Twins = slugging

Let me start with prefacing I had enjoyed the twins in the PTB, the idea was cool and refreshing.

That said, after versing them quite often since release, I am really starting to hate them.

Pretty much 95% of the competent killers at red ranks go for a slug fest. There are so many games where you end up with 2-3 and even 4 people slugged.

This is NOT fun at all from a survivor perspective. It is even worse than being camped as it completely ruins a players experience.

Tofu and Scott also made videos to discuss this.

I think something needs to be done, I don't care about winning in DBD but I care about having fun and being slugged is the antithesis of fun.

Please help us Devs

@Almo @Peanits @not_Queen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snNWS3q-grM&ab_channel=OhTofu


Comments

  • @keygun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1795143#Comment_1795143

    Balanced?

    It's DEAD by Daylight. Not SURVIVE by daylight.

    Survivor mains crying about balance when y'all have swf and 3rd person perspective. The killer is all alone.

    @keygun

    So for some reason you seem to think balance is bad?

    I don’t even wanna know. Peace out.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1796755#Comment_1796755

    @keygun

    So for some reason you seem to think balance is bad?

    I don’t even wanna know. Peace out.

    Then why ask?

    I'm all for balance, but survivor mains want ds and ub built into base kit.

    Get over yourself.

  • @keygun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1796787#Comment_1796787

    Then why ask?

    I'm all for balance, but survivor mains want ds and ub built into base kit.

    Get over yourself.

    @keygun

    Maybe refrain from putting words into peoples mouth and they might take you serious.

    You don’t even know what I want nor what is being discussed in this discussion considering your response.

    see your way out.

  • @Jasonisanicefella said:

    Let me start with prefacing I had enjoyed the twins in the PTB, the idea was cool and refreshing.

    That said, after versing them quite often since release, I am really starting to hate them.

    Pretty much 95% of the competent killers at red ranks go for a slug fest. There are so many games where you end up with 2-3 and even 4 people slugged.

    This is NOT fun at all from a survivor perspective. It is even worse than being camped as it completely ruins a players experience.

    Tofu and Scott also made videos to discuss this.

    I think something needs to be done, I don't care about winning in DBD but I care about having fun and being slugged is the antithesis of fun.

    Please help us Devs

    @Almo @Peanits @not_Queen

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snNWS3q-grM&ab_channel=OhTofu

    Lmao, have you seen almo play? He's the last person you would be making this request to if you had.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1796804#Comment_1796804

    @keygun

    Maybe refrain from putting words into peoples mouth and they might take you serious.

    You don’t even know what I want nor what is being discussed in this discussion considering your response.

    see your way out.

    Lol.

    Seriously, you did the same thing assuming I don't want balance.

    I never said balance was bad, I'm just pointing out that 1 killer needs enough power to face 4 survivors.

    Also, it's in the title of the game.

    Quit being disrespectful.

  • @keygun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1796833#Comment_1796833

    Lol.

    Seriously, you did the same thing assuming I don't want balance.

    I never said balance was bad, I'm just pointing out that 1 killer needs enough power to face 4 survivors.

    Also, it's in the title of the game.

    Quit being disrespectful.

    @keygun

    You respond to my response to someone else while calling me a “survivor main crying” simply because I state how excessive slugging is not balanced, but I am the disrespectful one.... 🤔

    All while I am not a survivor main as I actually play both sides with prestiged characters and at red ranks to prove it. But go ahead and pop off about how much of a “crying survivor main I am”

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1796851#Comment_1796851

    @keygun

    You respond to my response to someone else while calling me a “survivor main crying” simply because I state how excessive slugging is not balanced, but I am the disrespectful one.... 🤔

    All while I am not a survivor main as I actually play both sides with prestiged characters and at red ranks to prove it. But go ahead and pop off about how much of a “crying survivor main I am”

    Disrespectful comments like "see your way out" as if you actually made a point or added anything to the argument.

    Your opinion is that slugging isn't balanced?

    That's your opinion.

    But as a killer, you have full free reign over how you decide to kill.

    It's not even an issue of balance tho, you just don't like being slugged.

    What are you doing to change that?

    Are you bringing ub or other anti slug perks that I can't remember the names of?

    Or are you just calling something "unbalanced" because it doesn't fit your personal play style?

    I'm trying to add to the convo, you're just being angry.

