Devs thinking Huntress is overpower!

PATCH NOTES 2.2.0 was edited as this.

Why huntress has to be nerf many times? Why not nurse? I don't know. FxxK!!

Comments

  • Yeah. How about fixing the collision around everything else first.
  • Like Killers.

    Making their hit boxes the actual size of the killer would eliminate looping...

  • Ok, so they say they fixed collision on hatchets. Can we now throw over a damn pallet and not hit pallet when there is only air at that spot? or that ######### only works for survivors models?

  • Like @Sarief said, maybe this is a hidden buff that will make loop hatchets stronger? We will just have to wait and see.
  • This was neither a buff nor a nerf. It's a fix to hit boxes.

  • @Peasant said:
    Like @Sarief said, maybe this is a hidden buff that will make loop hatchets stronger? We will just have to wait and see.

    I doubt it. Have to test, but I think this change is only for survivors -_- so miss survivor, hit everything else

  • Sarief said:

    @Peasant said:
    Like @Sarief said, maybe this is a hidden buff that will make loop hatchets stronger? We will just have to wait and see.

    I doubt it. Have to test, but I think this change is only for survivors -_- so miss survivor, hit everything else

    Okay if that's the only change then that is just plain wrong.
  • @Orion said:
    This was neither a buff nor a nerf. It's a fix to hit boxes.

    If it makes hatchets miss survivors hitbox, it's a nerf.
    In video games this hitboxes are designed to not be model for a reason. If it's throwable, that is.

  • Sarief said:

    @Orion said:
    This was neither a buff nor a nerf. It's a fix to hit boxes.

    If it makes hatchets miss survivors hitbox, it's a nerf.
    In video games this hitboxes are designed to not be model for a reason. If it's throwable, that is.

    Last stream explained that it was to fix a exploit. 
  • @Sarief said:

    @Orion said:
    This was neither a buff nor a nerf. It's a fix to hit boxes.

    If it makes hatchets miss survivors hitbox, it's a nerf.
    In video games this hitboxes are designed to not be model for a reason. If it's throwable, that is.

    It's a fix with unintended consequences. Fixing the insta-blind flashlights wasn't a nerf to flashlights either.

  • @Orion said:

    @Sarief said:

    @Orion said:
    This was neither a buff nor a nerf. It's a fix to hit boxes.

    If it makes hatchets miss survivors hitbox, it's a nerf.
    In video games this hitboxes are designed to not be model for a reason. If it's throwable, that is.

    It's a fix with unintended consequences. Fixing the insta-blind flashlights wasn't a nerf to flashlights either.

    .... I might agree with huntress fixing the hatchet hitbox as fix, if it had "unintended consequences".

    but to flashlights it was plain nerf, nothing more.

  • @Tsulan said:
    Sarief said:

    @Orion said:

    This was neither a buff nor a nerf. It's a fix to hit boxes.

    If it makes hatchets miss survivors hitbox, it's a nerf.

    In video games this hitboxes are designed to not be model for a reason. If it's throwable, that is.

    Last stream explained that it was to fix a exploit. 

    I watched the stream, but don't remember anything like that...

  • @Sarief said:

    @Orion said:

    @Sarief said:

    @Orion said:
    This was neither a buff nor a nerf. It's a fix to hit boxes.

    If it makes hatchets miss survivors hitbox, it's a nerf.
    In video games this hitboxes are designed to not be model for a reason. If it's throwable, that is.

    It's a fix with unintended consequences. Fixing the insta-blind flashlights wasn't a nerf to flashlights either.

    .... I might agree with huntress fixing the hatchet hitbox as fix, if it had "unintended consequences".

    but to flashlights it was plain nerf, nothing more.

    No, I mean there was a time when flashlights could instantly blind Killers (visually, on the Killer's screen, but without the in-game effects). A fix to that wasn't a nerf to flashlights any more than a fix to hitboxes was a nerf to the Huntress.

  • @Orion said:

    @Sarief said:

    @Orion said:

    @Sarief said:

    @Orion said:
    This was neither a buff nor a nerf. It's a fix to hit boxes.

    If it makes hatchets miss survivors hitbox, it's a nerf.
    In video games this hitboxes are designed to not be model for a reason. If it's throwable, that is.

    It's a fix with unintended consequences. Fixing the insta-blind flashlights wasn't a nerf to flashlights either.

    .... I might agree with huntress fixing the hatchet hitbox as fix, if it had "unintended consequences".

    but to flashlights it was plain nerf, nothing more.

    No, I mean there was a time when flashlights could instantly blind Killers (visually, on the Killer's screen, but without the in-game effects). A fix to that wasn't a nerf to flashlights any more than a fix to hitboxes was a nerf to the Huntress.

    I didn't use survivor until they fixed flashlights so I didn't know about blinding before being blinded thing. Ok, good to know this was fixed.

  • Megaris said:

    PATCH NOTES 2.2.0 was edited as this.

    Why huntress has to be nerf many times? Why not nurse? I don't know. FxxK!!

