Celebrating too soon?

I feel like between youtube, twitch comments, the forums, and other social media, people are celebrating about Iri Head being removed from Huntress. Why? The developers said she was getting an add-on pass which does not mean they're getting rid of Iri Head. Especially if the add-on performs how they expected or similarly, it's staying how it is. Not to mention it's going to be a while before her add-on pass even happens. Clown hasn't even gotten his rework and Demogorgon is said to be next on the list after Clown. Earliest we'll see anything for Huntress is July (and let's face it, it'll probably be October/next January). I just find it confusing why people are celebrating over something that we really don't know if it's going to happen. I get combo'd with Infantry Belt, iri head is more powerful. Chances are if they change anything about Iri Head, they'll take away it's ability to stack.

Note: 9 other killers have instadowns in some way that are not personal perks.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @ChurchofPig said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1850961#Comment_1850961

    I think the point of showing that is that not every iri head game ends in a 4k like some people exaggerate it to sound like.

    their point in this was to be tongue in cheek sarcasm by taking the fact that the devs have said they see the average game being 2 people escape but what that doesn't say is how many matches which is probably 10's of thousands that was used to find the average. they were not being anything close to nice or to even show that it's not always a 4k, though that last is shown inadvertently.

  • @Deadeye said:

    "performs how they expected" - also

    @ChurchofPig well, what is your experience? I would say 50% DC games, 40% selfkill on first hook and the other 10% mostly end up in a regular 4k (except hatch maybe). And so far, the most addons that were complained about got changed. Like omega blink nurse insta chainsaws, Forever Freddy, yoink spirit. All those "builds" that have names got changed.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1850931#Comment_1850931

    that sounds a bit too easy. I myself say that people shouldn't DC and kill themselves against iri heads because it feels great when you escape against it. But it is not just that people don't like to lose. At least not in this case. It is that the game is starting and you know it is a 95% loss, which highly kills motivation. And what do you mean with "minority"? Accepted that the forum does not necessarily reflect the entire player base. But I can't remember when I saw a gg last time against iri heads. The common chat repsonse is a bit more harsh.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1850972#Comment_1850972

    I don't agree with higher movement speed being necessary to "compensate" for anything. That would remove the common punishment for failing to use your power. A good huntress can down 2 survivors with 5 hatchets, no need to give her the speedboost on top.

    my experience is 1-2 people SOH intentionally/DC in my matches ON AVERAGE and that's being generous. minority? that means less than the majority of players period end of statement. what do i mean by the VOCAL minority? that means that a small sub group of the players are VERY vocal about something they like or don't like and they are seen to be the majority of (or over 1/2 of) the players that play the game exactly as I said. sometimes when you look for deeper meanings to something you loose the normal everyday context of what others say. isn't the axim "If you go looking for a conspiracy, you end up making your own conspiracy" or something like that?

  • @Freki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1850952#Comment_1850952

    it's a fact that this board doesn't constitute over 60,000 players from steam, plus the platforms for ps4, xbox one, ps5, xbox series x, switch..... does not come close to it. streamers? doesn't come close to that number even when making the assumption that no one on this forum is anyone of the steam players (I'm one of the steam players). sure there are people that don't like it that don't care if they win or loose but you know something? it's fine by me if someone plays that add on, plays noed, or any other crapy perk people call toxic etc. you know what? I still play the game, and I don't demand it change unless the devs see the change. I also went over what I believe all the possible options are. just because you know a few people that don't like it and read a great many posts about it here doesn't mean everyone or even more than 1/2 the user base thinks it is toxic or should go away.... I personally only hope the devs think their changes through like they did with freddy and doc and unlike their billy rework that's all I hope.

    its also a fact that constructive criticism can be valid even if not expressed by every single person that plays the game. And with Iri Heads the feedback seems to be negative for many different people, be it on different platforms or people I talk to outside of the forums, independent of skill, main or anything.