  • @keygun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1796881#Comment_1796881

    Disrespectful comments like "see your way out" as if you actually made a point or added anything to the argument.

    Your opinion is that slugging isn't balanced?

    That's your opinion.

    But as a killer, you have full free reign over how you decide to kill.

    It's not even an issue of balance tho, you just don't like being slugged.

    What are you doing to change that?

    Are you bringing ub or other anti slug perks that I can't remember the names of?

    Or are you just calling something "unbalanced" because it doesn't fit your personal play style?

    I'm trying to add to the convo, you're just being angry.

    @keygun

    Just because you disagree doesn’t mean it is balanced.

  • @YoshisCookies said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1794744#Comment_1794744

    i said deal with it, survivors have a billion ways to deal with slugging and camping

    And killers have a billions of ways to slow gens down and they still complain about "genrushing". Different sides of the same coin.

  • @Jasonisanicefella said:

    Let me start with prefacing I had enjoyed the twins in the PTB, the idea was cool and refreshing.

    That said, after versing them quite often since release, I am really starting to hate them.

    Pretty much 95% of the competent killers at red ranks go for a slug fest. There are so many games where you end up with 2-3 and even 4 people slugged.

    This is NOT fun at all from a survivor perspective. It is even worse than being camped as it completely ruins a players experience.

    Tofu and Scott also made videos to discuss this.

    I think something needs to be done, I don't care about winning in DBD but I care about having fun and being slugged is the antithesis of fun.

    Please help us Devs

    @Almo @Peanits @not_Queen

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snNWS3q-grM&ab_channel=OhTofu

    As well as this, they are very good at camping and tunneling, so there's two problematic playstyles in one.

    Also the fact that the killer isn't punished for messing up and getting Victor crushed; and it's not hard to spread the pain with him, either.

  • Unbreakable meta confirmed? Yeah, it's annoying, it's like 80%+ of my games against Twins, slug contest.

  • @Jasonisanicefella said:

    Let me start with prefacing I had enjoyed the twins in the PTB, the idea was cool and refreshing.

    That said, after versing them quite often since release, I am really starting to hate them.

    Pretty much 95% of the competent killers at red ranks go for a slug fest. There are so many games where you end up with 2-3 and even 4 people slugged.

    This is NOT fun at all from a survivor perspective. It is even worse than being camped as it completely ruins a players experience.

    Tofu and Scott also made videos to discuss this.

    I think something needs to be done, I don't care about winning in DBD but I care about having fun and being slugged is the antithesis of fun.

    Please help us Devs

    @Almo @Peanits @not_Queen

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snNWS3q-grM&ab_channel=OhTofu

    Exactly. I’ve literally been saying that I hate versing the twins now. At first it was fine, then everybody who uses the twins started just slugging, camping, and tunneling. Now i hate versing the twins. It’s not fun at all. If you kick victor it should take him like 40 or 50 seconds to become available again, not 8 seconds or whatever it is. It’s like it literally doesn’t even matter if somebody kicks him because you get him back seconds later.

  • @zackdaylight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/210875/twins-slugging

    Exactly. I’ve literally been saying that I hate versing the twins now. At first it was fine, then everybody who uses the twins started just slugging, camping, and tunneling. Now i hate versing the twins. It’s not fun at all. If you kick victor it should take him like 40 or 50 seconds to become available again, not 8 seconds or whatever it is. It’s like it literally doesn’t even matter if somebody kicks him because you get him back seconds later.

    If anything, kicking victor just helps the killer since it brings him closer to Charlotte.

  • @SunderMun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1796949#Comment_1796949

    If anything, kicking victor just helps the killer since it brings him closer to Charlotte.

    Yess, this also.

  • @SunderMun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/210875/twins-slugging

    As well as this, they are very good at camping and tunneling, so there's two problematic playstyles in one.

    Also the fact that the killer isn't punished for messing up and getting Victor crushed; and it's not hard to spread the pain with him, either.

    The twins get punished if Victor gets smashed, you have to start back at the beginning.

    Imagine blinking twice as nurse, but bc you miss you get teleported back to original blink location.

    It completely breaks chase if Victor is crushed while away, and it breaks my heart every time that little guy dies.

