BHVR thanks for forcing me into crossplay

Sincerely, an Xbox Series X player.

Guess I'm still not playing until they fix this. Crossplay literally killed this game on Xbox. Can't match with other Xbox players if they have it on, it's on by default and 99% of the community is too lazy or too uninformed to turn it off.

👏👏 slow claps👏👏

Expect a really bad review of crossplay in your survey.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1751123#Comment_1751123

    Did I ever say they play worse than me or that I'm a better player?

    No I didn't. You assumed and then shamed/bullied me for wanting to play the game how I want.

    You didn’t use the words ‚better‘ or ‚worse‘ but you pretty much said that. Yes.

  • If people don't like Crossplay they can turn it off. Nobody is forcing anybody to do anything. Your pools of non-crossplay Xbox players is small because the rest of the players don't want to turn it off.


    They're not ignorant of it, Crossplay isn't a secret. They're not too lazy to turn it off. They don't want to turn it off, they enjoy the benefits of shorter queue times because of the larger pools of players.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1751095#Comment_1751095

    Gee considering that I can't play on Xbox Series X without turning ON crossplay is kinda forcing me to play crossplay. I literally have to crossplay with other Xbox players. The fact the game even launched in this state is unacceptable. Don't even mention the C word.

    Also the fact that more and more people are switching over makes my non-crossplay pool smaller and smaller over time, which eventually means the only way I can ever find a game is to turn on crossplay. In other words I am FORCED to turn it on to play.

    You're playing on a platform that has a smaller player base that's really not of behaviour forcing you to play crossplay

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1751123#Comment_1751123

    Did I ever say they play worse than me or that I'm a better player?

    No I didn't. You assumed and then shamed/bullied me for wanting to play the game how I want.

    You didn't?

    "Yes, exactly. But as a Series X player I'm forced to play with potatoes and trolls instead."

    Literally what you said earlier.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1751127#Comment_1751127

    You didn’t use the words ‚better‘ or ‚worse‘ but you pretty much said that. Yes.

    No I didn't pretty much say that actually.

    You assumed that from my tone, which I'm angry because of my situation not because of other players.

  • Uhm... nobody is bullying you. They have given their opinion.

    Sorry for being so blunt, but I don't think anyone here cares that much about whether you play with crossplay or not to bully you.

    And nobody is forcing you. You can decide freely if you want to activate it, or not.

    You haven't given any good reason why you don't want to play with PS/PC players and stereotyping them doesn't count, because honestly, there are a lot of negative stereotypes associated with XBOX players as well and that still doesn't make me not want to play with them.

    Also, complaining about peple choosing to crossplay because it makes YOUR player pool smaller?Yeah, ok.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1751127#Comment_1751127

    You didn't?

    "Yes, exactly. But as a Series X player I'm forced to play with potatoes and trolls instead."

    Literally what you said earlier.

    I still never said I was better. Some players though do very stupid things, and it's consistently the same stupid thing based on the platform. Has nothing to do with skill and everything to do with people doing their own thing and not thinking about the overall effect they have on the game.

  • @Kjetrr said:

    Uhm... nobody is bullying you. They have given their opinion.

    Sorry for being so blunt, but I don't think anyone here cares that much about whether you play with crossplay or not to bully you.

    And nobody is forcing you. You can decide freely if you want to activate it, or not.

    You haven't given any good reason why you don't want to play with PS/PC players and stereotyping them doesn't count, because honestly, there are a lot of negative stereotypes associated with XBOX players as well and that still doesn't make me not want to play with them.

    Also, complaining about peple choosing to crossplay because it makes YOUR player pool smaller?Yeah, ok.

    Why does a reason matter?

    This is exactly what bullying is. You are being thought police by telling me I can't think how I want or play the game how I want.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1751138#Comment_1751138

    I still never said I was better. Some players though do very stupid things, and it's consistently the same stupid thing based on the platform. Has nothing to do with skill and everything to do with just not being a team player.

    I didn't say that you were a better player either,but you definetely called people from other plattfroms "potatoes and trolls".