    only because you think it’s okay the way it is doesn’t mean the devs think the same as well. They are not pressured by a vocal minority to change it, otherwise they would also have to change OoO instead of saying they don’t touch it because statistics say it’s okay. In fact a dev already said the addon should have been changed a while ago, and we don’t know why it’s not been done.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1851385#Comment_1851385

    its also a fact that constructive criticism can be valid even if not expressed by every single person that plays the game. And with Iri Heads the feedback seems to be negative for many different people, be it on different platforms or people I talk to outside of the forums, independent of skill, main or anything.

    only because you think it’s okay the way it is doesn’t mean the devs think the same as well. They are not pressured by a vocal minority to change it, otherwise they would also have to change OoO instead of saying they don’t touch it because statistics say it’s okay. In fact a dev already said the addon should have been changed a while ago, and we don’t know why it’s not been done.

    where did I say I was opposed to it being changed? on the contrary I am fine with it being changed, but I believe people are saying it's going away because they heard that huntress is about to get an add-on pass review, thinking that they will be 100% be changed no matter what as what happened in the freddy, nurse, billy and bubba rework. I never said the devs were pressured by the vocal minority, but I will say THEY ARE pressured because of several changes in the recent past that were done... and some where they looked at what had been done and reverted it. sheesh just stop trying to find fault with what I said, accept that they MIGHT NOT remove iri head from the game what so ever! I'll be laughing my arse off if that happens and laughing at everyone in this thread that is expecting to see them gone and they aren't.

    And the devs have shown their bias to survivors vs killers in their recent changes where very little affects the survivors unless it's to buff them, however I also acknowledge that they had been killer biased previous to this period of survivor bias, so that object isn't changed or removed is not a surprise. changing moris while holding on to or not doing key changes..... i mean when mori's originally received the requirement to have hooked the survivor once, they placated the killers about that by saying key changes are coming soon and that was over 2.25 years ago if not longer and keys never got changed then, now I don't expect keys to be changed. so again this is showing a bias towards survivors along with other things thus no change to object at all.

  • @Freki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1851106#Comment_1851106

    my experience is 1-2 people SOH intentionally/DC in my matches ON AVERAGE and that's being generous. minority? that means less than the majority of players period end of statement. what do i mean by the VOCAL minority? that means that a small sub group of the players are VERY vocal about something they like or don't like and they are seen to be the majority of (or over 1/2 of) the players that play the game exactly as I said. sometimes when you look for deeper meanings to something you loose the normal everyday context of what others say. isn't the axim "If you go looking for a conspiracy, you end up making your own conspiracy" or something like that?

    I wasn't actually asking what it means, I was wondering how you can call it a minority. What you say still doesn't counter what I said about chat response. If we talk about vocal or not, I can still say that I can't remember the last gg in chat, like 10% stays silent and 90% flame like no tomorrow when this combo is used (let it be 20-80). So even if the silent ones all don't mind the addon, it is still the majority of people having a problem with it.

    This is just a reflection of what I notice in almost every iri head game. And it gets confirmed by the forum day after day. Right now I see 2 people here that defend iri head in two different threads, the rest is against it. I'm not looking for conspiracies, the feedback is just hard to ignore

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1851402#Comment_1851402

    I wasn't actually asking what it means, I was wondering how you can call it a minority. What you say still doesn't counter what I said about chat response. If we talk about vocal or not, I can still say that I can't remember the last gg in chat, like 10% stays silent and 90% flame like no tomorrow when this combo is used (let it be 20-80). So even if the silent ones all don't mind the addon, it is still the majority of people having a problem with it. I'm not looking for conspiracies, this is just a reflection of what I notice in almost every iri head game. And it gets confirmed by the forum day after day. Right now I see 2 people here that defend iri head in two different threads, the rest is against it

    are you saying that over 40K people are saying this? where is your verified data that this is the case? i am assigning the number of 60K that i know is a conservative estimate for the number of steam players and 20K for all other platforms which is also very conservative. so that's 80K players so you have seen verified data that more than 40,000 players have stated this? please show your proof, till then i will assume that you have talked to less than that and that means you have talked to a minority of the players. show your data, show your numbers or you are not able to claim you talked to a majority. Oh also it can't be just made up numbers you have to have the ability to say you have spoken to a minimum of 1 player more than the actual 1/2 amount between all players of all platforms.