    People crying over this, the previous boxes allowed her to hit survivors without hitting them because they had a large hurtbox, not the box is yoo small. Hurtboxes are simple shapes so you have the bs hits where they hit you when the hatchet misses your body or goes behind you and now they have bs misses, probably something in the middle can be reached. 
  • I mean now the box is too small. Wasn't an intended nerf, relax and let them figure it out. Huntress isn't getting nerfed forever, wasn't intended to be a nerf, calm down guys, not the end of the world. People would exploit the old one and get miss hits on the instadown hatchets which was an issue. Devs just doing their best. 
  • Sarief said:

    @Tsulan said:
    Sarief said:

    @Orion said:

    This was neither a buff nor a nerf. It's a fix to hit boxes.

    If it makes hatchets miss survivors hitbox, it's a nerf.

    In video games this hitboxes are designed to not be model for a reason. If it's throwable, that is.

    Last stream explained that it was to fix a exploit. 

    I watched the stream, but don't remember anything like that...

    They said that it was possible to throw hatchets through walls. That's why they had to change it. The hatchet hitbox spawns a little further away 
  • @Tsulan said:
    Sarief said:

    @Tsulan said:

    Sarief said:

    @Orion said:
    
    This was neither a buff nor a nerf. It's a fix to hit boxes.
    
    
    
    If it makes hatchets miss survivors hitbox, it's a nerf.
    
    In video games this hitboxes are designed to not be model for a reason. If it's throwable, that is.
    

    Last stream explained that it was to fix a exploit. 

    I watched the stream, but don't remember anything like that...

    They said that it was possible to throw hatchets through walls. That's why they had to change it. The hatchet hitbox spawns a little further away 

    That was ages ago, wasn't it fixed during clown release?

  • Sarief said:

    @Tsulan said:
    Sarief said:

    @Tsulan said:

    Sarief said:

    @Orion said:
    
    This was neither a buff nor a nerf. It's a fix to hit boxes.
    
    
    
    If it makes hatchets miss survivors hitbox, it's a nerf.
    
    In video games this hitboxes are designed to not be model for a reason. If it's throwable, that is.
    

    Last stream explained that it was to fix a exploit. 

    I watched the stream, but don't remember anything like that...

    They said that it was possible to throw hatchets through walls. That's why they had to change it. The hatchet hitbox spawns a little further away 

    That was ages ago, wasn't it fixed during clown release?

    They mentioned it last stream. So I guess it's something new.
  • I don't really like Huntress and even I think she got screwed.

  • I don't really like Huntress and even I think she got screwed.

    They didn't think it was op, but you could aim behind survivors and hit them even when they are behind cover, the hit boxes are wonkey and will take some time.
  • You're undercover and you get hit by a hit hatchet even though you are in the shack because your shadow tends to have a hitbox and get hard patrolled by someone who thinks they are god for learning huntress but camps with 1hko hatchets. On the flip side, missing hits that are clear on character models suck. Same for the spirit's sword which seems to be longer than her hit box from the killer point of view so I view it as she has a knife in her hand or it's a freddy glove.
  • @Orion said:
    This was neither a buff nor a nerf. It's a fix to hit boxes.

    If Huntress had crosshair, very fast projectiles/hitscan, and doesn't needed to charge at all then yes. But as how she Works, the hitboxes she had were the correct ones. Now as everyone agrees, Huntress is pretty much useless.

  • @Dabrownman1812 said:
    Mister_Holdout said:

    I don't really like Huntress and even I think she got screwed.

    They didn't think it was op, but you could aim behind survivors and hit them even when they are behind cover, the hit boxes are wonkey and will take some time.

    Because it wasn't OP. She was never OP unless you combined Iri Head and Infantry Belt (or back before 2.1, double wind-up and Tinkerer). She was perfectly fine, the devs decided to sneak in a hard nerf to her because people like you who couldn't learn how to play against her complained like babies. Good job.

  • Maximus7 said:

    @Dabrownman1812 said:
    Mister_Holdout said:

    I don't really like Huntress and even I think she got screwed.

    They didn't think it was op, but you could aim behind survivors and hit them even when they are behind cover, the hit boxes are wonkey and will take some time.

    Because it wasn't OP. She was never OP unless you combined Iri Head and Infantry Belt (or back before 2.1, double wind-up and Tinkerer). She was perfectly fine, the devs decided to sneak in a hard nerf to her because people like you who couldn't learn how to play against her complained like babies. Good job.

    I think this was "a natural mistake"
    They were fixing chainsaw host hits...
  • No, this was an intended change. McLean talked about doing this exact change a few days before the patch dropped.

  • As long as I can throw over ######### cars and pallets without hitting some poorly designed invisible hitbox then its fine!

  • @Swiftblade131 said:
    As long as I can throw over [BAD WORD] cars and pallets without hitting some poorly designed invisible hitbox then its fine!

    I agree. Raise the head hitbox so we can at least hit over dropped pallets without hitting the pallets by accident and so we can hit them slightly over constructs without them Urban Evasioning behind it and hitting the constructs instead. Otherwise, love it!