  • @Freki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1796154#Comment_1796154

    so they will slug and then hook. there already is a a time limit victor can be out and not controlled, there are several ways that survivors can get victor to go back including the kick, pallet and after 45 seconds of being on their back. you want to hamstring someone even more? wow.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1796104#Comment_1796104

    I did not say anyone with anything critical to say about the game should leave but instead I said if you were bored with the game then leave. why play a game that is boring to you? It seems that you are the one that is not being open minded. You can be critical of the game and still be respectful (people are very disrespectful here on the forums, please note I did not say you were), you can make suggestions without being flippant, and discuss things without wanting to insult others. I did not insult you and yet you are the one telling me how I am thinking. If no one has anything but anecdotal information then you are one too. What is fun for you may not be fun for me and the same vice versa, you can not dictate to me what fun should be like and I never did that what so ever I only talked about what I know and have seen here on the forums.

    Speaking of Stealth game play and what people find exciting to watch that is a laugh though because I love stealth game play. why? because it's a challenge to stay unnoticed. and there is an emblem that even talks about not being seen by the killer and it only takes into account the idea of winning a chase yet how is that "not seen" by a killer. I will go in, save, heal, gens, totems, get in chases etc as I see it is needed. many times the killer is hooking someone on the other side of the match and i'm on a gen, when i get off the gen to go safe they are almost immediately rescued and i then have to go back to my gen. then I have to move to another gen once that one is done and move on. As killer the only stealth that irritates me is the fact that two people decide that they should no longer further the game and they stealth and take the game hostage at that point because a killer that isn't doc can't flush them out. Now about people "WATCHING" the game, that's great they want to see chases, jukes and mind games but I don't play by who is watching me play I play the way I feel is necessary. oh and about stealth again when it's the final one AND the killer there is the hatch open that the killer can close to push the game to a closure because of EGC but when there are 2 and they aren't working on gens anymore then why should it be ok to hold the game hostage just to try and win?

    and you know your feelings is inline with over 30K or more of the player base? or just the ones that post here? and to be honest I've seen streamers talk about this and they don't camp or proxy camp the hooks and they do just fine with the twins. I've got over 3K hours in the game and as you said I feel my ideas are inline with over half the player base because they mirror many people that talk here, many streamers and people that I know. as to camping, did I say it was healthy? I did not I said it was allowed just like slugging, just like tunneling and honestly if I need to put pressure on someone i'm going to do what I need to in order to bring the game to a close, I personally don't see what face camping does though unless you have insta downs to multiply your hooks. proxy camping is a lovely term, I will hook someone and if I suspect someone is in the area I will check all around and then finally leave when i clear the area. That is just being smart not camping what so ever yet I'm a camper when I do that. I think you and I can claim to be in tune with over half the player base but it's a baseless claim because you don't know the mind of over 30,000 people and the number here on the forum number about 1-10% of the active player database. I placed my claim solely to show you how ridiculous that claim is, not that I think that to be hones and I showed how it is here as well. I think you may have hit the nail on the head saying that it's almost pointless to talk to someone who won't consider opinions of other people which you are not doing when you summarily dismiss mine by saying that i'm not engaging, that I'm saying whataboutisms (as you say) and totally and utterly intentionally misreading my statement to make your statements and opinions more truthful. You will notice that I did not do that with you I just discussed your points with my counter points. enjoy!

    See, thing is, you're still not engaging with what I'm saying. Your counterargument to what I'm saying about balance issues is "well, I have fun and think it's fine, so there!" That's fine, you're entitled to your opinion, but don't claim that you're making "counterarguments" or advancing the discourse, because you're really not. I'm not trying to be flippant, and I'm not trying to insult anyone; you're the one who replied to me with a wall of text and basically said (whatever you claim) that I should "leave the game if I'm so bored" which you'll note is something I never said. It's like you're arguing with some alternate reality version of me that's saying all these things that I haven't said (strawman, anyone?)

    You don't need to spend a paragraph rehashing what I said about the pointlessness of arguing with someone who has a completely opposing and entrenched viewpoint in the absence of any hard evidence (actually, even in presence of hard evidence people with opposing viewpoints aren't really much better at convincing the other one to change their views).

    Have a good day.

  • @nskc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1796737#Comment_1796737

    See, thing is, you're still not engaging with what I'm saying. Your counterargument to what I'm saying about balance issues is "well, I have fun and think it's fine, so there!" That's fine, you're entitled to your opinion, but don't claim that you're making "counterarguments" or advancing the discourse, because you're really not. I'm not trying to be flippant, and I'm not trying to insult anyone; you're the one who replied to me with a wall of text and basically said (whatever you claim) that I should "leave the game if I'm so bored" which you'll note is something I never said. It's like you're arguing with some alternate reality version of me that's saying all these things that I haven't said (strawman, anyone?)

