on / off complaining about tombstone for a long time.

    It's kind of like, when one thing gets fixed you move onto the next issue, nobody constantly complained about Dead Hard for 2 years, suddenly it's getting a thread made about it every other day.

    I don´t see DH as a problem. I think it wasn´t designed around dedicated servers (which were a mistake, but thats a whole different topic) and needs some adjustments to trigger correctly.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1851119#Comment_1851119

    I don´t see DH as a problem. I think it wasn´t designed around dedicated servers (which were a mistake, but thats a whole different topic) and needs some adjustments to trigger correctly.

    this doesn't disprove my point, you and I both know it's a big topic with killers and how they want dead hard nerfed, whether you see it as a problem doesn't detract from the fact that killers didn't complain about it every day two years ago, and now it's a hot button topic.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1851109#Comment_1851109

    Aaand speaking of the devil. @Deadeye i called it!

    People are already focusing Myers.

    Not myers, tombstone piece. Its known for ages that it is too strong, to get one player killed early.

    I thought you have game experience?

  • @Tsulan said:

    By dev criteria (2 escapes) its perfectly balanced.

    https://ibb.co/J2sMGTS

    image.png

    Wow IrI head is completely underpowered and should be buffed because someone DCed using it after having missed 2 hatchets (and sitll having 1 to spare) /s

    One single screenshot of a game proves nothing.

  • @TicTac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1851112#Comment_1851112

    Not myers, tombstone piece. Its known for ages that it is too strong, to get one player killed early.

    I thought you have game experience?

    How did tombstone EVER kill a survivor early? Survivors would have to feed him so long, with him doing nothing to them, that the match would be almost over anyway.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1850955#Comment_1850955

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/PRVP743EANOA/image.png

    Wow IrI head is completely underpowered and should be buffed because someone DCed using it after having missed 2 hatchets (and sitll having 1 to spare) /s

    One single screenshot of a game proves nothing.

    Sure, lets balance around DCs.

    Not like we had that before with the first Freddy nerf :)

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1851121#Comment_1851121

    this doesn't disprove my point, you and I both know it's a big topic with killers and how they want dead hard nerfed, whether you see it as a problem doesn't detract from the fact that killers didn't complain about it every day two years ago, and now it's a hot button topic.

    I haven´t noticed DH being a hot topic now. But then again, i´m stuck in this thread, talking to everyone at once. :D

  • @Tsulan said:

    I don't see iri huntress as a problem.

    First of all, those 2 addons are really expensive and rare.

    Second is, that killers using those addons are not really good at aiming.

    The only problem with that is what happens when they do decide to use them? And I mean the actual good players who are ridiculously accurate, just because most of the times it's a noob running it doesn't mean anything when at any point someone like scott jund could go to his stockpile of like 700 iri heads and play them for the rest of the year every time he decides to play huntress if he chooses

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1851116#Comment_1851116

    Because a direct nerf wasn´t announced (yet). Wanna bet how that changes when they say during a stream that they remove stacks from iri head infantry belt?

    Ok let's bet. I remember that toolboxes got a higher pickrate short after the Ruin change without any clear nerf announcements. And the current feedback plus history of hated addon changes + usefulness of latest ultra rare addons should kinda let everyone know that the new iri heads won't be as close as OP as current.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1851124#Comment_1851124

    Sure, lets balance around DCs.

    Not like we had that before with the first Freddy nerf :)

    was my dripping sarcasm not inherently obvious or do i need to put more /s's?

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1851123#Comment_1851123

    How did tombstone EVER kill a survivor early? Survivors would have to feed him so long, with him doing nothing to them, that the match would be almost over anyway.

    Tombstone PIECE. Do i really need to show you evidence for this well known fact? There is enough on youtube.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1851126#Comment_1851126

    was my dripping sarcasm not inherently obvious or do i need to put more /s's?

    Look at the thread. I´m talking with everyone at once. Must have missed that.

  • @TicTac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1851125#Comment_1851125

    Tombstone PIECE. Do i really need to show you evidence for this well known fact? There is enough on youtube.

    You need to specify more. Just saying. As long as they don´t touch the tombstone addon, the piece can go/change.

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1851120#Comment_1851120

    Ok let's bet. I remember that toolboxes got a higher pickrate short after the Ruin change without any clear nerf announcements. And the current feedback plus history of hated addon changes + usefulness of latest ultra rare addons should kinda let everyone know that the new iri heads won't be as close as OP as current.

    No, the addon change will probably cripple the huntress. Just like it did with Nurse and Billy. 2 Very popular killers that suddenly are not so popular anymore.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1851136#Comment_1851136

    You need to specify more. Just saying. As long as they don´t touch the tombstone addon, the piece can go/change.