  • @Freki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1851433#Comment_1851433

    are you saying that over 40K people are saying this? where is your verified data that this is the case? i am assigning the number of 60K that i know is a conservative estimate for the number of steam players and 20K for all other platforms which is also very conservative. so that's 80K players so you have seen verified data that more than 40,000 players have stated this? please show your proof, till then i will assume that you have talked to less than that and that means you have talked to a minority of the players. show your data, show your numbers or you are not able to claim you talked to a majority. Oh also it can't be just made up numbers you have to have the ability to say you have spoken to a minimum of 1 player more than the actual 1/2 amount between all players of all platforms.

    Ok this is ridiculous. You will never be able to ask everyone, that is why you pick a representative sample for an extrapolation. That should be common sense. I was thinking you mean with "vocal minority" that actually people are more likely to speak out lout when they want to complain, compared to people that are fine with the addons. That's why I argued with game chat feedback.

    To the statistics thing, I saw NO sample at all, where the positive or "idc" feedback is stronger than the negative response, or even gets close to it. And having several platforms with major negative feedback is at least a bigger hint for "that addon is a problem". And I think feedback on forum, streams/stream chat and ingame chat is actually a sample that is indeed big enough to allow a representative extrapolation.

    Btw, are you saying that this addon is not a problem for the majority of players? Just curious.

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1851444#Comment_1851444

    Ok this is ridiculous. You will never be able to ask everyone, that is why you pick a representative sample for an extrapolation. That should be common sense. I was thinking you mean with "vocal minority" that actually people are more likely to speak out lout when they want to complain, compared to people that are fine with the addons. That's why I argued with game chat feedback.

    To the statistics thing, I saw NO sample at all, where the positive or "idc" feedback is stronger than the negative response, or even gets close to it. And having several platforms with major negative feedback is at least a bigger hint for "that addon is a problem". And I think feedback on forum, streams/stream chat and ingame chat is actually a sample that is indeed big enough to allow a representative extrapolation.

    Btw, are you saying that this addon is not a problem for the majority of players? Just curious.

    you can not say that talking to 100-500 people shows the will of 40+ thousand or more. please understand that the sample size must also be representative of the over all group. you have yet to convince me there are more than 500 people wanting this. I have not said anything about the add-on where it is concerned by a majority of players. I do not have that data, I spoke of my personal feelings about the add-on, you are the one trying to say they know the will of the majority of players.

  • @TheRockstarKnight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1850979#Comment_1850979

    I think the odds of them pulling another Object of Obsession and deciding Iridescent Heads are totally fine and leaving them unchanged are really low to nonexistent.

    If they listen to Ranks 20 Survivors they'll change them. If they listen to people on the forums they'll change them. If they listen to their Fog Whispers they'll change them. If they play games against and with them they'll change them.

    The only way they don't change them is if somehow the statistics make it look like they're fine AND BHVR hasn't learned from the OoO debacle that statistically balanced =/= fun for their players.

    And I find it especially unlikely though because McLean has said before that Iri Heads live on borrowed time.

    Yea, it's been a year or two since, but nothing has really changed for Huntress or Iridescent Heads in the interim.

    I suppose it IS technically possible, but I don't think it's likely at all.

    If you're Rank 20 you're probably not facing iri head unless you're swf with people of higher ranks.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1851017#Comment_1851017

    They could have been working on huntress addons for 2+ months while only working on keys for 1+ month, it would be incredibly ridiculous for keys to be changed first if that was the case, do you not think?

    But keys don't need reworked as I don't plan on using them /s

    I do want to say though that they announced changes to keys prior to the Huntress add-on pass. I don't mean within that one Q&A, it was mentioned a Q&A prior to that (In October I think is when they originally mentioned keys, maybe a little earlier)

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1851075#Comment_1851075

    Problematic would be, IF survivors would face several times per day a iri huntress. But right now its very rare to see killers use this addon combo. Like the last time i faced a iri huntress was in September. Of course, thats highly subjective as others could face them more often.