    You don't need to spend a paragraph rehashing what I said about the pointlessness of arguing with someone who has a completely opposing and entrenched viewpoint in the absence of any hard evidence (actually, even in presence of hard evidence people with opposing viewpoints aren't really much better at convincing the other one to change their views).

    Have a good day.

    so you're quitting the discussion, you have the right to but that just shows you can't even discuss what was there. you claimed "I have fun and think it's fine so there... well that's not what I said in the slightest, so you feel that you can make things up and not have a proper discussion, please have a great day and enjoy yourself while others continue the discussion.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1796152#Comment_1796152

    @Woolphi

    I never said slugging takes longer than dying on hook. Where did I say that?

    I said it has no Downside. As in it is FREE pressure where one action can be done with little to no downside. I’m arguing the ability to slug so freely, I’m not comparing it to anything else.

    Funny how you bring up survivor “meta” when the meta only exists because of the killer’s built in mechanics. Because I can guarantee you not everyone is keen on bringing BT or DS every match but we both know once there is no obsession it’s like a tunnel buffet for many killers.

    I was the one saying slugging takes more time to kill than a hook, and it IS, you wanting or not, a downside.

    And NO, it is not "FREE", it is a trade of, you don't hook, that is the way the game gives killer points and emblem, in trade of not losing the time it takes to grab a survivor, take him to the hook, and the hook animation.

    What you don't understand is that the killer doesn't want to slug, he needs to. No one killer is going to a match thinking "Oh, it will be so fun just leave survivors on the ground", the killers want their points and emblems too, but if they always keep being inefficient they will just lose.

    You think that the solution is nerfing slugging, what is in itself *NERFING THE KILLERS*, AGAIN!

    The better solution would be BUFF the killers in general. there are a lot of ways of doing it, pick one: Nerfing gen speed, Speeding killers pick up time animation and hooking animation, buffing killers mov speed while carrying a survivor.

    Make something more viable than slugging, instead to nerf the only viable option.

  • Its kinda sad tbh cause even high profile twitch streamers who have NEVER played dirty before this point (a specific one I'm thinking of) have turned to camping with this new killer, on the reasoning that that was what this killer was designed to do. And honestly.. they're right. This killer excels at the camping game.

    My solution to this problem is a bit more comprehensive than what most people are suggesting.

    I think that there should be a total rehaul on survivor perks. Right now there are too many perks for too many nuanced effects. A lot of perk effects should be compiled so that you can will rarely ever have a perk without some use. For example: Botany knowledge should allow you to also stifle bleeding on yourself/friendly targets (with a cooldown). Borrowed time should also have Babysitter blended in. Leader and Prove Thyself should be one perk. Fixated should allow you to walk without triggering traps/alerting victor. Etc

    How does this tie into the Twins? Well, if there were more utility from common perks, you could potentially run a healer set that can help with bleeding - which would help with victor. Using borrowed time wouldn't just save you from a hit, but also help you from being tracked by the killer at least for a few seconds. Iron will could be combined with Lucky Break. I dunno if you're feeling what I'm saying but - using other perks rather than the meta perks should be optional and fun and if they have helpful effects for more than just 1 killer, that would be awesome.

    Look at Sole Survivor for example. This perk would kill for slugging killers with Deerstalker or wallhack myers. But why would anyone pick those perks now, if it only works for a single scenario? Having compiled perks would make the game more fun and exciting and help with tons of new situations that we haven't experienced yet. Presently I try to run BT and babysitter to counter the twins and sometimes I use Lucky Break myself, but it sucks when i pick babysitter and luckybreak but then the killer isn't the twins - and I just wasted 2 perks.

  • @MidniteWolfy said:

    Its kinda sad tbh cause even high profile twitch streamers who have NEVER played dirty before this point (a specific one I'm thinking of) have turned to camping with this new killer, on the reasoning that that was what this killer was designed to do. And honestly.. they're right. This killer excels at the camping game.

    My solution to this problem is a bit more comprehensive than what most people are suggesting.