    And exactly that just isn't plattform specific.That's just your experience and not BHVRs fault for adding crossplay the way it is.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1750983#Comment_1750983

    I just don't want to play with PC or PS players. If I told you why I'd probably get banned from the forum TBH.

    Maybe I will cross play as killer now with 60 FPS, but hell no am I going to play survivor with survivors on other platforms.

    The fact you don't want to play against PC players is one thing, but also not PS4/5 players? (that part is extra friggn weird, as console players all have controllers and are on same page) The reason is so terrible you would get banned. Literally the weirdest thing I've read this week.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1751141#Comment_1751141

    Why does a reason matter?

    This is exactly what bullying is. You are being thought police by telling me I can't think how I want or play the game how I want.

    Usually, when I complain about something, I have a reason to do so. It is normal that people will ask for reasons, especially when you say that you might get banned when stating them.

    And where did I say that you can't think how you want? I literally said that most people don't care whether you play with crossplay on or off.

    If you feel that people stating an opinion means that they try to 'thought police' you, maybe going on a forum for *discussions* maybe isn't the best choice.

  • I don't really understand why if I turn it off, I can't be matched with other Xbox players that have it on? Why do both sides require it to be turned off to matchmake? Has a dev ever explained what the tech limitation there is?

  • @carnage4u said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1750997#Comment_1750997

    The fact you don't want to play against PC players is one thing, but also not PS4/5 players? (that part is extra friggn weird, as console players all have controllers and are on same page) The reason is so terrible you would get banned. Literally the weirdest thing I've read this week, and I've read ######### the president of the U.S has said in the past 7 days.

    @Hopesfall said:

    I don't really understand why if I turn it off, I can't be matched with other Xbox players that have it on? Why do both sides require it to be turned off to matchmake? Has a dev ever explained what the tech limitation there is?

    WHY DOES IT MATTER WHY I WANT IT OFF?

    I should be able to turn it off, for one, on Series X and I shouldn't be penalized for having it off normally with longer wait times. It should prioritize your own platform first and only crossplay if it needs to.

    The fact so many of ignore what my actual complaint is and instead focus on "why you no crossplay?" instead is why I turn off crossplay.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1751141#Comment_1751141

    Why does a reason matter?

    This is exactly what bullying is. You are being thought police by telling me I can't think how I want or play the game how I want.

    I literally said, that most people don't care if *you* play with crossplay on or not.

    If you think that people stating their opinions makes them the 'thought police' maybe going on a forum for *discussions* isn't the best choice.

    Also, when you only give vague (and overdramatized; as if your reason would be so outlandish that you would get banned) reasons for your complaint, people will ask questions.

  • nobody forced you into nothing

  • @Kjetrr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1751146#Comment_1751146

    I literally said, that most people don't care if *you* play with crossplay on or not.

    If you think that people stating their opinions makes them the 'thought police' maybe going on a forum for *discussions* isn't the best choice.

    Also, when you only give vague (and overdramatized; as if your reason would be so outlandish that you would get banned) reasons for your complaint, people will ask questions.

    1) This is not about people caring if I play with or without crossplay. IDGAF. I want it off. Period. Right now I CANNOT TURN IT OFF because I need it on to play on Xbox Series X. Which means I'm literally forced to play with it on. Also (normally) because I can't match with other Xbox players that have it on, it just shrinks my player pool and makes my wait time longer. I am therefore forced to play if I want to find games sometimes regardless of my Series X issue.

    2) Nearly every single person in this thread has responded to my not wanting crossplay on instead of actually reading my comment and understanding the situation. Again IDGAF what you think, I want it off. I can't do that. Yet everyone wants to question why I want it off and shame/bully me for it and make assumptions about what I said about players on other platforms. The WHY shouldn't matter, my complaints are valid. The game should prioritize matching players on the same platform and only use crossplay if necessary to fill slots faster.