  • @Swiftblade131 said:
    As long as I can throw over [BAD WORD] cars and pallets without hitting some poorly designed invisible hitbox then its fine!

    I agree. Raise the head hitbox so we can at least hit over dropped pallets without hitting the pallets by accident and so we can hit them slightly over constructs without them Urban Evasioning behind it and hitting the constructs instead. Otherwise, love it!

    Before raised, you could heads behind gens and clip people through walls
  • @Sarief said:

    @Orion said:
    This was neither a buff nor a nerf. It's a fix to hit boxes.

    If it makes hatchets miss survivors hitbox, it's a nerf.
    In video games this hitboxes are designed to not be model for a reason. If it's throwable, that is.

    its a fix, rework not a nerf or buff, its just gonna be removed much quicker because you plebs not knowing how to hit a survivor with hatchets, I always try to hit survivors dead on with hatchets anyway, if you tried to hit a broken hitbox with a hatchet then get good at the game

  • @Sarief said:

    @Orion said:
    This was neither a buff nor a nerf. It's a fix to hit boxes.

    If it makes hatchets miss survivors hitbox, it's a nerf.
    In video games this hitboxes are designed to not be model for a reason. If it's throwable, that is.

    its a fix, rework not a nerf or buff, its just gonna be removed much quicker because you plebs not knowing how to hit a survivor with hatchets, I always try to hit survivors dead on with hatchets anyway, if you tried to hit a broken hitbox with a hatchet then get good at the game

    Oh master huntress please teach us. So us your road to rank 1 with this huntress.

    For real though you say to get good but also that you use only one trick. I think this is severe case of git gud and learn English.
  • As long as I can throw over [BAD WORD] cars and pallets without hitting some poorly designed invisible hitbox then its fine!

    What does it matter if you can throw over fence, if Hatchets literally cannot hit survivor?
  • No, she’s fine. Get better at dodging. She doesn’t even have mini fridges anymore, she’s bad now

  • @Orion said:
    This was neither a buff nor a nerf. It's a fix to hit boxes.

    Dude hatchets pass right through people. It's a nerf.

  • To give an idea of how broken the hit boxes were, I was the Huntress against Yoonz in this clip a while back. Even "I" don't know how the hell this hit him.

    https://clips.twitch.tv/SmellyBusySnoodAsianGlow

  • @Khroalthemadbomber said:
    To give an idea of how broken the hit boxes were, I was the Huntress against Yoonz in this clip a while back. Even "I" don't know how the hell this hit him.

    https://clips.twitch.tv/SmellyBusySnoodAsianGlow

    That one looked like huge lag issues. That would never hit under normal circumstances on any patch.

  • Orion said:

    This was neither a buff nor a nerf. It's a fix to hit boxes.

    Yeah my hatchets are going through arms and heads:/
  • Orion said:

    This was neither a buff nor a nerf. It's a fix to hit boxes.

    Yeah my hatchets are going through arms and heads:/
    Like they said, a fix. Kappa
  • I mean now the box is too small. Wasn't an intended nerf, relax and let them figure it out. Huntress isn't getting nerfed forever, wasn't intended to be a nerf, calm down guys, not the end of the world. People would exploit the old one and get miss hits on the instadown hatchets which was an issue. Devs just doing their best. 
    If they broke self care or bt would you be chill I wouldn't.  The huntress is straight up unplayable. Survivours are getting iframes from vaulting a window against huntress hatchets. An online game like this you always revert when the problem is so aggregious it messes up the character to the point that their power is too unreliable to be used. 
  • I bet Mathieu can dodge hatchets now!

  • @Sarief said:

    @Orion said:
    This was neither a buff nor a nerf. It's a fix to hit boxes.

    If it makes hatchets miss survivors hitbox, it's a nerf.
    In video games this hitboxes are designed to not be model for a reason. If it's throwable, that is.

    its a fix, rework not a nerf or buff, its just gonna be removed much quicker because you plebs not knowing how to hit a survivor with hatchets, I always try to hit survivors dead on with hatchets anyway, if you tried to hit a broken hitbox with a hatchet then get good at the game

    Buddy survivours are getting iframes going out the window against huntress hatchets theres no way you play huntress to a good standard if you didnt pick up on this. Stop pretending you play huntress as if you understand the damage done to her kit. 
  • @Maximus7 he was somehow behind the wall my end too.
  • tbh, some of the hatchets that hit me, felt very weird. especially if i went around a corner and the hatchet still managed to hit me...

  • Most of those hatchets hit because lack of dedicated servers causes latency issues. Most of those hatchets actually look fair even with the old hitbox on the killer's side, but it takes a few milliseconds to update that to the survivor's end due to the killer always being the host.

  • This clearly wasn't tested at all. My hatchets have been going right through people's chests. Huntress is unplayable until they patch this. How do you try to fix a tiny problem of hatchets going through a couple walls in the game by destroying an entire killer? And then push it to main release without even testing it to notice that hatchets are consistently going directly through the player models. Bad coding, worse management.