When are they Nerfing Undying?

Can't believe we're at that point where ruin is 'broken' again and would rather nerf the perk then cleanse totem.

GG survivors.

Comments

  • is a totem build, hexs perks usually are strong and come with high risk, usually VERY HIGH risk and they get destroyed very easily so you dont get rewarded, now there is something that potentially gives the killer a high risk high reward- because they are still bones...

  • @meowzilla69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/214149/when-are-they-nerfing-undying

    How about memorizing totem spots?? Is it really that hard?? I find totems very quickly by memorizing their locations. I guess it requires too much brain cells for you to do. Just saying.

    You probably need those cells. Just saying since you didn't get my sarcasm that I wasn't even trying to go for.

  • And why should they, lol?

  • Instead of nerfing good perk, the dev should try to make other perk more usefull. Like Hex: Thrill of the Hunt -> a worst version of Hex: Undying, Hex: Blood Favor either need more range or no cooldown etc.

  • I think they should lessen the RNG-factor. Its the same with bear traps and pig traps. Luck should not decide who wins.

    With Undying/Ruin you could need to break 2-5 totems. The difference is too much.

  • I'd like to see all these killer mains playing against undying + ruin on a map like hawkins/midwich where it's incredible difficult to find totems, specially as a solo survivor. Doubt they'd be too happy about being told "Just do totems 4 head"

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1824194#Comment_1824194

    Not at all. DS isn't just used to stop tunneling, everyone knows that. As an anti-tunneling tool, it's actually not that great. A killer that is actually tunneling with just eat the DS and still tunnel you down. The anti-momentum part of DS is uncounterable. There have been times where I have downed and hooked multiple people, gone back to find that person I hooked first working on a gen, so I down them. They're injured and have probably been working on that generator since the minute they got unhooked. I pick them up, still get hit with DS. How is that tunneling? That's just pushing me for doing my objective. DS enables survivors to get free progress on the game, something that killers can't stop unless they down them. Unbreakable negates that. That's my personal issue with DS. As an actual anti-tunneling tool, it sucks. Most people only use it to punish the killer for doing their objective. At least in my experience.

    Unless the killer is slugging at five gens right off the bat, it's not toxic.

    100% agree, DS needs 1 change, If I commit to another chase while you are hooked, down/hook the other survivor, your DS deactivates. Simple as that. Why should a killer be punished for killing to fast. There is no "tunneling" in that scenario.

  • @Marigoria said:

    I'd like to see all these killer mains playing against undying + ruin on a map like hawkins/midwich where it's incredible difficult to find totems, specially as a solo survivor. Doubt they'd be too happy about being told "Just do totems 4 head"

    Still doable. Got a good grasp on totem spots on Hawkins, as for midwich. Maybe it would help if I didn't get the map like once a month to experiment on it.

  • @Healthore77992 said:

    Killers were and are still dealing with survivor BS perks with no counter for YEARS, now when killers finally get strong combo, which let's not forget can be destroyed in FIRST MINUTE OF THR GAME, let's also not forget that killer must apply pressure in order it to work, survivors are crying like there is no tommorow, pathetic really..

    I've never seen all 5 totems get cleansed in the first minute of the match but go off.

  • @ukenicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1824079#Comment_1824079

    I've never seen all 5 totems get cleansed in the first minute of the match but go off.

    They don't need to all 5 as undying breaks first ruin can't be revived(50/50 each time with it increasingly favoring survivors to destroy undying).

    So 4 survivors finding 2 totems in the first minute is reasonable and happens semi frequently if you actually play with/against the build at red rank.

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1828868#Comment_1828868

    They don't need to all 5 as undying breaks first ruin can't be revived(50/50 each time with it increasingly favoring survivors to destroy undying).

    So 4 survivors finding 2 totems in the first minute is reasonable and happens semi frequently if you actually play with/against the build at red rank.

    Video evidence to back you up.

    https://amp.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/kfp7qs/killer_ragequits_after_40_seconds_into_the_match/

  • @Greatamygdala said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1827880#Comment_1827880

    Still doable. Got a good grasp on totem spots on Hawkins, as for midwich. Maybe it would help if I didn't get the map like once a month to experiment on it.

    You only get midwich once a month if you play once a month.

  • Maybe just me but I love bringing Detective's Hunch to counter Ruin&Undying, I'll often bring Inner strength aswell in order to keep myself Healed as, let's be honest, when you solo Q most randoms can't be trusted


    So person reading this...if you struggle with the current killer meta combo I recommend giving Hunch&inner a go. It's a godsend for solo Q players such as myself, plus you'll have two extra slots for whatever you want.

  • @Marigoria said:

    I'd like to see all these killer mains playing against undying + ruin on a map like hawkins/midwich where it's incredible difficult to find totems, specially as a solo survivor. Doubt they'd be too happy about being told "Just do totems 4 head"

    My main surv build includes inner/detectives, not very hard.

  • @SocialDistomancy said:

    Use a perk called small game btw

    Or Detectives Hunch, I'd prefer that honestly though

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1828850#Comment_1828850

    You only get midwich once a month if you play once a month.

    Damn so you get midwich a lot and you still can't do bones there? Yikes.

  • Since undying came out, i had never tried the "meta combo" until yesterday, cause i had always prefer thanatophobia, pop or malefic intervention to slow the game a bit.