    3) Again my reason shouldn't matter. I'm keeping them vague because if I actually said what I was thinking I'd get banned. Not gonna even bother when it's not even the point of the conversation.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1751150#Comment_1751150

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1751155#Comment_1751155

    WHY DOES IT MATTER WHY I WANT IT OFF?

    I should be able to turn it off, for one, on Series X and I shouldn't be penalized for having it off normally with longer wait times. It should prioritize your own platform first and only crossplay if it needs to.

    The fact so many of ignore what my actual complaint is and instead focus on "why you no crossplay?" instead is why I turn off crossplay.

    As @Kjetrr already said.

    It's your fault that you didn't explain what your problem with crossplay actually is.

    The beginning of the thread just makes you sound entitled because BHVR doesn't cater to the way you want to play the game.

  • You are using the words ‚force‘, ‚shame‘ and ‚bully‘ but I don’t think you know what those actually mean..

    and saying you would get banned for stating your true reasons doesn’t help your case either.

    the Crossplay feature works as intended and you seem to be the only one to want it changed, and you get aggressive when people ask for the reason.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1751166#Comment_1751166

    1) This is not about people caring if I play with or without crossplay. IDGAF. I want it off. Period. Right now I CANNOT TURN IT OFF because I need it on to play on Xbox Series X. Which means I'm literally forced to play with it on. Also (normally) because I can't match with other Xbox players that have it on, it just shrinks my player pool and makes my wait time longer. I am therefore forced to play if I want to find games sometimes regardless of my Series X issue.

    2) Nearly every single person in this thread has responded to my not wanting crossplay on instead of actually reading my comment and understanding the situation. Again IDGAF what you think, I want it off. I can't do that. Yet everyone wants to question why I want it off and shame/bully me for it and make assumptions about what I said about players on other platforms. The WHY shouldn't matter, my complaints are valid. The game should prioritize matching players on the same platform and only use crossplay if necessary to fill slots faster.

    3) Again my reason shouldn't matter. I'm keeping them vague because if I actually said what I was thinking I'd get banned. Not gonna even bother when it's not even the point of the conversation.

    Ok, so you are upset about having to have it turned on. Great. You have posted your opinion on a public forum. For discussions. Ok.

    You don't want people asking you questions (which normally will be asked, because a good *discussion* is based on information), you don't want to answer quesrions. So what exactly is your point posting here?

    To just vent? Sure, but then don't be upset if people actually engage in a discussion with you.

    You say that your main point is that you have to keep it turned on to play, because you play on one specific new console. That is your problem. The player base has to still grow on the platform. Crossplay has helped a lot of other players to find quicker matches. You want to be catered to because you don't want to play with specific players. So the main problem for you actually is them and not crossplay. Which makes the questions why you don't want to play with them valid.

  • Ok, so you are upset about having to have it turned on. Great. You have posted your opinion on a public forum. For discussions. Ok.

    You don't want people asking you questions (which normally will be asked, because a good *discussion* is based on information), you don't want to answer quesrions. So what exactly is your point posting here?

    To just vent? Sure, but then don't be upset if people actually engage in a discussion with you.

    You say that your main point is that you have to keep it turned on to play, because you play on one specific new console. That is your problem. The player base has to still grow on the platform. Crossplay has helped a lot of other players to find quicker matches. You want to be catered to because you don't want to play with specific players. So the main problem for you actually is them and not crossplay. Which makes the questions why you don't want to play with them valid.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1751166#Comment_1751166

    1) This is not about people caring if I play with or without crossplay. IDGAF. I want it off. Period. Right now I CANNOT TURN IT OFF because I need it on to play on Xbox Series X. Which means I'm literally forced to play with it on. Also (normally) because I can't match with other Xbox players that have it on, it just shrinks my player pool and makes my wait time longer. I am therefore forced to play if I want to find games sometimes regardless of my Series X issue.

    2) Nearly every single person in this thread has responded to my not wanting crossplay on instead of actually reading my comment and understanding the situation. Again IDGAF what you think, I want it off. I can't do that. Yet everyone wants to question why I want it off and shame/bully me for it and make assumptions about what I said about players on other platforms. The WHY shouldn't matter, my complaints are valid. The game should prioritize matching players on the same platform and only use crossplay if necessary to fill slots faster.

