"Just do gens if the killer is facecamping"

Ok, but what if I'm the one on the hook? "Just struggle", yea, but I will still depip and only get very few bloodpoints. So how is that a strategy for me whatsoever? I feel like people who give that kind of advice aren't the ones sitting on the hook with a killer looking at them. It's easy to say "just do gens" or "waste the killers time" when you can actually play the game.

I shouldn't depip because I killer decided to stare at me on the hook and make me die on my first. The killer is still getting more BP for facecamping than I am for hanging on there for whatever how long.

Comments

  • @Hex_Salt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/216540/just-do-gens-if-the-killer-is-facecamping

    Its rubbish I know , its why I run kindred in most builds to punish the campers. Only consolation i get is the killer getting 1 kill (me) in exchange for losing the game. But your right depipping because of a camper isn't nice

    I always run kindred on all my builds, and you'd be surprised (or probably not) how many still dont do gens and just crouch near the hook just looking at the killer facecamping me.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1846769#Comment_1846769

    Why should I care if my team wins or loses when I'm not even able to play myself? Their win is not my win, I get nothing for it.

    Exactly. Survivor is SUPPOSED to be a team effort, but you only get rewarded for your own performance, and survivors have to compete against each other for points. They should have picked one or the other, but not both. If they want to stick with both, then players should be rewarded primarily for the the am effort, and not the solo effort. Personally, a safety should automatically be awarded if your team escapes, even if you die, because you wasting a face-camping killer's time likely benefitted your team, and enabled their escape. Either that, or if a killer face-camps you for a set amount of time, you should be given an automatic safety.

  • No. You de pip cause you got caught.

    Also, survivors need to stop telling killers how they should play a game. We can't moan that killers spoil our fun, when we revel in spoiling the killers fun.


    Take your loss, grow up, and move on. It's only a game.

  • @DangerScouse said:

    No. You de pip cause you got caught.

    Also, survivors need to stop telling killers how they should play a game. We can't moan that killers spoil our fun, when we revel in spoiling the killers fun.

    Take your loss, grow up, and move on. It's only a game.

    Quite rich of you to tell someone to grow up when you didnt even read the thread.

    If you took at least more than 2 seconds to read it, instead of thinking it was directed at killers and not at team mates expecting you to stay on the hook, you'd give a more intelligent comment.

  • @LittilAvindar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1846773#Comment_1846773

    Exactly. Survivor is SUPPOSED to be a team effort, but you only get rewarded for your own performance, and survivors have to compete against each other for points. They should have picked one or the other, but not both. If they want to stick with both, then players should be rewarded primarily for the the am effort, and not the solo effort. Personally, a safety should automatically be awarded if your team escapes, even if you die, because you wasting a face-camping killer's time likely benefitted your team, and enabled their escape. Either that, or if a killer face-camps you for a set amount of time, you should be given an automatic safety.

    This is exactly what I've been saying. If we get points for obsession dying/escaping, we should get points for other team mates escaping. Why should I struggle on hook to get only 300 BP when I can go to the next one and get way more for just doing a totem.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1907556#Comment_1907556

    This is exactly what I've been saying. If we get points for obsession dying/escaping, we should get points for other team mates escaping. Why should I struggle on hook to get only 300 BP when I can go to the next one and get way more for just doing a totem.

    Right. They can't ask you to think of the team, when thinking of the team literally does nothing for you, especially when the killer is just going to run over and hook-camp the next survivor, before NOED slugging the rest, if they manage to pop the last gen. That's not me knocking the team, it's just the honest truth of the matter.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1907520#Comment_1907520

    I always run kindred on all my builds, and you'd be surprised (or probably not) how many still dont do gens and just crouch near the hook just looking at the killer facecamping me.

    I'm not surprised tbh and its worse with insta down killers especially cannibals who feed off this playstyle. Its such inoptimal play as well

  • @DangerScouse said:

    No. You de pip cause you got caught.

    Also, survivors need to stop telling killers how they should play a game. We can't moan that killers spoil our fun, when we revel in spoiling the killers fun.

    Take your loss, grow up, and move on. It's only a game.