    But i don´t think people will see many more iri huntresses UNLESS the devs announce that they will nerf them in the next few weeks. THEN killers would use them up.

    Last time I faced an iri head Huntress was in like June. I don't face them often.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1851091#Comment_1851091

    Hatch is fine, I would bet more killers enjoy hatch than dislike it (controversial, I know) but nothing is more enjoyable to me than stomping a team and giving the best surv an extra 7K points for giving me the run around and playing well.

    The reason hatch is mostly hated is keys, but if they're more balanced to not do as much around hatch then it's fine as is. You're saying remove hatch without even know what the rework is.

    I'm fine with the hatch mechanic, like you said the keys are why killers hate it.

  • @Deadeye said:

    "performs how they expected" - also

    @ChurchofPig well, what is your experience? I would say 50% DC games, 40% selfkill on first hook and the other 10% mostly end up in a regular 4k (except hatch maybe). And so far, the most addons that were complained about got changed. Like omega blink nurse insta chainsaws, Forever Freddy, yoink spirit. All those "builds" that have names got changed.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1850931#Comment_1850931

    that sounds a bit too easy. I myself say that people shouldn't DC and kill themselves against iri heads because it feels great when you escape against it. But it is not just that people don't like to lose. At least not in this case. It is that the game is starting and you know it is a 95% loss, which highly kills motivation. And what do you mean with "minority"? Accepted that the forum does not necessarily reflect the entire player base. But I can't remember when I saw a gg last time against iri heads. The common chat repsonse is a bit more harsh.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1850972#Comment_1850972

    I don't agree with higher movement speed being necessary to "compensate" for anything. That would remove the common punishment for failing to use your power. A good huntress can down 2 survivors with 5 hatchets, no need to give her the speedboost on top.

    I both play Huntress (rarely with the add-on combo but it happens) and have gone against it. I've only seen 1 person dc, most of the survivors I go up against are stubborn and want to beat me seeing my add-ons, and although I do end up with 4ks with the add-ons, it's not every game. It's usually a 2-3k, but that's how I usually perform as Huntress.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1850955#Comment_1850955

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/PRVP743EANOA/image.png

    Wow IrI head is completely underpowered and should be buffed because someone DCed using it after having missed 2 hatchets (and sitll having 1 to spare) /s

    One single screenshot of a game proves nothing.

    That screenshot just shows that she probably crashed at the start since 5k points is basically escape points, so it's not like you guys were giving her a good chase or something

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1851124#Comment_1851124

    That screenshot just shows that she probably crashed at the start since 5k points is basically escape points, so it's not like you guys were giving her a good chase or something

    She dced after missing 2 hatchets. I know this because she said, in endgame chat, "######### bullshit game, those hatchets should've hit". Literally, she missed 2 shots on me and DCed.

    You have also managed to miss the entire point of my comment. Congratulations.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1851811#Comment_1851811

    She dced after missing 2 hatchets. I know this because she said, in endgame chat, "######### bullshit game, those hatchets should've hit". Literally, she missed 2 shots on me and DCed.

    You have also managed to miss the entire point of my comment. Congratulations.

    From what I saw from your comment, you shared a screenshot to say screenshots don't prove anything, since results can vary from person to person. Fair.

    And I commented on the scoreboard of your screenshot, and gave a valid reason on how that screenshot is not the norm.

  • @Freki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1851639#Comment_1851639

    you can not say that talking to 100-500 people shows the will of 40+ thousand or more. please understand that the sample size must also be representative of the over all group. you have yet to convince me there are more than 500 people wanting this. I have not said anything about the add-on where it is concerned by a majority of players. I do not have that data, I spoke of my personal feelings about the add-on, you are the one trying to say they know the will of the majority of players.

    First site I found:

    One of the most common questions I get asked by people doing surveys in international development is “how big should my sample size be?”. While there are many sample size calculators and statistical guides available, those who never did statistics at university (or have forgotten it all) may find them intimidating or difficult to use.