    3) Again my reason shouldn't matter. I'm keeping them vague because if I actually said what I was thinking I'd get banned. Not gonna even bother when it's not even the point of the conversation.

    A complaint is only valid if you give a valid reason for it.

    The why SHOULD matter,because why would BHVR want to change it if it's already working fine?

  • @Mooks said:

    You are using the words ‚force‘, ‚shame‘ and ‚bully‘ but I don’t think you know what those actually mean..

    and saying you would get banned for stating your true reasons doesn’t help your case either.

    the Crossplay feature works as intended and you seem to be the only one to want it changed, and you get aggressive when people ask for the reason.

    Dude just read this thread. Almost every new post is "why don't you want crossplay?" No one cares about my actual complaint. Like 2 people said something like "gee I'm sorry this is happening to you they should fix it/improve crossplay".

    But yea you guys are totally not bullying or shaming me for wanting to play how I want. Nope not at all. Oh and you're also not bullying me to tell you why too, again irrelevant to the conversation.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1751162#Comment_1751162

    As @Kjetrr already said.

    It's your fault that you didn't explain what your problem with crossplay actually is.

    The beginning of the thread just makes you sound entitled because BHVR doesn't cater to the way you want to play the game.

    IT. DOES. NOT. MATTER. WHY. I. WANT. CROSSPLAY. OFF.

    It doesn't. End of story. Stop asking I'm not going to tell you. It has nothing to do with my complaint.

    I want it off. I can't turn it off on Series X. And I'm punished for having it turned off regardless of the Series X issue. These last 2 shouldn't be things. I should be able to turn it off and not be penalized for it.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1751174#Comment_1751174

    A complaint is only valid if you give a valid reason for it.

    The why SHOULD matter,because why would BHVR want to change it if it's already working fine?

    Yea reason: I want crossplay off. I can't do that. That's it.

    It's literally irrelevant to the conversation.

  • @Orion said:

    Crossplay is quite evident in the score screen, so it's not that 99% of players are "too lazy or uninformed" to turn it off. More likely, they just don't think the long queues are worth it.

    Xbox never had long queue times. It has long queue times now that the crossplay is on.


    It especially benefits PS4 players. PS4 had the longest queue time, ever. It's got much better now at the expense of Xbox players.


    Being on Xbox, I wish crossplay never existed. It only hurts Xbox players in favor of other platforms.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1751200#Comment_1751200

    Yea reason: I want crossplay off. I can't do that. That's it.

    It's literally irrelevant to the conversation.

    You can.Go to 'options' in the main menu and disable crossplay.That's it.

    See,you should give BHVR a reason to change anything.

    Just demanding something to get changed without giving a proper explanation isn't how this world works.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1751200#Comment_1751200

    Yea reason: I want crossplay off. I can't do that. That's it.

    It's literally irrelevant to the conversation.

    You can turn crossplay off. You can't expect other XBOX players to do the same, just because you only want to play with them. Why should a system that works for most people be changed just because you play on a system with a low player base AND don't want to play with certain players?

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1751188#Comment_1751188

    Dude just read this thread. Almost every new post is "why don't you want crossplay?" No one cares about my actual complaint. Like 2 people said something like "gee I'm sorry this is happening to you they should fix it/improve crossplay".

    But yea you guys are totally not bullying or shaming me for wanting to play how I want. Nope not at all. Oh and you're also not bullying me to tell you why too, again irrelevant to the conversation.

    Your actual complaint is unreasonable though. „I want crossplay off“ is not a complaint. You are demanding something, something you do not need to play the game.

    the solution to your problem is super simple. Play with crossplay turned on until there is a bigger player base on your platform with crossplay turned off to find matches. It is that simple. Really. That Ash you complained about earlier may have been an Xbox player for all we know after all.

    there is literally no problem, crossplay makes sure the playerbase is big enough even for new consoles to find matches fast.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1751210#Comment_1751210

    You can.Go to 'options' in the main menu and disable crossplay.That's it.