    Specify more? How? I took the time and checked all my comments. I said tombstone piece every time. Its your fault for not reading correct.

  • @The_Krapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1850881#Comment_1850881

    The only problem with that is what happens when they do decide to use them? And I mean the actual good players who are ridiculously accurate, just because most of the times it's a noob running it doesn't mean anything when at any point someone like scott jund could go to his stockpile of like 700 iri heads and play them for the rest of the year every time he decides to play huntress if he chooses

    I mean, he´s a streamer. He earns his living by playing. Thats like arguing, that he has every killer on p3 or something like that. Of course he has a lot of those addons or any addons.

    Wanna know what the devs should really do? Take Myers or Hag as example on how addons should change the way killers play. Addons shouldn´t be a must, but give 3 or so completely different playstyles.

  • @TicTac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1851147#Comment_1851147

    Specify more? How? I took the time and checked all my comments. I said tombstone piece every time. Its your fault for not reading correct.

    You noticed that i talk to 6 persons at the same time? No, ok then. My bad!

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1851154#Comment_1851154

    You noticed that i talk to 6 persons at the same time? No, ok then. My bad!

    Is that my problem? When you cant handle it, then dont do it. You have no time limit to answer. Quality before Quantity.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1851131#Comment_1851131

    No, the addon change will probably cripple the huntress. Just like it did with Nurse and Billy. 2 Very popular killers that suddenly are not so popular anymore.

    Huntress is one of the few killers that is completely not depending on addons. Nurse cripple was caused by adjusting the basekit, everyone agreed that the addon change was necessary and good, on top of that it is mostly agreed that nurse is still the strongest killer in the game but less fun. Same counts for Billy, although the overheat mechanic is barely noticeable when you don't spam your power (which is exactly why they changed it: punishment for failing to use your power)

    @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1851154#Comment_1851154

    You noticed that i talk to 6 persons at the same time? No, ok then. My bad!

    Yes, actually your fault. No need to be snappy on him

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1851150#Comment_1851150

    Huntress is one of the few killers that is completely not depending on addons. Nurse cripple was caused by adjusting the basekit, everyone agreed that the addon change was necessary and good, on top of that it is mostly agreed that nurse is still the strongest killer in the game but less fun. Same counts for Billy, although the overheat mechanic is barely noticeable when you don't spam your power (which is exactly why they changed it: punishment for failing to use your power)

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1851157#Comment_1851157

    Yes, actually your fault. No need to be snappy on him

    40% kill rate on red ranks = still strong.

    MMhhhkay

  • @Tsulan said:

    I don't see iri huntress as a problem.

    First of all, those 2 addons are really expensive and rare.

    Second is, that killers using those addons are not really good at aiming.

    Sorry but the rare part is just false

    Huntress has 1 Iri addon. Every post lvl50 bloodweb has at the very least 1 iri slot. So between mori's and iri hatchet you have a iri hatchet every other bloodweb. At the bare minimun.

    Huntress also only has 3 purple addons. add the 3 offerings and you have a 1/3 chance to either get infantry belt or a ward to keep both addons. With purple rarity spawing 1-5 per bloodweb. you can also expect either infantry or a ward every other bloodweb. Not to mention there is also a yellow rarity addon that increases hatchets

    Play a farming doktor build inbetween your huntress games and you could very easilly run iri head every huntress game.

    How strong they are can be debated. Saying they are rare is just straight up mathematically incorrect 

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1850881#Comment_1850881

    Sorry but the rare part is just false

    Huntress has 1 Iri addon. Every post lvl50 bloodweb has at the very least 1 iri slot. So between mori's and iri hatchet you have a iri hatchet every other bloodweb. At the bare minimun.

    Huntress also only has 3 purple addons. add the 3 offerings and you have a 1/3 chance to either get infantry belt or a ward to keep both addons. With purple rarity spawing 1-5 per bloodweb. you can also expect either infantry or a ward every other bloodweb. Not to mention there is also a yellow rarity addon that increases hatchets

    Play a farming doktor build inbetween your huntress games and you could very easilly run iri head every huntress game.

    How strong they are can be debated. Saying they are rare is just straight up mathematically incorrect 

    Somewhere on page 2 i think, i did some math of requiring 2 to 5 bloodwebs to get both the iri head + the infantry belt.

    Thats to expensive for my personal taste, but if you want to spend 250k bloodpoints to have a short match, feel free to do so.

  • Iri head is dumb af and I can't wait til it's gone, an opinion which probably means I'll have to register as a survivor main. I'll sign my name in the book now and get it over with.

    I love going against huntress but there's always that sinking feeling when you realise she's not aiming a hatchet at you yet she's just getting nearer...and nearer...is she trying to give you a kiss on the back of your head or something? Oh God you can smell the borscht on her breath...