    It literally takes no skill whatsoever to camp a player to death on one hook and this is coming from a killer main. Plus its not the point OP was making. I detest camping which is why although de pip annoys me it gives me great pleasure knowing the killer is wasting his time since I have kindred (assuming the other survivors play efficiency of course)

  • @Hex_Salt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1907558#Comment_1907558

    It literally takes no skill whatsoever to camp a player to death on one hook and this is coming from a killer main. Plus its not the point OP was making. I detest camping which is why although de pip annoys me it gives me great pleasure knowing the killer is wasting his time since I have kindred (assuming the other survivors play efficiency of course)

    What does the skill level of camping have to do with the validity of someone to do it. Nothing.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1907558#Comment_1907558

    Quite rich of you to tell someone to grow up when you didnt even read the thread.

    If you took at least more than 2 seconds to read it, instead of thinking it was directed at killers and not at team mates expecting you to stay on the hook, you'd give a more intelligent comment.

    I did read the thread. My answer stands.

  • @DangerScouse said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1907611#Comment_1907611

    What does the skill level of camping have to do with the validity of someone to do it. Nothing.

    I Think actually it does, new players do it because they don't know better or think its an effective tactic, toxic players do it for toxic purposes or else players who really want a kill do it (often late game especially egc). We can agree to disagree but I think a players skill level does come in to it

  • @Zylance said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1846794#Comment_1846794

    You basically want the killer to play how you want. Doesn't matter how you formulate it.

    I play this game too much, camping isn't anywhere near that big of a problem. Is it boring, yes.. I agree. But you want the killers to change their playstyle into something more convenient for you, that's all I'm stating, and that's all😁

    Yet killers will complain and complain about DS and unbreakable. They're just playing the way they want. :D

  • @Orionbash said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1846838#Comment_1846838

    Yet killers will complain and complain about DS and unbreakable. They're just playing the way they want. :D

    And kilers need to suck it up too. DS and unbreakable are tools the survivors have been given. Can't have a go at them for using them.

  • @Hex_Salt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1907655#Comment_1907655

    I Think actually it does, new players do it because they don't know better or think its an effective tactic, toxic players do it for toxic purposes or else players who really want a kill do it (often late game especially egc). We can agree to disagree but I think a players skill level does come in to it

    Or.. killers do it because it is an easy down

  • Your answer shows you didnt. This isnt a killer bad survivor good thread like your answer implied. Read again.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1907660#Comment_1907660

    Your answer shows you didnt. This isnt a killer bad survivor good thread like your answer implied. Read again.

    The thread was "why should I be penalised for camping". My answer was you're penalised for getting caught. End of.

  • @Marigoria said:

    Ok, but what if I'm the one on the hook? "Just struggle", yea, but I will still depip and only get very few bloodpoints. So how is that a strategy for me whatsoever? I feel like people who give that kind of advice aren't the ones sitting on the hook with a killer looking at them. It's easy to say "just do gens" or "waste the killers time" when you can actually play the game.

    I shouldn't depip because I killer decided to stare at me on the hook and make me die on my first. The killer is still getting more BP for facecamping than I am for hanging on there for whatever how long.

    If i get facecamped on my 1st or 2nd I will keep struggling.

    I will depip anyway whether I let go or hang on.

    Do I love getting facecamped?

    Nope not 1 bit, but i see it as a team game and I will do whatever I can to get my team out, even if I'm the one not escaping and the rest is.

    The way I see it is that for the killer it is harder to pip than survivor, I'll pip in the next match but he probably won't with that playstyle.

    So if I'm on the hook and getting facecamped than I expect the rest to just do the gens asap.

    Did they do the gens and I'm still on the hook than sure, I don't mind if they try but most likely they run noed anyway so if they escape I'm fine with that.

  • @DangerScouse said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1907662#Comment_1907662

    Or.. killers do it because it is an easy kill. Survivors telling killers "you must work harder for your kill because I say so" is a bit of a nonsense really.

    I suppose then it comes down to what the killer wants out the game. At red ranks (usually) being face camped on hook + kindred = 1 kill (2 at most) for the killer because the other survivors rushed gens. Killer won't pip due to proximity plus he did nothing else all game because he was busy camping me. If the killer wants ' a kill yeah it will work mostly but I agree with you as well, negative comments from survivors can get to you. It is nonsense. If the other 3 survivors are efficient the gens will fly while I'm on hook.