    See,you should give BHVR a reason to change anything.

    Just demanding something to get changed without giving a proper explanation isn't how this world works.

    I literally can't.

    Read the thread next time please.

  • I did.

    But it seems like your reasoning would break forum rules (or else i don't understand why you couldn't explain it) and that alone would be reason enough for BHVR to ignore your request.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1751204#Comment_1751204

    Your actual complaint is unreasonable though. „I want crossplay off“ is not a complaint. You are demanding something, something you do not need to play the game.

    the solution to your problem is super simple. Play with crossplay turned on until there is a bigger player base on your platform with crossplay turned off to find matches. It is that simple. Really. That Ash you complained about earlier may have been an Xbox player for all we know after all.

    there is literally no problem, crossplay makes sure the playerbase is big enough even for new consoles to find matches fast.

    "I want crossplay off"

    Except that's not my complaint.

    My COMPLAINT is that I have to turn on crossplay to play on the Xbox Series X. Even with other Xbox players.

    My COMPLAINT is that this game was completely unplayable for 4 days after the Xbox Series X came out. This is like major #########, how this even got to release is unacceptable.

    My COMPLAINT is that because matchmaking doesn't allow Xbox players with crossplay on to play with Xbox players that have crossplay off matchmaking times were seriously hurt on Xbox. I shouldn't be punished for not using an optional feature.

    Why I want it off has NOTHING to do with my complaints. I want it off, it doesn't matter why, but I can't turn it off without being punished somehow.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1751239#Comment_1751239

    I did.

    But it seems like your reasoning would break forum rules (or else i don't understand why you couldn't explain it) and that alone would be reason enough for BHVR to ignore your request.

    I mean I literally can't turn off crossplay. If I do my game doesn't work.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1751224#Comment_1751224

    "I want crossplay off"

    Except that's not my complaint.

    My COMPLAINT is that I have to turn on crossplay to play on the Xbox Series X. Even with other Xbox players.

    My COMPLAINT is that this game was completely unplayable for 4 days after the Xbox Series X came out. This is like major #########, how this even got to release is unacceptable.

    My COMPLAINT is that because matchmaking doesn't allow Xbox players with crossplay on to play with Xbox players that have crossplay off, and this seriously hurt matchmaking times on Xbox. I shouldn't be punished for not using an optional feature.

    Why I want it off has NOTHING to do with my complaints. I want it off, it doesn't matter why, but I can't turn it off without being punished somehow.

    At this point, being able to turn crossplay off is the optional feature, not the other way around.

    the 4 day not able to play thing is another matter, THAT IS a valid complaint.

    you want it off, everyone here knows that. You don’t wanna tell why. Okay, whatever.

    you won’t get what you want. And BHVR is not at fault here. Why should they rework their whole crossplay mechanic for one single person? This does not make sense at all.

    people were asking for your reasons because they wanted to understand you problem, not to bully or shame you. But you are coming off rather aggressive

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1751249#Comment_1751249

    At this point, being able to turn crossplay off is the optional feature, not the other way around.

    the 4 day not able to play thing is another matter, THAT IS a valid complaint.

    you want it off, everyone here knows that. You don’t wanna tell why. Okay, whatever.

    you won’t get what you want. And BHVR is not at fault here. Why should they rework their whole crossplay mechanic for one single person? This does not make sense at all.

    people were asking for your reasons because they wanted to understand you problem, not to bully or shame you. But you are coming off rather aggressive

    "At this point, being able to turn crossplay off is the optional feature, not the other way around."

    LOL so then you admit I am forced to play crossplay. Bravo. Not a bully at all.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1751264#Comment_1751264

    "At this point, being able to turn crossplay off is the optional feature, not the other way around."

    LOL so then you admit I am forced to play crossplay. Bravo.