    And then she misses anyway because no-one with even the slightest competence with huntress runs iri head. But there's still two more beachballs to go 🔴🔴

  • Yeah, the numbers... you can read them like BHVR can with their "OoO is fine, no increased chance of escape" ignoring the fact that almost every killer facecamps the object to death as soon as he notices, throwing the game to get it.

    Nurse mains said they stopped playing nurse because it is not fun anymore with the basekit change. That's why current nurses are baby nurses and learning. Either they all give up as she is the hardest killer, or she will climp up to 80% within a year. You like betting, right? Shall we bet on that one too?

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1851179#Comment_1851179

    Somewhere on page 2 i think, i did some math of requiring 2 to 5 bloodwebs to get both the iri head + the infantry belt.

    Thats to expensive for my personal taste, but if you want to spend 250k bloodpoints to have a short match, feel free to do so.

    and I think you did the maths wrong. I can confirm @Sonzaishinai 's calculation. Looks same for me. If you run BBQ and streamers/puddings/gateaus (which I got 150 on my wraith during the 4th year event) you can theoretically start with one combo and get a new one every match

    And I just checked, you did not do maths at all, you just guessed the amount of bloodwebs. @Sonzaishinai did some maths

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1851177#Comment_1851177

    Yeah, the numbers... you can read them like BHVR can with their "OoO is fine, no increased chance of escape" ignoring the fact that almost every killer facecamps the object to death as soon as he notices, throwing the game to get it.

    Nurse mains said they stopped playing nurse because it is not fun anymore with the basekit change. That's why current nurses are baby nurses and learning. Either they all give up as she is the hardest killer, or she will climp up to 80% within a year. You like betting, right? Shall we bet on that one too?

    Kill rate on rank 1. Who starts to learn nurse on rank 1? Thats like learning to juggle with nitro. An unforgettable experience.

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1851183#Comment_1851183

    and I think you did the maths wrong. I can confirm @Sonzaishinai 's calculation. Looks same for me. If you run BBQ and streamers/puddings/gateaus (which I got 150 on my wraith during the 4th year event) you can theoretically start with one combo and get a new one every match

    And I just checked, you did not do maths at all, you just guessed the amount of bloodwebs. @Sonzaishinai did some maths

    Where was my math wrong? I said up to 5 webs, he said 280k bloodpoints? The webs are random af.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1851193#Comment_1851193

    Kill rate on rank 1. Who starts to learn nurse on rank 1? Thats like learning to juggle with nitro. An unforgettable experience.

    It's actually a 57% kill rate in RED RANKS not Rank 1.


    u3OCkHK.jpg

    It's a 40% kill rate across ALL RANKS which is pretty high considering the learning curve on her.

    SJvHJks.jpg

    and literally any average killer is red rank considering rank reset only sets you back to the final rank on the colour before you, so being red rank isn't exactly some incredible feat, the majority of killers learn new killers in red rank.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1851206#Comment_1851206

    It's actually a 57% kill rate in RED RANKS not Rank 1.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/RX74GQTZ5BTV/u3ockhk.jpg

    It's a 40% kill rate across ALL RANKS which is pretty high considering the learning curve on her.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/0A4JN0B8VFT7/sjvhjks.jpg

    and literally any average killer is red rank considering rank reset only sets you back to the final rank on the colour before you, so being red rank isn't exactly some incredible feat, the majority of killers learn new killers in red rank.

    I really would like to see how the mori nerf affected those stats.

    Because either moris were to strong and deserved the nerf. In that case the kill rate would drop significantly or mori had little to no impact. In that case, why nerf it?

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1851215#Comment_1851215

    I really would like to see how the mori nerf affected those stats.

    Because either moris were to strong and deserved the nerf. In that case the kill rate would drop significantly or mori had little to no impact. In that case, why nerf it?

    You keep moving and changing the subject when something doesn't fit your narrative, it's incredibly boring.

    Something doesn't have to have a huge impact on game numbers for it to be considered OP or mean it doesn't need changes, MandyTalks said 2% of escapes are due to keys, that's miniscule, yet it still needs changing.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1851217#Comment_1851217

    You keep moving and changing the subject when something doesn't fit your narrative, it's incredibly boring.

    Something doesn't have to have a huge impact on game numbers for it to be considered OP or mean it doesn't need changes, MandyTalks said 2% of escapes are due to keys, that's miniscule, yet it still needs changing.

    Feel free to ignore me when i bore you.

    As i said before, I wish you a lovely day!

  • Its always too early to celebrate but some will still do it even though we know nothing of what any of the actual changes to her add-ons will be.

