Killers who slug for the 4k when they don't know where the last survivor is are boring

Like really? Do we have to drag the game out for so long that you have to slug for the 4k like is it that important? So often they do this and they don't know where the last survivor is like what's the point? If you slug me and don't know where the other survivor is i'm taking the dc penalty idc i'm not gonna sit around and bleed to death

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • It is, but it's the Killer equivalent to constantly saving and hiding and not doing gens to maybe get the hatch when it's clear you've already lost, which is 100x more common than slugging for the 4K with no info

  • @RoboMojo said:

    If I'm not mistaken, most people would be totally happy with a 3K. Besides, does it matter if that last person gets out? NO, you still won by that point. Slugging for the 4K is understandable if you're going for the Adept but otherwise, it's just extremely sweaty and unnecessary.

    Or sometimes you need that 4th kill to pip because the survivors gen rusher and left you with no time to get chases or some other arbitrary metric the devs want you to get to be able to rank up and earn blood points.

  • Dc’ing is against game rules. Sack up and bleed out.

  • Games not over til its over. I can slug to give myself some extra time to find the Hatch or the last survivor. Its part of the game if your losing get better so you don't lose next time.

  • @Zaytex said:

    Another thread complaining about Killers for wanting to go for the win?

    Sigh.

    Its still boring to win that way though, I don't slug for the 4k anymore and I still get 4ks no hatch escape like 80% of the time

  • The hatch is only part of the issue. The other is the emblems scoring. That 1 extra hook can make all the difference for thoses who care about pipping on consider a black pip game a draw. Its especially important when the survivors are good and the killers don't have the luxury of slowly hooking every single survivor 3 times each.

    But in my experience the most boring games are the ones where the last 2 survivors are hiding, waiting for the other to die and get the hatch. Nothing gets done until one of them get bored or the killer finaly manage to find one fo them, but unless you have some very specific perks its really hard to find survivors who are dedicated to doing nothing.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    Personally I always slug for the 4k. Do I care? No tbh. I only care about getting points so slugging for the 4k is the only way to guarantee points without having to chance a rng hatch escape.

    Survivors who do gens fast to escape are boring.

  • Spoiler alert: Killer don't play to give you fun.

  • @Avilgus said:

    Spoiler alert: Killer don't play to give you fun.

    It’s true, we are all horrible, bitter misers who want nothing but to inflict pain and suffering upon all around us. ;)

  • I slug to get the last survivor for points. If the match was really close then ill definitely slug to find the last survivor. Its stressful going against really good survivors or a toxic team and a 4k just shows that as a killer I did very well against these survivors. If I see the survivors are struggling I just hook the 3rd person im not really worried about the last survivor. But see here's the problem sometimes when a survivor escapes through the hatch they'll just go "ez baby killer" I haven't seen it in a while but it happens.

  • @RoboMojo said:

    If I'm not mistaken, most people would be totally happy with a 3K. Besides, does it matter if that last person gets out? NO, you still won by that point. Slugging for the 4K is understandable if you're going for the Adept but otherwise, it's just extremely sweaty and unnecessary.

    Thats like saying survivors who open exit gates and leave are sweaty and unnecessary. If you completed all the gens, shouldn't you be happy with that and just let the killer kill you? Anything you can say to defend opening the gates after completing the gens can also be used to defend slugging for the 4k.

  • existence if hatch+ no definitive win condition= the only way to win is to slug if you don't know where the final 2 survivors are

  • The anger/frustration should be directed toward BHVR. They need to address this scenario. It's not on the killer or survivor who use the game options to slug or to leave the game.

  • @Wesker09 said:

    Like really? Do we have to drag the game out for so long that you have to slug for the 4k like is it that important? So often they do this and they don't know where the last survivor is like what's the point? If you slug me and don't know where the other survivor is i'm taking the dc penalty idc i'm not gonna sit around and bleed to death

    I could not agree with you more. I have probably left games more over this BS than any other killer tactic. If I am slugged and the other bro is not injured or I think they know where hatch is, I am gone. I have BP running out the ears and 5 minutes isn't a deal breaker to help a team mate. Especially, if we have already gotten each other up and they just keep trying with the slug to 4k, I am def gonna bounce.