    How are you coming to that conclusion?

    i am saying that crossplay turned on is the default mechanic and being able to turn it off is an optional feature.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1751269#Comment_1751269

    How are you coming to that conclusion?

    i am saying that crossplay turned on is the default mechanic and being able to turn it off is an optional feature.

    An optional feature I can't use.

    Therefore I am forced into crossplay.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1751264#Comment_1751264

    "At this point, being able to turn crossplay off is the optional feature, not the other way around."

    LOL so then you admit I am forced to play crossplay. Bravo.

    And that is why people keep asking you why you want to turn it off.

    You complain about the way the game is intended to be played by the devs and don't give a reason why. If you don't want to give a reason why you can't play the game like everyone else does and want to be catered to, then don't complain because nothing will change.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1751273#Comment_1751273

    An optional feature I can't use.

    Therefore I am forced into crossplay.

    It’s not BHVR that forces you but the (missing) playerbase. You can’t really talk about force here.

    the feature is there and you can use it. And all other platforms show that it is functioning.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1751281#Comment_1751281

    It’s not BHVR that forces you but the (missing) playerbase. You can’t really talk about force here.

    the feature is there and you can use it. And all other platforms show that it is functioning.

    The playerbase wouldn't be missing if BHVR didn't separate them from the other players on Xbox. If all crossplay did was fill in spots and speed up matchmaking when you need it I'd be fine, but as it stands you are just in a completely different pool.

    So yes, BHVR is literally forcing me into crossplay by making it so I can't play with other people on my platform instead of doing what other game's do and prioritize your platform first, then fill in the rest with crossplayers.

  • @Kjetrr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1751269#Comment_1751269

    And that is why people keep asking you why you want to turn it off.

    You complain about the way the game is intended to be played by the devs and don't give a reason why. If you don't want to give a reason why you can't play the game like everyone else does and want to be catered to, then don't complain because nothing will change.

    "And that is why people keep asking you why you want to turn it off."

    IRRELEVANT TO THE CONVERSATION.

    I typed it big to make an impression. Why does it matter why I want it off? I want it off but I can't turn it off, and even when I can turn it off I'm punished for turning it off.

    How you guys can even argue against this is astounding.

  • I agree its pretty stupid to not let people get matched with people who have it on still. Its artficially increasing queue time. On top of that for window store they can't play with steam store if they have it off despite being on the same platform... Its stupid.


    As for why people play with it off:

    In my experience console players are very unreliable and too many have bad internet. I assume because they're using a wifi connection instead of ethernet. Which is further made an issue with the fact I can't see what other people's connections look like in the match.

    In short: The way the devs implemented crossplay is stupid and people should quit defending it.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1751288#Comment_1751288

    The playerbase wouldn't be missing if BHVR didn't separate them from the other players on Xbox. If all crossplay did was fill in spots and speed up matchmaking when you need it I'd be fine, but as it stands you are just in a completely different pool.

    So yes, BHVR is literally forcing me into crossplay by making it so I can't play with other people on my platform instead of doing what other game's do and prioritize your platform first, then fill in the rest with crossplayers.

    But imagine this: other Xbox players turn off crossplay because they don’t want to play against platforms with better performance (eg PC).

    and i am making a huge assumption now and may be wrong but: next gen Xbox also has better performance for this game. So there are many Xbox players you wanna screw over their optional feature just because... and there we are. No reason. Just because of you. Nothing else.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1751282#Comment_1751282

    "And that is why people keep asking you why you want to turn it off."

    IRRELEVANT TO THE CONVERSATION.

    I typed it big to make an impression. Why does it matter why I want it off? I want it off but I can't turn it off, and even when I can turn it off I'm punished for turning it off.

    How you guys can even argue against this is astounding.

    I completely agree. I play PS4, PC and Xbox.


    Unless ppl played on Xbox before and after the crossplay, they would never understand.


    My favorite platform for dbd was Xbox due to the great queue times. Now Xbox players suffer at the expense of other platforms, especially the PS4.