    Once we do know we will probably have the usual post's that say its not enough, its stronger please revert it or its now a useless add-on and not worth the rarity.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1851089#Comment_1851089

    Old Prayer Beads also wasn't used too much, I remember facing it only once. It doesn't mean it wasn't problematic, because it still got changed anyway. Even if you faced it only once a year, it's still a gamebreaking add-on that should be changed.

    Well lets hope i´m wrong. If i´m right, we won´t see many huntress players once they nerf her addons.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1851193#Comment_1851193

    Kill rate on rank 1. Who starts to learn nurse on rank 1? Thats like learning to juggle with nitro. An unforgettable experience.

    How about reach rank 1 as killer is pretty easy and there are freaking 20+ killers that all need their time before you feel comfy with them? And that is exactly why they will add killer based MMR, so you don't run into 4 red ranks with your first nurse game anymore.

    I started nurse like a month before they announced the rework, which was about September 2019. I got the rank 1 killer achievement January 2019 and started DBD November 2017. Quite some time before I first touched nurse. You can't learn 20 killers in parallel

    Another of your assumptions that is simply wrong...

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1851217#Comment_1851217

    You keep moving and changing the subject when something doesn't fit your narrative, it's incredibly boring.

    Something doesn't have to have a huge impact on game numbers for it to be considered OP or mean it doesn't need changes, MandyTalks said 2% of escapes are due to keys, that's miniscule, yet it still needs changing.

    I noticed that as well... each point that clearly counters what he just said before is not referred to anymore, coming up with some new stuff that mostly just barely relates to the previous post.

    I don't know the "history" between you two but I think I share your POV

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1851200#Comment_1851200

    Where was my math wrong? I said up to 5 webs, he said 280k bloodpoints? The webs are random af.

    He said 2 bloodwebs, you said 2-5. You just gave that random-guess number, he gave examples with "how many ultra rares appear" "how many different ultra rares there are" etc, showing why you get at least one combo after 2 blood webs max.

  • Iri heads most definitely need to be changed. Most broken killer add on in the game.

  • I asked mclean on his stream weeks ago if iri hatchets will be gone too, he answered that will be changed to one shot ppl from x amount of distance

  • Also @Tsulan even if we see the addon rarely doesn't means that is fine, talking about game balance it definitely needs changes

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1850928#Comment_1850928

    You won´t be playing a large amount of matches with those addons. Why? Because you´ll need 2 or 3 bloodwebs (maybe even 4 or 5 if you are unlucky) to get those 2 addons. So thats 100k to 250k bloodpoints you spend just to get those addons.

    And no, i´m not a new player. I learned how to avoid those hatches.

    @Deadeye

    Maybe you should read again. I said 2 or 3 and added more IF you are unlucky.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1850937#Comment_1850937

    @Deadeye

    Maybe you should read again. I said 2 or 3 and added more IF you are unlucky.

    maybe YOU should read again. you just throw a random unfounded number, he gives examples that show that 2 bloodwebs should acutally be the average.

    not sure what you complain about here. I said your post is not maths but guessing and that 2 is way more precise and closer to what I see than 2-5

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1850937#Comment_1850937

    @Deadeye

    Maybe you should read again. I said 2 or 3 and added more IF you are unlucky.

    on top: you can also add an "IF you are lucky, you get 2 in one bloodweb with a surprise box" or something like that. it is about the average. and if 2 is the average, then it isn't 2-5. with 2-5 the average would be 3.5

    +1: you said "he said 280k bloodpoints" which he didn't say

  • @Tsulan said:

    I don't see iri huntress as a problem.

    First of all, those 2 addons are really expensive and rare.

    Second is, that killers using those addons are not really good at aiming.

    Lol, wishful thinking. In my experience that often isn’t the case. There are plenty of Huntresses that know how to aim and will use iri heads if they have any available to them.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1850931#Comment_1850931

    That’s just your assumption though. With that attitude every single complaint ever could be swept away.

    But i have seen many people giving negative feedback on Iri head even from the killer perspective. It’s not only people that don’t like to loose.

    it's a fact that this board doesn't constitute over 60,000 players from steam, plus the platforms for ps4, xbox one, ps5, xbox series x, switch..... does not come close to it. streamers? doesn't come close to that number even when making the assumption that no one on this forum is anyone of the steam players (I'm one of the steam players). sure there are people that don't like it that don't care if they win or loose but you know something? it's fine by me if someone plays that add on, plays noed, or any other crapy perk people call toxic etc. you know what? I still play the game, and I don't demand it change unless the devs see the change. I also went over what I believe all the possible options are. just because you know a few people that don't like it and read a great many posts about it here doesn't mean everyone or even more than 1/2 the user base thinks it is toxic or should go away.... I personally only hope the devs think their changes through like they did with freddy and doc and unlike their billy rework that's all I hope.

1 2 3