  • @nskc said:

    I think that after a certain amount of time has elapsed in the match, survivors should be able to forfeit/give up and get whichever emblems and however many bloodpoints they've earned up to that point.

    If the killer wants to leave someone slugged to go for an easier win, fine. To me it's a little bit sweaty, but it's not unreasonable. But no one should be forced to participate in a game that's no longer fun for them--the fact that there's no way to leave a match without DC'ing, and that there's a DC penalty, means you're essentially held hostage. If a player leaves, it should count as a sacrifice and also towards Adept achievements.

    This goes for killers, too--there have been plenty of times when I get a couple of early kills, maybe at 4 or 5 gens, and the remaining two survivors just hide and refuse to do objectives. I'd much rather leave a game like that than play it out, and killers should have the option to forfeit as well.

    People would probably leave games fairly often, sure, but if the game is going poorly enough that people would rather leave than keep going, who benefits by forcing them to continue? I'd much rather be in a tightly contested game that's interesting enough that everyone wants to stick around, instead of wasting my time playing a drawn out, mediocre game where people are only sticking around because they don't want to depip and lose all their bloodpoints.

    At the very least, if someone DC's at any point during the first 5 minutes of the game, everyone should at a minimum safety pip and have the option to leave immediately without penalty.

    People did have the option to leave without consequences but the base whined so much they instituted the DC penalty. So now you are forced into matches and no matter how toxic they play if you DC, you take the punishment for their BM. Is is fair, hardly. But as long as the majority support it, it will be around. Personally IDK why people support or put up with it. As far as getting rewarded for a DC, nah. I do think losing the points and depipping is fine, but that should ge all the penalty you have to swallow. It is a small price to pay to not have to acquiesce to people playing abusive.

  • @Wesker09 said:

    Like really? Do we have to drag the game out for so long that you have to slug for the 4k like is it that important? So often they do this and they don't know where the last survivor is like what's the point? If you slug me and don't know where the other survivor is i'm taking the dc penalty idc i'm not gonna sit around and bleed to death

    Why not just give yourself up to the killer then?

    I mean in all seriousness I find survivors at that point of the game will almost always try and hide to bleedout even if you just downed them, IMMEDIATELY killed the other person and went back and tried to find them; if they can get away to bleedout even after hatch is closed they will.

    I've never held that against them, so I don't see a problem with a killer actively playing the game how they want to play it either.

    I mean, there are survivors that will not do gens and just tap them to avoid crows; and do nothing but hide for even an hour rather than let you kill them, to try and "punish" you for having killed 2 other survivors already.

    If a killer slugs you to get a 4K they are TRYING to kill the survivors, they are actively trying to do their job. If survivors want to keep trying to stay alive by hiding, crawling off, etc- they can; if they want to just die and get it over with they can do that too. They have FULL control over that situation; so in no way can you blame the killer.

  • If you are getting slugged all the time try unbreakable, tenacity or other perks like WGLF. If that is not happening as much as you are telling you don't need any of those and it's just bias from recent games. Sure, you get slugged here and there for 4k, if you don't want to continue or have no means to continue, just stay in one place and crows will be over your head and you don't have to wait. Otherwise, use your head to survive, because it's not everyone that wants to always give a free hatch, or to look at the same time for the hatch.

    If you really don't want to wait, make it easier to be found, simple.

  • Survivors who hide and let their teammate die waiting for hatch are even more boring. Imagine losing the game and still thinking you are entitled to an escape.

  • @valvarez4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1797361#Comment_1797361

    Sure you don’t think is a problem loosing a deserved 4 escapes because of the very not dumb mechanic of facecamper a guy at the egc

    well, you are the one saying that, i do think face camping is something that should not exist, sadly the devs wont do anything about either of the dumd mechanics, but anyway, one does not justify the other. but survivor mains will be survivor mains, so i dont expect u to get it

  • Having a 3k doesn't guarantee max blood points or double pip. This game is such a grind, us killers have to do our best all the time. If I suspect I haven't gotten the medals for a double pip, you can bet ima leave a slug and try to get in at least one more hook. Personally, i prefer to walk away and hope the survivor gets picked up.

1 2 ›