    PS4 survivor queue time use to be like 20 mins. Now it's only 8 or so mins.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1751303#Comment_1751303

    But imagine this: other Xbox players turn off crossplay because they don’t want to play against platforms with better performance (eg PC).

    and i am making a huge assumption now and may be wrong but: next gen Xbox also has better performance for this game. So there are many Xbox players you wanna screw over their optional feature just because... and there we are. No reason. Just because of you. Nothing else.

    No one turns on crossplay to play with players on other platforms and not their own. They do it for faster que times. Whether or not you have it on shouldn't prevent you from matching on your OWN platform. It should prioritize your platform first.

    Also I am still on the Xbox platform. I shouldn't be prevented from playing with other Xbox players. Performance and everything else is irrelevant if I'm on the same platform. I bought an Xbox to play on Xbox Live, not on Xbox Live sorta but not really.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1751282#Comment_1751282

    "And that is why people keep asking you why you want to turn it off."

    IRRELEVANT TO THE CONVERSATION.

    I typed it big to make an impression. Why does it matter why I want it off? I want it off but I can't turn it off, and even when I can turn it off I'm punished for turning it off.

    How you guys can even argue against this is astounding.

    It matters because you want to get it changed.

    Sounds the same like i would say "SPIRIT IS OP".Doesn't matter why i think it is like that.I just don't want to play against her but i can't.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1751306#Comment_1751306

    It matters because you want to get it changed.

    Sounds the same like i would say "SPIRIT IS OP".Doesn't matter why i think it is like that.I just don't want to play against her but i can't.

    No it doesn't matter. It shouldn't work this way to begin with.

    I want it change to what is a reasonable implementation of an OPTIONAL feature. The way it's in the game I'm forced to use it. As it stands I am punished for not using it.

    Like for real it shouldn't separate you completely from your own platform. No one on PC has ever said "boy I sure do wish I could play with nothing but PS4 players all day". MF'er buy a PS4 then.

  • Actually I kinda feel you

    It's small and a preference thing, but I kinda liked the times when everybody could communicate via chat because they were playing on a keyboard and not on controllers, the occasional salt and the occasional wholesomeness were part of the experience to me. Now depending on how bad the lobby I get is I just feel like I'm playing with bots because nobody can say a thing; we can't argue, we can't laugh with each other, we can't exchange discord ids to get to know each other better and eventually become friends... And I can't just turn it off either - I'm in South America and not enough people have turned it off to fill lobbies. That means I get sent to NA servers in which I have really high ping if I want to play with only PC players.

    If only it was off by default so that only people who want it have to do play with other platforms... Not enough people would have it on for it to be a justifiable feature in the first place. So they just force everyone in. I honestly hate how they do stuff sometimes.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    Sincerely, an Xbox Series X player.

    Guess I'm still not playing until they fix this. Crossplay literally killed this game on Xbox. Can't match with other Xbox players if they have it on, it's on by default and 99% of the community is too lazy or too uninformed to turn it off.

    👏👏 slow claps👏👏

    Expect a really bad review of crossplay in your survey.

    I'm pretty sure if they have an Xbox Series X then they know about crossplay.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1751150#Comment_1751150

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1751155#Comment_1751155

    WHY DOES IT MATTER WHY I WANT IT OFF?

    I should be able to turn it off, for one, on Series X and I shouldn't be penalized for having it off normally with longer wait times. It should prioritize your own platform first and only crossplay if it needs to.

    The fact so many of ignore what my actual complaint is and instead focus on "why you no crossplay?" instead is why I turn off crossplay.

    nothing in my post was even directed at you, it was about the crossplay limitations themselves.. so i dont know why you lumped my response with the other guy's and proceeded to capslock my face

  • @Hopesfall said:

    I don't really understand why if I turn it off, I can't be matched with other Xbox players that have it on? Why do both sides require it to be turned off to matchmake? Has a dev ever explained what the tech limitation there is?

    Well if you and another guy join a lobby and he has x-play on and you don't, then you will extend Q times for him since your setting makes it a no x-play match.

1 2 3 4 5