  • @DangerScouse said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1907673#Comment_1907673

    The thread was "why should I be penalised for camping". My answer was you're penalised for getting caught. End of.

    Actually the thread was why should I not suicide on hook if my team mates are being useless? I'm not staying on hook just so others can do gens and maybe escape.

    Again, read the thread. I'm tired of saying the same thing over and over again because people refuse to use their brain and reading comprehension

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1907687#Comment_1907687

    Actually the thread was why should I not suicide on hook if my team mates are being useless? I'm not staying on hook just so others can do gens and maybe escape.

    Again, read the thread. I'm tired of saying the same thing over and over again because people refuse to use their brain and reading comprehension

    I know what you said. What about my answer don't you get? Do you want me to tell you not to give up on the hook? No. Do what you like.

  • @DangerScouse said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1907693#Comment_1907693

    I know what you said. What about my answer don't you get? Do you want me to tell you not to give up on the hook? No. Do what you like.

    Are you a team mate that feels like theyre entitled to me to stay on hook so they can do gens? No? Then this thread isnt for you. Your nonsense answers aren't adding anything of value.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1907687#Comment_1907687

    Actually the thread was why should I not suicide on hook if my team mates are being useless? I'm not staying on hook just so others can do gens and maybe escape.

    Again, read the thread. I'm tired of saying the same thing over and over again because people refuse to use their brain and reading comprehension

    I get your point entirely, we do it tk punish the camping killer but your right all you get is a de pip and a few 'struggle points not even worth speaking of. To answer your question I'm not sure how to fix this, I know you get emblem points for being in chase while gens are done but do you get them while hooked? If not implement this to make black pipping more likely or increase emblem gain if this exists so maybe you get more? Still depends on other survivors doing gens though.

  • @Hex_Salt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1907671#Comment_1907671

    I suppose then it comes down to what the killer wants out the game. At red ranks (usually) being face camped on hook + kindred = 1 kill (2 at most) for the killer because the other survivors rushed gens. Killer won't pip due to proximity plus he did nothing else all game because he was busy camping me. If the killer wants ' a kill yeah it will work mostly but I agree with you as well, negative comments from survivors can get to you. It is nonsense. If the other 3 survivors are efficient the gens will fly while I'm on hook.

    I think you hit the nail on the head and made some excellent points. Killers want kills.

    Nobody really cares about pips. Red rank.. wohooo, nobody cares. Bloodpoints are a dime a dozen.

    Fun for killers is getting kills. Right or wrong that's it.

  • @Hex_Salt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1907693#Comment_1907693

    I get your point entirely, we do it tk punish the camping killer but your right all you get is a de pip and a few 'struggle points not even worth speaking of. To answer your question I'm not sure how to fix this, I know you get emblem points for being in chase while gens are done but do you get them while hooked? If not implement this to make black pipping more likely or increase emblem gain if this exists so maybe you get more? Still depends on other survivors doing gens though.

    You do not get them while on hook. You only get the 300 BP, that isnt even enough for a crappy brown fog offering,

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1907695#Comment_1907695

    Are you a team mate that feels like theyre entitled to me to stay on hook so they can do gens? No? Then this thread isnt for you. Your nonsense answers aren't adding anything of value.

    Or you can just keep being rude because you don't like my answers.


    I have had many a teammate give up on the hook, or dc, for all reasons including being camped. Do I care, or hold it against them. No. So again, my answer. Chill and do what you like.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1907699#Comment_1907699

    You do not get them while on hook. You only get the 300 BP, that isnt even enough for a crappy brown fog offering,

    It would be an idea then. Reduce chance of depip. But I suppose it depends what you want I think this would be a good idea regardless but if you don't care about rank then I'm not sure. They could increase BP but again would ot be worth it for that alone? Personally I do it to punish the camping killer and thats enough but ots frustrating when no gens get done or survivors become stupidly altruistic and try and rescue without bt and we both get downed

  • Also. If I may offer a comment without being insulted....

    I see a lot of comment about struggling on the hook, ir running Kindred to "punish" the killer.

    I have news. It doesn't. The camping killer doesn't care if you know he's camping. He knows he's not getting 4k. He wants an easy kill. And they don't care if you struggle fully or give up.

  • @DangerScouse said:

    Also. If I may offer a comment without being insulted....