    I think that there should be a total rehaul on survivor perks. Right now there are too many perks for too many nuanced effects. A lot of perk effects should be compiled so that you can will rarely ever have a perk without some use. For example: Botany knowledge should allow you to also stifle bleeding on yourself/friendly targets (with a cooldown). Borrowed time should also have Babysitter blended in. Leader and Prove Thyself should be one perk. Fixated should allow you to walk without triggering traps/alerting victor. Etc

    How does this tie into the Twins? Well, if there were more utility from common perks, you could potentially run a healer set that can help with bleeding - which would help with victor. Using borrowed time wouldn't just save you from a hit, but also help you from being tracked by the killer at least for a few seconds. Iron will could be combined with Lucky Break. I dunno if you're feeling what I'm saying but - using other perks rather than the meta perks should be optional and fun and if they have helpful effects for more than just 1 killer, that would be awesome.

    Look at Sole Survivor for example. This perk would kill for slugging killers with Deerstalker or wallhack myers. But why would anyone pick those perks now, if it only works for a single scenario? Having compiled perks would make the game more fun and exciting and help with tons of new situations that we haven't experienced yet. Presently I try to run BT and babysitter to counter the twins and sometimes I use Lucky Break myself, but it sucks when i pick babysitter and luckybreak but then the killer isn't the twins - and I just wasted 2 perks.

    The idea of buffing underperforming perks is good. But you are going in the completly wrong direction, you want to buff survivors even further, while the game is already heavily survivor sided.

    Killer slug to save time, since they DON'T have the time to hook survivors and defend gens.

    The solution would be Buffing Killers, so they wouldn't NEED to slug, and they wouldn't feel like they need to camp/tunnel. Or nerfing survivors, a gen speed nerf would take a lot of presure on the killer side.

    If you keep Buffing survivors the Killers will feel like the only way they can win is using the most broken killers, addons and tatics that they can find. The weaker Killers will be seen less and less, since they will not just be destroyed, but they will be humiliated by toxic survivors.

    I know that you meant to nerf the twins by changing something else, the idea is the right one, but what to change is the wrong thing.

  • The problem is, in my experience, it's not just the twins anymore. I've seen other killers who are good at sluggin, like Wraith, start to do it more often. I don't know if it's killer frustration or killers have been reminded how effective slugging is. All I know is I don't care about escaping. Just having fun...and bloodpoints. I get neither from lying on the ground for 2 mins. I've started to run Unbreakable, Soulguared, DS, Deadhard with some success. Will see if it continues. Only other option I can think of is give survivors bloodpoints for sniffing the ground.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1794760#Comment_1794760

    And killers have a billions of ways to slow gens down and they still complain about "genrushing". Different sides of the same coin.

    Billions? really? Killers have only 2 realiable perks, pop and ruin/undying, if they had more it wouldn't be the choice almost every match.

    Gen rushing is not a thing, that is the only thing survivors HAVE to do.

    Gen speeds are the thing that is causing all the unfun things that survivors complain. If the Killers had more time to do stuff they wouldn't need to tunnel and slugg. They have to be efficient if they want to win.

  • @Freki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1795278#Comment_1795278

    Soul Guard, tap's perk that lets you crawl faster and recover at the same time combined with unbreakable there is always no mither, unbreakable and that's all I can think of at this moment but there are things to do that could easily help and if you don't know them why are you even complaining since you apparently only know the few things you use and don't care anyways. still it's better than some of the killers have.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1795453#Comment_1795453

    thing is for every 4 players playing survivor there is one player that is playing killer. are the killers supposed to just roll up and let the survivors win every time? let me guess this is along the lines of iri head hatches, billy and bubba, ONI and Spirit and Nurse as well... lets just get rid of the ones people don't like to play against. well if that's the case, lets get rid of things the killers don't like to play against. we are playing a game with two sides, doesn't matter that 4 people don't like what 1 person does, because there are thousands of players playing killer and thousands of players playing survivor. many of those play both sides. so you can't make it a he said, she said issue (or what ever pronouns you want to use) but you know it's always this is tooo hard for survivors, yet I see survivors getting out, i wonder why that is if this is such an issue. I'm not saying that it's perfect as it is FAR from perfect, but you place too much emphasis on one person when it's other people that also factor into the issue.

    Soul guard works if there is a hex totem up.

    How will faster crawling help against slugging ? You said there are other perks that let you get up too...