    But yesterday, i wanted to try it to see if it have value on low mobility killers (clown and fat myer for the meme), so i used it 5 times in a row (3 clown, 1 fat myers & 1 regular myers), 3 times they destroyed the combo in less than 3min (+ 1 or 2 gens), 1 time they just found undying & 1 time they dont even bother doing totem and i had to chase 2 surv while the 2 other was sticking to gens tho i applied the most pressure i can.

    So my experience with it resume what i was thinking, against good surv and mostly sfw (3 or 4, i play only at night where sweating is a rule^^), its completly useless and take 2 spots where pop or thanato have way more impact and reward way more being a good pressuring/quick chase ender killer.

    The problem to me in this game is that the time to make gens is too low and since its the only objective that matter to surv, we can't blame them to make it the faster they can. i dont think they will implement new objectives so a solution be that they should 1.5x or 2x the time to do gen but reward way more perfect skillcheck (like a 5% progression and then 1% more every succesfull perfect skillcheck(6%,7% etc..) with a reset at 5% if only a good skillcheck or fail).

    Perks and add on/object ons surv (as powerful as they can be, like borrow time, sprint/DH, insta heal (the most bs to me with keys)) are not a problem cause they lead to interesting chase & decisions take for the killer, wich is while i play the game. (DS i couldnt care less cause i never tunnel intentionally)

    The main problem now is the core game mechanics, good/old survs mains dont care anymore about BP/Pip or even winning, they want to be chase and loop the killer (most of them not for toxicity purpose but just to have fun cause doing gens is boring af since skillcheck are not a challenge). By increasing the time needed to make the generators while rewarding the perfect skillcheck, they have to implement more fun mechanics for the gens part like more different skillcheck, not only press a button when needed but sometimes real sequence like ↑↓→ shown 5s before in a random place of the screen, that disapear before the skillcheck so you ll have to remember it, 360° with the mouse, gens cannot all be done on 1 side (25% each side, 33% for 3 side gens, 50% for 2 sides) etc...

  • @Greatamygdala said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1829005#Comment_1829005

    Damn so you get midwich a lot and you still can't do bones there? Yikes.

    Yikes isn't an argument. I play solo, I do not have the time to go around the map looking for 5 totems and do gens.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1829094#Comment_1829094

    Yikes isn't an argument. I play solo, I do not have the time to go around the map looking for 5 totems and do gens.

    I play solo my entire dbd time. Solo isn't an excuse not to do totems nor should a game be dumbed down because randoms refuse to get better.

  • @Greatamygdala said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1830309#Comment_1830309

    I play solo my entire dbd time. Solo isn't an excuse not to do totems nor should a game be dumbed down because randoms refuse to get better.

    How many hours do you have and what rank ?

  • @Greatamygdala said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1830309#Comment_1830309

    I play solo my entire dbd time. Solo isn't an excuse not to do totems nor should a game be dumbed down because randoms refuse to get better.

    Which rank and how many hours do you have? Because anyone who knows the game enough and has many hours as a solo survivor in red rank would know it isn't easy to do all totems + gens

  • @goatslinger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1824681#Comment_1824681

    This is exactly why ruin/undying is broken. Any killer that is not complete potato that gets 2 minutes of no gen progress is gg ez.

    Lol i just got a game 2 minutes and i lost two perks gg! But it’s OP

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1830370#Comment_1830370

    Which rank and how many hours do you have? Because anyone who knows the game enough and has many hours as a solo survivor in red rank would know it isn't easy to do all totems + gens

    Currently Rank 4 survivor would be rank 1 if I wasn't busy playing cyberpunk. I have 1572h in the game and I would post my stats here according to that dbd stats site but eh I rather not risk a ban and tread the forum's rules.

    Because you're not supposed to do everything. Survivor is team based THIS is 4 v 1. It is not the game's fault if your randoms refuse to get better as players. Balancing the game because the players refuse to get better is such a bad way to look at things. You would be handholding your players as if they're children and get what they want which is Whine nerf these two perks with obvious solutions instead of getting collectively be better.

    That's akin to me whining on CSGO(Team based game) that I can't push a site because my team can't complete their smoke set ups nor aim therefore please make it easier for me for I am solo queue.

  • @VicThor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1825905#Comment_1825905

    Lol i just got a game 2 minutes and i lost two perks gg! But it’s OP

    Sure, but you'll keep running it because it puts you at such a disadvantage only have 2 perks right?

  • Still mindblowing to me how the obvious fix isn't done. Take off the aura reading. If it needs a secondary effect, give it something else. On its own having the survivors need to take down multiple dull totems alongside the hex is strong. Hell you know what? I'll even give a secondary effect. Make it so after completing a dull totem the survivor gets a deep wound status to simulate the totem being trapped. Honestly though that could go on a different hex and be made stronger so that it causes deep wound while doing the totem. Not enough to stop the totem obviously but enough to require mending asap and stop them from doing a task. Just to make it even stronger, make it give a stronger blurriness than usual so if the killer did come up they wouldn't see them with TPP camera. They'd have to rely on hearing. Also would tell the killer to watch their totems without ESP.

  • @goatslinger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1830537#Comment_1830537

    Sure, but you'll keep running it because it puts you at such a disadvantage only have 2 perks right?

    I keep running it, cause when It works it helps. It’s not OP, OP is something you can’t counter. I prefer it over Pop + something else because I don’t need to go the gen... If they would take away the aura reading, then probably I will switch to pop + ruin combo.

1 2 ›