    I see a lot of comment about struggling on the hook, ir running Kindred to "punish" the killer.

    I have news. It doesn't. The camping killer doesn't care if you know he's camping. He knows he's not getting 4k. He wants an easy kill. And they don't care if you struggle fully or give up.

    Only thing to add is struggling on the hook makes you have to camp longer, so if a survivor kills themselves then gives the killer more time to find other survivors (and other survibors to do objective) but you're right if the mindset is ' I want a kill' then thats what will happen.

  • @Hex_Salt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1907735#Comment_1907735

    Only thing to add is struggling on the hook makes you have to camp longer, so if a survivor kills themselves then gives the killer more time to find other survivors (and other survibors to do objective) but you're right if the mindset is ' I want a kill' then thats what will happen.

    Exactly. Struggling on the hook "occupies" the camping killer. It makes it less likely he has the time to catch the others.

    So in that regard I suppose it does punish. But if the killer is happy and content with his kill.. is it really a punishment?

  • @Hex_Salt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1907703#Comment_1907703

    It would be an idea then. Reduce chance of depip. But I suppose it depends what you want I think this would be a good idea regardless but if you don't care about rank then I'm not sure. They could increase BP but again would ot be worth it for that alone? Personally I do it to punish the camping killer and thats enough but ots frustrating when no gens get done or survivors become stupidly altruistic and try and rescue without bt and we both get downed

    I think they should increase struggling to at least like 3k bp or something. Way less suicides on hook as well.

  • Just play better 4head

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1907660#Comment_1907660

    Your answer shows you didnt. This isnt a killer bad survivor good thread like your answer implied. Read again.

    And Look. I understand your frustration. But you gotta take it on the chin and move on to the next game.

  • @xXCAM3R0NXx said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1846766#Comment_1846766

    Everyone eventually makes mistakes during a chase, and eventually you get caught..unless the killer is insanely new and or bad, but if we're on about any sort of experienced killer then that is unlikely.

    When you get face camped, do you blame yourself for not running fast enough? Or do you blame the killer and say he's 'mad' or say he's 'trash'

    It's easy to say 'just get better' but when you're put in situation it's a diff opinion.

    Am I happy about it? No. Nobody is. But I just move onto the next game. If someone can grab me then great, but otherwise I spend that time looking at what I did wrong and try to improve on it next game. Half the problem is exactly what you mentioned. People get mad at the killer instead of realizing that it was also their mistakes that got them caught. Also, if an experienced killer is camping then how experienced are they really?

  • No one’s forcing you to stay in the game if you don’t want to do it then don’t struggle. Goo to the next match it’s your choice on wether you help out your team or not.

  • @Crazewtboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1903830#Comment_1903830

    Am I happy about it? No. Nobody is. But I just move onto the next game. If someone can grab me then great, but otherwise I spend that time looking at what I did wrong and try to improve on it next game. Half the problem is exactly what you mentioned. People get mad at the killer instead of realizing that it was also their mistakes that got them caught. Also, if an experienced killer is camping then how experienced are they really?

    People who camp do it because they want to, they dont care about pips/bloodpoints.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1928502#Comment_1928502

    People who camp do it because they want to, they dont care about pips/bloodpoints.

    Obviously. But how often do you really see a experienced killer facecamp? It isn't a frequent thing.

  • @Crazewtboy said:

    There is a easy solution to this issue. Don't get caught. Improve your running skills so it isn't you sitting on the hook.

    ?????????????????????????????

    Is someone using hack in an game, ez just win

    and in the same way, someone is still going to be facecamped so the problem will still remain

  • You'll probably just get called some entitled survivor main after this because, y'know, killers just throw the word entitled around like its a child's ball.

  • @Breque said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1846766#Comment_1846766

    ?????????????????????????????

    Is someone using hack in an game, ez just win

    and in the same way, someone is still going to be facecamped so the problem will still remain

    Comparing hacking to camping of any sort is stretching super hard there bud. Someone will still be facecamped? Cool, so if it isn't you then do gens so you can live. Otherwise take a loss and just go to the next game. If it is you, evaluate what you did wrong in the chase and how you can improve next game

  • Easy solution, make each survivor worth 10k

    3 get out? Each one on the team gets 30k, even if they died. It's a team game, they get the team bonus.