    You think killers are that stupid and leave no mither guy on the ground ? ######### :'D Yes, maybe it works on you as a killer

    And here we are again, unbreakable is the only perk against slugging that you can use once, after that you're ######### unless someone else has it.

    Slugging with the Twins is so easy. I've given up on playing nicely as surv and as killer. Twins is my new fav killers to get survivors dc. No perks, no addons, ez slugfest, ez 4k.

  • @Woolphi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1796940#Comment_1796940

    Billions? really? Killers have only 2 realiable perks, pop and ruin/undying, if they had more it wouldn't be the choice almost every match.

    Gen rushing is not a thing, that is the only thing survivors HAVE to do.

    Gen speeds are the thing that is causing all the unfun things that survivors complain. If the Killers had more time to do stuff they wouldn't need to tunnel and slugg. They have to be efficient if they want to win.

    POP, Undying, Ruin, Corrupt, Dying Light, Thrilling, Discordance, Surveillance, Tinkerer.

  • @KaarelK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1795678#Comment_1795678

    Soul guard works if there is a hex totem up.

    How will faster crawling help against slugging ? You said there are other perks that let you get up too...

    You think killers are that stupid and leave no mither guy on the ground ? ######### :'D Yes, maybe it works on you as a killer

    And here we are again, unbreakable is the only perk against slugging that you can use once, after that you're ######### unless someone else has it.

    Slugging with the Twins is so easy. I've given up on playing nicely as surv and as killer. Twins is my new fav killers to get survivors dc. No perks, no addons, ez slugfest, ez 4k.

    well i only talked about things that are out there i did not say it was a perfect solution, but right now with pop/undying soul guard works quite well and crawling faster (AND recovering) will let you move away from where you were slugged while recovering, possibly to another survivor that could finish getting you up. or crawling to the hatch to escape. still slugging is a valid tactic and it is not forbidden by the rules of the game. but thing is you're going to complain about everything no matter what is said unless it directly benefits the survivor. this argument happened when the oni came out, and it'll happen again... you'll notice that oni didn't get much of a change and was bugged when he first game out too. only survivor mains can talk, killer mains that bring up their grievances here are told to get better, when they HAVE to play on their A GAME to get pips and get advanced if that's their goal!!!! but now it's oh woe is me, this killer is a slugger only! this killer needs a nerf!!!!!! EVERY DAMN chapter it's that way, and the nerfs hapen and you are NEVER happy as it keeps happening every match. killers who need to be fixed are ignored, freddy is getting modified ONCE AGAIN (second time since his re-work) and nurse hasn't been fixed since her rework showed how broken she can be. billy gets changed when there was no need for it.

    what would your game be like if everyone that played killer STOPPED playing killer? what would the survivors do then? play killer? ok what happens when the next chapter comes out the survivors will cry nerf and the cycle continues!

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1800006#Comment_1800006

    POP, Undying, Ruin, Corrupt, Dying Light, Thrilling, Discordance, Surveillance, Tinkerer.

    Perks that you say that actually regress the gen: POP,Ruin,

    Perks that you say that doesn't regress the gen: Undying, Corrupt, D. L., Thrilling, Discordance (REALLY?), Surveillance (again, REALLY?), Tinkerer.


    Killers need more perks that actually regress the gens. As strong as Ruin and POP.

  • @Jasonisanicefella said:

    Let me start with prefacing I had enjoyed the twins in the PTB, the idea was cool and refreshing.

    That said, after versing them quite often since release, I am really starting to hate them.

    Pretty much 95% of the competent killers at red ranks go for a slug fest. There are so many games where you end up with 2-3 and even 4 people slugged.

    This is NOT fun at all from a survivor perspective. It is even worse than being camped as it completely ruins a players experience.

    Tofu and Scott also made videos to discuss this.

    I think something needs to be done, I don't care about winning in DBD but I care about having fun and being slugged is the antithesis of fun.

    Please help us Devs

    @Almo @Peanits @not_Queen

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snNWS3q-grM&ab_channel=OhTofu

    I didn't play the PTB but did jump on the 1st day they were out and had a lot of fun learning about victor and playing with people who had just gotten this killer. I liked the concept and the whole story is nice and creepy. So it was a real disappointment when people started to get real toxic with is and just slugged everyone right away. Within 3 days I was dreading getting this killer because everyone in the game was depipping with under 10k bp and the killer was only getting like 14k bp (maybe) off a 4k. They probably pipped but really we were all losing. I can't imagine this outcome was not seen when they put the killers abilities on paper, but maybe they thought it wouldn't be this bad. IDK, but it has become a real bummer.