    It says: "minimum sample size is 100" and "A good maximum sample size is usually around 10% of the population, as long as this does not exceed 1000. For example, in a population of 5000, 10% would be 500. In a population of 200,000, 10% would be 20,000. This exceeds 1000, so in this case the maximum would be 1000"

    Next is a site with several examples on how to chose sample size and very detailed maths for specific cases. One snippet is below, that calculates for a given example.

    What is the minimum sample size needed to otain a confidence interval to a desired margin of error?

    Example 7: You expect that customers will choose coffee, tea, bottled water, and Snapple in the proportions of 65%, 15%, 15%, 5%. How large a random sample must you take to test this model?

    Solution: Take the least likely category and divide 5 by that percentage:

    n = 5 / 5% = 5 / 0.05 = 100.

    Answer: You need a random sample of at least 100 to test this model. (As always, the minimum sample will give a significant result only if the null hypothesis is extremely wrong. If the model is only moderately wrong, a larger sample will probably be needed to reveal that.)

    Summary

    when there are elections, what exactly to you think happens when they do the election poll to estimate where the parties are at the moment? Ask everyone? Millions?

    EDIT: I'm just wondering if you say that the forum feedback is useless, as it will never reach your required minimum of 40k responses to a topic. Like the devs should actually not give a F about what is written here, as it will always be a meaningless minority. I'm really struggling to take you serious with your expectations.

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1851674#Comment_1851674

    First site I found:

    http://www.tools4dev.org/resources/how-to-choose-a-sample-size/

    It says: "minimum sample size is 100" and "A good maximum sample size is usually around 10% of the population, as long as this does not exceed 1000. For example, in a population of 5000, 10% would be 500. In a population of 200,000, 10% would be 20,000. This exceeds 1000, so in this case the maximum would be 1000"

    Next is a site with several examples on how to chose sample size and very detailed maths for specific cases. One snippet is below, that calculates for a given example.

    https://brownmath.com/stat/sampsiz.htm

    Example 7: You expect that customers will choose coffee, tea, bottled water, and Snapple in the proportions of 65%, 15%, 15%, 5%. How large a random sample must you take to test this model?

    Solution: Take the least likely category and divide 5 by that percentage:

    n = 5 / 5% = 5 / 0.05 = 100.

    Answer: You need a random sample of at least 100 to test this model. (As always, the minimum sample will give a significant result only if the null hypothesis is extremely wrong. If the model is only moderately wrong, a larger sample will probably be needed to reveal that.)

    Summary

    when there are elections, what exactly to you think happens when they do the election poll to estimate where the parties are at the moment? Ask everyone? Millions?

    EDIT: I'm just wondering if you say that the forum feedback is useless, as it will never reach your required minimum of 40k responses to a topic. Like the devs should actually not give a F about what is written here, as it will always be a meaningless minority. I'm really struggling to take you serious with your expectations.

    some effort on your part sure... sure a small sample can easily skew your results. you are looking at the sample size, and here you even fall down, you're looking at about 80K over all users, 5% of that is (80,000*.01=800 now *5 =4000) so your 100 people are cherry picked and not random sampled so you skew your results. what you described is RANDOM SAMPLING, and I never said the forum was not something that is useless, but you and I both do not have the information that is gathered that the devs do. your rantings here are just that rantings, i have not seen anything constructive in your responses and without that anything you propose is disregarded due to specific bias. but ah well. good work to look up the information on this, but you can't cherry pick your sample and say it is representative.

  • @Freki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1853253#Comment_1853253

    some effort on your part sure... sure a small sample can easily skew your results. you are looking at the sample size, and here you even fall down, you're looking at about 80K over all users, 5% of that is (80,000*.01=800 now *5 =4000) so your 100 people are cherry picked and not random sampled so you skew your results. what you described is RANDOM SAMPLING, and I never said the forum was not something that is useless, but you and I both do not have the information that is gathered that the devs do. your rantings here are just that rantings, i have not seen anything constructive in your responses and without that anything you propose is disregarded due to specific bias. but ah well. good work to look up the information on this, but you can't cherry pick your sample and say it is representative.

    XD cherry picking. bias. ranting

    ok, you go your way, I go mine. bye

1 2 3 ›