    3 die? Killer gets 30k, he did the work, he gets the points.


    I think it solves both issues. If you are being camped to death, your team makes it, and you still get a good amount of points. Meanwhile the points the killer missed out on will make him reconsider his losing strategy.

    I have considered the effect it may have on the swf try hard brigade and legion of sweaty killers, but honestly I think those types will exist in the same numbers regardless.

  • time to accuse you of a crime because we know you're borrowed time you're gonna be martyr because you wanted to be an explorer in the entity

  • I feel like the facecamped survivor should get a slow benefit with killer remaining in radius like an increase in luck on hook and it grows based on distance and time

  • So the mods (correctly) told me I was being insulting in my now deleted post. For that I do apologize. I will attempt the be less offensive.


    so... you do realize this is a team game rite? If you don’t care about how your team does, you should probably play as killer or another game. It’s this kind of mentality that enables killers to take this less than Nobel strat, but honestly what do you expect from someone who’s job it is to kill your team?

  • @Crazewtboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1928545#Comment_1928545

    Comparing hacking to camping of any sort is stretching super hard there bud. Someone will still be facecamped? Cool, so if it isn't you then do gens so you can live. Otherwise take a loss and just go to the next game. If it is you, evaluate what you did wrong in the chase and how you can improve next game

    In other words if it isnt me the problem dosent exist

    And i was not comparing hacking with facecamping, i was comparing what you said about, oh so you are afraid of getting facecamped just dont die, with a its this an unfair match an you probably are going to loose, ez just win

    And in the same way a game without an killer? an game when the killer just stay still, just by the fact that you can walk it dosent mean that the game will still be nice, the game if you an survival are getting facecamped is already horrible, and its even worst when you are getting facecamped

  • @F60_31 said:

    Yes it sucks if you are the hooked one but a killer is heavily punished if the others do gens. He will not do it again soon.

    This is not true. Gens will never be done from start to finish in the time you are hooked. Now factor in 1 or 2 survivors going to see if the killer left and the odds of gens getting done are evdn worse. Plus this ignores the problem where one person gets screwed for getting hooked. The mechanics are flawed and outdated and no 'perk' or 'perks' are enough to fix it.

  • @baron said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1846764#Comment_1846764

    This is not true. Gens will never be done from start to finish in the time you are hooked. Now factor in 1 or 2 survivors going to see if the killer left and the odds of gens getting done are evdn worse. Plus this ignores the problem where one person gets screwed for getting hooked. The mechanics are flawed and outdated and no 'perk' or 'perks' are enough to fix it.

    I mean if the killer is facecamping he/she obviously isn't too good at the game. Get your looping skills up and run the bastard for ages and make him EARN that face Camp.

  • @ill_Boston_lli said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1931522#Comment_1931522

    I mean if the killer is facecamping he/she obviously isn't too good at the game. Get your looping skills up and run the bastard for ages and make him EARN that face Camp.

    Hm, I still get facecamping killers at red ranks, so maybe it is way too easy to rank up as killer then.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1934309#Comment_1934309

    Hm, I still get facecamping killers at red ranks, so maybe it is way too easy to rank up as killer then.

    Believe me if a killer is face camping at rank 1 or red rank for that matter they are NOT ranking up. There isn't the slightest possibility of it. So take comfort in knowing this killer is definitely deranking for it.

  • It's a bad argument to "just do gens" altogether as typically at least one survivor will stop what they are doing to go unhook regardless. They will spot the killer face camping and wait to see if he leaves or divebomb with BT. Essentially the killer removes at least two survivors from objectives by hooking one.

  • @stikyard said:

    It's a bad argument to "just do gens" altogether as typically at least one survivor will stop what they are doing to go unhook regardless. They will spot the killer face camping and wait to see if he leaves or divebomb with BT. Essentially the killer removes at least two survivors from objectives by hooking one.

    well i mean you gotta figure a gen or two has popped in that first chase right? because if the killer is facecamping its gotta be because he lost a bunch of gens before his first hook so one on hook one trying to save and the other 2 on gens that will leave on gen left before the first survivor dies. then the second on gets hook plenty of time to finish the last one. but... it is what it is at the end of the day

1 2 3 4 5