  • @Woolphi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1800819#Comment_1800819

    Perks that you say that actually regress the gen: POP,Ruin,

    Perks that you say that doesn't regress the gen: Undying, Corrupt, D. L., Thrilling, Discordance (REALLY?), Surveillance (again, REALLY?), Tinkerer.

    Killers need more perks that actually regress the gens. As strong as Ruin and POP.

    Not all perks need to regress gens to help you with gens. You should know that.

  • Slugging is Part of the Game.

  • As many pointed out in the PTB, switching back and forth between characters and moving two characters doesn't work in the context of a trial. For a simple example, you land an M1 hit:

    With Blight, you perform a rush attack for a quick follow up and down them, then hook them.

    With the Twins, you deploy Victor (because Charlotte does nothing of note), regain the distance you lost, hopefully down them on the first pounce, switch back to Charlotte, wait 3 seconds for her to wind up, then walk over to the downed survivor to pick them up and hook them. That's such a ridiculously inefficient process to do the same exact thing as any other killer.

    So what's the workaround for the Twins? Proxy hooks with Victor, slug off the hook, latch onto the healthy survivor, and create a snowball. The only way to even approach baseline efficiency with this killer is to employ a super unfun playstyle. Again, experienced killers were shouting this from the rooftops during the PTB. It was obvious from the outset.

    They put so many restrictions on what the killer can do that they essentially pigeonholed them into a playstyle. I can't summon Charlotte to downed survivors, so the most efficient thing is often to get multiple slugs going or risk losing my pressure entirely. I can't recall Victor on demand, so I need to leave him around places I know for a fact survivors will go, like hooks. I can't save Victor for loops all that well, because Charlotte takes a year to activate.

  • Approved, extremly booring to play aginst them when slugging

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802847#Comment_1802847

    Not all perks need to regress gens to help you with gens. You should know that.

    It's not what I'm saying at all, we need a variety of perks to choose, and viable regression perks are lacking, we need more or else every match will have or pop or ruin/undying when the killers can afford the perks, some killers will take both.

    The thing is, we have a lot of perks that slow the game down, but they do it in different ways than actually regressing the gens, and the ones that actually regress gens are meta for a reason, we need more of those.

  • @maaadinsomniac said:

    Unbreakable meta confirmed? Yeah, it's annoying, it's like 80%+ of my games against Twins, slug contest.

    Unbreakable is meta since,at least, 2018 mate.

  • @Woolphi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1803706#Comment_1803706

    It's not what I'm saying at all, we need a variety of perks to choose, and viable regression perks are lacking, we need more or else every match will have or pop or ruin/undying when the killers can afford the perks, some killers will take both.

    The thing is, we have a lot of perks that slow the game down, but they do it in different ways than actually regressing the gens, and the ones that actually regress gens are meta for a reason, we need more of those.

    No one will want to play survivor if the killer brings 4 perks that regress gens. Why do you think people complained about forever freddy?

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1805555#Comment_1805555

    No one will want to play survivor if the killer brings 4 perks that regress gens. Why do you think people complained about forever freddy?

    Killers are different, forever freddy had slow down IN his power.

    If the killer brings 4 regress gen perks, normally they have no synergy, like pop and ruin, and their build will lack other areas, like perks for chase or info.

    And yeah, you must think that the killer find it amazing and really fun when survivors take 4 second chances perks, better yet, 4 survivors with 4 second chance perks, must be a hoot.

    Btw, they just got another one with the new survivor.

  • Its not like we have 5 other killers who slug, oh right, we do

  • @Woolphi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1805617#Comment_1805617

    Killers are different, forever freddy had slow down IN his power.

    If the killer brings 4 regress gen perks, normally they have no synergy, like pop and ruin, and their build will lack other areas, like perks for chase or info.

    And yeah, you must think that the killer find it amazing and really fun when survivors take 4 second chances perks, better yet, 4 survivors with 4 second chance perks, must be a hoot.

    Btw, they just got another one with the new survivor.

    Be thinking killers have a lot of gen defense perks means I find it amazing and fun that survivors take 4 second chance perks. Yes. and 1+1=3

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1805645#Comment_1805645

    Be thinking killers have a lot of gen defense perks means I find it amazing and fun that survivors take 4 second chance perks. Yes. and 1+1=3

    just comparing something that YOU said is unfun for survs but was taken out, and something that is unfun for the killers and still here.

    Mate, you you want to be petty it won't go anywhere, you have no argument, and are trying to be banal. I'm done.

  • @Woolphi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1805837#Comment_1805837

    just comparing something that YOU said is unfun for survs but was taken out, and something that is unfun for the killers and still here.

    Mate, you you want to be petty it won't go anywhere, you have no argument, and are trying to be banal. I'm done.

    Ask anyone how fun it would be to go against 4 slowdown perks. Anyone who isn't bias would say it would be unfun. If you need 4 slowdown perks it means you arent pressuring gens and just need to get better.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1805906#Comment_1805906

    Ask anyone how fun it would be to go against 4 slowdown perks. Anyone who isn't bias would say it would be unfun. If you need 4 slowdown perks it means you arent pressuring gens and just need to get better.

    You need to improve your interpretation, I'm been saying that we need more options, and you keep making excuses.

    Don't talk about bias, you are being hypocritical.

    Having more slow down perks doesn't mean they will all be used together. Is like assuming survivors will build a 4 healing perks build. It doesn't even mean that they will have synergy, like most survivors healing perks already don't have, and both the regress gen perk already doesn't have.

    When I said that there is unfun things that killer has to face, you just shrugged off, there will always be unfun things to play against.

    Actually read this time, please.

  • @Woolphi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1805915#Comment_1805915

    You need to improve your interpretation, I'm been saying that we need more options, and you keep making excuses.

    Don't talk about bias, you are being hypocritical.

    Having more slow down perks doesn't mean they will all be used together. Is like assuming survivors will build a 4 healing perks build. It doesn't even mean that they will have synergy, like most survivors healing perks already don't have, and both the regress gen perk already doesn't have.

    When I said that there is unfun things that killer has to face, you just shrugged off, there will always be unfun things to play against.

    Actually read this time, please.

    I did interpret everything just fine.

    Why do you think it is ok for you to assume they wont be used together but it is not ok for me to assume they will?

    This thread is not about things that are unfun to face that survivors use, if you read the title, it's about the twins being good at slugging.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1806664#Comment_1806664

    I did interpret everything just fine.

    Why do you think it is ok for you to assume they wont be used together but it is not ok for me to assume they will?

    This thread is not about things that are unfun to face that survivors use, if you read the title, it's about the twins being good at slugging.

    So why did you start talking about unfun things that survivor had to face.

    You keep changing the subject, then just says that doesn't matter. You clearly don't know what you are talking about or even how to make an argument, you just keep throwing things without context and when it gets nowhere you just says that it isn't relevant.

    Mate, just stop.

  • @Woolphi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1807984#Comment_1807984

    So why did you start talking about unfun things that survivor had to face.

    You keep changing the subject, then just says that doesn't matter. You clearly don't know what you are talking about or even how to make an argument, you just keep throwing things without context and when it gets nowhere you just says that it isn't relevant.

    Mate, just stop.

    You mean unfun things like slugging? Yea, that is what the thread was about.

  • Slugging is a bloody common 'tactic' on red ranks, to the point that I think these people are in some saw-style trap that'll drive spikes into their throats or something if they don'T get a 4k in under 5 min or something.


    Red Ranks.... say banana if you're life *is* in danger should you play non-scummy...

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1808794#Comment_1808794

    You mean unfun things like slugging? Yea, that is what the thread was about.

    Like forever freddy. Slugging is necessary not only on twins, is not killer specific, they are just more efficient on doing so.

  • @Woolphi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1808847#Comment_1808847

    Like forever freddy. Slugging is necessary not only on twins, is not killer specific, they are just more efficient on doing so.

    This thread is about twins slugging. it's in the title. Please read.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1809416#Comment_1809416

    This thread is about twins slugging. it's in the title. Please read.

    I know it is about them, I was talking with someone and you jump in, saying things that were not even right. And YOU talked about forever freddy, and YOU talked about unfun things. I'm just making a point here.

  • @YoshisCookies said:

    >This is NOT fun at all from a survivor perspective

    deal with it

    What a toxic and selfish answer. This game has two sides that are equally important to this game. You are clearly part of the toxicity problem that dbd has.

1 2 ›